March Update Discussion - New Kaz Tweet!

• Thread starter eugene1
  • 72 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I was hoping for weather effects and a classic track last update, so either one is a must for me this month

Will another 12 cars be on the way? Maybe a bonus too

Will be announced on 24th so not long!

I'm pretty sure the next content update is April 9th, which will almost certainly fully implement the Full 2018 FIA season and give us the cars we were promised for March 10 days late (not a big deal)

I find it very unlikely we'll get content at the end of the month and then again on April 9th.

I'm pretty sure the next content update is April 9th, which will almost certainly fully implement the Full 2018 FIA season and give us the cars we were promised for March 10 days late (not a big deal)

I find it very unlikely we'll get content at the end of the month and then again on April 9th.

Why would you think that? Where did April 9th come from? The April update wasn't announced yet, was it? I know they said the Supra is coming in the "April Update" but did I miss a firm date?

They managed to slide a February content update in at the last minute, so why would they miss March and their 50 car target?

Ok, great, April 9th update.

But still, at the end of the article they state "One more update in March should complete that commitment."

There's no reason at this point to believe that the April 9th date precludes a March content release. 12 more cars and they'll be at 49, or the "nearly 50" cars they promised. Also, March is the end of a fiscal quarter for many game companies and they often need to keep promises within a quarter for monetary reasons.

Because it's just not often you see 2 content releases within 2 weeks of each other, than and PD haven't mentioned a March Update once and have mentioned the April update twice now.

We were told "around 50 cars by [end of] March".

We have 37 so far.

Expect 10 to 13 at the end of March (probably just before Easter). You can guessimate what they will be in another thread.

Nothing else has been confirmed.

The only other thing we know is that Deep Forest was being worked on.

Everything else is speculation.

/end

Because it's just not often you see 2 content releases within 2 weeks of each other, than and PD haven't mentioned a March Update once and have mentioned the April update twice now.

I got caught out thinking the February update wouldn't come.

We were told "around 50 cars by [end of] March".

We have 37 so far.

Expect 10 to 13 at the end of March (probably just before Easter). You can guessimate what they will be in another thread.

/end

We'll get 12. The precedence and method of announcement is set. We will get yet another 12 car poster that we can ponder over for a few days.

37+12 = 49 = nearly 50

The only other thing we know is that Deep Forest was being worked on.

Everything else is speculation.

/end
That's nice. I bought the game just a few days ago and I didn't follow all the news, so knowing that Deep Forest is in the works is great.

I've also heard something about more wet surfaces, but it was a while ago..

We'll get 12. The precedence and method of announcement is set. We will get yet another 12 car poster that we can ponder over for a few days.

37+12 = 49 = nearly 50

I agree re format... definitely another 12 poster for the next update but personally, I think we will get this 12 plus a 'special' which will be released on its own... like the Audi or Supra

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to think about is the update might have the cars unlocked for the April dates. R* use a hot patch to unlock the cars when they are
ready so it's possible that the update could come at the end of March and the cars be locked until the release dates in April.

If we get a tweet next week or the week after from Kaz showing new cars it's coming in March with a drip feed for the Audi and Toyota or more
likely probability is we get the update April 6 in keeping with past releases on Friday and the start of the month will be the new format.

^Yeh it's fair to expect 13 cars coming some time before April fools day, with 12 available and the 13th being that toyota they already mentioned. Which could get unlocked on April 9th. Otherwise another update on April 9th just for the Toyota.

Getting new tracks which would become part of the FIA season would be a bit weird? But then I've not followed how the FIA season is laid out or how long the season would last etc etc

^Yeh it's fair to expect 13 cars coming some time before April fools day, with 12 available and the 13th being that toyota they already mentioned. Which could get unlocked on April 9th. Otherwise another update on April 9th just for the Toyota.

Getting new tracks which would become part of the FIA season would be a bit weird? But then I've not followed how the FIA season is laid out or how long the season would last etc etc
I wouldn't expect any new tracks to be included in the FIA season without having been tested in the game beforehand.

I agree re format... definitely another 12 poster for the next update but personally, I think we will get this 12 plus a 'special' which will be released on its own... like the Audi or Supra

Both those cars were announced for April

I said 'like' as in a special solo release car, not either of...

I'm still at a loss. Why would there be a special? PD never said exactly 50. They said nearly 50.

49 is nearly 50. That's all we'll get. If we get more than that, it would be update 1.14, 1.15, and 1.16 all in the span of three weeks and that's pretty unlikely.

A surprise track is more likely than a 13th car in March. And by "surprise", I mean something that isn't being expected right now, like one of the originals.

Would you mind posting your source for this please? Only I'm assuming that as you put "will be" which is very matter of fact, that you have seen an announcement for an announcement!

Kaz posts on his Twitter the weekend before the update

Weather AND a classic track? Dream on :lol:

I was expecting either one in January! Surely either one will come this month, apart from the cars and Monza, it's been disappointing

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we will get 12 cars for a March update, along with maybe a new layout of dragon trail circuit, and maybe a track like silverstone, spa or laguna seca thrown in as a suprise like Monza. one of the cars that I think will be added is the Chris Forsbergs Nissan drift car, can't remember what Nissan it was I think it was either a 350z or 370z I remember seeing back at Goodwood. I'm also hoping for a new Porsche or a Mercedes-Benz as they are really lacking in content.
As for April I think we will get a small update like we did in November with the supra, Audi VGT and maybe another suprise car ( praying its a super GT car) along with some scapes.

Is not necessarily the april 9th date when they will release the car, most probably when it wil lbe revealed (most of the VGT were revealed like 2 o 3 weeks before they were released to the game in GT6)

I have my doubts about a new track, BUT there is precedent - i seem to remember that Silverstone was released just before the Gran Turismo driving competition one year (sorry - mind blank can't remember the name :dunce:) and they could have something ready to go and pre-arranged with FIA.

Or we might get a "classic" track like Deep Forest without it being included in the FIA competition at all.

Plus we had Monza in January, February was similar to December with just new variants added, March might be like January.

I still feel there is a symmetry in these releases which is why I think we get 10 cars just before Easter and 3 more including on April 9 including a VGT just like December.

BUT I think we are getting a bit hung up on the precise number 50, it might be 49 or 51, think the original post said "around 50 cars by March" but someone else can confirm the exact wording.

Is not necessarily the april 9th date when they will release the car, most probably when it wil lbe revealed (most of the VGT were revealed like 2 o 3 weeks before they were released to the game in GT6)

I agree. The tweet said the Supra was coming 9 April, don't think they specifically said the Audi was coming 9 April?

Up till now, they haven't been specific on dates unless they were 100% sure.

Kaz posts on his Twitter the weekend before the

Just because he has in the past doesn't mean the same will happen again. You're still saying it like you have firm confirmation. What you are infact doing, is guessing. So instead of "will", which is basicaly you confirming it as a 100% event, perhaps "hopefully" would have been a better way.

Last edited:
It seems that being negatively positive about lack of updates despite GTS update history, is OK.
But being positively optimistic about the chance of updates despite GTS update history is deemed wrong.

The only thing that is 100% is that none of us know either way.

If I 'will' something to happen, it is no more than 'hoping' something to happen.

It seems that being negatively positive about lack of updates despite GTS update history, is OK.
But being positively optimistic about the chance of updates despite GTS update history is deemed wrong.

The only thing that is 100% is that none of us know either way.

If I 'will' something to happen, it is no more than 'hoping' something to happen.

It's not about being optimistic. We are all hoping. It's about stating something as fact or implying something that is just a guess (past performance does not predict the future as all investment advisors should tell you). Aside from more cars being due in March and working on Deep Forest which was quoted by Kaz himself, plus the Supra and Audi (which are not due in March), we know NOTHING.

Actually we know Kaz started thinking about the next game from that article. Therefore I'm hoping that GT7 is released on 27 March with 100 tracks and 1,000 hyper hyper premium cars.

Apologies, I know that the above is being sarcastic and probably a bit too much. But it's honestly based on more fact than many of the update posts are. We DO know there are plans for another game. We DO know what was in the December, January, February updates. We STILL do NOT know the March update will contain anything except cars.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it contains Deep Forest and Le Mans and Silverstone with several variants. But that's based on nothing at all (except maybe wild extrapolation from a few Le Mans scapes and a PSN trophy)

:) Past performance does not predict the future will be in the small print, but all profitable investment advisors use it to sell you their product based on their performance.

The scorpion and the frog fable, if told on GT Planet would have people changing the frog to a dog and the scorpion to a flea for the sake of their preferred opinion to being optimistic or pessimistic.

I haven't seen eugene state anything as fact in this thread
I was hoping for weather effects and a classic track last update, so either one is a must for me this month Will another 12 cars be on the way? Maybe a bonus too Will be announced on 24th so not long!

I think we will get 12 cars for a March update, along with maybe a new layout of dragon trail circuit, and maybe a track like silverstone, spa or laguna seca thrown in as a suprise like Monza. one of the cars that I think will be added is the Chris Forsbergs Nissan drift car, can't remember what Nissan it was I think it was either a 350z or 370z I remember seeing back at Goodwood. I'm also hoping for a new Porsche or a Mercedes-Benz as they are really lacking in content.
As for April I think we will get a small update like we did in November with the supra, Audi VGT and maybe another suprise car ( praying its a super GT car) along with some scapes.

Can I just ask? Why does everyone expect a new layout of Dragon Trail?? Why not Alsace?? I think its more likely to be a new layout(s) for BB raceway plus a new circuit (only an assumption since we had new layout, new layout + new track then new layout in the last three 'main' updates).

Is it possible (I don't know much about these sorts of things) that the Supra Concept and Audi VGT will be added in a March but not available until April??

Edit: Just looked at the Supra Concept news article and it specifies an April Update so I guess that kinda proves that theory wrong!

Back