Drive Hub worth it

• Thread starter nockel
  • 83 comments
Germany
Germany
Hi,

I'm playing gts now for some hours It's my first racing sim on PS4. I'm owning a G27 with csr elite pedals

Now I want to know is it worth spending 100 bucks for drive hub ?
I don't know

Hi,

I'm playing gts now for some hours It's my first racing sim on PS4. I'm owning a G27 with csr elite pedals

Now I want to know is it worth spending 100 bucks for drive hub ?
I don't know
There's a lengthy review in the hardware section of the forums. Seems like a great product.

I've had my Drive Hub since the beginning of November and I think it's great. Easy to set up, and the wheel works as expected. My alternative was to buy another wheel, but that wasn't an option especially when my G27 works perfectly fine. There was a problem early on regarding +/- buttons not working properly when using the multifunction display, but that was quickly fixed with a firmware update (make sure it's up to date). I had a couple of wheel disconnects, but that was down to a loose USB cable connection. Well worth it in my opinion.

I've used Drive Hub on my G27 with GTS since day one. It's great.

Make sure you update the firmware to the latest level. And make sure you turn your DS4 OFF before plugging it into the Drive Hub.

I've had my Drive Hub since the beginning of November and I think it's great. Easy to set up, and the wheel works as expected. My alternative was to buy another wheel, but that wasn't an option especially when my G27 works perfectly fine. There was a problem early on regarding +/- buttons not working properly when using the multifunction display, but that was quickly fixed with a firmware update (make sure it's up to date). I had a couple of wheel disconnects, but that was down to a loose USB cable connection. Well worth it in my opinion.
+1
Check thread above. Particular check where you buy from as your location makes difference in delivery time.
Edit: as above ds4 must be off. I got caught initially, too excited.

Last edited:

This.

I've got mine set up with my trusty Fanatec GT3RS Wheel and Clubsport pedals. Works like a charm. The configuration took a little while but there are more than enough good FAQs and troubleshooting tips and videos, so no problem there. I had to do a firmware update as well but that's been a long time coming anyway ;)

If you don’t want to fork out 100 bucks for the drive hub, there is the Cronus max pro which does the same thing and it cheaper as well and amazon.

This is what I use. Buts it's nearly the same cost once you figure in a USB hub that it also needs.

I went with the Cronusmax for it's other capabilities besides being a wheel adapter.

If you don’t want to fork out 100 bucks for the drive hub, there is the Cronus max pro which does the same thing and it cheaper as well and amazon.

But I can't use G27 with csr pedals with cronusmax or ?

Another question Can I use controller for menu or just wheel

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Cronus Max with Driving Force GT wheel. All the buttons and pedals work. You can turn on another ds4 at the same time if you want (one has to be plugged into the Cronus).

edit: If your csr pedals and wheel have to be plugged in separately (2 usb) then Cronus might not work, but I'm not sure. They have an extensive help section on their website. http://cronusmax.com/

Another cool thing about Cronus is that it can be used to map key macros and use any controller on any system.

By the way which cam you are using with wheel?

With controller I'm using bumper cam.
On PC I'm only in cockpit view

What I meant was, with Cronus you only NEED one controller (for authentication) but you can turn on a second controller and use it at the same time as the wheel if you wanted.

I only use bumper cam. I like looking at the cockpit of the cars but I don't like the field of view in most of them.

I've got a drivehub connected to my G25 - works a treat. No problems at all and have been using it since gts came out. Easy to use and a great saving from having to buy a new wheel.

What I meant was, with Cronus you only NEED one controller (for authentication) but you can turn on a second controller and use it at the same time as the wheel if you wanted.

I only use bumper cam. I like looking at the cockpit of the cars but I don't like the field of view in most of them.

I can confirm this. You need one DS4 for authentication (always plugged in as directed in instructions, never even turned on or paired with pS4) to use the CronusMax for your wheel.

You can however turn on and use a different DS4 while your wheel is also active. I do this while applying decals to cars. Traversing replays, photo shoots..... Ect

I can confirm this. You need one DS4 for authentication (always plugged in as directed in instructions, never even turned on or paired with pS4) to use the CronusMax for your wheel.

You can however turn on and use a different DS4 while your wheel is also active. I do this while applying decals to cars. Traversing replays, photo shoots..... Ect

OK thx but while racing you are using buttons of wheel for pit stop looking back etc?

Latest Posts

Back