Sloppy's Fast, Stable and Fun Career Tunes

United States
Daytona Beach
sloppysmusic
Last edited:
How are you duplicating the thread? Its two different sites.

LOL well copying the same info in 2 sites is still duplicating albeit not on the same actual forum! I meant is it ok to just point to there from here instead of ummm..copying the info and posting it here :D

if it is requested to upload setup images here as well that's not a problem. I dont mind. It's just that there is not a dedicated setup area here at the moment.

Hi!
I've been working my way through career mode, in my OCD way of completing every class and championship in each tier from 6 upwards. I'm not a 'super' driver, and certainly not an 'alien', so some of the cars proved too hot to handle for me with stock tunes. Loading other's tunes up didn't help either so I decided to spend hours on each car tweaking everything in a way that would enable me and others to race all the cars confidently. The goal has been in every case to produce a tune that is not only stable and fast but also fun to drive! I'm not happy living on the edge! I have done Tier 6 and have nearly finished 5 and noticed that my 'rookie' tunes were usually close to the leader-board fastest times for each car. So in this thread I am posting the tunes that I have already posted the fastest times on the PS4 charts for. Anyone should be able to do fast times with these, and certainly anyone good thrash my times and post new records!
If anyone wants me to post these tunes for cars that I haven't personally got the leaderboard fastest for please tell me. Each one is only seconds way anyway, I just feel intimidated slightly amongst such racing Illuminati here to post setups unless I have already proven them the fastest on PS4.
All of these tunes can be raced confidently against AI of 80/80 and upwards, with practice. Anyway enough of the blah blah first tunes coming up in a few moments. Goal is for everyone to be able to race every class in each tier with confidence and excitement, with NO spinning out unless a major mistake is made (including karts!).
Enjoy!
Sloppy
Notes:
I am using the Logitech G29 wheel. All shifting is with the paddles. No aids except realistic ones. Usually ABS is set to 100 and TC to 1. No other assists are required for these tunes.
In every case I have finely tuned every gear to fit the track, from 1st matching slowest corner entry to fastest almost on the limiter. This may result in very close gearing for fast tracks! Obviously in some cases experienced drivers may prefer less shifts so this is just personal preference. I find that with very twitchy cars that fine gearing means you can change up and down during corners without loss of stability. The whole project is supposed to open up the 'fun' cars to all of Project Cars userbase. 'XXX car is undriveable' is no longer an excuse!

The YouTube Playlist for some of the tunes is here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...9L3XuFUk5_gAs2

Last edited:
Caterham SP/300.R - Monza Short - 0.46.888

Project CARS 2_20180427230813.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180427230913.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180427230919.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180427230924.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180427230932.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180427230944.jpg

Last edited:
Kart Setup - Stable/fast generic plus final drive for all tracks
Well this took most of the day but I'm so glad I took the time to get it right. As the kart takes some getting used to I stuck with one tune that is easy, smooth and fast to drive and decided to test and provide the optimum final drive setting for each track.
I took the Kart to Caldwell Park and noted maximum speeds for each drive setting. Then started a career race and noted if a selected gearing could reach its maximum speed or not. Due to the proliferation of tight bends and slow corners it's important to keep the gearing
as low as possible yet also lose the minimum time on the straights.
Tuning notes:
Front tire pressures set higher than rear to prevent oversteer.
LWB set midway for natural weight transfer.
Caster angle set to full to maximize stability after swinging round corners and getting straight again asap.
Forward rake for stability.
Minimum steering ratio for tight control of wheel. Tune is very stable so this is no problem!
Camber neutral, toe in does the turning for you.
Bumps..TBH I dont remember touching these!
Engine braking 0 to make coasting round slow corners easy and smooth with braking only really required for hairpins. Helps keep inertia through corners.
Final drive most important setting for each track. No point in having a gear so high you cant reach its max speed, thats a waste, yet also important not to max out on the occasional actual decent straight (Le Mans for instance).

Here are all the final drive settings and maximum possible speed on a long straight:

Speeds are in mph. Convert to kph as you please!
cool.png

Final Drive/Max speed
8.182/58
7.909/61
7.545/63
7.273/66
7.000/68
6.727/71
6.545/74
6.273/76
6.000/81
5.818/61 (Drag at play here)

For example, first race of season was Dubai. AI setting 80/80. Ran 63 which peaked very briefly, won easy with 12 seconds gap to 2nd place fastest lap 1.02. Dropped to 61 which maxed out for only a couple seconds but I finished 18 seconds ahead with fastest lap 1.01.
So I would select 61 here for max acceleration. Race was very smooth and I have to say easy, most corners could be taken with lift off gas and turn in, tight corners with hard straight line braking then quick turn just before corner resulting in easily controllable slide into next straight.

I will be filling in the final drive speeds below for all the tracks as I complete them to save wasted re-posts. Screenshots of the generic tune follow after. The PS4 time trial record for Dubai is approx 58.7 seconds. I think this is within reach for someone now quite easily!

Final Drive Settings For Each Track:

Dubai - 7.909/61
Glencairn East - 8.182/58
Summerton Sprint - 7.000/68
Le Mans - 6.727/71
Chesterfield - 7.273/66
Summerton International - 7.000/68
Greenwood - 7.545/63 (Wet tires in Euro Championship career!)
Glencairn GP - 7.273/66
Summerton National- 7.000/68
Glencairn East Reverse - 8.182/58

Project CARS 2_20180501225211.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180501225221.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180501225236.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180501225245.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180501225005.jpg

Last edited:
Clio Cup - Race 1/5 - Brands Indy - Setup and AI Recommendations
This race series is the first introduction to touring cars new players on the PC2 Career will likely face. The default tunes are certainly usable but have quirks for the newcomer. To make the whole experience a fun challenge I am going to post setups that will race reliably and fast, plus AI recommendations that should not only keep you on your toes, but also keep you safe from cars doing speeds faster than any human had been capable of!

My personal best in qualifying was 51.738. The PS4 record is currently 51.181.
An AI setting of 75/75 produces a lead car that is fractions faster than the PS4 human record. So use this if you either an alien or like the challenge of winning with consistent place points!
70/70 gave times just beneath that but above the fastest I could get the car to achieve with my tune. Use this if you want the hardest challenge and like pushing for personal records.
Overall for a equal challenge against the AI I recommend 65/65 (you can put aggression up to 100 if you like a good scrap!) as the lead car was almost level with my best time. This way IF you can qualify to the best of your ability you can finish pole. A good close race is guaranteed even if you are further down the starting grid, especially with a good start.

Tune notes:
I like to setup the steering behavior with camber/caster as we have no roll bar settings here.
To avoid oversteer and spin outs I have raised the front tires to 5 PSI above the rear. This is common in my tunes, I just like the smooth way I can take corners fully in control. Purists may scowl!
The brakes are powerful in this car, I set brake pressure as shown for when/if I need to slam them on so I don't lock up but otherwise all of the race you mostly just need light pressure before a turn. Druids is the only time you really need to brake hard. The tune keeps you very stable here. Paddock (the first turn) will spin you out if you wrench the car too strongly to the right after hard braking but the setup allows you to get some controllable oversteer to mildly drift around the apex.
Ride height forward rake of 10mm seems to be the sweet spot for me.
Neutral toe in to keep the front end tame and enough negative camber to control corners.
Fuel load for a 9 lap race is 6L (4l 6 laps shown in screenshot below this is ideal for a few qualifying laps).
Radiator can be closed full for qualifying. 10% after 9 laps reaches 220F, about as high as you want to go by end of race.
I am using the Viscous LSD on mid setting but you can always try turning to off or tweaking to suit your driving style.

The 9 lap race was great fun, even though I started pole I had cars in my mirror close up the whole time. The results shown are the second race. The first I made one error and slipped into 3rd which made the race more interesting but as I passed 2nd place between Paddock and Druids half way through the race the robot clipped my rear on turn in and spun me into last. I fought back to 4th but raced again to see what the spread would be in a race without major errors. 65/65 AI settings mean you HAVE to race at your best to win but without a major boo boo a podium finish is yours with a good solid drive.
I will experimenting with the AI levels for EVERY race from now on, they give vastly different opposition not only between series but also between races IN the same series.
Have fun, Oulton Island coming up next.

Project CARS 2_20180502234947.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180502235016.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180502235025.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180502235036.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180502235046.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180502235105.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180503002204.jpg

Last edited:
Clio Cup - Race 2/5 - Oulton Park Island - Setup and AI Recommendations
I'm really starting to enjoy this series at last. The work involved to get a stable tune and choose the best AI has given me two really fun races tonight after all the tech stuff has been worked out. I know now I can jump back into a career (one day in the distant future) and blast through with everything ready for me, I really hope it works out this way for others too!
First of all the setup. There isn't one..well not a NEW one. I had my previous tune and used that to set a 135.354 qualifying time, then for fun I loaded up my Brands Indy setup and after a little adjustment managed 134.617. (For reference the PS4 TT record is 132.160). I tried some tweaks but nothing improved it so for the set up please use the SAME setup as for Brands Indy in my previous Clio Cup post. The problem was that the AI were pretty useless here on 65/65 that I'd got giving me a great race at Brands. They were about 4 seconds off the pace during my first session so I tried 75/75 which was 2 seconds off then finally settled on 85/85 which although sounding intimidating at first still put them 1 second behind at 1.35.711. I was getting consistent sub 1.36 laps all the time so my recommendation for this race is 85/85

Project CARS 2_20180503203332.jpg

I ran two races, racing sloppily (!) to try and make a little boo boo so I could have some catching up to do, to see if the AI were passable. (Not much fun knowing ONE error will wreck the race).
The first race I spun round on the first corner half way round and ended last. Could catch up only half the places so I ran a second race and after 'accidentally' running over a large kerb spun off but got back in 6th giving me a fighting chance. Took me about 2 laps to get back in front driving aggressively but not dirtily, so I'm confident practice with this setup will give the best challenge at 85/85. (Very confident drivers could up this to 100/100 and have a great fair challenge!)

Project CARS 2_20180503210723.jpg

I also recommend for newcomers who haven't already done so to create 2 new pit strategies: Slick and Wet. You won't need them yet but you will before long so have them ready! Whatever tires you use at the start of the race, slicks or wet, set the OTHER one as default for the pit stop. Make sure you ONLY have tire changes in there unless you want to sit for a couple mins while your diligent staff buff your paintwork and change your spark plugs!

Project CARS 2_20180503203600.jpg

To add some extra 'value' to this post as it's missing a new setup I am working on a video showing the qualifying lap and race highlights, so you can see where I gain and lose time with good and bad driving during my sloppy run.

That's all for this race I'm really looking forward to the next tomorrow

Last edited:
Clio Cup - Race 3/5 - Snetterton 300 - Setup and AI Recommendations
Me and my big mouth saying I was really enjoying this series....this is the WET race so bring suitable clothing. Once again the 'Brands' tune proved fastest so I'm going to refer to it as the default tune. It seems to cope with all tracks so far (and all weather) but I am going to post the screens again at the bottom here as they differ slightly because of the rain. Talking of rain, it's everywhere except the first 5 mins of the 30 min practice. The AI are USELESS in the rain, or their tunes are compared to ours. So much so that I had to raise the AI to 110/100 for qualifying! That will give you a good session against them. Don't worry if you are a couple seconds behind because they are even worse in the race, doing times a couple seconds slower than in qualifying. So once you get out front just stay clean and calm and the race is yours. I was going to post a video of qualifying and race but ended up deleting the race as i just started pole and made 4 seconds a lap finishing 30 ahead by the end. Boring to watch.
A major tip here is although you should have your slicks ready as the default pit stop do NOT change into them when the rain stops half way through the race. The track stays wet until the very end and the AI don't change so if you pit you are guaranteed to lose and take a long time sliding around doing it.....
So tunes and qualifying video below with tips, I recommend 110/100 AI settings. Yes for real please do it!

Project CARS 2_20180504180705.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180504185559.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180504185609.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180504185619.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180504185628.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180504185629.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180504185639.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180504185801.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180504192724.jpg

Clio Cup - Race 4/5 - Knockhill National - Setup and AI Recommendations
Preamble:
Once again my previous tune notes have been hit by the mechanics spanner and proved wrong. We have happily stayed with one stable tune for the last 3 races and although I expected to 'open up' the car a little for Silverstone with its wide fast track I forgot about this fun auto playground called 'Knockhill'. A track I'm convinced was created by the Luftwaffe getting lost in a storm over Scotland, dumping their bombs in a field and flying home, leaving some possibly Scotch fueled locals to draw some white lines between the craters and call it a race track. Don't look it up, take my word for it. This is the track that stopped my first PC2 career in its tracks for over a month while I returned each night and failed to make it round the track in one piece and finishing the race without incurring every penalty in the book for bouncing and flying everywhere. Now I'm back at my nemesis with a job to do...create a 'fun/stable' tune..I'm going to have to delve into the damping finally. Of course what I'd LIKE to do is start at once on the springs and roll bars, remove the bump stops and start there, with a soft ride. As none of those options are available and the bump stop is screwed down tight we are going to have to work on that black art, damping with rebounds and transitions etc. This tune has taken 3 full qualification sessions so far to make progress and I'm happy to say I'm getting there with for the first time a smooth-ish ride around this rollercoaster track. It is VERY satisfying to make progress in an area I'm new to fine tuning, although mostly I'm focused on making the car absorb as much of the bumps as possible and keep all 4 wheels on the ground MOST of the time. I recommend turning off penalties unless you want the extra challenge as the game has to decide if you over the white lines when you are also several inches ABOVE them as you jump a chicane. Is it a bird? A plane? No it's a Clio running a Sloppy tune.....

My recommendation for AI settings here is 90/90. Their fastest car will qualify just under 50 seconds, while you have at least half a second on them consistently with this tune. There is no substitute for practice with this track. Even with a stable tune you still have to be prepared for each corner and usually steer BEFORE you get there to get lined up perfectly. It took me hours just to tune for the very first corner! Even now however you line up for the downhill bend is how you will end up taking it. You can race cleanly with this tune or go crazy and do some 'good ol boy' flying leaps over chicanes. Your choice!

I recorded 2 races in the end. The first I went off track, rejoined and went on to win. The 2nd I drove more carefully (relatively speaking) and won by a second or so. Please excuse my driving in the video. Both qualifying and race sections were recorded after midnight and after most of a whole day testing and tuning this car. Plus it was Friday night just before bed and I had beer-assisted steering turned on full. With that caveat, I think my extra sloppy late night driving proves how stable the tune is. You don't have to be at the peak of your game to win or have fun!

Please note the radiator is set to 15% for the race but you can safely close it to 0% for an extra boost during qualifying plus use less gas to shed a little weight.

Project CARS 2_20180505005829.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180505005838.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180505005848.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180505010150.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180505005910.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180505005920.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180505005801.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180505011837.jpg

Last edited:
Clio Cup - Race 5/5 - Silverstone National - Setup and AI Recommendations
Used up 5 x30 minute qualifying sessions trying to get this car to handle like a race car on this classic race track. If only I could tighten the springs....Got a much tweaked and damped tune going round the track at solid 1.04.800 times lap after lap but could not squeeze any more speed out of it. That first corner......Ended up loading up the Brands Indy tune for comparison and ran a 104.537 first lap so decided to delete the other tune with its controllable oversteer and use the Brands Tune without any oversteer.
PS4 record time is currently 1.04.04. I recommend AI settings of 85/85 as every session the lead car was 2/10ths second short of this record so a great pacemaker. Even though I posted better times during the 5 qualifying sessions I was happy with 5th place as I know a good start is possible.
Which is what happened, I was in the lead moments after the start (legally no early start!) and then 6 consistent laps followed. The best lap time was 1.04.701, and 2nd place finished less than a second behind me.
The Clio Cup is now finished with a lot of hard work involved in confirming setups and AI settings. Next time I look forward to doubling the race lengths and having a real scrap without hours of preparation first!

Project CARS 2_20180506033457.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180506033506.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180506033515.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180506033526.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180506033535.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180506033544.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180506031805.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180506032922.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180506033141.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180506033151.jpg

Formula Rookie - UK Series - Race 1/4 - Knockhill International - Tune for AI 100/100
I didn't set out to use AI 100/100. The tunes kept getting faster and faster so I kept upgrading the AI to keep the race competitive. Their fastest laps were around 56 seconds (almost a second slower than the time trial records) and this tune will easily surpass that with practice on the track. Unless there is a huge leap in their 'skills' next race I will now attempt to race and post setups than can beat all the races at 100/100. I'm not too proud to lower it if I have to, as this whole thread is supposed to provide achievable wins with the enclosed tunes!
I didn't spend as much time on the damping as I did with the Clio Knockhill tunes. The most work was fine tuning the tire pressures to stay around 32psi at race pace, and remove oversteer with fairly neutral suspension settings. The gearing is set perfectly I believe for the track, which is something I love doing! If you are anything like me there will be a big grin as you take the final hairpin and gas it in first from apex to straight. That 1st gear gear OWNS the hairpin I will immodestly claim!

Here is the qualifying lap and race video, followed by the setup. The tune is stable enough for you to leave all penalties on and race cleanly. Mine are off to save time on this mammoth tuning project! I DO attempt to race as clean as possible though. The first qualifying lap you see is actually faster than the current PS4 time trial record but I reckon I cut one corner by accident so I lapped again cleanly and still got a time faster than the 2nd AI. The race show below is the 2nd I ran. The first I won by 3 seconds but had radiator at 25% and was at 246F oil temp at end so I ran it again at 50% and finished 222F 1 second ahead. I extended the race to its maximum length of 8 laps because if you are going to bother setting up your car you may as well have a race that lasts at least 8 mins not 5! As usual my race was recorded after a LONG tuning session late at night when I was very tired. I think this displays how stable the tune is to keep the car with my super sloppy driving on the track!

Project CARS 2_20180506234016.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180506234029.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180506234039.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180506234057.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180506234120.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180507000009.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180506232323.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180507002038.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180507002128.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180507002154.jpg

Last edited:
Formula Rookie - UK Series - Race 2/4 - Donington National - Tune for AI 90/90
Ah! I hear you say. 100/100 to much for ya you given up already? Well, yes and no. There's something fishy going on career-wise in the UK Donington Race.....
As usual before qualifying I go to Time Trial to have an open track to get the best times. Unusually in this case I can't get closer than about 2 seconds from the PS4 record. I usually either get within fractions of seconds with my tunes or actually beat the times. Even my best possible segments added up to well over 1 and half seconds slow. Once all my hair lay on the floor I settled on finally beating 1.18 with a 1.17.880 (PS4 record is 1.16.023) and headed off to qualifying at Donington.
Qualifying is dry, the ambient temperature is 60f as opposed to 83f in TT so not a huge difference. Track is 60f cooler than TT. We're not talking freezing though.
On the warm up lap even going half speed I can hardly stay on track. Tires remain cold for the next 4 laps eventually warming up just as I run out of gas. My 100/100 AI buddies are 5 seconds faster than me. My best time was almost 3 seconds slower than my TT best.
Long story short SOMETHING's not right. As soon as I put WET tires (dry track no rain) on the car it seemed to burst into life and I had grip once more.
I made a few videos to probe I wasn't going insane. On one of them you can see me pushing the car for all its got on slicks, sitting around 6th .6 seconds from pole. I go in pits put wets on and you can see an hear the engine come alive and next lap after warm up I knock almost a second off my best no sweat and am in pole by 2 tenths.
Once I had established wets were required it took another run to decide on a competitive AI. I chose 90/90 as their best times will be 1.19, one second slower then the fastest I can get in TT and approx my fastest time on wets in qualify here. You can see how close we all are in the screenshots below!
The race itself is in rainy weather. So you can just keep those wets on bizarrely and call it one of those things....Close race too! Stable tune means you just have to drive steady in the rain and not worry about spinning out. watch them puddles as track dries out! No need to pit, my extended race is 8 laps long, all over too quickly.
Purists might say "pfff I'm not using wets in the dry I will take my luck with the drys". Well they will need more than luck...at 90/90 they will be approx 1 second behind pole, and struggling to pass in the wet race. Ahh they say, I will just lower the AI then. That's also a fail as once you have an AI low enough to let you qualify top 5, once you get to the race they will fall behind 3-5 seconds a lap. SO that will be boring.
Bite the bullet I throw you here, after all my frustration testing THIS one career race, and use AI 90/90 and WET tires for qualifying AND race.

Project CARS 2_20180508192947.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180508201124.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180508200945.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180508200954.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180508201003.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180508201013.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180508201024.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180508201035.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180508203107.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180508203159.jpg

Last edited:
Clio Cup - Race 1/5 - Brands Indy - Setup and AI Recommendations
This race series is the first introduction to touring cars new players on the PC2 Career will likely face. The default tunes are certainly usable but have quirks for the newcomer. To make the whole experience a fun challenge I am going to post setups that will race reliably and fast, plus AI recommendations that should not only keep you on your toes, but also keep you safe from cars doing speeds faster than any human had been capable of!

My personal best in qualifying was 51.738. The PS4 record is currently 51.181.
An AI setting of 75/75 produces a lead car that is fractions faster than the PS4 human record. So use this if you either an alien or like the challenge of winning with consistent place points!
70/70 gave times just beneath that but above the fastest I could get the car to achieve with my tune. Use this if you want the hardest challenge and like pushing for personal records.
Overall for a equal challenge against the AI I recommend 65/65 (you can put aggression up to 100 if you like a good scrap!) as the lead car was almost level with my best time. This way IF you can qualify to the best of your ability you can finish pole. A good close race is guaranteed even if you are further down the starting grid, especially with a good start.

Tune notes:
I like to setup the steering behavior with camber/caster as we have no roll bar settings here.
To avoid oversteer and spin outs I have raised the front tires to 5 PSI above the rear. This is common in my tunes, I just like the smooth way I can take corners fully in control. Purists may scowl!
The brakes are powerful in this car, I set brake pressure as shown for when/if I need to slam them on so I don't lock up but otherwise all of the race you mostly just need light pressure before a turn. Druids is the only time you really need to brake hard. The tune keeps you very stable here. Paddock (the first turn) will spin you out if you wrench the car too strongly to the right after hard braking but the setup allows you to get some controllable oversteer to mildly drift around the apex.
Ride height forward rake of 10mm seems to be the sweet spot for me.
Neutral toe in to keep the front end tame and enough negative camber to control corners.
Fuel load for a 9 lap race is 6L (4l 6 laps shown in screenshot below this is ideal for a few qualifying laps).
Radiator can be closed full for qualifying. 10% after 9 laps reaches 220F, about as high as you want to go by end of race.
I am using the Viscous LSD on mid setting but you can always try turning to off or tweaking to suit your driving style.

The 9 lap race was great fun, even though I started pole I had cars in my mirror close up the whole time. The results shown are the second race. The first I made one error and slipped into 3rd which made the race more interesting but as I passed 2nd place between Paddock and Druids half way through the race the robot clipped my rear on turn in and spun me into last. I fought back to 4th but raced again to see what the spread would be in a race without major errors. 65/65 AI settings mean you HAVE to race at your best to win but without a major boo boo a podium finish is yours with a good solid drive.
I will experimenting with the AI levels for EVERY race from now on, they give vastly different opposition not only between series but also between races IN the same series.
Have fun, Oulton Island coming up next.

View attachment 733743 View attachment 733744 View attachment 733745 View attachment 733746 View attachment 733747 View attachment 733748 View attachment 733749

I will give this one a try as I am planning on playing around with the Clio a bit over the weekend.

Also really great thing you are doing here with your setups! I pretty much only do online racing but I still like to read your posts. 👍

I have started a thread on the Project Cars 2 forum for easy and fast setups for all career cars, starting with tier 5 and 6. I hope it is ok to just post the link here instead of duplicating the thread? Admins please advise. Thanks!

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62938-Sloppy-s-Fast-Stable-and-Fun-Career-Tunes

The YouTube Playlist for some of the tunes is here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...9L3XuFUk5_gAs2

Slop, this is nice of you. Thanks, buddy.

Formula Rookie - UK Series - Race 3/4 - Snetterton 200 - Tune for AI 100/100
Sweet! After the tire confusion at Donington last race we're back to the full out racing challenge again at AI 100/100. The PS4 record time is 1.18.732, my fastest lap so far with this tune is 1:21:520 (in practice) and the AI won't run laps any faster than 1:21:50 (half a second faster than any qualifying AI time that time was the fastest lap set by the driver who finished 10th, 10 seconds behind me, go figure!) So you're in for a great scrap for grid positions and won't be leaving the pack behind during the race.
Cashing on the extra effort I put in at Donington I used the same tune changing only the gearing to suit the faster straights here, raising 3rd and 4th. It is a very smooth fast track with only one really NASTY corner (the last) that needs some care. From the video
I will post shortly you can see this car can be thrown around and raced for fun as long as you ALWAYS keep the power on when slowing down through any corner, especially the last. If you brake during a corner the odds of you losing the front end are not worth opposing..
The AI will give you a challenge during qualify and will keep constant pressure on you in your rear view mirror during the race. I never got more than 1.5 seconds ahead of them except for final straight. If you spin off the track you will be passed in an instant and its race
over. Which is where the fun lies! Because as you DID put in the 30 mins practice before qualifying you have all the turns memorized and smooth it's just a case of keeping your nerve now guys. Max race length is 8 laps, enough to prove you are not going to choke!
Radiator needs to be more open than previous tracks as we are mostly keeping the engine up in the power band the whole time. Gears and tips during the qualifying video. Clear sunny day go and burn some rubber!

Project CARS 2_20180509174145.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509175818.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509181246.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509181255.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509181305.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509181314.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509181323.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509181332.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509182704.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509182719.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509182748.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509182800.jpg

Last edited:
It sounds like freakin' poetry the way you describe it, Sloppy.

...and I like it!

Once you have the tune to connect the car to a particular track Buckfly, it IS poetry. Poetry in MOTION!
:cheers:

Added video now. I'm trying to get people back to career races showing them it's fun once you have stable tunes and AI recommendations for every race individually.

Last edited:
Formula Rookie - UK Series - Race 4/4 - Oulton Park Fosters - Tune for AI 100/100

Formula Rookie cars at this little track may not boast the glamour of Formula 1 cars at Spa or LMP1 cars at Le Mans, but finely tuned and fueled up flying round this track avoiding the AI (who actually make mistakes here) is a festival of fun with less than 2 seconds between the leading and trailing cars. Can you hold your nerve and push your car at seemingly impossible speeds around this circuit or will you let the fearless (albeit stupid) AI pass you? No way....charge for the finish victory shall be ours!!

Once again the trusty 'Donington' Tune is used as our base here, the sweating of blood pushing that track/car combo to the limit is paying off now. All we need to do is set up the gears low enough for this track which has more corners than straights it seems.
Anyone trying to break a record? Well it's up for grabs here. The PS4 current top time of 1.06.07 was nearly beaten in qualifying (we blame the AI for the fail there watch the video!) and was only fractions of seconds away during the race itself!
Hang on to your hats ladies and gentlemen, there's a racing rollercoaster coming up....

Project CARS 2_20180509221248.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509221258.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509221307.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509221316.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509221325.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509221334.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509215437.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509220923.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509220933.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509220942.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509221006.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180509221017.jpg

Formula Rookie - European Championship Series (All circuits) - Tune for AI 100/100
Realizing I'm only 1/4 through all the available Formula Rookie series, I'm consolidating the project into 1 tune for all the circuits with only gearing adjusted for all the tracks. I don't think there's 1 person in the whole world who wants individual tunes for every Rookie race! The tough race at Donington with the tire issue forced me to get the best tune I could do for the car, and it works well everywhere for me. I reckon most people racing Rookie want to just get on and race! We are going to stick to AI 100/100 for the whole series come what may, which is more realistic as we can't always finish first!
For full series progress photos please go the official site (hard to edit multiple edits with photos here)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...-Tunes-(G29)&p=1508559&viewfull=1#post1508559

Please refer to the Donington National tune for the default setup, I will just post gearing here:

RACE 1/5 Autodromo Internacional do Algarve

Notes:
PS4 Record time is 2.00.561
My best time (achieved during race) was 2.03.124
AI Pole qualifying time approx 2.02.00
I qualified last! Close enough though that I thought I could fight to a mid-table place and do better at the tighter circuits later. This is a track designed for the 'big boys' and the AI are hard to beat here (it's slow corners they are not so good at).
Full distance is 8 laps but I put in 9 as I ran out during the cool-down lap (which I quite enjoy doing) but drop some fuel if you don't want to do that.
Radiator at 50% is as high as I could risk it. All the power available is needed for this race (it could probably be won easier at a shorter distance with radiator closed more but that's not what we are doing here).
On the last lap my temps were up to 260F so I decided to hang on to 2nd place rather than challenge 1st and possibly blow the engine. I drove through half the pack at the first corner, cleanly, and was always in the top 3. You need to block fairly at some points as with 100 aggression these robots will have no problem bypassing Asimov's first law of robotics by getting too close on the inside of corners with no concern about doing you harm...
Very exciting race and I was very happy to get 2nd after starting last on the grid!

Project CARS 2_20180510213100.jpg

RACE 2/5 Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya National

Another exciting race! Once again I came last in qualifying, by a couple of seconds. PS4 record is 1.20.716, best AI time in qualifying was 1.21.260 (121.689 in race). I actually made a 1.21.781 in the race, just shows what adrenaline and AI cars trying to dock with your rear end can do!
Got into 4th by first corner, for some reason the AI get polite when bunched up with other AI, it's just with a human they have no manners...I took the lead at one point but a very cheeky chappy dived on the inside on the first corner lap 5, IRL he'd be cautioned but what they hey, AI is AI.
Once he got ahead by a few seconds I played safe and went for 2nd again, which was no mean feat with 10 cruise missiles targeting me right behind! Anyway enough blah...here's the gear ratios and results (added gas for cool-down lap as before subtract if not needed):

Project CARS 2_20180511022407.jpg

Race 3/5 Donington Park National

It's home ground for this tune, what could go wrong? Fortunately nothing did despite putting the wrong tires on in the race....
My hopes of a clear day so we could really push the car on dry tires and get a fast time were dashed as it was raining heavily. So out with the wet tires for an easy qualify a second ahead of the pack. The AI don't qualify well in the wet. The race forecast was heavy cloud so I started the race in wets. Turned out not a great choice as the weather then turned bright and sunny so I was forced to run the whole race on tires that couldn't take the corners as fast as the AI cars hot on my tail...at least it was good practice for my defensive (not dirty!) driving techniques. I held them off fairly comfortably except one really slow corner when I was passed deservedly. Before the guy could race off and gain a lead I drifted round the inside of the next sharp right hander and took the lead back. He never saw that coming!

A few minutes careful driving later and I took the checkered flag. My first win in this series! Yay! As the earlier series leaders finished poorly I also gained a nice few points lead at the top of the table. I reckon they might be needed with 2 more hard fought races ahead of me...
To save reposting the same info check my earlier full Donington tune for this car in this thread. Remember to set enough gas for the full 8 laps if you race full distance like I did!

Race 4/5 Autodromo Nazionale Monza Short

I turned up at Monza (in my dreams) fearing the superior fast corner speed of the AI cars (cheating I mean!) would be my undoing here. I tweaked the gears precisely for the corners in qualifying and my best time was 56.531 (the PS4 record is just over 55 seconds). This placed me 9th on the grid, not last for once but it meant I would need a different gearing for the race, as slipstream would be needed badly to catch up and so I tuned the race gearing very long with this semi-gamble in mind. If I was somehow out in front early I would be struggling on every straight for the rest of the race, or worse if I could not stay close to the leading cars I'd be stuck at the back for the whole race. So yes you are getting 2 sets of gearing here, one for qualifying and one for the race.
The race itself failed to follow those predictions but turned out well despite a huge first turn scramble/shunt fest and a very lucky error by car in front of me. I moved up to around 5th by the first corner, speeding through a car on my left behind caught my wheel and spun around not harming me phew! The pack seemed to get stuck on that car leaving me 3rd of a 3 car leading pack by the fend of the first lap coming into the final long bend. Positioning myself in the inside ready for a gear drop and apex hug car #2 suddenly braked and dove right in front of me leaving me no time to react. I hit him hard but it didn't affect me, leaving him stunned though, so for the rest of the race it was just me and the lead car, with a 5 second gap to the followers. The long gearing made it possible for me to keep on his tail, narrowing the gap until I finally passed him. From then on it was a nerve wracking few laps trying to keep my car from allowing him to slipstream me. I was very happy to win the race by a fraction in the end. I saved the replays and will post sometime in the future as they will provide some entertainment in this fairly dull thread!
Anyway, here are the TWO gear tunes. FIRST is for QUALIFYING and SECOND is for the RACE.

Qualifying:
Q.jpg

Race:
R.jpg

Race 5/5 Red Bull Ring National

The firth and final race in this series was played out by myself like the others late at night after work, half-stressed and half-tired. This is not at all an excuse , but praise! There is something very relaxing and satisfying finishing the day doing something you feel proud of for doing to the best of your ability. I am referring to racing my first full championship in either Project Cars game using AI of 100/100. Well yes PC1 had its aggression slider removed before release and PC2 AI technically goes up to 120, but as anyone who has studied the AI racers 'going up to 11' they have godlike grip on corners that us mere mortals cannot share so it's kind of like more braggadocio than true competition. Sorry don't mean to offend aliens who can actually compete on that level!
The satisfaction was only partly due to me racing hard and fast enough to compete. The achievement I'm more proud of is producing tunes that pretty well anyone can use to run against the AI at the highest natural level and win the championship even from the back of the grid (which I was mostly doing).
This last race was particularly so as the tune let me race fast and furious around the track without worry of ever spinning out or missing a corner.
To win the series I need to finish at least 6th I calculated presuming the guy in 2nd won the race. I moved up from last on the grid to 3rd early race, and held on hard but let 3 cars go past rather than fight against the odds and risk crashing and losing the series. I held on for 6th in a somewhat smug fashion even though the lead cars were not my main rivals. The 'Donington Tune' has proved most versatile on all circuits except Knockhill, with only gear adjustments vitally needed. I hope others take confidence in this thread, load up these fast and fun cars and have a blast too pushing them to their limits.
The Asian series will be next up, I'm really looking forward to the challenge especially the first long 'special' track, Sugo.

Project CARS 2_20180512024838.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180512024901.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180512025003.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180512222925.jpg

Last edited:
Formula Rookie - Asian Championship Series (All circuits) - Tune + track gearing

Race 1/4 Sportsland SUGO

This was a complete nightmare for me, reminiscent of the Donington race in the UK series. Either I have suddenly inexplicably and randomly become completely incompetent for just ONE track/car OR there is something very FISHY going on with the tire behavior. I spent literally HOURS trying different tire setups in both qualifying and the race to see what was the closest to something actually usable, let alone fun or competitive. PS4 record is 131.128, AI at 100/100 were doing around 132.2, which is good as that's consistent with what they have been doing so far in previous races, meaning their times are theoretically beatable and they can be caught with driving skills and planning during the race. In practice, this is an impossible task. With gearing adjusted for the track and slicks pumped up for max performance (27 front 24 rear) I could get no closer than 3.5 seconds from pole, way back in 12th. Putting on WET tires to see what would happen first try I beat my best dry time by over 2 seconds and actually made 11th on grid. The difference in acceleration and handling was so much that I had to increase the gearing to keep in the right gears for certain corners!

Here is the tire/gearing setup for the best possible qualifying I could achieve.

Project CARS 2_20180513140011.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180513140032.jpg

Here is a challenge to the best players on here: I challenge you to use dry tires in this career race with AI 100/100 and post ANY qualifying time above 12th with video (forget about 1st I don't believe anyone human could do it).

On to the race. Lost count of restarts finding what would be usable. Somewhere around 24 or so. Started with dry tires and gearing. Car would post reasonable times circa 1.35 a lap but I HAD to drift around every corner the car would just not hold a line. It was just sliding everywhere. At AI 100/100 3 races in a row I was 6/8 laps holding on to 6th place when an aggressive following car would take me out because EVERY corner I was much slower due to the drifting. I switched to wet tires which instantly gave me much better feel and precise non-drift steering. EXCEPT now I couldnt get round the corners so fast, I had to slow down as although I was accelerating faster now, for the same speeds the tires took wider turns. Yet again holding on to a place and reaching the end was impossible as I either had to let every car pass or drive defensively and get taken out the race. In frustration I figured I deserved 6 place so cheated at start by jumping to the front planning to give up places until I finished 6th but once again even this was impossible for me. AI cars diving on every corner always beat my wide, slow or drifting lines. I either got smacked in the rear or the side depending on the tires.
Taking a deep breath and not wanting to resort to such chicanery I put dry tires on, accepted I would have to drift and turned the AI down to 100/50, hoping they would be less aggressive trying to pass me. It worked. I still had a very hard drifty almost rally type race, but I managed to hold on to 5th place after challenging for 3rd at one point. I have never been so glad to finish a race before. Never again! I had not noticed this problem the first time I ran the series in another career as I had been using lower AI so had no reason to push the car so hard to its limits.
Now that's behind me, fingers crossed the rest of the series is back to normality and I can enjoy it as much as the UK and Euro series.
So I recommend A 100/50 for the race if you want a chance finishing anywhere other than last!

Here is the RACE tires/gearing setup.

Project CARS 2_20180513144412.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180513144421.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180513150943.jpg

Race 2/4 Sakitto Sprint

Conditions back to normal after the last race, at least in regard to tire behavior, there's a very challenging qualify and race ahead! First of all, if you don't know the track and want to practice then do it in the PRACTICE session. The reason why will become apparent in a moment. You need to know this circuit inside out almost blindfolded (!) to succeed particularly if using high AI settings. I recommend AI 100/100 for this race as everything is back to normal in regards the fastest AI car running approximately 1 second slower than the actual PS4 time trial record. After practicing in practice, get your game face on because as soon as the qualifying session starts you must dash out on to the track (in your car I'm not talking some kind of streak here) and get 2 or 3 qualify laps in as soon as you can. Why? Because after about 5 mins the heavens are about to open and drop a ton of H2O on the track. If you DON'T get some dry times in quick when you change into the wets you will have ZERO chance of getting anywhere near the AI qualifying times. I got lucky did my best lap to get 8th on the grid (ahem allowing for a tiny accidental cut during the run). Fine by me. Once the rain starts even though you have no chance of improving your time it's very important to use those soggy 10 minutes up getting some wet driving practice in, because, yep the whole race is gonna be sloshing about in rain, spray and puddles...yes the puddles..

Project CARS 2_20180513183821.jpg

Here are tires and gear tunes:

Project CARS 2_20180513183932.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180513184012.jpg

Note the tires above are WET for this race, but you need to use SLICK to qualify with remember. Other races will use SLICK by default unless I recommend otherwise here.
The race itself miraculously ended up as a win for me. I slightly jumped the starter but let off the gas at once as it was accidental otherwise a very clean race (I got VERY lucky not to be wrecked after a mistake first bend trying to avoid traffic...).I was very content at the start to settle for a place around 4-6, ironically the drifting experience I had at the previous Sugo track in the dry came in very handy for this race in the wet!

Here are some tips for racing in the rain:
Draft the car ahead as long as possible on straights but remember to leave yourself enough time to dart out and get a clear view before you brake and turn in for the corner. In his spray you can't see a thing....
Most of our tunes we use 10% Traction Control, but here we use 1% (the maximum). Forget to set this at your peril!
Try and relax and get used to the sliding, the tune is stable you will not spin out unless you hit another car or touch the grass (then good luck getting back on the track)
Don't touch the grass (see above)
Beware the puddles! If your pedal is to the metal as you pass through these the outcome is in the lap of the gods. 50/50 you will be facing the correct way afterwards. If you brake and slow down before a puddle whiplash will be your reward. The AI cars seem confused by the puddles and certainly won't assume you are going to slow down instead they will slam you in the rear. Result being you survived the puddle but ended face down in the dirt anyhow. The KEY to passing these puddles safely is to NOT brake OR gas within their boundaries. Straighten the car up as much as possible and lift off the gas for a fraction of a second. Unless you are VERY unlucky that will do the trick. You can see how this works in the video I will be posting later. Straighten up, lift off gas, big smiley face.
Unlike in the dry, the AI WILL make mistakes in the wet. It can be quite amusing as long as you are not caught in their collisions, or mashed in the melee.
Good luck! I gained more satisfaction form winning this in the rain against 100/100 AI than any other race so far in my Project Cars 2 careers.

Project CARS 2_20180513192207.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180513192459.jpg

Race 3/4 Dubai Autodrome Club

In practice the AI were running at 1 second below human record pace which was fine but in qualifying they jumped up a notch and suddenly ran 1 second faster laps, faster then the world records so I dropped the AI to 90/90 to make it a possible challenge!
So I recommend AI of 90/90 at this track in the Asia series of Formula Rookie.
The track being different to most other tracks by meaning mainly fast corners, so a new tune had to be configured just for this track. Got within 1 second of PS4 record so it's good enough I believe!

Don't forget to open your radiator to at least 80% as this is a hot track or else the following may happen to you....

Project CARS 2_20180514182818.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180514182827.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180514182856.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180514185157.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180514182535.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180514190509.jpg

Race 4/4 Ruapuna Park Club

To wrap the Asian series up we have a fast and tight little circuit to throw the car around, and will be using a drift style to negotiate the tight windy corners near the end of the lap. It's been an eventful series, starting with Sugo and the tire shenanigans, then Sakitto with the rain, Dubai with the heat (and blown radiators!) and finally Ruapana. The whole session should have been a whole lot of fun, and should be for you, but for non-race reasons I was glad to see it over finishing with a stress headache. Why? Sony's brutal PS4 DRM. I am using my main PS4 but my backup PS4 is the Primary one for my PSN login so the kids can play my games without me being logged in all the time. This means I need to log on to my main PS4 as myself to play games i purchased. Problem is the system checks all the time for a login token online. Last night I was internet connection problems from my provider and every time the connection died Project Cars violently threw me out of the session without warning. In TWO Time Trial sessions where I was trying to tune for this race the connection dropped and Time Trial instantly closed mid-lap and threw me back into Pcars 2 main menus. I then decided to just tune during practice and qualify as they wouldn't need to be online like TT would. Well I was wrong. Once during practice I was locked out (message on screen "cannot authenticate software license you do not have permission etc") and a second time right after I had posted a pole time in qualifying I was thrown out for 15 minutes. I say violently as the game exited to PS4 main menu, with game running in background but the wheel suddenly lurched all the way to full lock and started vibrating savagely. I unplugged it fast to avoid damage. By the time the network was back and I was allowed to play my game again it was 2:45am and I was tired and fed up. I didn't want to waste any more time testing so headed off to the race. Good news is the 'Donington' tune was superb around this track, with only tire and gearing adjustments. Despite my tired and stressed mental state the car stayed in balance the whole way through the race despite a couple of minor 'wobbles'. You need to drift around the slower corners but in a wholly intuitive manner which is a lot of fun!
Won the race and series, now just have the American series to run then I'm done with Rookie!
I recommend AI 100/100 for this series. Human record 1.04.xx and they run 1.05.xx laps so it's a good challenge.

Project CARS 2_20180515023708.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180515025205.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180515025218.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180515025239.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180515025902.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180515025940.jpg

Attachments

• Project CARS 2_20180513183932.jpg
    Project CARS 2_20180513183932.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Project CARS 2_20180514182535.jpg
    Project CARS 2_20180514182535.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Project CARS 2_20180514182818.jpg
    Project CARS 2_20180514182818.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Project CARS 2_20180514182827.jpg
    Project CARS 2_20180514182827.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 14
  • Project CARS 2_20180514182856.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Project CARS 2_20180514185157.jpg
    Project CARS 2_20180514185157.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Project CARS 2_20180514190509.jpg
    Project CARS 2_20180514190509.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Project CARS 2_20180514190605.jpg
    Project CARS 2_20180514190605.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Project CARS 2_20180514190555.jpg
    Project CARS 2_20180514190555.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Project CARS 2_20180514182856.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
@Sloppy Shades

Sloppy, you probably know better than most around here that sometimes there are just plain ghosts in the track...those things you can't explain, but just "are", no matter how much you think you got the answer between your hands, your wheels, and your set-up.

@Sloppy Shades

Sloppy, you probably know better than most around here that sometimes there are just plain ghosts in the track...those things you can't explain, but just "are", no matter how much you think you got the answer between your hands, your wheels, and your set-up.

Bucks..
I know, right? With this particular series though I've been driving the Rookie to death (cant wait for FC - all that extra power yay!) and this particular 'event' happens in 2 places every time, in the same exact way. Predictably unpredictable if you like. The constants here are no matter WHAT you do you can't tune to fix it with tweaks or tires, and wet tires always give you approx 1 second faster times than dry per minute of driving. So it's something tangible but invisible, like maybe the wrong value loaded into a variable. As long as it's less than 1 race in 20 I'm good.. I think it's close to that ratio!

Formula Rookie - US Championship Series (All tracks) - Tune/track gearing AI 100/100

Race 1/4 Long Beach Street Circuit

For base tune use the 'Donington Tune'
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1505328

First race of the US season is fast and easy. The solid tune should get you a good grid position then its grind a few easy laps. If you don't hit a wall the win is quite easy! In fact my fastest race lap was less than a second slower than the PS4 record and it's easy to be consistent here.
I recommend AI 100/100 as their fastest times are a second or two below the PS4 record.

For hot lap see video below (1:31:930)

Tires and gearing:

Project CARS 2_20180515184824.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180515184836.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180515185021.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180515185034.jpg

Race 2/4 Watkins Glen International Short

Another easy race, either if you choose the 'fair' or 'cheap' methods. Race starts dry then rain starts almost half way though. In an 8 lap race if you pit after 4th the AI won't all pit until after 6 when the rain has slowed them down considerably. Or the cheap method is just to put wet tires on from the start which works fine ahem. If you choose to pit add a couple liters extra to allow for wet tires causing higher fuel consumption. The tune below shows 'wets' for race start, chose 'slicks' if you want to race fairly. I did both to prove it was an easy win anyway!

Project CARS 2_20180516024403.jpg
t1.jpg
t2.jpg
t3.jpg
t4.jpg
clean race.jpg

Race 3/4 Sonoma Raceway Short

AI at 100/100 are spot on as usual, below WR pace and are easy to beat with a little practice. The tune is the usual 'Donington' tune, tweaked for gears and tires. A point worth mentioning here is that its possible to run the tires from all the way down at 10 up to 25 quite safely, with grip lessening and speed increasing as the pressure rises. So if you feel like tweaking yourself start at the low pressures, then increase gradually until you find your sweet spot. Too high is very fast and rally like drifting but you may like that! I set them at 27/24 in practice and got blistering times 1 second faster than I could manage in qualifying with lower pressures. I wanted the tune to be stable though so we went with the lower pressures. Your choice!

Project CARS 2_20180516165347.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180516165935.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180516171605.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180516171620.jpg

Race 4/4 Texas Motor Speedway Infield Course

It's tracks like this that make Formula Rookie come alive. Almost small enough to be a kart circuit, doing laps in under 40 seconds, Texas Infield fits the car like a glove, or rather the other way round. Hardly a straight at all the whole circuit is fast tight corners that have to be taken confidently or else they will claim you as victim. The tune has a balance between the speed you need to compete against ruthless fast AI at 100/100 and the stability to the last the full distance of 12 laps without mishap. Those AI cars show no mercy at 100 aggression. If you leave a yard between your paintwork and an apex they will claim it. The tune allows some serious drifting. A good defensive tactic here is when you see that car behind you head for the inside (showing you no respect) you also keep to the inside, and point the nose on to the apex. You can then combine a trail brake of the final portion of apex approach with a track wide drift as the high first gear winds up to full power before you load up and fire the rest of the gearbox. Passing competitors while drifting round a corner in an open wheel car is quite special! You have to calculate ahead your trajectory. If a robot car dives in front of you or brakes unexpectedly you have to plow on through (if damage turned off of course!). Why? You CANNOT brake and turn with this car at the same time without spinning off, so when an obstacle presents itself without a respectable and timely introduction try to smack into it as straight as possible. Slamming your brakes on may just lead to a hot metal sandwich with the cars behind you joining in on the fun. I am including the video of the qualify and race below so you can view first hand the mayhem. In this particular race one car jumped in my path after a few laps leading me to shunt it off the track without the wheels touching the ground. The rest of the race was then a hard fought battle between me and my team mate, the rest of the pack being delayed by the crash. I practiced a few races before keeping this one to check radiator usage. It's practically impossible to race completely clean so be extra careful if you have penalties turned on. The AI will constantly appear in your path so dodging a crash most often means an excursion on the grass. If you get the dreaded wheel lock with another car its race over. So be careful of side to side collisions!

tt1.jpg
tt2.jpg
tt3.jpg
tt4.jpg
racel.jpg
lb-us.jpg

Last edited:
Back