• 277 comments
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
MW3Fan34

Release Date: October 19
Platforms: PS4,XB1,PC
Setting: WW2

Description:

"Enter mankind’s greatest conflict with Battlefield V as the series goes back to its roots with a never-before-seen portrayal of World War 2. Assemble your Company of customized soldiers, weapons, and vehicles – then take them on an epic journey through the Tides of War. Experience the most intense, immersive Battlefield yet. You will never be the same."

Features:

• War Stories returns from BF1
  • New Game Mode: Grand Operations
  • The Company: Customizable Characters

Last edited:
The logical step would be WW2 which makes sense with the V name. Although it states that its a brand new setting.

With BF 1942/43 that would mean WW2 is out of the question. Also Vietnam would also fit the name but you would think Vietnam is out of the question with BF Vietnam and the Vietnam DLC for BC2.

So its really intresting to see what the setting will be. Id be happy with either of the above and modern day setting. I just its not set in the future.

This will be a disappointment when it comes to campaign like Battlefield 1 of 2016. Great multiplayer but garbage campaign they did not even expand the campaign with the expansion packs how disappointing I mean. They missed so much fronts like the Caucasus Front, Persian Front, Asia-Pacific and Africa.

We did not even get to see the Ottomans face the Russians. It would also be good if they touched upon Bulgaria. Neither did we get campaigns focused on the Central Powers like the Germans, Ottomans and Austro-Hungarians just the Allies nothing else.

So its World War 2. So the factions most likely will be.

Allies: Soviet Union
British Empire
France
USA
China(Maybe if they face Japan)

Axis: Third Reich aka Nazi Germany
Italy
Empire of Japan

After seeing the V-1 Flying Bomb aka the Buzz Bomb making an appearance. I am now interested to see, what other low volume weapons will be featured in the MP. Also I hope some of the most daring missions are in the single player.

Sure D-Day will be featured. But one part of WW2, which would be good in single player is a mission taken on by the Dam Busters. Anyway what about post launch DLC. Well I wouldn’t mind some bonus single player missions or co-op missions that featured, what if scenarios.

Cant say i was too impressed with the trailer. Was hoping to see some thing other than just endless cinematic explosions and flashy animations, Bodes well for the SP crowd.

The stuff they showed regarding customisation and grand operations was impressive. No premium is nice too, Being soneones whos always got premium it has been frustrating to not get games on new maps after a month or so.

Looking closely weapon variants might ve gone aswell In favour of the old version where you could customise/adapt your weapons as you please. I say this because it shows a class at some point and theres an MP40 there, With no prefix or variant name.

I think theyre going to have to come out hard at EA play, This 30 minutes of awkward chatting and strangely poor trailer for DICE was just rather underwhelming. Again, the only intresting bits were the segments detailing the game.

Last edited:
Eh. A woman being present in the least of this trailer's problems.

I have no problem with Women in combat roles unless if its done right like the Soviets or Resistance from parts of Europe. The Americans, British, Germans, Italians and the Japanese did not use women in the frontlines.

People are worried about realism in these games?

:lol:

Good on Dice for looking to expand its range. I can't imagine Battlefield is raking in significantly more sales each iteration; if this widens the audience and gets some people playing that otherwise wouldn't, that's a good thing.

We're having WW2 fought by cyborgs now?.. Jeez.

It would be okay if Dice claimed their game taking place in a fantasy world with 1940's setting (like Order 1886 with their 19th century world), and added a disclaimer ("All events are fictitious"). But instead, they say this:

5T-Q77YsVXY.jpg

Thanks, but I'll keep playing Red Orchestra 2 and War Thunder instead of this Mad Max-style 'authentic' WW2 game. Might also check out Post Scriptum though (and wait for Enlisted to come out).

Im for character customisation if done right and fits the era of World War 2 but it seems Battlefield V looks wacky really.

You are aware that the prosthetic is period correct?...Jeez.

fig41.jpg

battlefield-5-will-let-me-play-as-an-asian-american-and-im-stoked.png

And designs of that type first started to be used from the 19th century.
https://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/war-and-prosthetics/
In reality, a wearer of this thing wouldn't be a soldier. How does she reload her guns quickly?
It's okay in MGS V but not in a WW2 game pretending to be authentic.

And... what is this wooden thing with nails in her arm? :boggled: That's why I thought of Mad Max.

Apart from this, we also see a V-1 cruise missile falling on a battlefield (although it was a strategical weapon to hit targets far behind the frontline - like London or the Belgian port of Antwerp after being taken by the Allies) and Churchill tanks (that could not go faster than 25 km/h on a smooth paved road) breaking through the house like crazy.

I know BF is not a hardcore simulator and this footage is probably from the single campaign, but that's just too...

Well, let's see what the multiplayer will be like.

In reality, a wearer of this thing wouldn't be a soldier. How does she reload her guns quickly?
It's okay in MGS V but not in a WW2 game pretending to be authentic.
None of which makes it a cyborg (your term).

And... what is this wooden thing with nails in her arm? :boggled: That's why I thought of Mad Max.
An improvised weapon, again not uncommon in reality.

Apart from this, we also see a V-1 cruise missile falling on a battlefield (although it was a strategical weapon to hit targets far behind the frontline - like London or the Belgian port of Antwerp after being taken by the Allies) and Churchill tanks (that could not go faster than 25 km/h on a smooth paved road) breaking through the house like crazy.
Oh look you answer than yourself.

I know BF is not a hardcore simulator and this footage is probably from the single campaign, but that's just too...

I feel like the trailer is too scripted and too incoherent to really get much information on what the game is gonna be like. It seems like they're pulling whatever historical pieces they can find and taking large creative liberties for the sake the making the game enjoyable, but that's not really much different from what they did with BF1.

Out of all World War 2 FPS games. Call of Duty 2 and World at War will just never be surpassed simple as that especially when it comes to campaign. Also its mutiplayer simple yet it is so good.

Last edited:
Looks like a steam punk hipsters dropped into 1942 Normandy.

Added edit. Post Scriptum and Hell Let Loose are the two I’m pinning my WWII FPS hopes on.

Last edited:
None of which makes it a cyborg (your term).
To me, she looks like a cyborg when fighting like this with a prostethic that barely allows the arm to function in normal life.

An improvised weapon, again not uncommon in reality.
And easy to carry in combat? Where's her knife?..

P.S. Some more notes:
1DMvXh1CD9M.jpg

Katana? On the Western Front? RLY?
It's not an anime game...

Churchill Gun Carrier (the left one, behind):
Lb_MouROnw0.jpg

LP3sgtwsPEI.jpg

infantry-mk-iv-churchill-mk-i-3-inch-gun-carrier-011.jpg

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/gb/a22d-churchill-gun-carrier
Fate
50 pilot vehicles were built and ready for testing in early 1942. Tests continued into 1943 and the tank was found to be satisfactory. However, by this time the 17-Pounder cannon had started to see large scale development. It was even being deployed in the shape of the A30 Challenger, Archer and Achilles. All of these vehicles had much better mobility than the Churchill, at the expense of armor. Production of the new Ordnance QF 75 mm (2.95 in) gun for the Churchill had also begun. Both of these solved the original issue that the Churchill GC had been designed for.

As a result of these developments, none of the Gun Carrier vehicles ever saw active service or combat. The Heavy Assault Tank idea, however, did carry on somewhat into the 18 vehicle designs leading to the A39 Tortoise. The only surviving Gun Carriers are little more than rusting hulks in various tank graveyards, 2 of them in storage outside The Tank Museum, Bovington. None remain in an intact or running condition.
Very authentic. Apperently Dice did extensive research, right, @DesertPenguin ?

It would be explainable if they added this version of Churchill to the multiplayer to be a British counterpart of the German StuG III / IV.

Back