Gran Turismo Sport's DLC program - an in-depth analysis

• Thread starter Razamataz
  • 511 comments
United Kingdom
London
azzabry86
Hi everybody. Many months have passed since Gran Turismo Sport first launched back in October of last year. Since then we've seen a substantial amount of DLC released for the game, from 3 new locations to over 60 new vehicles. Kaz has mentioned much more content is yet to come, so the question is - what can we expect?

Judging from the popularity of various threads discussing potential future DLC packs. I've took it upon myself to dig a little deeper and spot any emerging trends. In addition, previous games have had a heavy impact on the content we've received so far. To make sense of it all I created the spreadsheet below.

upload_2018-7-9_23-9-9.jpeg

From what I can see, the emerging trends are...

1 - JDMs: Every major DLC pack since December has featured classic JDMs from predominantly the 90s. January contained four alone!

2 - Mini-themes: Each month seems to feature a mini theme. In turn the mini-theme is often bolstered by a featured event in GT League. As follows:

- Dec: Classic JDMs (2x GT-Rs, FD RX-7 & Suzuki Swift) + Halo model Ferraris (F40 & Enzo). the JDM's were showcased in the J-Sports event in GT League
- Jan: Toyota (Supra, 2000Gt and FT1) + Classic Le Mans (XJ13 & 330 P4)
- Feb: Muscle (Challenger, Mustang Mach 1 & Pantera (of sorts)) + Alpine (classic and current A110) + Subaru Competition (Drift BRZ and WRX Time Attack)
- Mar: Super GT (2016 versions of GT-R, NSX & RCF), Red Bull (Jnr & X2014 Non-Fan Car,). Both themes were represented by GT League events
- Apr: None :(
- May: Group C Le Mans (C9, XJR9 & R92), Renault (Clio 2016 & Megane Trophy)

3 - Remastered PS2 vehicles: So far we've had 3 vehicles completely overhauled from the PS2 era, all of which have been Japanese.

4 - Brand new content: Six completely new road cars have been introduced to GTS since launch that aren't already variations on existing vehicles:

- De Tomaso Pantera
- Alpine A110 Premiere Edition
- Aston Martin DB11
- BMW M3 (E30)
- Chris Holstom Concepts Chevy Nova (SEMA winner 2013)
- Ekerts Rod & Custom Mach Forty (SEMA winner 2012)

5 - GT5 and GT6 content: The vast majority of Sport's DLC has come in the form of remastered premiums from the previous console generation. This will be the biggest giveaway as to what we can expect from future releases.

PS3 PREMIUMS - THE NEXT GENERATION
So what premiums can we expect to see remastered? May I propose the following as the most likely candidates

upload_2018-7-9_23-51-24.jpeg

So how did I reach my above conclusion? There's at least another 100 premiums in GT6, but I've chosen to disregard them based on a number reasons, thus narrowing down my selection to around 70 plus. My reasons for the above choices are:

- 15th Anniversary Models: The 15th anniversary models are vehicles featuring custom paint jobs marking 15 years of Gran Turismo. 7 of these models have been featured in GTS so far. Another 6 remain (7 if you count the Lotus Europa, see below).

- Undeniable Classics: Vehicles integral to the history of automotive culture. Vehicles like the Mini, Beetle and original MX-5 all had a profound impact on the industry. On the other hand you have cars like the Castrol TOMS Supra, without a doubt the definitive Gran Turismo hero car of the PS1 era. There inclusion in GTS is a question of "when are they coming?" rather than if at all.

- Potential licensing issues: Most notably in the case of the 2008 WRC rally cars and Lotus. TVR and Deltawing are also question marks but these ones I'm not so sure about (new ownership in the case of the former, past licensing issues even in GT6 regarding the latter).

- Outdated: A lot of vehicles were contemporary at the time of their release, but have since been superceded by newer models (various Renaults, Fords and VWs for example), or quite simply they date the game badly (will anyone really miss a 2009 Toyota Prius?).

- Motorsport Glory: What do the Bentley Speed 8, Audi R10, Ford GT40 Mark IV and the McLaren F1 GTR all have in common? They're all winners of the Le Mans 24 hours.

- Duplicates: As an example, there are various versions of the Lan Evo VI, Murchielago and Ferrari F430, to name but a few. Given the laborious process in modelling an asset for GTS, I can't imagine Polyphony wasting time on mild variations when there's more pressing content to attend to.

- Prototypes & Limited Editions: As much as I love the likes of the Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale and the Corvette Stingray Racer Concept, I can't see there inclusion in GTS coming to pass given the Esports focus of the title. These special limited run vehicles belong more in a mainline entry rather.

- Tuned by Gran Turismo: Much like some of the fictional Gr.4 and Gr.3 variants found in GTS (still can't believe there's a Gr.4 Veyron...), the PS3 era featured fictional racing editions of existing road cars as well. Some were great (loved the '69 Camaro Race Car), but some were just downright bizarre (a Prius touring car?!). We've already quite an extensive grid in GTS for competition vehicles, so I doubt they'll be returning.

PS2 STANDARDS REBORN
The Toyota MR2, Nissan R92 and perhaps the most requested addition of all, the Supra RZ, have all been remastered for GTS. Given that they're all Japanese, will this trend continue? There are many PS2 standards crying out for a new lick of digital paint, many of which have a high cultural and historic value. I'd place good money on seeing the hero cars of iconic Japanese manga making a return - Initial D's Toyota AE86 and the Fairlady Z as featured in Wangan Midnight. Concerning European marques, the BMW 2002, Audi Quattro, Mercedes E190 Evolution and Jaguar E-Type would all make for an excellent start.

GT4 featured a vast amount of vehicles that weren't updated for successive iterations of Gran Turismo. Because of this any proposals would be pure speculation.

FINAL THOUGHTS (AS OF JULY 10th)
I hope by the end of this year Polyphony will have reached a point where the vast bulk of appropiate PS3 content has finally migrated over to the PS4. Come 2019 however I'd like to see the developer making a more concentrated effort on releasing more contemporary content. To be honest it's something the series has always struggled with when compared with the likes of Forza, Project Cars and even Assetto Corsa. Current Ferrari representation looks particularly woeful, as does McLaren. With the Porsche licence finally wrestled away from EA's hands it would be nice to see to which cars Polyphony are keen to get there hands on.

Tracks on the other hand I'm feeling particular confident in. I fully expect Spa and Silverstone to drop by the end of the year, at the very least either one of them. Polyphony have always been excellent custodians in promoting the heritage of motorsport and I imagine both of those tracks are very high on the to do list. The endurance race in Catalunya and the cross promotion with Sony bodes well for the prospect of racing on Spanish soil this Autumn.

Judging from recent news items it looks like we're getting a new DLC pack at the end of the month. With new locations dropping every other month I imagine we'll be getting another track at the end of September - Catalunya perhaps? Happy racing anyhoo!

Hi everybody. Many months have passed since Gran Turismo Sport first launched back in October of last year. Since then we've seen a substantial amount of DLC released for the game, from 3 new locations to over 60 new vehicles. Kaz has mentioned much more content is yet to come, so the question is - what can we expect?

Judging from the popularity of various threads discussing potential future DLC packs. I've took it upon myself to dig a little deeper and spot any emerging trends. In addition, previous games have had a heavy impact on the content we've received so far. To make sense of it all I created the spreadsheet below.

View attachment 750150

1 - JDMs: Every major DLC pack since December has featured classic JDMs from predominantly the 90s. January contained four alone!

2 - Mini-themes: Each month seems to feature a mini theme. In turn the mini-theme is often bolstered by a featured event in GT League. As follows:

- Dec: Classic JDMs (2x GT-Rs, FD RX-7 & Suzuki Swift) + Halo model Ferraris (F40 & Enzo). the JDM's were showcased in the J-Sports event in GT League
- Feb: Muscle (Challenger, Mustang Mach 1 & Pantera (of sorts)) + Alpine (classic and current A110) + Subaru Competition (Drift BRZ and WRX Time Attack)
- Mar: Super GT (2016 versions of GT-R, NSX & RCF), Red Bull (Jnr & X2014 Non-Fan Car,). Both themes were represented by GT League events

3 - Remastered PS2 vehicles: So far we've had 3 vehicles completely overhauled from the PS2 era, all of which have been Japanese.

4 - Brand new content: Six completely new road cars have been introduced to GTS since launch that aren't already variations on existing vehicles:

- De Tomaso Pantera
- Aston Martin DB11
- BMW M3 (E30)

5 - GT5 and GT6 content: The vast majority of Sport's DLC has come in the form of remastered premiums from the previous console generation. This will be the biggest giveaway as to what we can expect from future releases.

So what premiums can we expect to see remastered? May I propose the following as the most likely candidates

View attachment 750157

So how did I reach my above conclusion? There's at least another 100 premiums in GT6, but I've chosen to disregard them based on a number reasons, thus narrowing down my selection to around 70 plus. My reasons for the above choices are:

- 15th Anniversary Models: The 15th anniversary models are vehicles featuring custom paint jobs marking 15 years of Gran Turismo. 7 of these models have been featured in GTS so far. Another 6 remain (7 if you count the Lotus Europa, see below).

- Undeniable Classics: Vehicles integral to the history of automotive culture. Vehicles like the Mini, Beetle and original MX-5 all had a profound impact on the industry. On the other hand you have cars like the Castrol TOMS Supra, without a doubt the definitive Gran Turismo hero car of the PS1 era. There inclusion in GTS is a question of "when are they coming?" rather than if at all.

- Potential licensing issues: Most notably in the case of the 2008 WRC rally cars and Lotus. TVR and Deltawing are also question marks but these ones I'm not so sure about (new ownership in the case of the former, past licensing issues even in GT6 regarding the latter).

- Outdated: A lot of vehicles were contemporary at the time of their release, but have since been superceded by newer models (various Renaults, Fords and VWs for example), or quite simply they date the game badly (will anyone really miss a 2009 Toyota Prius?).

- Motorsport Glory: What do the Bentley Speed 8, Audi R10, Ford GT40 Mark IV and the McLaren F1 GTR all have in common? They're all winners of the Le Mans 24 hours.

- Duplicates: As an example, there are various versions of the Lan Evo VI, Murchielago and Ferrari F430, to name but a few. Given the laborious process in modelling an asset for GTS, I can't imagine Polyphony wasting time on mild variations when there's more pressing content to attend to.

- Prototypes & Limited Editions: As much as I love the likes of the Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale and the Corvette Stingray Racer Concept, I can't see there inclusion in GTS coming to pass given the Esports focus of the title. These special limited run vehicles belong more in a mainline entry rather.

- Tuned by Gran Turismo: Much like some of the fictional Gr.4 and Gr.3 variants found in GTS (still can't believe there's a Gr.4 Veyron...), the PS3 era featured fictional racing editions of existing road cars as well. Some were great (loved the '69 Camaro Race Car), but some were just downright bizarre (a Prius touring car?!). We've already quite an extensive grid in GTS for competition vehicles, so I doubt they'll be returning.

PS2 STANDARDS REBORN
The Toyota MR2, Nissan R92 and perhaps the most requested addition of all, the Supra RZ, have all been remastered for GTS. Given that they're all Japanese, will this trend continue? There are many PS2 standards crying out for a new lick of digital paint, many of which have a high cultural and historic value. I'd place good money on seeing the hero cars of iconic Japanese manga making a return - Initial D's Toyota AE86 and the Fairlady Z as featured in Wangan Midnight. Concerning European marques, the BMW 2002, Audi Quattro, Mercedes E190 Evolution and Jaguar E-Type would all make for an excellent start.

GT4 featured a vast amount of vehicles that weren't updated for successive iterations of Gran Turismo. Because of this any proposals would be pure speculation.

I hope by the end of this year Polyphony will have reached a point where the vast bulk of appropiate PS3 content has finally migrated over to the PS4. Come 2019 however I'd like to see the developer making a more concentrated effort on releasing more contemporary content. To be honest it's something the series has always struggled with when compared with the likes of Forza, Project Cars and even Assetto Corsa. Current Ferrari representation looks particularly woeful, as does McLaren. With the Porsche licence finally wrestled away from EA's hands it would be nice to see to which cars Polyphony are keen to get there hands on.

Tracks on the other hand I'm feeling particular confident in. I fully expect Spa and Silverstone to drop by the end of the year, at the very least either one of them. Polyphony have always been excellent custodians in promoting the heritage of motorsport and I imagine both of those tracks are very high on the to do list. The endurance race in Catalunya and the cross promotion with Sony bodes well for the prospect of racing on Spanish soil this Autumn.

Judging from recent news items it looks like we're getting a new DLC pack at the end of the month. With new locations dropping every other month I imagine we'll be getting another track at the end of September - Catalunya perhaps? Happy racing anyhoo!

YOU ARE VERY GOOD 👍

keeping work :cheers:

"Given the laborious process in modelling an asset for GTS, I can't imagine Polyphony wasting time on mild variations when there's more pressing content to attend to."

Polyphony:

Annoyingly this was the exception to the rule. I simply cannot understand the logic of adding the 2016 Clio. Either a licensing obligation with Renault or someone at Polyphony REALLY likes the current generation. So disappointed when it was revealed, such a waste.

I strongly believe we’ll get a Mitsubishi GTO Twin turbo ‘96. I don’t think they’re done adding 90s J-cars, not by a long shot, but the GTO feels like a foregone conclusion.

Totally agree. I wouldn’t bet against the FTO, Celica GT-Four, EG Civic and vintage Colin McRae era Subaru’s either. What are the other undeniable JDM classics that exist only as Standards?

Last edited:
The Clio is a very odd inclusion .

Honestly I'm not too into focusing on contemporary machines . No on seems to give a toss about The Murcielago any more , or the current Mclarens we have in game . These exotic super cars are nothing but a passing trend , the majority of these machines are destined to be forgotten.

The Clio is a very odd inclusion .

Honestly I'm not too into focusing on contemporary machines . No on seems to give a toss about The Murcielago any more , or the current Mclarens we have in game . These exotic super cars are nothing but a passing trend , the majority of these machines are destined to be forgotten.
Wouldn’t say no to the Gallardo, especially the SuperVeloce model. For me that’s the car that reinvigorated the Lamborghini brand after the tepid Chrysler years.

Agree about the current McLarens. Why would anyone drive a 12C when there’s a 650S available? I’d take a McLaren P1 though just for that sweet engine note alone.

Last edited:
Nice work 👍. However there is another car that is new to the series and make world debut to public as well, which is the Audi VGT. Should have added to the list I think.

Edit : Already on the list.

Last edited:

View attachment 750150

- De Tomaso Pantera
- Aston Martin DB11
- BMW M3 (E30)

View attachment 750157

PS2 STANDARDS REBORN

There are better variations of cars such as the Scuderia version of F430 and the ZR1 Corvette C6. The modern Mini Cooper S and Miata NC aren't classic cars. The Miata NA is. Cars before 2000 are considered classic cars.

Last edited:
There are better variations of cars such as the Scuderia version of F430 and the ZR1 Corvette C6. The modern Mini Cooper S and Miata NC aren't classic cars. The Miata NA is. Cars before 2000 are considered classic cars.
Granted better variations exist but the question is will Polyphony choose them rather than the base model? They didn’t with the Audi R8, hence my reasoning. Same goes for the Murchielago as well given that both the base model and the Super Veloce exist.

Re the Mini Cooper, whatever Polyphony eventually choose to add in (there’s like 3 model years to choose from), there’s no denying that car’s a contemporary classic, a modern icon if you will. Whilst the official definition may be pre 2000, it’s popularity and iconic (re)design is what makes it a classic. Same logic could also be applied to the redesigned Fiat 500. Another modern design icon that’s sold in absolute droves. I’ve mentioned the tuned Abarth model above, but I wouldn’t consider that the definitive article. Ultimately I’ve defined classics by popularity (e.g the original Beetle), design (some like an F40), and their importance in the history of automotive culture.

My error on the Mazda though, that should be the Eunos Roadster from 1989 (how many folks started Gran Turismo 3 and picked this beaut, milllions I imagine!). Why is it a classic? Reinvented the Roadster.

Also on a side note, do you own a Silvia? I half expected a comment stating they belong in the classic section!

Wouldn’t say no to the Gallardo, especially the SuperVeloce model. For me that’s the car that reinvigorated the Lamborghini brand after the tepid Chrysler years.

Agree about the current McLarens. Why would anyone drive a 12C when there’s a 650S available? I’d take a McLaren P1 though just for that sweet engine note alone.

Because 650s and all P1ish clone designed Mclarens are ugly and have a lazy design (personal opinion). Is not always about the fastest car. I still want an F50 in game, even if we already have f40 and Enzo (both aparently faster)

Which class? GT300?

Yes, and it is actually quite elligible for this to enter between Gr. 2 or Gr. 3 class in GTS :

Green-Tech-Toyota-Prius-Super-GT-GT300.jpg

I’d go as far to say as calling the Prius a contemptary classic, purely from an Uber point of view. I can’t remember the last time I saw one in London without a GPS mounted on the dash! :)

That is what most people remember about Prius :lol:, but the one above is a kind of unicorn in my opinion... :drool:

How long do these trends normally last, because these "exotic super cars" seem to hanging around bit. :confused: :rolleyes:
Usualy until it gets replaced . Perfect example is the 2nd gen viper ( not the ACR ) No on cares about it . Yet the first gen viper and current gen viper are beloved.

The entire GTR lineage is beloved but not the entire Cammaro or even mustang lineage is beloved .

Focusing on modern rods guarantee duds . Focusing on tried and true older cars can eliminate this issue .

Usualy until it gets replaced . Perfect example is the 2nd gen viper ( not the ACR ) No on cares about it . Yet the first gen viper and current gen viper are beloved.

The entire GTR lineage is beloved but not the entire Cammaro or even mustang lineage is beloved .

Focusing on modern rods guarantee duds . Focusing on tried and true older cars can eliminate this issue .
Now and then you get a generation that really stands out. The curves on the C5 Corvette for example. Cought one in the metal recently and boy oh boy was I impressed. Much prettier than the C6 and probably the C7. The C4’s worth a mention too, love its aggressive 80s lines.

But yeah I doubt many folk would care for some boxy Mustang from the 80s

Now and then you get a generation that really stands out. The curves on the C5 Corvette for example. Cought one in the metal recently and boy oh boy was I impressed. Much prettier than the C6 and probably the C7. The C4’s worth a mention too, love its aggressive 80s lines.

But yeah I doubt many folk would care for some boxy Mustang from the 80s
The C5 vette looks good in person but in pictures it looks big and bloated , in person it's alot smaller. But yeah I understand .

JULY UPDATE PREVIEW
DihjU07UwAAU9zY

Possible themes: Kei cars, Le Mans classic race cars (60's and 90's)

Cars shown (from top left to bottom right)
  1. Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 (N100)
  2. Ford GT40 Mk IV '67 (Gr. X)
  3. Honda BEAT '91 (N100)
  4. Mercedes-AMG W08 EQ Power+'17 or Formula Gran Turismo F1600T-H (Gr. X)
  5. Honda S660 α '16 (N100)
  6. Mazda 787B '91 (Gr.1)
  7. Ferrari 250GTO CN.3729GT '62 (Gr. X)

Last edited:
@Razamataz looking at your chart you are missing the 2 AUDI VGT cars from April and the DTG track, could call the theme a VGT theme.

Greetings GT Planeteers. Have some thoughts of what I think PDI will add in the next couple of months. I've added up updated table below featuring the most likely ex GT6 content for future DLC.
upload_2018-9-15_14-33-15-jpeg.766146

I reckon we'll see approximately 30 to 40 new vehicles added by the end of the year. Of note:

Unicorns
I think we're almost done now with the high value "unicorn" vehicles (vehicles in excess of 2,000,000). The only noteworthy remaining ones are:

- Alfa Romeo TZ2 (10,000,000) (P)
- Ford GT40 Race Car '69 (20,000,000) (S)
- Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta (7,500,000) (P)
- Chaparral 2J (4,500,000) (S)
- Chaparral 2D (3,750,000) (S)

Most likely additions will be the two remaining premiums, the Alfa and the Ferrari.

JDMs
Remaining premium JDM icons include:

- Acura (Honda) NSX '91
- Honda Civic Type R (EK)
- Honda Integra Type R 2004
- Honda NSX Type R 2002
- Honda S2000
- Lexus LFA
- Mazda Eunos Roadster (NASP)
- Mazda Roadster RS (NC)
- Mazda Autozam AZ1
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI
- Nissan Silvia S13
- Nissan Silvia S15
- Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R)
- Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R)

JDM icons that aren't premium? I reckon we'll see remasters of the following:

- Honda Civic SiR-II (EG)
- Honda Integra Type R (DC2)
- Honda CRX 1.6 SiR
- Honda S800
- Mazda Cosmo Sport
- Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R
- Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR
- Mitsubishi Eclipse GTX
- Nismo 400R
- Nismo 240R
- Nissan Sileighty
- Nissan 300ZX
- Nissan 200SX K's
- Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R
- Nissan Fairlady Z 1969
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI Prodrive
- Subaru Impreza 22B STI
- Toyota Celica GT-Four
- Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex
- Toyota AE86 GT-S GT Apex
- Tommy Kaira ZZII

Anybody's guess as to what they'll add though. 90's era Subaru Impreza and the NSX seem to be the most glaring omission from the current vehicle roster. I reckon we'll see somewhere in the region of 2-4 remastered vehicles added by the end of the year.

We're still missing a "Japan 90's Challenge" cup that's been present in all games past. High odds this will reappear soon. In addition, with the inevitable addition of the Cappuccino and the Autozam AZ1 we'll soon see addition races for the Kei cup as well.

Tracks
Remaining real worlds race tracks to be remastered include:

- Ascari, Spain
- Spa, Belgium
- Cote d' Azur (Monte Carlo), Monaco
- Daytona, USA
- Fuji Speedway, Japan
- Indianapolis, USA
- Laguna Seca, USA
- Silverstone, UK
- Twin Ring Motegi, Japan

The most likely additions to come I believe will be Silverstone, Spa, Motegi, Fuji and Laguna Seca. We've still only 3 events in the Super GT league and I imagine the next 2 to be added will eventually include both Japanese tracks. Laguna Seca has been around since GT2 and in my opinion is equally as iconic to the series as the 'holy trinity' of Grand Valley, Deep Forest and Trial Mountain. If I had to choose I'd say Spa will be with us around December time plus an entirely brand new circuit. The others will be added in 2019.

Because of the lack of NASCAR vehicles and the already high presence of 3 ovals I doubt we'll see the return of Daytona and Indianapolis. Ascari seems like a rather niche circuit but I wouldn't say no. Cote d'Azur strikes me as a nightmare circuit in terms of online racing and would probably be worse than the Tokyo tracks for trashing your DR so again seems unlikely to return in GTS, but could appear in GT7 perhaps.

As for fictional circuits, I wouldn't bet against the holy trinity reappearing but I doubt we'll get more than one before the year is out.

Anyhoo my two cents!

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-15_14-33-15.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-15_14-33-15.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 2,202
Last edited:
Greetings GT Planeteers. Have some thoughts of what I think PDI will add in the next couple of months. I've added up updated table below featuring the most likely ex GT6 content for future DLC.
upload_2018-9-15_14-33-15-jpeg.766146

I reckon we'll see approximately 30 to 40 new vehicles added by the end of the year. Of note:

Unicorns
I think we're almost done now with the high value "unicorn" vehicles (vehicles in excess of 2,000,000). The only noteworthy remaining ones are:

- Alfa Romeo TZ2 (10,000,000) (P)
- Ford GT40 Race Car '69 (20,000,000) (S)
- Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta (7,500,000) (P)
- Chaparral 2J (4,500,000) (S)
- Chaparral 2D (3,750,000) (S)

Most likely additions will be the two remaining premiums, the Alfa and the Ferrari.

JDMs
Remaining premium JDM icons include:

- Acura (Honda) NSX '91
- Honda Civic Type R (EK)
- Honda Integra Type R 2004
- Honda NSX Type R 2002
- Honda S2000
- Lexus LFA
- Mazda Eunos Roadster (NASP)
- Mazda Roadster RS (NC)
- Mazda Autozam AZ1
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI
- Nissan Silvia S13
- Nissan Silvia S15
- Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R)
- Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R)

JDM icons that aren't premium? I'd reckons we'll see remasters of the following:

- Honda Civic SiR-II (EG)
- Honda Integra Type R (DC2)
- Honda CRX 1.6 SiR
- Honda S800
- Mazda Cosmo Sport
- Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R
- Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR
- Mitsubishi Eclipse GTX
- Nismo 400R
- Nismo 240R
- Nissan Sileighty
- Nissan 300ZX
- Nissan 200SX K's
- Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R
- Nissan Fairlady Z 1969
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI Prodrive
- Subaru Impreza 22B STI
- Toyota Celica GT-Four
- Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex
- Toyota AE86 GT-S GT Apex
- Tommy Kaira ZZII

Anybody's guess as to what they'll add though. 90's era Subaru Impreza and the NSX seem to be the most glaring omission from the current vehicle roster. I reckon we'll see somewhere in the region of 2-4 remastered vehicles added by the end of the year.

We're still missing a "Japan 90's Challenge" cup that's been present in all games past. High odds this will reappear soon. In addition, with the inevitable addition of the Cappuccino and the Autozam AZ1 we'll soon see addition races for the Kei cup as well.

Tracks
Remaining real worlds race tracks to be remastered include:

- Ascari, Spain
- Spa, Belgium
- Cote d' Azur (Monte Carlo), Monaco
- Daytona, USA
- Fuji Speedway, Japan
- Indianapolis, USA
- Laguna Seca, USA
- Silverstone, UK
- Twin Ring Motegi, Japan

The most likely additions to come I believe will be Silverstone, Spa, Motegi, Fuji and Laguna Seca. We've still only 3 events in the Super GT league and I imagine the next 2 to be added will eventually include both Japanese tracks. Laguna Seca has been around since GT2 and in my opinion is equally as iconic to the series as the 'holy trinity' of Grand Valley, Deep Forest and Trial Mountain. If I had to choose I'd say Spa will be with us around December time plus an entirely brand new circuit. The others will be added in 2019.

Because of the lack of NASCAR vehicles and the already high presence of 3 ovals I doubt we'll see the return of Daytona and Indianapolis. Ascari seems like a rather niche circuit but I wouldn't say no. Cote d'Azur strikes me as a nightmare circuit in terms of online racing and would probably be worse than the Tokyo tracks for trashing your DR so again seems unlikely to return in GTS, but could appear in GT7 perhaps.

As for fictional circuits, I wouldn't bet against the holy trinity reappearing but I doubt we'll get more than one before the year is out.

Anyhoo my two cents!

Actually, the Z32 was premium.

The premium JDM icons are also the Hawkeye STI, Evo 9, 350Z, and 370Z.

And the non premium JDMs are also Corolla Levin, Mazda NB, 180SX, S14 93(Zenki), and S14 96(Kouki).

Other noteworthy premium cars are the BMW M5 E60, and the BMW M3 E92.

About better variations, the Murcielago SV, 430 Scuderia, ZR1, Z4 M, etc.

Last edited:
Back