Disqualified during Daily races

• Thread starter ReAx
  • 59 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Not seen anything about this on here, as I think you are all too good at racing to have it affect you but, I’m currently not able to finish races as I keep getting disqualified for collisions.

It started in a race when I was a C/C and there was a guy towards the back of the field with me generally driving like an idiot and ramming everyone, I let it eat to me, I reacted and helped him off the track as he was understeering round the right corner at DT gardens. I got a 3 sec penalty, and a warning in red “YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AFTER THE NEXT COLLISION” fair enough I thought and finished the race.

Down to D/E

Within the next 7 attempted races I think I’ve had the warning come up 5 times all within the first two laps, then a car *touches* me and bang, I’m out of the race....don’t even get the miles for it either.

Now the first time was me, it was me being an idiot by stating revenge, fair enough, the 5 I’ve been banned from I’ve seen it as very “normal” driving from a usual c/c guy (I’m just not good at racing) and each time I’ve received no penalty during the race, so it seems that due to my first incident I’m now treated very harshly, which I’m cool with, but I’ve done two races this morning and cannot complete one as I’m trying to do race B and with all the bumps of T1 and T3/4 I get the warning half a lap in then just got rammed on the last bend and *poof* I’m listening to lounge music.

Anyone else...?
I’d share video but can’t save a replay once booted out!!

I think the best thing to do in this situation is avoid any contact for a couple of races, so start driving at the back, well behind the second to last driver and STAY THERE, just finish the race in last place without any contact with other cars, this way you will sacrifice DR points, but you'll gain SR, once your SR is up to A or (even better) S, start racing again to try to regain your DR.

I think the best thing to do in this situation is avoid any contact for a couple of races, so start driving at the back, well behind the second to last driver and STAY THERE, just finish the race in last place without any contact with other cars, this way you will sacrifice DR points, but you'll gain SR, once your SR is up to A or (even better) S, start racing again to try to regain your DR.

I think you’re right, I have just managed a race, how the guy that won didn’t get a DQ is beyond me, so I really do think the system has a ‘mark’ on you for a while and has a zero tolerance policy. If so, then it’s great.

Off to try another race so fingers crossed. Anyone else had it happen or seen it happen to others? Interested to know if other racers can tell a DQ over a rage quit both during the race and on the results

Did not know that you can be DQ in GTS, but it's certainly good to hear.

To be SR E things must have certainly gone wrong for you or you must have made a lot of wrong moves. Best will be to follow SjefGielen's advice and forget about winning or results and focus on sportsmanship / clean racing which will be easiest at the back of the pack. Keeping in mind that you will be matched with similar low graded SR racers, any attempt to pass them might earn you more penalties / dq's. Once your SR is "repaired", you can focus on winning and DR again, but then keep it up there.

Best of luck.

Did not know that you can be DQ in GTS, but it's certainly good to hear.

To be SR E things must have certainly gone wrong for you or you must have made a lot of wrong moves. Best will be to follow SjefGielen's advice and forget about winning or results and focus on sportsmanship / clean racing which will be easiest at the back of the pack. Keeping in mind that you will be matched with similar low graded SR racers, any attempt to pass them might earn you more penalties / dq's. Once your SR is "repaired", you can focus on winning and DR again, but then keep it up there.

Best of luck.
I got the E for blatant ramming...absolutely 100% correct and justified, looks like once you are there you cannot touch anything at all. Made it through second race as a D and there was lots of Incidents, I ended up with a Beetle stuck to my bonnet as a T-Bone (not my fault!!!) got a 4 sec penalty, had two cars bunting me for 3 laps, and didnt get a warning, so I think it may only be there for E SR, as this race was far worse than the 5 I got booted from

By default the PS4 records the last 15 minutes of gameplay. All you have to do is press Share and save it (square). And that's better than a replay as it shows what you saw - replays do not contain penalties.

I did not know that!! Ok will try this tomorrow so I can show you guys the message...and how bad I am at driving

Its a ridiculous new system. I kept getting rammed by a Porsche prat and I was receiveing constant orange arrows for it. I started a 99 S and ended on 87 through absolutely no fault of my own. It's not as bad as your situation but it absolutely must be addressed.

Last edited:
I wish they would implement that at SR.S. A zero tolerance policy would make much more sense there than in SR.E. 3 bumps, you're out, that would change SR.S races completely. Not braking in time for T1, immediately back to the race select screen, it shouldn't even let you hit other cars.

Of course it should be a priority for PD to put some effort into fault detection. Justice may be blind, yet the way PD interprets it is that the victim is as much to blame as the aggressor, if not more.

I wish they would implement that at SR.S. A zero tolerance policy would make much more sense there than in SR.E. 3 bumps, you're out, that would change SR.S races completely. Not braking in time for T1, immediately back to the race select screen, it shouldn't even let you hit other cars.

Of course it should be a priority for PD to put some effort into fault detection. Justice may be blind, yet the way PD interprets it is that the victim is as much to blame as the aggressor, if not more.

Basically, it's all moot until this happens. When the game can't differentiate between a flagrant ram and a flagrant brake check, let alone subtle deliberate rubbing and pushing, Sport Mode is a bad joke the whole community seems to have bought into. Hard to understand, when the same thing in GT6 (the abominable Quick Race) was almost universally shunned as the bad joke it was back then.

I guess it's true... You can fool most of the people most of the time!

I am getting this too, I didn’t hit anyone and within three laps of the race C being hit from behind I get the sign up about disqualification. Then someone hits me from behind I get disqualified.

This has happened on three races today. No time penalty just SR goes orange and then warning.

I am an A SR and also got it in S SR. Highly infuriating and ruins any chance to move forward with DR.

I had one of these last week. If you avoid any contact at all once the warning pops up you'll be fine. For improving after that... don't hit anyone.

Its a ridiculous new system. I kept getting rammed by a Porsche prat and I was receiveing constant orange arrows for it. I started a 99 S and ended on 87 through absolutely no fault of my own. It's not as bad as your situation but it absolutely must be addressed.
Nothing is addressed. They just keeping on playing with the balances of a generally incompetent penalty system. (Which just positions the title to its proper place: it is a game. Neither sport, nor racing. A game.)

Just to be clear, I wasn’t complaining it’s a good feature. Was just highlighting as put it in undocumented changes thread and it seemed no one knew of it.

Can report have had 15 or so successful races since, most have been far ‘dirtier’ (both my driving and my opponents driving) and no warning and no DQs. I’m now wondering if it’s becuase I had been reported in an earlier race? Like I’ve said I’m not a dirty driver, just not a great one...I think there’s a difference, albeit when this first happened I was being a dirty vigilante trying to rid the race of a driver like in the video above, by doing something similar to the driver in the video above (I know, I know and I’m sorry)

Also, I entered a race with the intention of uploading video to show warning, ended up on pole and winning the race. Still uploaded to YouTube in case I could never finish a race again. Also to remind myself how not to race a final lap when in the lead!!

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of months back, I was racing with HUD off. It turns out I got over 15 seconds of penalties for drivers coming into contact with my rear while I was leading. When it reaches this point, it climbs and climbs and then kicks you out. That's the only time I've seen a DQ.

A couple of months back, I was racing with HUD off. It turns out I got over 15 seconds of penalties for drivers coming into contact with my rear while I was leading. When it reaches this point, it climbs and climbs and then kicks you out. That's the only time I've seen a DQ.

Yes that’s quite normal. This is new, I had no penalties to serve (apart from first incident when i got warning and managed to avoid everyone and finish race) just the orange shield. This is a definite new release and it’s almost like a shadow ban (if that’s the right phrase?)

it just happened to me.man.1st time for protecting myself not to get pushed out of the track.why those id.ots do t play freaking arcafe when they like to hit peple.or call of duty.man im so pis.ed!!!!

This is ********, I’m being shoved and punted all the time and getting the dq penalty for it. Not enjoying this game as it’s ridiculous. The penalties need to be reviewed as I’m guessing lots of people are being shafted for the same thing.
it just happened to me.man.1st time for protecting myself not to get pushed out of the track.why those id.ots do t play freaking arcafe when they like to hit peple.or call of duty.man im so pis.ed!!!!

Adz
This is ********, I’m being shoved and punted all the time and getting the dq penalty for it. Not enjoying this game as it’s ridiculous. The penalties need to be reviewed as I’m guessing lots of people are being shafted for the same thing.

Would disagree, I am current DR D/SR A at the moment and not getting the DQ penalty, the only time I have seen it as previous posts have said
if you are constantly being hit while a warning SR is up on screen, I can finish all races even if being hit heavy by other racers during the race.

Would disagree, I am current DR D/SR A at the moment and not getting the DQ penalty, the only time I have seen it as previous posts have said
if you are constantly being hit while a warning SR is up on screen, I can finish all races even if being hit heavy by other racers during the race.

It depends on the race. On Bluemoon bay it's impossible to avoid it. My SR was down to C for the week and I got DQ'd 3 times, while normally my SR is always at 99. I did already drop to SR.A again on N24 yesterday just from getting draft bumped from behind and someone crashing into me. I got back to 99 again driving in full avoidance mode, which is pretty much required in sport mode. GTS online is the ATC experience of racing. Sometimes I don't even look at the road, fixated on the radar.

It depends on the race. On Bluemoon bay it's impossible to avoid it. My SR was down to C for the week and I got DQ'd 3 times, while normally my SR is always at 99. I did already drop to SR.A again on N24 yesterday just from getting draft bumped from behind and someone crashing into me. I got back to 99 again driving in full avoidance mode, which is pretty much required in sport mode. GTS online is the ATC experience of racing. Sometimes I don't even look at the road, fixated on the radar.
This isnt the case.

I always race in full avoidance mode to be honest. In or out of Sport mode :P .

Ahh I get ya, yeah it sure is risky running outside lines with idiots.

It's actually more risky to run inside lines as you're the one who will get the penalty if they turn in on you. Although I just got 5 sec from someone dive bombing through my inside and causing a chain reaction at T1 N24. If the inside car uses the grass to dive bomb you get a penalty.

Never had that happen at Blue Moon Bay either and if you check my stats you'll see I was up and down with racing at Red Bull Ring and Nurburgring
yesterday but still no DQ.

Back