I'm kind of upset......

United States
United States
I have to start by saying, I can think of two or three other threads this post probably belongs in, and please move this into one if so required, but I just had to start a new thread to get this off my chest.

I love the gran turismo series and have been playing since the second one. I've always been a huge Gran Turismo fan and supporter of the series and the week before Tsukuba was released I randomly started a thread asking if anyone missed Tsukuba. I was overjoyed when it was released and it reinvigorated my love for GTsport but despite most of the complaining on here I don't condone and agree with, I'm kind of frustrated tonight.

I live with my girlfriend and her two kids and I don't have much time to play each day if any but the past week I have had every single $20million car in the daily carousel and have ended up with the least expensive multiple duplicate car possible. I'm lucky if I can get in an 18min Premium Sports Car Lounge Dragon tail race with my N300 M4 each day to earn credits and after over three weeks of saving, only have a little over 8million.

It was a long time before I even saw a non purchasable car in the daily carousel but to see them all in the past week and still not being able to participate in the Nostalgic 1979 series after weeks of saving credits without being half way there has me frustrated.

I never had a $20million car in GT6 but didn't mind because I was able to complete the game many times over without them. Why should I be prevented from completing the game when I can't dedicate my life to earning enough credits. Normally I have to scramble to earn enough credits to purchase the newly released cars but since the last update have been actively trying to earn enough buy the Ferrari or Ford. GTsport is the only game I ever have time to play and not having a $20million car isn't going to change that but the fact that I can't complete the offline game 100% without it just doesn't set right with me. I don't think I've ever complained on here since being an avid reader for many many years but WTF PD.......

*edited with spaces so Rizla can read it if he so chooses ;) hahaha

Last edited:
Why should I be prevented from completing the game when I can't dedicate my life to earning enough credits. Normally I have to scramble to earn enough credits to purchase the newly relased cars but since the last update have been actively trying to earn enough buy the Ferrari or Ford. GTsport is the only game I ever have time to play and not having a $20million car isn't going to change that but the fact that I can't complete the offline game 100% without it just doesn't set right with me.

Er, doesn't the game only track completion percentage from the original offline events, not GT Mode? I've done a handful of the post-release events and yet my completion still sits at 97% (haven't got around to doing the Circuit Experience for the new stuff). You can "complete" the game without any of the 20M cars — though you can't platinum it without going online.

Why do some folks type everything out in one giant sentence?

I'm not reading it.

There are multiple sentences there. I believe you mean paragraphs.

I have to start by saying, I can think of two or three other threads this post probably belongs in, and please move this into one if so required, but I just had to start a new thread to get this off my chest. I love the gran turismo series and have been playing since the second one. I've always been a huge Gran Turismo fan and supporter of the series and the week before Tsukuba was released I randomly started a thread asking if anyone missed Tsukuba. I was overjoyed when it was released and it reinvigorated my love for GTsport but despite most of the complaining on here I don't condone and agree with, I'm kind of frustrated tonight. I live with my girlfriend and her two kids and I don't have much time to play each day if any but the past week I have had every single $20million car in the daily carousel and have ended up with the least expensive multiple duplicate car possible. I'm lucky if I can get in an 18min Premium Sports Car Lounge Dragon tail race with my N300 M4 each day to earn credits and after over three weeks of saving, only have a little over 8million. It was a long time before I even saw a non purchasable car in the daily carousel but to see them all in the past week and still not being able to participate in the Nostalgic 1979 series after weeks of saving credits without being half way there has me frustrated. I never had a $20million car in GT6 but didn't mind because I was able to complete the game many times over without them. Why should I be prevented from completing the game when I can't dedicate my life to earning enough credits. Normally I have to scramble to earn enough credits to purchase the newly relased cars but since the last update have been actively trying to earn enough buy the Ferrari or Ford. GTsport is the only game I ever have time to play and not having a $20million car isn't going to change that but the fact that I can't complete the offline game 100% without it just doesn't set right with me. I don't think I've ever complained on here since being an avid reader for many many years but WTF PD.......
I earn over 3 million credits for 8 hours while I am sleeping :).

PD has got the balance right for earning credits for this game.

I saw the gt40 on the carousel, i got excited and whispered prayers to god, and omg it dropped! woop woop woop

then it lit up and suddenly i realised it was one of the cheap gt40s and not the 20million car
:guilty:

The roulette wheel cannot be random. PD must have some programmed some sort of algorithm, otherwise we'd hear folks complaining that they had gotten their 5th duplicate of the 330P4 or Jag. I've had many an occasion that the day or two after I bought a car, I'd win it. It happened most recently with the Aston Martin Vulcan and the Merc W08. It's been a month now since I purchased the Ferrari. It's not even shown up on the wheel.

Actually I won 2 Vulcans the same week that I bought one.

I saw the gt40 on the carousel, i got excited and whispered prayers to god, and omg it dropped! woop woop woop

then it lit up and suddenly i realised it was one of the cheap gt40s and not the 20million car
:guilty:
I hope you don't think I'm being 'picky', but the 20 million Ford is a Mk IV, not a GT40...

I have to start by saying, I can think of two or three other threads this post probably belongs in, and please move this into one if so required, but I just had to start a new thread to get this off my chest. I love the gran turismo series and have been playing since the second one. I've always been a huge Gran Turismo fan and supporter of the series and the week before Tsukuba was released I randomly started a thread asking if anyone missed Tsukuba. I was overjoyed when it was released and it reinvigorated my love for GTsport but despite most of the complaining on here I don't condone and agree with, I'm kind of frustrated tonight. I live with my girlfriend and her two kids and I don't have much time to play each day if any but the past week I have had every single $20million car in the daily carousel and have ended up with the least expensive multiple duplicate car possible. I'm lucky if I can get in an 18min Premium Sports Car Lounge Dragon tail race with my N300 M4 each day to earn credits and after over three weeks of saving, only have a little over 8million. It was a long time before I even saw a non purchasable car in the daily carousel but to see them all in the past week and still not being able to participate in the Nostalgic 1979 series after weeks of saving credits without being half way there has me frustrated. I never had a $20million car in GT6 but didn't mind because I was able to complete the game many times over without them. Why should I be prevented from completing the game when I can't dedicate my life to earning enough credits. Normally I have to scramble to earn enough credits to purchase the newly relased cars but since the last update have been actively trying to earn enough buy the Ferrari or Ford. GTsport is the only game I ever have time to play and not having a $20million car isn't going to change that but the fact that I can't complete the offline game 100% without it just doesn't set right with me. I don't think I've ever complained on here since being an avid reader for many many years but WTF PD.......

For all we know, the next update will bring a a Toyota 7 race car for 5,000,000 and you'll be set. My advice is to keep playing in a way you enjoy - that one championship isn't going anywhere, and it isn't required for 100%, having not done it won't affect your stats anywhere, so just take your time, play the game and sooner or later it'll come.

The roulette wheel cannot be random. PD must have some programmed some sort of algorithm, otherwise we'd hear folks complaining that they had gotten their 5th duplicate of the 330P4 or Jag. I've had many an occasion that the day or two after I bought a car, I'd win it. It happened most recently with the Aston Martin Vulcan and the Merc W08. It's been a month now since I purchased the Ferrari. It's not even shown up on the wheel.

I agree it's not random, but I'm not sure it's actively sadistic! My most won car is the Hyundai Gr4 (I have 6 of those). I've seen 20 mill cars on the prize wheel 2-3 times since last year and that hasn't changed since buying one.

I agree it's not random, but I'm not sure it's actively sadistic! My most won car is the Hyundai Gr4 (I have 6 of those). I've seen 20 mill cars on the prize wheel 2-3 times since last year and that hasn't changed since buying one.

I am pretty sure it is actively sadistic.

I hardly ever delete cars from my garage, but will sell if I have a duplicate so that i can maximise my credits.

When I logon to the PS4, I'll share more evidence.

From memory:
I have not won a 20mill, nor any Group 2
I have won lots of Group X (Peugeots for instance), Group B and inexpensive N class cars.
I have 4 or 5 of some cars I've hardly ever used, very few duplicates for cars i do use!
The vast majority of the cars I use are Group 3 & 4

You know it's not random. After update 1.17 my trick stopped working and I was no longer able to get the cars I wanted off the carousel. You know the reason I have 3 Ferrari 330's in my garage.
I have seen no reports of anyone winning a 15 or 20 million credit car after that update.

I also had 3 of them on the carousel this week all at the same time. The Jag, lambo & GTO and guest what car it landed on.

Try project cars2 plenty of cars there you can jump right into plus more tracks.

Not everyone should be able to have a 20million credit car that’s the point.
You either have to work lots or be lucky just like real life, so to me it’s fair.
Thats what makes getting those cars prestigious in this game cos it isn’t many who will be lucky enough or be able I buy them.

While the payouts are puny in GTS compared to previous titles, is it the game's fault you don't have enough time to play it?

Here's some good news though. You're half way to a 15 million Shelby Daytona and when it's fully upgraded, it's untouchable in the pre '79 races.

> says people are lazy

> leaves PS4 on for 8 hours so the AI gets you credits
So what if I leave my PS4 on overnight, you can do it as well for extra credits. Mainly all of my credits come from winning races in the GT League a few hours a day. I took a long time to get to 20 million credits and it should be that way.
I call People lazy because they want bigger payouts and they want everything now. Hey @rono_thomas PD got the balance perfect for wining credits for each of the races for this game.

So what if I leave my PS4 on overnight, you can do it as well for extra credits. Mainly all of my credits come from winning races in the GT League a few hours a day. I took a long time to get to 20 million credits and it should be that way.
I call People lazy because they want bigger payouts and they want everything now. Hey @rono_thomas PD got the balance perfect for wining credits for each of the races for this game.

I'm not criticising you for leaving your PS4 on, I'm criticising you for saying 'people are lazy' but at the same time getting the AI to get your credits for you, which, makes you a massive hypocrite.

I'm sure that I'm missing a really obvious answer, but how do you earn extra credits by leaving the PS4 running overnight?

I'm not criticising you for leaving your PS4 on, I'm criticising you for saying 'people are lazy' but at the same time getting the AI to get your credits for you, which, makes you a massive hypocrite.
There is nothing wrong for the AI to get me some credit. What got me going, is people are lazy because they want bigger payouts to get everything in a short period of time.

I only have my PS4 running overnight only a few times a week, but in the warm weather I will not have it on @super_gt .

Back