• 21 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
I just added a batch of the latest screenshots by Polyphony Digital to our gallery in full 3840x2160 resolution! The public screenshots from PD's site are only 1024x567, and I haven't seen them posted at full res elsewhere as each image is 1MB or larger. The new shots begin on the bottom row of page 11 of our Gran Turismo 5 Prologue gallery. Be sure to click on the images to download the full, original size! You will probably have to do a lot of scrolling, but it's worth it to see all the detail in these shots. Don't miss them!

O

M

F

G

!

normal_ag0022a.jpg

:drool:👍

These are pretty nice. 👍

Maybe there could be an option to take photomode shots this size? It would be pretty cool!

G.T
These are pretty nice. 👍

Maybe there could be an option to take photomode shots this size? It would be pretty cool!
It is possible, but hopefully, but if Photomode does shots this big, I just hope it will have a BMP option included. Anyway thanks for posting these shots up Jordan.

Those are freakin' huge, Jordan! :eek:

About photomode, actually almost all shots posted look more like photomode shots than anything else, like video screenshots.
Notice the angles, the blur, focus, etc. Just like GT4 photomode. :)

Even if it's not available on GT5P, I'd bet those were taken using photomode (probably the GT4 mechanics for it). It would be great to have it on Prologue.

Yeah, right... :rolleyes:

I can presume that PhotoMode will output at this size. Basicaly, it's a 6MP resolution. Since GT4's PM was outputed in 2MP, this is just a natural step forward.

What I'd like to have is different aspect-ratios - like show on this "photos". Demo of GT4 had many aspect ratios of photos in PM which were trashed-out from the final build. I remember I was dissapointed with that one, since it only continued a long-time tradion that PD has - nice features in demos/prologues which don't make it into the final build. Two additional examples:

- camera starts shaking when car gets to aerodynamic limit (GT4 Prologue)
- zoom-in to car while choosing the car (GT3 PSM official demo)

Yeah, GT4 photomode has some negative things that should be corrected for GT5, like being able to choose which car to shoot when image is frozen and most importantly, being able to move the camera around the track like in phototravel, it sucks to be limited to what angles the game shows us.

Also, I agree with you on the output photo size, although that would mean having to buy a new bigger monitor to work with these images properly on Photoshop.

Awesome just utterly awesome!

Concerning GT5 Photomode, do you think someone should create a thread to do with what we would like in GT5 Photomode? That means all the people who use it can add what they would like to see in GT5 in photomode. Just an idea.

The thing the photomode needs for GT5: Prologue or GT5 is more settings for shots, like the following:

*Exposure bar
*Contrast bar
*Brightness bar
*Better Focus with a Bar to select the amount of focus for the Aperture
*Better Aperture options with a bar of course to make it more in-depth
*Different Lenses and Filter
*Photo Travel location with options to add more then one car into the shot
*Debug options in off-line to let the AI do some stuff like stop in this location on this race track, which would allow people to get even greater still shots on the racing tracks.

In addition, I would like even more stuff in the Photomode, which I cannot add to the list I posted above at this moment in time, but as long as GT5: Prologue and GT5 has the first three things I listed in those bullet points. Then it will allow people to do good amount of stock shots for the first couple of months and then over time improve there stock shots, so they get closer to even real life shots or close to real life.

Anyway, before I finish this message I tell you this, if GT5: Prologue or GT5's Photomode had an option to output to those sizes, I would like to see these file formats also used:

*Tiff
*PNG
*Raw

Oh, I just remembered, since Jordan provided us with these monster size shots, maybe I will have some new backgrounds now to use on my PS3 and PC.

You'e gone too technical, but nice demands. Since I'm into photography (wink, wink, notch, notch, you know what I mean..) I'd love to see all things you said, but I'd trade them all for one single "thingie":

Photo Studio.

Plain, boring, dull photo-studio, with an option to change the background/floor colour, option to have beautiful set of different lights to play with them. Heaven, I tell you :D

Would I be right in saying that PD continues to use a "photobackdrop" for the landscape backgrounds (like a movie set backdrop), rather than fully rendering it like in Forza? This strategy is one of the things (as well as the quality of the car models/lighting) that makes GT look more "realistic" than Forza, which tends to look rich but "artificial" - kind of like a very elaborate toy train set environment. I would imagine it also frees up a lot of the CPU for other things.

BTW: I notice again, in photo 88 how the trees in the "helicopter" view of Sukuba are two dimensional "cut-outs".

Gosh that TVR shot with the pit crew discussing tactics next to the car is the business!!! :crazy:

If this is what GT5P looks like imagine what the final GT5 will look like!

I'd trade them all for one single "thingie":

Photo Studio.

Plain, boring, dull photo-studio, with an option to change the background/floor colour, option to have beautiful set of different lights to play with them. Heaven, I tell you :D

:drool::drool::drool:👍
That'd be awesome, good call on that one.

Would I be right in saying that PD continues to use a "photobackdrop" for the landscape backgrounds (like a movie set backdrop), rather than fully rendering it like in Forza? This strategy is one of the things (as well as the quality of the car models/lighting) that makes GT look more "realistic" than Forza, which tends to look rich but "artificial" - kind of like a very elaborate toy train set environment. I would imagine it also frees up a lot of the CPU for other things.

BTW: I notice again, in photo 88 how the trees in the "helicopter" view of Sukuba are two dimensional "cut-outs".

Yep, I already pointed that out on the 'GT5P update' thread, but no one said anything about it.
You're totally right about the sceneries, but I don't agree that that makes them more realistic, in most cases.

For example, spectators on the stands seem way too much like hundreds of cardboard sets of twins. Also, because of the flat sceneries, light is never appropriate, since it never changes, and tends to look awful when zoomed at.

But so far it's not even GT5:P's final version, so I'm expecting quiet a few improvements until GT5 comes out.

Car's detail, however, is already phenomenal (except a few jaggies easily corrected with a bit of AA), namely door and hood shut lines, interior - even viewed from the outside through the windows, rims, tyres, overall light on the paint job, headlights, and carbon fibre. 👍

I'm not talking about the middle-distance detail (like spectators), I'm referring to the backgrounds (like Mount Fuji, for example, or the hills in Suzuka). They look fine to me, even 'tho they are just "backdrops".

What would be nice would be some middle-distance animation: birds flying, trees moving etc. These would seem simple enough to implement (PGR2 had some for example) & make the environment less "dead" seeming IMO.

More animation on the stands would suffice for most of it, that 'kills' the liveness of the track greatly, imo.

Maybe a plain flying high above, smoke from a factory, etc., small thing like these would greatly improve that.

Also, heat haze on track while racing (on a sunny day, of course) would be a giant leap towards realism, as well as exhaust heat blurring the car (only race cars, of course) ahead of you ever so slightly. :)

You'e gone too technical, but nice demands. Since I'm into photography (wink, wink, notch, notch, you know what I mean..) I'd love to see all things you said, but I'd trade them all for one single "thingie":

Photo Studio.

that would be awesome, but I'd much rather have a dyno place, where you can just shift gears, and dyno tune the car lol

Woulld trade dyno for Photo Stdio in any point. Hell, would buy a separate game "GT5: Photo Studio" for 50 euros :D.

Back