• Thread starter Brego
  • 71 comments

30km oval?

• Yes.

Votes: 61 51.3%
  • No.

Votes: 58 48.7%

• Total voters
I have no real opinion about it. It's a nice place to stretch out but it would be a shame to say it's exciting.

It brings out the worst in the general online mentality though. You'd be lucky to find a free run session without at least three SRT Tomahawk trolls who are more than happy to bump everyone else out of their path. Zero respect for other cars and imagination to try something less predictable.

What is this poll supposed to be? Are you asking if it's a 30KM oval or not? Since your poll and OP makes no sense I will vote yes, because it is in fact a 30km oval.

As far as it purpose for racing it's useless. But, for testing top speed it has it's purpose. It also has nice scenery and isn't bad for photos if that's your cup of tea.

I understand the frustration of 'racing guys' about that track.

But for me, more connected in the beauty of cars freeroam and replays, the Route X is very cool.

But I think this track should have come along with a normal track in the same update, something like a bonus track...

in singleplayer can be very boring but it is a fun track, especially in the online lobby is like a meeting point. they did a great job with the scenarios

Kinda useless. But it's cool to have it to try out top ends plus it is gorgeous. But I wish they included pop-up displays of 0-400-1000m times like they used to back in GT4.

Also the amateur league event with VGT's on this track was much more fun than I'd anticipated. Lots of slip-streaming and I was a bit surprised about how AI was constantly trying to align itself behind me; they just never give up no matter how much zigzag you are willing to do :lol:.

Personally, I don't like it. It is a boring track. As someone said the Route X should've been added alongside a more "ordinary" track.

However

It seems to be some fanbase around it. Either among drag racers, max speed tuners, slipstream drivers and online lobby fans.

I respect those guys. But for me the track is useless.

I'd rather have it than not have it.... after all, it's an addition and we are not forced to race on it (unlike the Tokyo street circuits!).

It will be useful for testing top-end etc. after adjustments.

Something interesting.... did an "arcade" to try out newly acquired GT-R LM Nismo 2015 (great car!!) and got beaten by:

R92CP 1992 (first)
XJR-9 1988 (second)
Sauber C9 1989 (third)

Boy, they were the days!

I was 4th. The VGT's were well back down the field.

Another interesting find.... drafting in the Nissan works great, adds a noticeable amount of speed.... in the Mercedes VGT, next to nothing. Weird.

In a nutshell, the track has its uses. Especially for us beer drinkers. :cheers:

It is great for max speed testing, and looks really nice. As far as a *race* track .... not so much, because 95% is top end, with 5% torque due to the hill. Not like driving/braking/steering skills are gonna make a bit of difference. Still, for a nice looking track to test top end i think it is good.

I would like it better if there was an option to populate it with 300 or 400 street cars.

I think it would be great for some really close one-make racing, provided the car isn’t ridiculously slow.

alp
Kinda useless. But it's cool to have it to try out top ends plus it is gorgeous. But I wish they included pop-up displays of 0-400-1000m times like they used to back in GT4.

Also the amateur league event with VGT's on this track was much more fun than I'd anticipated. Lots of slip-streaming and I was a bit surprised about how AI was constantly trying to align itself behind me; they just never give up no matter how much zigzag you are willing to do :lol:.
Not so, AI will find you within track limits; cannot find a vehicle if on shoulder.

Back