Hotlap Event in Arcade Mode Time Trial

full

Porsche 356 A/1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster '56

full

Goodwood Circuit

:: Open to All GTPlanet Registry Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Overview (How Does This Work?):
  • You must be part of our registry to participate.
  • These are Time Trial Events, we have Online Races here.
  • Set the game up according to the event, car and track details below.
  • Save Your BEST LAP replay before exiting your session.
  • Be sure and run cleanly to the end of the first sector after setting your fast lap. If you exit right away, your time stamp may not show up in your replay.
  • Report your split times in here, so you can compare your pace to other racers, without revealing the full lap time. (Note: this is required if participating)
  • Our leaderboard shows how you stack up during the week, before the deadline.
  • Submit your lap via PM to our Fetchbot, before the event deadline.
  • On deadline day, we will publish the results in our leaderboard and in a thread in this section.
  • Identified replays will be checked by your fellow participants to be sure you meet the event regulations.

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Time Trial
  • Track: Goodwood Circuit
  • Car Type: Garage Car
  • Make: Porsche
  • Model: 356 A/1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster '56
  • Max Power HP: 107 (Stock)
  • Weight: 1,852 lbs / 80 kg (stock)
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Comfort Soft (front and rear)
  • Driving Line, Cones, Markers: Optional
  • Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
  • Tuning: No Tuning Allowed: Power and weight are to be stock.
  • In-Race Multi-Function Display (MFD) Functions: Optional
  • Custom Wheels: Allowed if available
  • Paint and Racing #: Livery editor Allowed if available
Course Settings:
  • Time: Optional

full

Standard Clean OLR Rules (These Apply to ALL Events):
  • The event MUST be run using your registered PSN account.
  • The use of the clutch is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times (See image below).
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible.
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty.
  • No hybrids.
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.

full
full

Race Specifics (Rules for This Specific Event):
  • Green and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. No other surfaces are track.

Steward's Comments:
Back to Back Porsche Combos, but the cars and tracks could not be much different. This week, Comfort tires in a classic car on a tight track. Watch out for that lift off oversteer, but the engine sound and handling are to be admired. :)

Saving Replays, Viewing sector times and Submissions:
  • You need to make sure you use the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below).
  • Before saving your replay ensure that you continue running after completing your fast lap until at least the end of first sector. This will ensure you have a complete replay.
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Library' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replays' option.
  • While viewing your Replay, enter the live timing screen to view your sector splits. You will need to do this after your car has passed the sector markers to see it listed.
  • Simply post the splits that are shown in the live timing screen, and our Fetchbot will parse them and add them together for your total sector time.
  • When saving your fastest lap replay please ensure that you watch the replay to the end and that it displays your full lap time. Any replays submitted that do not show the posted lap time will result in a DQ.
  • Remember - When you submit your time you're also declaring that your run is 100% clean. We request replays for the purpose of verifying to all those concerned that the drivers claim is correct, which in turn safeguards the integrity of the driver, and just as importantly, the WRS. The golden rule is to check your replay before submission. If you’re still unsure, check it again, ask for a second opinion and if you’re still undecided, run the lap again.

(Best Lap Replay Save)

full

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on Skype or via other private IM service.):
  • Total Lap Time.
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total lap time.
  • If you choose to Share your Best-Lap Replay via GT Sport before the deadline,your full lap time will be considered to be shared publicly which contravenes our rules. Even if you've only shared with Friends.
The following information can be discussed in this thread :
  • The first 2 sectors: T1 and T2 times.
  • Any settings discussion.

full

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 82 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):
  • Please submit your FULL LAP TIME in the following format on a single line:
    X:XX.XXX
    (Example-) 1:10.100
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • For those of you who were used to submitting replays on GT6, you no longer have the ability to export the files.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week 81 Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week 81 Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week just reply to the conversation with your new time. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • The deadline is Monday, June 24th 2019 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.
Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:
  • Division winners and overperformers will be required to submit a replay via the GT Sport Share function for verification AFTER Unofficial Results have been posted.
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Replay Verify Required).
  • Video/Youtube/Twitch replays are not accepted as a form of verification.

full

Good luck,
:gtplanet: & The WRS team.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDK
A million can be earned pretty quickly on the Blue Moon Bay Premium Sports Lounge combo, so I guess I've not hesitated to pick these cars.

We do avoid the really big dollar cars.

Nope, that's not for me... there's more fun ways than that for me... may take longer but it's more fun.. I don't mind.

so..3mil the limit you've selected so far?

This is hard on the DS4, one slight twitch on the stick and the tail is out, lol. Fun though. Just got to get used to the limits of the car. I had to buy this one new too, but not really bought many so got 5 Mil in the bank ready.

This is hard on the DS4, one slight twitch on the stick and the tail is out, lol. Fun though. Just got to get used to the limits of the car. I had to buy this one new too, but not really bought many so got 5 Mil in the bank ready.
I was worried about that, and @roamer2629 took it for a spin on the DS4 and said it was easier than the wheel. :lol:

But I think he has a particular and refined DS4 technique with these sorts of cars, flick it and control the drift.

Last edited:
EDK
I was worried about that, and @roamer2629 took it for a spin on the DS4 and said it was easier than the wheel. :lol:

But I think he has a particular and refined DS4 technique with these sorts of cars, flick it and control the drift.
:embarrassed: Yes I do lol
Try to countersteer as soon as you go into a slide, using throttle control to keep the tail at check. The advantage of the DS4 here is the ability to go full lock from side to side a lot quicker than the wheel.

EDK

:embarrassed: Yes I do lol
Try to countersteer as soon as you go into a slide, using throttle control to keep the tail at check. The advantage of the DS4 here is the ability to go full lock from side to side a lot quicker than the wheel.

I'll get used to it pretty quick, you can't be as rough as you can on turn in though.

Last edited:
I found with this car the last time we used it in sport mode that you almost had to do a handful of laps to find out where and when she is gonna kick out on you, and then you can kind of start to counter steer before it actually kicks out, it’s helps to catch it quicker in these old soft suspension cars. Hopefully I can get at this one tonight. :)

Last edited:
I found the car quite good with DS4 due to it sliding everywhere I can imagine wheel users will be tired after a few laps with this one :scared:
Well
I would say if you're going full-on Drift, with dualshock you can keep going til infinity, with wheel you'll want to take a few moments of rest after 10 minutes.
But when trying to go fast with a loose rear, wheel is much less tiring because of the effortless precision it gives you. With dualshock it's more difficult to dance right at the edge of grip.

By the way this is sounding very fun. was kind of looking down on this because fearing the car would be crazy expensive, not really excited by this new track, and very little time on my hands but.. what has been read cannot be unread.

We discussed quite a bit about this combo, in the end we decided the best way to teach someone to swim is to throw him in the sea...:D
Seriously speaking, PD tends to overdo it when trying to replicate real life reputations of some cars. Early Porsches have a loose tail and PD is surely not gonna have it any other way.

We discussed quite a bit about this combo, in the end we decided the best way to teach someone to swim is to throw him in the sea...:D
Seriously speaking, PD tends to overdo it when trying to replicate real life reputations of some cars. Early Porsches have a loose tail and PD is surely not gonna have it any other way.

That’s why they ended up with the ginormous spoilers at one point isn’t it?

I miss being able to add spoilers and body kits to cars in GT, can you imagine this car with a shopping car handle/spoiler on the back of it? :lol:

Found some more time again, I absolutely love driving this car, it’s so much more fun here than at Brands Hatch. :)

Nice splits, i’m close to them but that last chicane kills me everytime.

Back