Competition: Beat the pros on GT Sport win Goodwood FOS rally stage experience

• Thread starter KosmoKazi
  • 55 comments
Here’s my first attempt which puts me third on the leaderboard I think (57.049). All assists off, no ABS no TC, H-pattern shift and clutch. Probably could go faster with ABS and using the paddles but this car feels great with a shifter

The car comes on RM tyres, I bought a new one because I wasn’t sure what stock was. Not sure how they will police this though. This is my first attempt not submitting this one, think I can shave a second off my time at least.

[edit: it’s RM tyres not RH, have corrected that now]

Last edited:
I went looking on the GT race events for this and can only see the Suzuka event.. Whats the rules on tyres and settings upgrades track limits etc?? Does anyone know or is it just add whatever you want and get your best time fully modded?

Thanks in advance 👍

Edit: down to 54.3 with RM tyres no upgrades just tweaked suspension and gears and DF.. I can get into the 53's for sure but not sure of allowances yet 👍

Last edited:
I went looking on the GT race events for this and can only see the Suzuka event.. Whats the rules on tyres and settings upgrades track limits etc?? Does anyone know or is it just add whatever you want and get your best time fully modded?

Thanks in advance 👍

Edit: down to 54.3 with RM tyres no upgrades just tweaked suspension and gears and DF.. I can get into the 53's for sure but not sure of allowances yet 👍
No tuning allowed.

Six Goodwood regulars have already recorded high-speed laps around the Goodwood circuit using Gran Turismo Sport and the Gran Turismo F1500T-A turbo F1 (in it's standard form, on the tyres it comes in as originally purchased, no tuning please) car as part of the build-up to the once-in-a-lifetime Goodwood SpeedWeek presented by Mastercard.

Thanks daan I just run a much faster lap too :P Thankfully I saw this before recording it and can go back to the drawing board and see how I fair :cheers:

Edit: a few laps totally stock car and my best so far is 55.3... It's not so easy now :P:tup:

Just watched your 55.3, Mr P. Hats off to you, that's a cracking lap.

When the contest was launched last week, there were no explicit tyre regs just "no tuning please". I put in a 54.3 in the stock on super softs but that's obviously invalid now.

Will try to churn out a few more laps over the weekend.

Just watched your 55.3, Mr P. Hats off to you, that's a cracking lap.

When the contest was launched last week, there were no explicit tyre regs just "no tuning please". I put in a 54.3 in the stock on super softs but that's obviously invalid now.

Will try to churn out a few more laps over the weekend.

Cheers mate! I hope to scrape a bit more next session as I have been .2 or so ahead but stuffed the end section before the chicane :( Good luck with your laps :cheers:

I have been .2 or so ahead but stuffed the end section before the chicane

Argh, that's the kind of thing that wakes me up in sweats in the middle of the night. And if you're anything like me, just before that final section your brain was "Just don't stuff this up. Just don't stuff this up..."

Will let you know how I get on :cheers:

Insta, Twitter noob question, how do we upload a vid?

Is it, play the replay on your tv and just video it with your mobile and then transfer to apps?

Insta, Twitter noob question, how do we upload a vid?

Is it, play the replay on your tv and just video it with your mobile and then transfer to apps?
Your PS4 can record everything (and by default does).

Play the replay, double-tap the Share button to start a specific recording, and when the replay finishes double-tap it again to end the recording. That creates a file in your Capture Gallery on the PS4 itself. Transfer that to a USB, move it to your PC, and simply paste the file into a Tweet.

Your PS4 can record everything (and by default does).

Play the replay, double-tap the Share button to start a specific recording, and when the replay finishes double-tap it again to end the recording. That creates a file in your Capture Gallery on the PS4 itself. Transfer that to a USB, move it to your PC, and simply paste the file into a Tweet.

Thank you. 👍

Just the content we've all been waiting for. So much for all efforts on GT7. How about fixing the remaining bugs and penalty system before creating more time trials.

Just the content we've all been waiting for. So much for all efforts on GT7. How about fixing the remaining bugs and penalty system before creating more time trials.
This is a long way out of your way to come just to complain about content. I'm sure you can justify inferring how these TTs symbolise PDs misplaced priorities so I won't bother to question that but... Here? Really? Try GT Twitter or something, if you want even the remotest chance of someone important/well placed taking your feedback on board. Or just shout into the wind, your call.

This event has absolutely nothing to do with Polyphony Digital or Sony, has required no organisational input from either, and has no official standing.

This is a long way out of your way to come just to complain about content. I'm sure you can justify inferring how these TTs symbolise PDs misplaced priorities so I won't bother to question that but... Here? Really? Try GT Twitter or something, if you want even the remotest chance of someone important/well placed taking your feedback on board. Or just shout into the wind, your call.

Honestly it was no trouble at all, it wasn't out of my way as I was here anyway. Yes I may be shouting into the wind as I know PD don't listen to people here or twitter. But at least I'm not urinating into the wind like you, replying to my post which you supposedly find so useless.

This event has absolutely nothing to do with Polyphony Digital or Sony, has required no organisational input from either, and has no official standing.
My bad. I thought the new time trial content was on GT Sport.

Honestly it was no trouble at all, it wasn't out of my way as I was here anyway. Yes I may be shouting into the wind as I know PD don't listen to people here or twitter. But at least I'm not urinating into the wind like you, replying to my post which you supposedly find so useless.

So do you know how to respond to people with respect or is this just your thing to look cool on the internet

My bad. I thought the new time trial content was on GT Sport.

Damn, it kinda sounds like someone may have urinated in your corn flakes this morning, geez. Why so grumpy man?

Back