5 free cars for playing GT5?

• Thread starter jakeBG18
  • 97 comments
Canada
canada
jakebG18
none,because my 1st 4 rrod'ed
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8806688.html

I did a quick search around and didnt see anything about this posted here but I may have been searching in the wrong place.For anyone not wanting to open the link I'll summerize.
If you play the last GT5 seasonal coming up May 1st,you will be able to transfer 5 cars from GT5 to GT6(or just have five transferred from GT6 Dealerships randomly,that would be my guess).

Read lower:

Between June 2nd , 2014 11:00pm PST and June 29 8:00pm PST, start “GT6” on your PlayStation®3 while signed in with the same SEN ID used to register your lap time in the GT5 Online Event Finale events mentioned above, and you will be awarded with the following 5 cars:

Abarth Grande Punto ‘09
Renault Sport Megane R.S. Trophy ‘11
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) ‘08
Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance ‘12
Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package ‘12

Read lower:

Between June 2nd , 2014 11:00pm PST and June 29 8:00pm PST, start “GT6” on your PlayStation®3 while signed in with the same SEN ID used to register your lap time in the GT5 Online Event Finale events mentioned above, and you will be awarded with the following 5 cars:

Abarth Grande Punto ‘09
Renault Sport Megane R.S. Trophy ‘11
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) ‘08
Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance ‘12
Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package ‘12
That part did not show up on my phone,it tends to freak out randomly.
Not the greatest of choices but I dont own the Tesla yet..Free car is a free car.

Wait, thsat car is in GT6? I cannot remember it, to be honest. Can someone post a picture of it? I can't be bothered to take GT6 out of it's box :lol:.

i6y5.jpg

The gift cars won't do much for me since I already have them. I would prefer it if they had a unique livery like the Chromeline cars.

Here's the link, I particularly love this little gem of a line:

"GT6 is a PlayStation® 3 exclusive title, so all you need to do is to purchase the software to start playing. The game continues to evolve through updates that have been added since its release in 2013, adding new cars and tracks, updating physics, improving user interface, and introducing new features like the data logger.

"GT6 is a PlayStation® 3 exclusive title, so all you need to do is to purchase the software to start playing. The game continues to evolve through updates that have been added since its release in 2013, adding new cars and tracks, updating physics, improving user interface, and introducing new features like the data logger.

Somebody really is under the impression they've made a playable track :lol:

Why?yes the cars are useless but some of us dont have them all.I for instance don't have the Tesla.

I didn't say they were useless, but those of us who have the cars already won't really see much value in them. If the gift cars had unique liveries, then they would be special and more valuable to all users.

I didn't say they were useless, but those of us who have the cars already won't really see much value in them. If the gift cars had unique liveries, then they would be special and more valuable to all users.
They're hardly going to give out super special cars for playing the previous game. Even if they were unique, making them that readily available would just nullify their significance.

That doesn't mean the thread needs to be removed.I believe there useless but If your just starting out with GT6 from GT5 they could be of some help.By all means I get your point,but not all of us have those cars yet(I could go buy them,but whats the point if there free)

That doesn't mean the thread needs to be removed.I believe there useless but If your just starting out with GT6 from GT5 they could be of some help.By all means I get your point,but not all of us have those cars yet(I could go buy them,but whats the point if there free)
lol. By delete he just meant he double posted by accident.

The word 'delete' may have caused confusion :embarrassed:

They're hardly going to give out super special cars for playing the previous game. Even if they were unique, making them that readily available would just nullify their significance.

Fair point, but I personally would have preferred at least something different from what we already have access to, seeing as the event runs for a limited time period.

Wait, wut? Do they actually believe that themselves? Or did they forget they haven't added any new tracks? If neither is true, then they're literally resorting to flat out lying to keep attracting unsuspecting customers who haven't played the game yet. Wow, that's.... that's bad...

I don't have most of these cars so, I guess I'll do the event. Although I doubt they will actually give the cars since they never even gave me the GT6 demo car.

Very lame in my opinion. :rolleyes: Why don't they give away cars that aren't already in GT6, exclusive cars that can only be gotten by doing those events in GT5. Just doesn't make sense to me to give away cars that are already in the game and can be bought rather easily. I mean, even special liveried cars would be cool, but not the same cars already in the game. Just shows how lame PD has become. After the Academy, I'll probably be another on of those migrating to other racing games. Simply losing interest and faith in PD. It was once a great series, but, in my opinion, PD's ship has sailed. Sad really, because it does have the potential to be so much more. This of course is just my opinion and how I feel about the state of the GT series at this point.

It's a nice gesture but like others have said I've already bought these cars like 4 months ago :lol:

What in the world? Maybe the planning for this event happened a couple of months ago and PD really believed they'd have new tracks released for GT6 by now??

Very lame in my opinion. :rolleyes: Why don't they give away cars that aren't already in GT6, exclusive cars that can only be gotten by doing those events in GT5. Just doesn't make sense to me to give away cars that are already in the game and can be bought rather easily. I mean, even special liveried cars would be cool, but not the same cars already in the game. Just shows how lame PD has become. After the Academy, I'll probably be another on of those migrating to other racing games. Simply losing interest and faith in PD. It was once a great series, but, in my opinion, PD's ship has sailed. Sad really, because it does have the potential to be so much more. This of course is just my opinion and how I feel about the state of the GT series at this point.
See this:
Making 5 completely exclusive cars for playing the previous game is preposterous from a business point of view. All this needs is a small gesture, such as the one they're giving. Doing special cars willy-nilly not only nullifies any significance, but is also a big waste of resources.

Did no one pay attention to the fact they said "We've hand selected these cars specifically as they will be very useful in the early stages of Gran Turismo 6,"?

I mean really guys. Really.
I did.Thats why I said it's useful for someone transitioning between the two games.Or in my case someone with both games who is to cheap to buy them in GT6.

Back