500PP Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Grand Valley East

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 141 comments
Yeah hate is a strong word, I mean really dislike , I find the GSX so unforgiving, so many crashes from even just slightly over correcting, regardless of setup

Well it's not always usual , you had me at Bathurst!

Anyhow I think the trick here is turning while still coming off the brakes, but not to the extent of the rear sliding. So set your car up with that in mind if that's any help :)

Yeah hate is a strong word, I mean really dislike , I find the GSX so unforgiving, so many crashes from even just slightly over correcting, regardless of setup

Well it's not always usual , you had me at Bathurst!

Anyhow I think the trick here is turning while still coming off the brakes, but not to the extent of the rear sliding. So set your car up with that in mind if that's any help :)
It's the exit from the corner into the tunnel where you shoot past me - up until there I'm in front of you. I just need to get that bit right.....

I got a 1:09 something in the GT-R concept, then decided to go with the flow and run the GSX-R. I was unable to drive even a Praiano tune ( way too loose ) so I used the ballast and LSD recommendations posted here, set brakes to 6/2 and used the racing hard suspension with a trans flip. It rewarded me with 1:06.882 and position #822. That's all I've got, yet I'm quite pleased I made the top 1000 almost a week into the event.

Sneaking up behind you Jeje, 1.06.216. Having nearly the same drama as BoneTone, in front to the end of the tunnel but because I've lost it there a million times I'm a bit dodgy there and you flash past. I'm using o0Maxx0o's tune (because I love em) but with the t/c at 3. It was either that, sell all my Suzukis or go back to AC which I just spent about ten days on and I'm not in any great hurry to do that.:cheers:

Sneaking up behind you Jeje, 1.06.216. Having nearly the same drama as BoneTone, in front to the end of the tunnel but because I've lost it there a million times I'm a bit dodgy there and you flash past. I'm using o0Maxx0o's tune (because I love em) but with the t/c at 3. It was either that, sell all my Suzukis or go back to AC which I just spent about ten days on and I'm not in any great hurry to do that.:cheers:

Good good good my dear friend! !!!!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :cheers:

image.jpg

Trying to catch @fordlaser (who is also using an RX500) but this is the best I've been able to get so far...
:cheers::bowdown::cheers:

So ... the 3º position - keisuke_p_5810 - used a Suzuki Kei-Works 02. I watched the replay and ... wtf??? 4th gear all track long, +300km/h .............

How?

OBS.: i did the time in a lambo chrome line

upload_2017-4-26_16-15-2.png

I'm using @o0Maxx0o setup, and @TRL_Andromeda gearsbox.... Oh wait, still no Andromeda gearsbox yet :(
It's been almost 2 years since this TT was run the last time, so there's no guarantee any of this works now since the physics has changed since then. But this is my setup I used.

Suspension:
Ride height: 95/85
Spring rate: 4.34/4.34
Dampers compression: 1/1
Dampers extension: 1/1
Anti-roll bars: 7/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: 0.10/0.20
Brake balance: 7/2

Transmisson:
Reset to default, set max speed to 180km/h
1'st: 4.847
2'nd: 3.770
3'rd: 3.050
4'th: 2.520
5'th: 2.120
6'th: 1.790
Final gear: 3.200

Differential:
Initial torque: 6
Acceleration sensitivity: 14
Braking sensitivity: 44

Power:
Oil change, Engine stage 3, Sports computer, Racing Exhaust, Exhaust Manifold, Catalytic converter, Intake tuning. (Everything)
Limiter: 97.3

Body:
Improve body rigidity
No Weight reduction
Ballast 170 kg at +8% position
Downforce: /20 (install a wing)

It's been almost 2 years since this TT was run the last time, so there's no guarantee any of this works now since the physics has changed since then. But this is my setup I used.

Suspension:
Ride height: 95/85
Spring rate: 4.34/4.34
Dampers compression: 1/1
Dampers extension: 1/1
Anti-roll bars: 7/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: 0.10/0.20
Brake balance: 7/2

Transmisson:
Reset to default, set max speed to 180km/h
1'st: 4.847
2'nd: 3.770
3'rd: 3.050
4'th: 2.520
5'th: 2.120
6'th: 1.790
Final gear: 3.200

Differential:
Initial torque: 6
Acceleration sensitivity: 14
Braking sensitivity: 44

Power:
Oil change, Engine stage 3, Sports computer, Racing Exhaust, Exhaust Manifold, Catalytic converter, Intake tuning. (Everything)
Limiter: 97.3

Body:
Improve body rigidity
No Weight reduction
Ballast 170 kg at +8% position
Downforce: /20 (install a wing)

This setup have more potential than my own tune.

Shame on me.

His setup is hot, so making sense.

Edit: I feel like the wing slowing me down more than helping.... Need to take a try no wing.

I have made modifications, the wing I take it to 15 and the ballast I take it to 6 and the change the 6 march at top of short and final march also

Back