6/6/12 - A-spec: 500PP FR Challenge

I'm winning Cape Ring in an Opera s2000 tuned down to 390pp by 10 seconds over the coupe concept, about to add the other 130kg of weight and see if it is still winnable, that will bring pp down to 380.

Oh yes it will win at 380, but I could only get mine down to 381.

Finally won Cape Ring in the 86 GT @ 380PP, so went down to 370 and tried, but failed.
Upped the PP to 375 and won.
I want that 370PP win, someday.

Almost everybody use gt86s.i mean is it the easiest car to drive or is it the perfect car for this.i used a Mazda touring car that won every race and it only took me one time to win.it took me twice at mt aso because that was a hard one

I can't speak for everyone else on why they use the 86GT but I use it because when you buy it, it comes at/less than 400pp. So I don't have to detune it. Actually, mine is at 402pp and I do MT.Aso at 350pp buying everything BUT the things that adds pp. hope you find my reasoning helpful.

I can't speak for everyone else on why they use the 86GT but I use it because when you buy it, it comes at/less than 400pp. So I don't have to detune it. Actually, mine is at 402pp and I do MT.Aso at 350pp buying everything BUT the things that adds pp. hope you find my reasoning helpful.

the only thing i have to detune is the weight in my mazda becuase it's low powered and the power helps the acceleration in my car and the downforce keeps it planted on to the road.im not saying the 86 is a bad car but i just want to use something easier to drive

I agree, the S2000 LM Race car is a beast![Off topic] I recently bought one in the UCD and drove it around Circuito de Madrid with a time second best only to my SKYLINE GT-R (R34)TC. I'll give it a shot at 430PP on Autumn Ring. Question: did you lower or raise your suspension ride height for the Autumn Ring in the S2000?

Didn't mess with the suspension, just minimized downforce, 200kg ballast, engine reduction, and lowest tranny setting. You need to run 1'25"s after the first lap (around a 7'13" total) if you're up against the Shelby. Can run even slower if anyone else.

Last edited:
lldantell
Almost everybody use gt86s.i mean is it the easiest car to drive or is it the perfect car for this.i used a Mazda touring car that won every race and it only took me one time to win.it took me twice at mt aso because that was a hard one

Of course you won easily in that car! Its a race-prepared, purpose-built, racing car you have made slighty retarded and obese in order to win big bonuses against basic road cars.

re: the debate about downtuning...

I don't have any problem downtuning street cars for street car races. But I don't use race cars in street car events. I don't even think about it, so when I see someone say they used the Roadster TC or the S2000 LM I'm like "wait, what?" Just because it would never occur to me.

But to each his own.

I don't see why. It's not a real car, just something programmed into a game. It's fundamentally no different than any of the other tuned S2000's. And it sits naturally at just a hair over 500PP, so it's right within the range of the challenge.

JawsV8
I don't see why. It's not a real car, just something programmed into a game. It's fundamentally no different than any of the other tuned S2000's. And it sits naturally at just a hair over 500PP, so it's right wiithin the range of the challenge.

Dude, compare ANY tuner or stock car with ANY LM car, and you will see they ARE fundamentally different.. And dont even start with the whole " its just a game anyway" argument..you will embarass yourself all over again!

Will try 350PP @ Mt Aso although it seems far too low.
Had a ball there with my LFA @ 440PP yesterday, great track which I'll utilise more often.

krasch27
Of course you won easily in that car! Its a race-prepared, purpose-built, racing car you have made slighty retarded and obese in order to win big bonuses against basic road cars.

I know I could get bigger money in a road car and yeah I won easily in my race-prepared car but mt aso was kinda tricky because my car was a little wide and the track is sharp and narrow.almost like my car but a little thinner

Will try 350PP @ Mt Aso although it seems far too low.
Had a ball there with my LFA @ 440PP yesterday, great track which I'll utilise more often.

Yeah, give 350pp a try. I'm going to try 345pp tonight. Although I might fail. Btw, I feel like I'm an above decent driver so I'm sure others would win as I did. Good luck to you...

I hate losing money however it's just too much trouble buying unwanted cars just to remain a few mil below the cut off $20m. Wonder why there is a cut off? Why not allow $200mil.
I'll bet there is 'a very good reason' why. Of course the alternative would be to drastically reduce the prize money. Wonder how that would go down amongst players, especially those just starting.

Yeah, give 350pp a try. I'm going to try 345pp tonight. Although I might fail. Btw, I feel like I'm an above decent driver so I'm sure others would win as I did. Good luck to you...

Well mate I won't be giving 350PP a try any time soon. Decided to try 375PP first and see how it went. Best I could do after a few goes was 2nd and the lead car, a Fairlady, was nearly half the length of the main straight in front!

The 86 absolutely dies if you don't get the first 'over the hill' R/H corner correct, there is just no power at all below 5th gear there.

Perhaps a higher top speed would help on this track. I am currently using 190/200km.

Thanks, S2k2k3 for suggesting the Opera Performance S2000. Ran it with 385 PP at Cape Ring Inside and beat the Supra RZ '97 by 2 seconds. Supra is one of the slower pole position cars. Got 1,171,825 credits.

Funny part... when I first tried these races, I could barely win with a 500 PP car. How was everyone killing it with 400 PP or less? Then I realized I was running with comfort medium instead of sport medium tires. Oops. :lol:

Mt Asso
1,467,800Cr
Toyota Celica XX 2800GT '81
PP376
163bhp
Tranny, drivetrain, suspension mods.
Surprisingly nice motor!!!
Won by 3.5secs

Lead car - Infinity Coupe Concept 06

Transmission if critical at low power. Also get every draft you can.

How can I get the best from my transmission at low power? How do I tune the transmission? I'm kinda clueless! I can't get faster than 125mph on Tokyo's straight... :nervous:

I managed to get down to 380pp on Mt Asso in the 86gt with 200kg ballast and a de-tune with an Rx7 in pole position

How can I get the best from my transmission at low power? How do I tune the transmission? I'm kinda clueless! I can't get faster than 125mph on Tokyo's straight... :nervous:

I use either one of two methods to tune my trans. The tranny trick or flipping the trans, both are fully explained if you do a search. After that, I just set the FG to about 15 to 20 mph higher than redline on the tracks longest straight. I also tweek gear ratios a bit. Both methods have been highly successful for me.

After a few more tries I won at Mt Aso with the 86 GT @ 375PP using the tune on the TV a couple of pages back.
I upped the top speed to 260km and it may have helped on the first high R/H corner. And if I wasn't under 20 sec behind the leading car by the next corner I started again.
The Corvette Grand Sport was on pole.
Can't imagine winning with 350PP though,............ yet.

Oh, and that was worth $1,476,750 and 157,575 exp points in case anyone is interested.

Anyone else feel like the last hairpin of Mt Aso just completely destroys the incredible flow of the track? I mean you're going along smoothly, enjoying the cambers of the turns and then *BLAM IN YOUR FACE SUCKER!*

OK so this 86 GT tune that everyone's been using is really a great tune!

I'm able to do Mt. Aso at 375pp and Cape Ring at 395pp (I'm not quite as skilled as some of you guys).

But what are you all doing at Tokyo? The AI are definitely a bit faster on this course. The best I've been able to do with the GT is 430pp. Has anybody been able to do 430pp on Tokyo in a different car?

Now I'm interested in seeing if there's any car that can do better than the GT at the same pp range. For example, I experimented with a Z4 Coupe. Fun to drive, but it's not as good as the GT

But what are you all doing at Tokyo? The AI are definitely a bit faster on this course. The best I've been able to do with the GT is 430pp. Has anybody been able to do 430pp on Tokyo in a different car?

Now I'm interested in seeing if there's any car that can do better than the GT at the same pp range. For example, I experimented with a Z4 Coupe. Fun to drive, but it's not as good as the GT

Opera S2000 is the only FR car that will give the GT a run at these PP levels. I have spent my time on CR and HSR exploring lower limits but I did Tokyo in the Opera at 430 and blew the M3 away by several seconds.

Anyone else feel like the last hairpin of Mt Aso just completely destroys the incredible flow of the track? I mean you're going along smoothly, enjoying the cambers of the turns and then *BLAM IN YOUR FACE SUCKER!*

Flow, what flow?
I feel sick most of the time on just about all Track Creator courses.
I have yet to drive a single one I liked.
Maybe the one exception being the kart track for the Kei car seasonal.
Most original tracks as well. And this FR seasonal has no real circuits.
I'm sick of all these Mickey Mouse tracks :banghead:

the only thing i have to detune is the weight in my mazda becuase it's low powered and the power helps the acceleration in my car and the downforce keeps it planted on to the road.im not saying the 86 is a bad car but i just want to use something easier to drive

Lol. With a good tune, the Toyota couldn't be any easier to drive even if you put training wheels on it, especially at this low PP.

Flow, what flow?
I feel sick most of the time on just about all Track Creator courses.
I have yet to drive a single one I liked.
Maybe the one exception being the kart track for the Kei car seasonal.
Most original tracks as well. And this FR seasonal has no real circuits.
I'm sick of all these Mickey Mouse tracks :banghead:

You know it's funny. I hadn't even thought about the fact that none of the tracks are real tracks. But R246 is a real road. :lol:

I don't care for CR or AR at all. (But I do like DF, TM, and GV) And driving any Mt Aso track is like looking in a funhouse mirror.

You're right that most creator tracks lack flow. And the kart tracks tend to have better layouts.

Not to toot my own horn (but I'm going to), I have made some tracks that are pretty good. You can see them in the track creator forum.

Had a crack in a used but otherwise untouched Chrysler Prowler - with SM's fitted and 394lbs of ballast to get 400pp

AT Mt Aso - managed a best lap of 1m13.9s (8m48s race)

Really like the track - and is a different style to the other 4 tracks -

I think HSR is the weak link as the driver skill element is curtailed to a couple of places over the entire full throttle rest of the lap.

Mt Aso has a good range of white knuckle corners that once you get the feel for them are a bit of a rush - as you hope the suspension will prevent the car grounding out into the bump rubbers.

The Final chicane hairpin is a - test -all too easy to come in screaming fast and end up on the wrong side of the crown of the road on an off camber corner. If you do the old "Slow in fast out" and hook up the inside of the corner and power through it (Without bit plumes of vulcanised rubber smoke) then you get a nice catapult along the long sand lumpy pit straight.

Mt Aso grid best three times
M3 (8m50s)
Grand Sport (8m59s)
Z4 (9m09s)

Back