6 months in and the dailies still have no N-class racing, or tuning.

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 77 comments

Would you like N class racing and tuning in the dailies?

• Yes, I want to see both

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • Yes, I want N class racing, but no tuning

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • Yes, I want tuning, but I don;t care about the street cars

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • No, I like it the way it is. No tuning and no street cars.

Votes: 24 17.9%

• Total voters
Canada
London, Ontario
voodoovaj
The dailies in GT6 had street car racing so why is it being ignored except for one make racing? Are they simply incapable of balancing the N class cars? Tuning would be nice too. Single make racing isn't the same.

Before the "go to the lobbies" folks start up, I see a dramatic decrease of decent open lobbies in GTS. Aside from there being no timer, so you have no idea when the races will start, I have a hard time finding a room with more than a handful of people in them or rooms that have limits placed on them for the N class. For instance, I almost never see N200 or N300 racing rooms.

Is it just me that feels a huge aspect of the game is gone now that so much play has shifted to the dailies? I've barely used the cars we received in the updates because I simply don't know where to use them. Single player requires no tuning whatsoever, so it seems to me that tuning serves no purpose anymore and that makes me sad. Some of the cars are SOOOO much better with little tune on them, so what's the harm?

So, what are your thoughts? Am I alone in wanting street cars and tuning?

Many of the N-class races would just be one-makes really due to most N-classes having a hugely dominant car.

And I think the cars in each class are too varied for BOP to work well, without altering cars too much.

There needs to be more of the N class cars featured though, especially N400 up.

Tuning...ehhhh personally it is just something that would turn me away more. I love knowing that I have the same opportunity and same setup as another driver. I'd feel like I would have to wait for another player to go 'oh I'm using these settings' until I'd want to take part. I know the basics of tuning of course, and setup differences, but I still would likely not feel comfortable until someone else has given a high rated setup

I was in an N300 lobby this morning and there were two players with GT40s that wiped the floor with everyone. Not at all competitive and there was no way they were going to put BoP on either.

However I was in a cracking N200 one with BoP on yesterday. It was full of Germans mostly in M3s and the racing was good and fair even on nordshchliefe (spelling). After a few races the majority voted for Blue Moon oval though so I left along with everyone else that didn’t vote for it.

I frequently set up lobbies for lower powered cars but I’ve no idea how you get people to join them.

I've just started GT Sport, I was so excited about the sport mode especially to begin with my first small car (as I've done in every GT) but it turned out there are only the one make races for "small cars". So I'm stick with that as I don't want to move to Gr 4 for now :( I really would like to compete with my small N100 or N200 road car.

I think that perhaps there isn't enough people interested in in small road cars racing, so it will be impossible to fill the grid in sport mode :confused: But it's sad because GTS is a a lot of fun with small cars on confort tires.

Last edited:
I agree with what has been said here N class racing is great fun when the car specs are restricted, racing can be close and fun.

Check this out me and some friends ran a MX5 championship.

There are many kinds of racing, power and speeds does not make racing more enjoyable, look at F1 and how dull that has become.

There are plenty of people who would be interested in running low hp racing @poumpoum like me. The only issue with the N class like already has been said is that there is always one dominant car all the "sheep" use. I would love a one make series with the bmw 1989 with bop on and the stock power.

N300 daily races were always a thing in the closed beta of the game (also for a short while in the full game) and they were great fun, with fairly balanced cars, but with all the cars in the full game, and allowing people to downgrade/upgrade cars, it's close to impossible to BOP. The M4 (an N400 car) was the only car to use for N300 daily races back when the game released. They then quickly stopped doing them after that.

It's simply a matter of bringing all N class cars together racing fairly would require too much testing and effort to get them BOPed when really the main concern for this game is its race-cars.

It's hard enough to race aliens. If they're given setups, then there will never be any beating them. I like tuning prohibited

Tuning is irrelevant in that scenario. Fast drivers will go faster regardless of the tune.

This is the most plausible suggestion I've seen so far

I agree. I still think tuning is worthwhile though. In all previous GT's, tuning was a massive part of play for me. I was constantly fiddling and tweaking. It built a real connection to the car for me. Now, the liveries fill that role.

With single player having no ultimate purpose (nothing to be gained that is unique to single player), most of my street cars never turn a wheel. If PD were to implement the GT6 style of dailies, would I even need to own a single street car? I could just use what they provide when the necessity arises. That then leads to the question, "why not implement this for all races?", which then means credits and ownership are nearly meaningless since you can rent any car in the game when necessary.

Those that oppose tuning should also oppose using a wheel... they claim they want a level playing field but invested $200-$500 dollars to have an advantage over the vast majority in the game that play with a DS4. Tuning is a free feature that requires the use of your brain and some trial and error testing. I know absolutely nothing about the tuning of cars in real life but through patient testing and tweaking I’ve learned a lot about tuning in GT Sport. Can’t stand the argument about wanting things fair and equal... it’s more fair to allow tuning for EVERYONE, than it is to allow wheel users to race against DS4 users.

Tuning is irrelevant in that scenario. Fast drivers will go faster regardless of the tune.

I agree. I still think tuning is worthwhile though. In all previous GT's, tuning was a massive part of play for me. I was constantly fiddling and tweaking. It built a real connection to the car for me. Now, the liveries fill that role.

With single player having no ultimate purpose (nothing to be gained that is unique to single player), most of my street cars never turn a wheel. If PD were to implement the GT6 style of dailies, would I even need to own a single street car? I could just use what they provide when the necessity arises. That then leads to the question, "why not implement this for all races?", which then means credits and ownership are nearly meaningless since you can rent any car in the game when necessary.
Those that oppose tuning should also oppose using a wheel... they claim they want a level playing field but invested $200-$500 dollars to have an advantage over the vast majority in the game that play with a DS4. Tuning is a free feature that requires the use of your brain and some trial and error testing. I know absolutely nothing about the tuning of cars in real life but through patient testing and tweaking I’ve learned a lot about tuning in GT Sport. Can’t stand the argument about wanting things fair and equal... it’s more fair to allow tuning for EVERYONE, than it is to allow wheel users to race against DS4 users.
I don't know how to tune myself, but I don't mind if they add tuning. I can always use praiano's tunes :)

@uMayBeSeated believe it or not, some people are really fast with controllers. In fact, @mthomas_95 is so fast that they got invted to the Europe Cup!

Let's put the DS4 vs steering wheel debate to rest, and go back to the topic of this thread :)

I don't know how to tune myself, but I don't mind if they add tuning. I can always use praiano's tunes :)

@uMayBeSeated believe it or not, some people are really fast with controllers. In fact, @mthomas_95 is so fast that they got invted to the Europe Cup!

Let's put the DS4 vs steering wheel debate to rest, and go back to the topic of this thread :)

I believe I am one of the fastest guys in the world with a DS4... A+/S with several Top10’s in Campaign. Also on the Top10 in Sport Mode in the Americas on a Regular basis. I’m not in here debating that wheels should be banned, I’m only saying there are clear advantages to a wheel and using that as my standing ground for why tuning should be allowed... if PD says it’s okay to spend $500 to get a slight advantage then why can’t players whom know how to tune have that advantage? Like you said as well, plenty of guys have threads sharing their tunes anyways. I rest my case.

I believe I am one of the fastest guys in the world with a DS4... A+/S with several Top10’s in Campaign. Also on the Top10 in Sport Mode in the Americas on a Regular basis. I’m not in here debating that wheels should be banned, I’m only saying there are clear advantages to a wheel and using that as my standing ground for why tuning should be allowed... if PD says it’s okay to spend $500 to get a slight advantage then why can’t players whom know how to tune have that advantage? Like you said as well, plenty of guys have threads sharing their tunes anyways. I rest my case.
Not really gonna argue, since I find of all of your points valid, but...

The difference between DS4 and wheel is negligible, the difference between tunes can be several seconds. Tuning also makes it much, much harder to BoP effectively as you introduce a lot more variables and more likely to get a dominant car in each class. At the end of the day Sport Mode is about finding the best drivers, not race engineers.

Honestly I would be so happy with N-races with or without tuning.

BUT, I think it would be better without tuning. I was a huge fan of tuning in previous GT but honestly it is too much time consuming (time I don't have anymore) and now we finally have a great online with Sport mode I prefer spend my time in racing against others than in tuning.

I love the idea of jumping in an N200 car and go for a race. I don't want to select the race and think "oh no I don't have a short gearbox setup for this track ! I just have 2 minutes to try one before the race start !"... I see a lot of of frustration with tuning here.

just been doing some N100-N300 racing this afternoon. All i have seen so far is people detuning cars and using the one OP in each Class. I was in a N100 Class Room and everyone was using Peugeot RCz's that are detuned to N100 From N200. Then I had a N300 race, that was being won by a french fella, who was using the Toyota FT1 Concept, that was 5 seconds per lap faster then 2nd place. Does anyone fancy organising some N100-200 racing each week, with some basic rules and cars that are banned.

I would like more Sport Mode races with slower cars, the racing seems to be cleaner and more fun. I also want a new group that is slightly slower than Gr.4. Like touring cars I guess.

As for tuning I like that we all race on equal terms.

The only problem I see is it’s adding turning as well, is the potential of, let’s say a detuned LaFerrari to N400 and beating the cars in that group, or a highly tuned X-Bow winning every class going. The possibilities for exploits would be crazy.

If they were to fix the classes and make them more balanced, or as an above suggestion said and just give us a pool of cars to choose from, I would be well up for this.

The reason we only get Gr1/2/3/4 cars and one makes is because of balance.

just been doing some N100-N300 racing this afternoon. All i have seen so far is people detuning cars and using the one OP in each Class. I was in a N100 Class Room and everyone was using Peugeot RCz's that are detuned to N100 From N200. Then I had a N300 race, that was being won by a french fella, who was using the Toyota FT1 Concept, that was 5 seconds per lap faster then 2nd place. Does anyone fancy organising some N100-200 racing each week, with some basic rules and cars that are banned.
The only problem I see is it’s adding turning as well, is the potential of, let’s say a detuned LaFerrari to N400 and beating the cars in that group, or a highly tuned X-Bow winning every class going. The possibilities for exploits would be crazy.

If they were to fix the classes and make them more balanced, or as an above suggestion said and just give us a pool of cars to choose from, I would be well up for this.

The reason we only get Gr1/2/3/4 cars and one makes is because of balance.

Personally, I don't consider "tuning" to include adding or depleting power to move a car around to different classes.

They can simply lock BoP to balance a car at it's natural N-class. No up tuning or down tuning. Just suspension and transmission, etc, so N class tuning would be on equal footing as tuning any of the group cars. There's no time spent on adjusting the BoP of the N class cars because their is no competition for them and, consequently, no one whines about it.

If people never raced the Gr4 cars, the Megane would still be king of the hill.

It’s a lot easier to balance cars with tuning enabled imo, from various hours of testing I’ve done with GT3 cars for private championships I found cars to be a lot closer in the majority of tracks (2-3 tenths at max) with tuning enabled than off. Of course most of the times the fastest car changes for each track but that’s just because of the track characteristics that suit one car in particular. Best way to do it would be to make a different BoP for every track in game for every car with tuning enabled maybe it will take a while but with decent feedback from players themselves it could be possible.

I agree with what has been said here N class racing is great fun when the car specs are restricted, racing can be close and fun.

Check this out me and some friends ran a MX5 championship.

There are many kinds of racing, power and speeds does not make racing more enjoyable, look at F1 and how dull that has become.

There are plenty of people who would be interested in running low hp racing @poumpoum like me. The only issue with the N class like already has been said is that there is always one dominant car all the "sheep" use. I would love a one make series with the bmw 1989 with bop on and the stock power.

This looks awesome. How cannot join in?

Ha. I was in that lobby. Drove around at the back on my own in the Alpine most of the time. We’re you going sideways in a vette at one time?

I was, i had to boost the power thus making it underivable, though i think i may of been rammed too.
A French guy in a skyline drove me off the road on the home straight in one race and I always started from the back with a Saudi guy in front that never took part so I slammed in the back of him each time at the start.
I liked how the host started himself on pole every race.

Back