64 bit os

• Thread starter zack39
  • 11 comments
hi guys only my second post so go easy on mi!!.i down loaded ms 64 bit os a few days ago. got it up and running and every thing seemed ok untill i tryed to play games on it.i had all the 64bit drivers installed and down loaded the latest half life 2 (64bit updates same for doom and quake 4) but all the game's keep on crashing out, tried patching it up best i can but no luck..i was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem's ? and yes i do have a 64 bit processor!!..along with all the latest kit so the hardware is ok..any help and advice would b appreciated thx...

Der Alta
I'm hoping this discussion pertains to legally obtained software.

Word.

Exactly where did you download this Operating System? Last time I knew, 64 bit XP wasn't availible for open download, and Vista sure as hell isn't.

MachOne
Word.

Exactly where did you download this Operating System? Last time I knew, 64 bit XP wasn't availible for open download, and Vista sure as hell isn't.
Theres a trial version of x64 available for download, though.

Event

Oh, ok.

But, I still think it's wise to ask where he got this OS first, before answering questions. Promoting piracy is bad, Zack.

Event
There is indeed, this whole trial thing is the best thing Microsoft has done software wise for a while. Most games that have 64bit patches are still a work in process, its not like the games are built up for 64bit OS's.

MachOne
Oh, ok.

But, I still think it's wise to ask where he got this OS first, before answering questions. Promoting piracy is bad, Zack.
And we don't know he's done that, I'm sure he knows it's bad regardless of if he does it or not. It's not our place to point the finger, as said you can download 64bit OS's legally be it a trial version if that's the only way so far. Don't point the finger, if you don't want to answer until he says, then don't answer.

if you have a legal copy of windows you can go to microsoft..i think its in update.go there give your reg number cd key.then you can down load it off them for free..its like a 300 day trial offer.its well worth it as long as you don't play games lol...and i dont promote piracy...

zack39
if you have a legal copy of windows you can go to microsoft..i think its in update.go there give your reg number cd key.then you can down load it off them for free..its like a 300 day trial offer.its well worth it as long as you don't play games lol...and i dont promote piracy...
Glad to hear that, and it's nice to see MS going the next step.

zack39
I can play games fine with XP x64 ... Something else is up with your computer.

What is the advantage, playing games with XP x64 if you have a 64 bit processor????

Back