7 More Cars Added to GT Sport's PSN Store as Sony Lifts the Price Cap

I think PD's implementation of MTs has been on the lesser evil side, but this changes things.

I know we're getting a huge amount of free dlc (which is why I'm kinda willing to let this slide) -- but this step brings shines a major light on the economy.

For most cars in the game, the economy is not too bad, but these 20 million cars aren't attainable without a significant grind which is of no fun at all. I've yet to own one of these hyper expensive cars in my 200 hour plus of game time and this is frankly unacceptable.

These cars need to be given out as rewards for harder gt leagues and/or improve their chances of appearing in the daily rewards. This is papering over the cracks though. The economy is sadly something that major re-balancing or at least set the most expensive cars to be in the 6-7 million range.

If the economy had been up to scratch in the first place, then MTs wouldn't have been necessary at all. But we are dealing with the so-called "AAA" industry here, where publishers continue to push for unsustainable, exponential short-term growth in order to please the bean counters of shareholders and run into a blind panic when products sell below expectations.

It takes ten and a half hours of grinding blue moon bay for 20.000.000 credits
Which means you "work" for 2$ an hour (according to the price of 10$ for the 10 million credit car). Minimum wage here in Germany is more than 4 times higher.

alp
Grinding sucks for sure but paying for Gr.X cars? Not me; not for the mentioned prices and not for the current offline content.

This right there is the main argument against spending real money on cars. Unless you (for some reason) spend hours on end with offline races after completing all the campaign stuff, most of them will just sit in your garage unused for most of the time :guilty:

After paying the launch price I view the MT implementation as a slap in the face. I mean, GTS isn’t the only game out there and if I was expected to have only played GTS and ignore everything else in order to have accumulated enough credits 18 months later to feel somewhat accomplished to comfortably afford the cars I want that’s totally unrealistic.

Maybe if I waited to pick up the base game when it inevitably dropped in price (currently 20 bucks) I could see throwing some money at cars. But why should I after paying 60?

If they want to please someone like me that showed their support and shelled out the cash at release then MT should have a discounted price, or give a login bonus, higher payouts and/or an altered game economy. Those million credits I got for the limited edition didn’t get me that far, especially when the launch car list was so anemic. Wound up wasting it all.

So now that the game is worth paying attention to because the car list is actually interesting, I’ve got the task of investing an obscene amount of time to pay while playing or pay to play.

And I don’t even want or have any interest in the 20 mil cars. Maybe some of the 5, 10, 15 mil, but grinding is not worth the time, and I’m not contributing any more money.

They probably expect you to get them via daily workouts.
I won two P4’s and must have three or four X2014’s from daily workouts. This month won an F1 GTR day after buying it. The only cars I’m waiting for are the Ford MKIV & Cobra Coupe.

Not paying for them, either by credits or real money, but it always makes the roulette wheel quite exciting.

I know this is optional, but... no thanks PD. I'm used to grinding because I'm weird and I like grinding unless it's a luck-of-the-draw car reward.

Yes, let's not fix the in-game economy, justify the grinding, pretend PSN is an avenue of choice for fake rarity of digital cars. When Kaz is in a bubble of no challenges, he doesn't have to hear the voices of the community. :rolleyes:
That bubble isn't even transparent either.

It's interesting how they tried to avoid controversy when the "feature" was first introduced. Now that things have quited down let's make it 10 and soon it'll be 20m, as originally intented. I would have been fine with it if the economy wasn't broken, but I'm not sure I can keep turning left for the foreseeable future. It also doesn't help that old cars from GT6 get a huge bump in price, let's see if the 250 is going to get its price tripled tomorrow like the Cobra.

Purchase Order
Aston Martin DB3S CN.1 '53
$14.95
just purchased on my pc this it doesnt show up in the game nor in download list or download que so rang sony they said
First you’ll need to set your date and time correctly, so your PlayStation syncs with the Internet correctly, and restore your licenses

• Settings > Date and Time Settings > Set Using Internet > Set Now.
  • Settings > PlayStation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses.
  • You’ll then need to delete and reinstall your game, and rebuild your consoles database; you can do this by going to:

• Settings > Storage > System Storage > Applications – Select the game you want to delete and process “Options” on your controller, and select “Delete”
    • Turn your console off, and wait for all lights to remain off.
    • Press and hold the power button for 7 seconds, you’ll then see a screen asking you to "Connect the controller using the USB cable and press the PS button"
    • Connect your controller and select “Option 5: Rebuild Database”
  • done all this and still no car wtf and now that stupid disc ejecting in the middle off the game is back i have around 17,000,000 credits and was gonna use them to get the cars in the new update today this car cant be purchased on the ps4 yet only as credits so i tested purchase on ps4 with a ferrari it worked car in my garage immediatly hopefuly the Aston Martin DB3S CN.1 '53 is in my garage or dl que after the update this arvo

Not a good sign with respect to getting any new events or higher payouts in the campaign mode anytime soon or daily log in multiplier.
I would not mind something like a season pass for like $25 to $50 where you get access to new cars etc. I am not necessarily saying that you have instant access to them, but maybe instant loner access or you can purchase them for 25% of full price credits.

I have said this in the past, however xmas 2020 might decide to leave the playstation behind and GT and go fully PC route.

How many credits do you get if regularly if finish in the 4 or 6 place in daily sport or FIA is it anywhere close to comparable to grinding?

Apple is just entering the game market in earnest with AppleArcade and they understand the game industry better already!

"Apple went on to state that every game would be playable offline, while future game updates and DLC would be included at no extra cost. The games will be free of ads and microtransactions."

Meanwhile at Sony, they're dreaming up schemes to all but railroad remaining customers towards macrotransactions else they face mind numbing grind.

Apple is just entering the game market in earnest with AppleArcade and they understand the game industry better already!

"Apple went on to state that every game would be playable offline, while future game updates and DLC would be included at no extra cost. The games will be free of ads and microtransactions."

Meanwhile at Sony, they're dreaming up schemes to all but railroad remaining customers towards macrotransactions else they face mind numbing grind.

Apple is going for a monthly subscription service only though, which is bad for the game industry. Basically, you never really own the game, and even 6 years down the line you will still have to pay a subscription price just to play that game again. That sounds worse to me than anything we have now.

There's also this nasty insider tidbit on how Apple is going to approach paying their devs:

"pay devs based on how long users play the games"

which is basically just asking for devs to make a super grindy experience in any genre.

:nervous: No thanks.

Apple is going for a monthly subscription service only though, which is bad for the game industry. Basically, you never really own the game, and even 6 years down the line you will still have to pay a subscription price just to play that game again. That sounds worse to me than anything we have now.

There's also this nasty insider tidbit on how Apple is going to approach paying their devs:

"pay devs based on how long users play the games"

which is basically just asking for devs to make a super grindy experience in any genre.

:nervous: No thanks.
It's basically the same as PS Now.
You subscribe monthly and can stream PS2, PS3, and PS4 games to your PS4 or PC, or download and play PS2 and PS4 games offline.

That bubble isn't even transparent either.

Let's be honest here, these similar micro-transactions wouldn't fly for any other franchise. Look when Forza 5 tried to do the same. The fans voiced their anger on the forums/twitter, and it was immediately rectified by Turn 10. Same for Forza 7 and the VIP status. Alan Hartman had to issue a statement. Why? Because Forza has an official community with official social liaisons who talk to the devs. The fans spoke up. They have an outlet and listen (for the most part). Forza Horizon 4's playlist just changed after plenty of input.

Polyphony Digital has none of this in 2019 and it's a shame. As someone who lost his entire garage for no apparent reason, I would hate to grind for some of these expensive cars only to be lost. No official support system is in place for this either. A fix in the in-game economy or something new would solve the issue. But that's too much to ask right? He knows there is a grind, he created it afterall.

They probably expect you to get them via daily workouts.
i dont know. I’ve been spinning that wheel since October 2017 and still haven’t gotten any. Not every day mind you, but enough that I’m starting to feel bitter about the whole thing unfortunately.
I still retain a little hope though; once I finally get to $20 million, I’ll get a new grind for a change.
:dopey:
:(

It's basically the same as PS Now.
You subscribe monthly and can stream PS2, PS3, and PS4 games to your PS4 or PC, or download and play PS2 and PS4 games offline.

Sony and MS don't force that subscription model on you and allow you to actually buy and own each single game forever like the past though. PSNow costs $20 per month. You'd be paying more in the long run especially if there's only a few games you have time to play and continue to want to play years down the line.

Sony and MS don't force that subscription model on you and allow you to actually buy and own each single game forever like the past though. PSNow costs $20 per month. You'd be paying more in the long run especially if there's only a few games you have time to play and continue to want to play years down the line.
Yep, agreed.
If your subscription stops access to the games stop.

It's not something I'm personally interested in.
Each to their own I guess, but it's not for me.

Done, keep waiting for other unicorns.

27548f62415bc18af3f02f022b9cb20c.JPG

a71f1bffbdbae0f2ed9ad19aa44d9b18.JPG

In case somebody complains about the prices: Back in 2013, PD had the idea to implement Money for credits. This is how it would've looked like:

The PlayStation Store updated today with the prices for these. They are as follows:
  • 500,000 In-Game Credits (£3.99/€4.99)
  • 1 Million In-Game Credits (£7.99/€9.99)
  • 2,500,000 In-Game Credits (£15.99/€19.99)
  • 7 Million In-Game Credits (£39.99/€49.99)
Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-04-gran-turismo-6-microtransaction-pricing-revealed

So you have the option to pay real, hard earned money to get cars that are "given out" for free with the monthly DLCs? And people are actually doing that? And that doesn't sound stupid to anyone else? :confused:

So you have the option to pay real, hard earned money to get cars that are "given out" for free with the monthly DLCs? And people are actually doing that? And that doesn't sound stupid to anyone else? :confused:

Come on, I am trying to help everyone get the SPA as soon as possible :P (For GTSport)

Last edited:
Back