• Thread starter ekmatt9
  • 43 comments
Nice video .. :) kinda looked like you were understeering a bit and you missed a few link oppertunities otherwise it was good keep it up Drift On!!!!

:lol: Yeah, I'll keep Drifting on :) The car wasn't understeering at all, I was happy with the way the views actually came out because I don't like Drifting look "show" but just enough Drift to make it look good and enough to feel good while doing it. The quality sucked lol, but eh, it's my first vid. Maybe it'll get better eventually...Thanks for checking it out VTec 👍

i was plesently surprised, pretty good for a first try. Just remember what we talked about and they should come along in leaps and bounds

Thanks Specialized :) I'll try to progress and do better and better each time :D

Darkest_Hour, thanks dude for stopping by my thread. I'm glad some people actually like my drifting. My friend taught me in GT4 because of the physics, so I'm a lot better in GT3, but a bit rusty still.

Any more comments??

ok, i've watched the video. if you don't mind, matt, i'd like to say what I thought of it. These are just my personal opinions. If they offend you in any way, then I apologise.

First, I would say "Almost Good" rather than "Almost Perfect". I noticed that some of the drifts were either a bit shallow (not very sideways) or didn't last very long. But there were some drifts which were very good.

All I can say is keep practicing! Also, I recommend having a play with the setup on the car. Try using some setups posted here. Hopefully, you can find one which is good. I'm hoping to try and improve my drifting. I've got a BMW 330i with a setup I found. I can drift OK with it, but I find trying to balance the power with a DS2 is a little difficult. I should be better when I get my DFP, which will hopefully be soon.

All in all, good first attempt, but it could have been better. :)

Thanks Mike for stopping by. If I know any one who can almost pull perfect laps, it would definately be you :lol: I've seen all of your Drift For Pro vids, and they're awesome. BTW, nice drifting in your Vol. 4 one, but those settings are dangerous!! lol

And Nitro_2005, I wanted to name my video "Almost Perfect" because I had that Simple Plan song in my head at the time, and I was going for a certain style during the video also. I always tried drifting all my cars with big angles, but they're not all good. I loose control after. I'm looking forward into buying a DFP at all soon. As soon as PS3 comes and Logitech comes out with a new wheel, then I'll consider it. I don't mind waiting long at all. Thanks for stopping by dude :)

you drift really nice man, good vid, i admire your work, i am gonna drift with you online sometime and show ya how to be a great drifter, like me!* lol g2g, have fun with this, thats what really matters.

Uploaded on December 24, 2005
My Bimmer (4mins, 36seconds)​

Don't mind the quality of this video. I tried the "old film" effect and it made the video worse because the quality was bad to begin with :( I hope you all like this video this time. I am going to pick a brighter car next time because you couldn't see this one in the shadows...

NissanDrifter, thanks for checking my videos out :) I'm still new at making videos and drifting in a way, but it's okay. Once again, thanks.

TRi, thanks for stopping by. I tried to keep my speed up this time. I had N3's on that car but it kept gripping half way in the drift. So I tried N2's, almost same result, then N1's worked great because I found out how much easier I got the car to slide in certain corners...Thanks man.

ekmatt9
Check out my videos, all of them are in order from newest to oldest. Please enjoy :) Oh, and please comment :D

Uploaded on December 24, 2005
My Bimmer (4mins, 36seconds)

Uploaded December 20, 2005
Almost Perfect (3mins, 38seconds)​
Wow you been to the future. I watch the vids later.

Glad to see that the videos are working out, Matt.
Just watched Your Bimmer, and it looks great. Much better than me.

Awesome!! :lol: Thanks for coming to visit my videos Vonie :) I'm glad you liked it. I'm not as good as I thought I was. I have to practice more and more now to hang with the rest of the fella's here :lol:

Haha, thanks man. I'll do it for my next video. If I do another "Quick Lap", before I finish, I'll turn on the time and show you all :lol: Once again, thank you :)

ekmatt9
Haha, thanks man. I'll do it for my next video. If I do another "Quick Lap", before I finish, I'll turn on the time and show you all :lol: Once again, thank you :)
Nah it's just I like to compair myself to others (hard to do with the display off).

The lap on SSR5 is not bad. Though I can see that GT4 doesn't help much to get realistic line to make the replay look better. You got a very good control with the controller. 👍

all i have seen so far is the blue wonder vid. dont worry, i'll see the rest. But i like the vid (not that godforsaken noise playing over it), nice car, nice track, good drifts. I noticed we screw up the same crap, but very nice drifting man, keep em coming.

Back