SRC-Spec Racing Club Presents "The Roadster Cup" - Season 3 Finished * Summer Break* Back soon for Season 4.Open 

• Thread starter coxbox
  • 411 comments

Best day to race on?

• Total voters
Livery done! Hope it meets the specifications. I used the novice one. Please let me know if anything needs to be changed.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220523221159.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220523221207.jpg

I gotta say those civics look fun. Perhaps a good car for next season?

I was going to suggest at some point perhaps doing a Civic one make race for a following season. We could use the EK9 civic type r, would be a little more power than the golfs but nothing crazy, and otherwise the rules regarding parts could be pretty much the same.
They have run a real life Civic One Make Race in Japan for years, have a look.

I have to go to work now so feel free to have a look at how close we can get the cars.

This is the one I originally planned to do https://www.750mc.co.uk/formulae/MX5-Cup.htm

Last edited:
That would be great, the cars should be somewhat level if there are power/weight restrictions.

Could do a special event with some GT4/higher powered sports cars to get something like roadsports.

That would be great, the cars should be somewhat level if there are power/weight restrictions.

Could do a special event with some GT4/higher powered sports cars to get something like roadsports.
I had a play around tonight and got all of the above cars to 175bhp/Tonne and gave them all the same gear ratios. some cars were so much faster than others. Trying to keep racing level and fair would be a problem, it would end up like sports mode with everyone in the same cars.

I had a play around tonight and got all of the above cars to 175bhp/Tonne and gave them all the same gear ratios. some cars were so much faster than others. Trying to keep racing level and fair would be a problem, it would end up like sports mode with everyone in the same cars.
Ah, that's a shame. As you say everyone would gravitate towards the fastest available to have any chance which kind of defeats the purpose.

as a concept, i would love to have a series where multiple cars are very even in performance, but in reality its going to take a lot of work on someones behalf to trial and error the rules, regulate it etc etc. In reality you might get 2 or 3 cars quite even, but as soon as people see that one car has a slight advantage, you either have to hold that car back more or everyone just jumps in the faster car. Its exactly what happens in the group 3 & 4 daily races, everyone ends up in the same car.

At least one make races with minimal set up differences allow for close racing, with no arguments that car performance makes the difference. We can just swap to a new car each season with perhaps a change in drivetrain and power differences here and there, as some people may be faster in RWD or 4WD for example.

as a concept, i would love to have a series where multiple cars are very even in performance, but in reality its going to take a lot of work on someones behalf to trial and error the rules, regulate it etc etc. In reality you might get 2 or 3 cars quite even, but as soon as people see that one car has a slight advantage, you either have to hold that car back more or everyone just jumps in the faster car. Its exactly what happens in the group 3 & 4 daily races, everyone ends up in the same car.

At least one make races with minimal set up differences allow for close racing, with no arguments that car performance makes the difference. We can just swap to a new car each season with perhaps a change in drivetrain and power differences here and there, as some people may be faster in RWD or 4WD for example.

100% Agree with this. I would like to continue to race this golf though, we can always add more leagues on other days though.

Not enough room in the lobby for 3 different classes of cars unfortunately. I would personally stick to the MK1 golf this season then possibly change the car for the next season or run to separate classes in their own respective lobbies

It wasn't necessarily the idea to run 3 different classes in one lobby, it was to run 3 cars that fit the same class and having them balanced in one race.
But i believe the consensus as you mention is to just stick to single model championships, and potentially have a few different championships running on different days, or each season change to something new.

It's definitely possible to fit 3 or 4 different cars into one class with a custom BoP, but it'll take a lot of testing. There's also no way to get the cars completely equal at all tracks, so to prevent people from meta gaming the races you could lock people into their first choice of car, and limit the cars available to ensure some variety in the grid.

I was in a touring car championship in which I chose the BMW 320 touring car whilst others took the FF cars... What a mistake to suffer a season with, the car was terrible without any setup etc, of course this was in PC2... If stipulating a rule locking the driver to one car only for that season, I would advise testing the car before committing to it 🤣🤣🤣

Just as well, I prefer one make races.
Maybe this would be a different series, but you can reduce the pool of cars to choose from, and then force everybody to use a different car in each of the 2 rounds of that day. If some cars are slightly worse than others, this also works like ballast (kind of).
Or maybe only the top 3 or 5 need to swap cars. Surely it gets more involved than a one make, so the entry barrier is raised.

I think anyone using the default steering sensitivity setting for controllers (3 I think) would likely be quicker and less prone to running wide by increasing it. You may well then find it easier to fine tune your suspension. Default setting is a bit "driving Miss Daisy".

Also wondering why the most recent races were really laggy - at least for some of us. If it would help, I could host the lobby on my 150Mb fiber connection.

Also wondering why the most recent races were really laggy - at least for some of us. If it would help, I could host the lobby on my 150Mb fiber connection.
I expect it has something to do with the last update, every lobby I've been in since has had the same issue, with only the host being unaffected by the jittery car disease.

Back