$750K for Jay Kay's "Cosmic Girl" Lamborghini Diablo

Is the price in anyway related to it being a former JayKay car or is this just the typical price for a Diablo?

Is the price in anyway related to it being a former JayKay car or is this just the typical price for a Diablo?

Hard to find other recent prices for other SE30's. Other Diablos of the era are advertised from £100k - £250k for an SV. £550k seems steep. It's not like Jay Kay - or Jamiroquai are particularly cool (or ever were) so i don't see why the connection would add much value to it.

Hard to find other recent prices for other SE30's. Other Diablos of the era are advertised from £100k - £250k for an SV. £550k seems steep. It's not like Jay Kay - or Jamiroquai are particularly cool (or ever were) so i don't see why the connection would add much value to it.
Jay Kay would add value to this because of his rep in the U.K. and Asia, but the price of this seems high.

It's not like Jay Kay - or Jamiroquai are particularly cool (or ever were) so i don't see why the connection would add much value to it.

He also hasn't been relevant since the 90's.

But seeing that there are plenty of collectors who orgasm over cars owned by "famous" people, I can see this thing going for that price.

His rep? - most people think he's a tosser.

He's still managed to move records in the 90s and early 2000s. This isn't a major celebrity for sure but he has some regional notoriety in parts of the globe and is a noted car collector and enthusiast.

They're banking on Jay Kay's name.

For the money being asked; you're knocking on the door of the greatest Diablo ever built, the GT. There is one currently available for around 620k GBP.

I can't see this one moving at that price. Beyond his name, there's nothing special about it and the article says it was damaged. Even Rod Stewart had a Miura that had SV upgrades applied to it and it never exceeded Miura trade values. In fact, I think this is the same dealer that sold it as well.

I can't see this one moving at that price. Beyond his name, there's nothing special about it and the article says it was damaged. Even Rod Stewart had a Miura that had SV upgrades applied to it and it never exceeded Miura trade values. In fact, I think this is the same dealer that sold it as well.

Keep in mind that we live in a time where a Mitsubishi Evo goes for 130K.

Keep in mind that we live in a time where a Mitsubishi Evo goes for 130K.
That is true but it's obvious mileage played a big factor.

I haven't seen the mileage on Jay's but unless his name means something, it's asking far too much. The only SE30s I could see commanding $750,000 are the original Jotas.

The 'added value' isn't because it's Jay Kay's car. It's because it's the Cosmic Girl car - the video for the song features the car extensively, along with Nick Mason's F40. It's a famous car, rather than a car with a famous owner.

Wasn't this the car he drove without the windscreen fitted in the music video?

That car is certainly not worth that much. In that colour it would actually be worth less than a yellow one!

Wasn't this the car he drove without the windscreen fitted in the music video?

That car is certainly not worth that much. In that colour it would actually be worth less than a yellow one!
Colors don't play a role in SE30 values; they're already rare as is and very, very few are on the market at once. But funny enough, the examples that have been available the longest are non-purple ones.

Latest Posts

Back