900 Degree Drifting ?

• Thread starter randum
  • 12 comments
You mean the DFP? Anyways I've read about people using it... (It doesn't mean your turning it 900 degrees!!) Read the DFP thread I think some talk about it there...

Of course, if your cars wants to get out of control, you must use full lock, and that is 900 degrees.

animateria
It doesn't mean your turning it 900 degrees!!
what do u mean? I have DFP, If u turn the wheel full to left, then from there to full right you've turned the wheel 2 and a half time around = 900 degree :boggled:

If u turn the wheel full to left, then from there to full right you've turned the wheel 2 and a half time around = 900 degree

Actually no, as I understand it. Isn't it 900 degrees total rotation? That would mean about a turn and a quarter in either direction from the center.

Red Raevyn
Actually no, as I understand it. Isn't it 900 degrees total rotation? That would mean about a turn and a quarter in either direction from the center.

Exactly, if you're at center you can turn 450 degrees left or 450 degrees right. If you go from full lock left to full lock right, then it's 900 degrees.

I'm sure there's probably a sensitivity setting though that'll get you to full lock in less than that though.

I'm used to drifting in Live For speed, using 900 mode. And gt4 has more forgiving and responsive physics. You dont have to turn in that much and countersteering isnt really that hard once you get used to it. I'm used to spinning the wheel fast. once you get used to it its not hard. Its awsome that with the new physics even a stock trueno with n2 tires is able to drift pretty well on some tight turns unlike gt3. dirfting 4 wheel drive cars is also a treat. :)

When you're drifting in the 900 degree mode in GT4, does the wheel spin the direction of the slide? Or, do you have to manually turn the wheel in the direction of the slide?

Gabkicks
You dont have to turn in that much and countersteering isnt really that hard once you get used to it. I'm used to spinning the wheel fast. once you get used to it its not hard.

:word:
Practice rally at Tahiti Maze and you'll be amazed at how well you adapt to really cranking in the steering lock quickly. :)

240drift
When you're drifting in the 900 degree mode in GT4, does the wheel spin the direction of the slide? Or, do you have to manually turn the wheel in the direction of the slide?

Honestly, I don't remember. I'm usually too busy imposing my will on the wheel to pay attention to what it is actually trying to do... :lol:

when the car starts to oversteer, the wheel usually spins in the opposite direction, or it goes limp/ less resistance in the opposite direction. Omg, lol drifting would be interesting if it spun in the same direction you were sliding.

Back