• 150 comments

Grimm6Jack

(Banned)
Portugal
Setubal, Portugal
Grimm66Jack
*As of 06/01/2023:

Gran Turismo 7:

-Total Credit Earnings during Campaign (includes every single event that the player wins/golds once): 77.493.500 Cr.
-Value of all Guaranteed Prize Cars: 22.260.738 Cr.
-Total Cost of all Cars: 489.437.905 Cr.
-Amount of Credits needed to get all of the remaining cars through grinding: 389.683.667 Cr.

-Best Credit Grind Method:
World Touring Car 600 - Tokyo Expressway - South Counterclockwise: 825.000 Cr. In 26 minutes = 1.904.000 Cr. In 1 hour
-Grind Time: 205 Hours

-Average Price per car: 1.078.057 Cr.
-Most Expensive car: 20.000.000 Cr.
-Time needed to purchase each car: 00:33:58 Hours
-Time needed to purchase the most expensive car: 10:30:15 Hours

-Total Race Distance during Campaign (only includes races): 4.471 km
-Total Races: 169
-Total Events (races, driving missions, licenses, etc): 321
-Total Cars: 454
-Total Tracks: 66

Gran Turismo 6: (no Anniversary/Stealth/Base models) (seasonal events are not taken into account aside from the best grinding method)

-Total Credit Earnings during Campaign: 25.197.200 Cr. (when the servers were online, this value could be 2x more)
-Value of all Guaranteed Prize Cars (all Premium Cars): 25.637.280 Cr.
-Total Cost of all Premium Cars: 329.203.012 Cr.
-Total Cost of all Standard Cars: 192.088.990 Cr.
-Amount of Credits needed to get all of the remaining Premium cars through grinding: 278.368.532 Cr.
-Amount of Credits needed to get all of the remaining cars through grinding: 470.457.612 Cr.

Red Bull X2014 Standard Championship - Doing 4 Races (skip one of the longer races) and winning the championship = 1.012.000 Cr. in ~15 minutes = 4.048.000 Cr. in 1 hour (when the servers were online, this value could be 2x more)
-Grind Time (Premium Cars Only): 68.8 Hours
-Grind Time (All Cars): 116.2 Hours
-Grind Time (Game's Prime - Premium Cars Only): 31.3 Hours
-Grind Time (Game's Prime - All Cars): 55 Hours

-Average Price per car (Premium): 789.456 Cr.
-Average Price per car (All): 429.754 Cr.
-Time needed to purchase each car (Current state - Premium): 00:11:42 Hours
-Time needed to purchase each car (Current state - All): 00:06:22 Hours
-Time needed to purchase each car (Prime - Premium): 00:05:51 Hours
-Time needed to purchase each car (Prime - All): 00:03:11 Hours
-Time needed to purchase the most expensive car (Current): 04:56:26 Hours
-Time needed to purchase the most expensive car (Prime): 02:28:13 Hours

-Total Race Distance during Campaign: 3.774 km
-Total Races: 215
-Total Events: 269
-Total Cars: 417 (Only Premiums)
-Total Cars: 1213
-Total Tracks: 79

Gran Turismo 5: (no Anniversary/Stealth/Base models) (seasonal events are not taken into account aside from the best grinding method)

-Total Credit Earnings during Campaign: 19.731.000 Cr. (A-Spec) / 7.076.000 Cr. (B-Spec) - Combined: 26.807.000 Cr. (when the servers were online, this value could be 2x more)
-Value of all Guaranteed Premium Prize Cars: 69.540.477 Cr.
-Value of all Guaranteed Standard Prize Cars: 76.756.797 Cr.
-Value of all Guaranteed Prize Cars: 146.297.274 Cr.
-Total Cost of all Premium Cars: 249.891.067 Cr.
-Total Cost of all Standard Cars: 272.950.327 Cr.
-Total Cost of all Cars: 522.841.394 Cr.
-Amount of Credits needed to get all of the remaining Premium cars through grinding: 153.543.590 Cr.
-Amount of Credits needed to get all of the remaining cars through grinding: 349.737.120 Cr.

(Non Seasonal Grind)American Championship - Indianapolis: 97.600 Cr. in 4 minutes = 1.464.000 Cr. in 1 hour (when the servers were online, this value could be 2x more)
(Seasonal Grind) Expert Level Ferrari Formula Challenge - Nurburgring 24h: 2.394.556 Cr. in ~14 minutes = 10.262.383 Cr in 1 hour
-Grind Time (Premium Cars Only): 104.9 Hours
-Grind Time (All Cars): 238.9 Hours
-Grind Time (Game's prime - No seasonal grind - Premium Cars only): 43.3 Hours
-Grind Time (Game's prime - No seasonal grind - All cars): 110.3 Hours
-Grind Time (Game's prime - Seasonal grind - Premium Cars only): 12.6 Hours
-Grind Time (Game's prime - Seasonal grind - All cars): 31.5 Hours

-Average Price per car (Premium): 935.922 Cr.
-Average Price per car (All): 485.461 Cr.
-Time needed to purchase each car (Current state - Premium): 00:38:21 Hours
-Time needed to purchase each car (Current state - All): 00:19:53 Hours
-Time needed to purchase each car (Prime - No Seasonal - Premium): 00:19:10 Hours
-Time needed to purchase each car (Prime - No Seasonal - All): 00:09:56 Hours
-Time needed to purchase each car (Prime - Seasonal - Premium): 00:05:28 Hours
-Time needed to purchase each car (Prime - Seasonal - All): 00:02:50 Hours
-Time needed to purchase the most expensive car (Current): 13:39:40 Hours
-Time needed to purchase the most expensive car (Prime - No Seasonal): 06:49:50 Hours
-Time needed to purchase the most expensive car (Prime - Seasonal): 01:56:55 Hours

-Total Race Distance during Campaign: 16.476 km (A-Spec) + 18.837 km (B-Spec) - Combined: 35.313 km
-Total Races: 127 (A-Spec) + 127 (B-Spec) - Combined: 254
-Total Events: 372
-Total Premium Cars: 267
-Total Cars: 1077
-Total Tracks: 56

Gran Turismo 4:

-Total Credit Earnings during Campaign: 18.229.100 Cr.
-Value of all Guaranteed Prize Cars: 12.393.910 Cr.
-Total Cost of all Cars: 111.405.275 Cr.
-Amount of Credits needed to get all of the remaining cars through grinding: 80.782.265 Cr.

Deutsche Touring Car Meistershaft - Doing 4 Races (skip one of the longer races) in B-Spec and winning the championship and selling the prize car = 878.750 Cr. In ~12 minutes = 4.393.750 Cr. In 1 Hour
-Grind Time: 18.4 Hours

-Average Price per car: 154.301 Cr.
-Most Expensive car: 4.500.000 Cr.
-Time needed to purchase each car: 00:02:06 Hours
-Time needed to purchase the most expensive car: 01:01:27 Hours

-Total Race Distance during Campaign: 35.375 km (yes, it's that long)
-Total Races: 522
-Total Events: 636
-Total Cars: 722
-Total Tracks: 50

Gran Turismo 3:

-Total Credit Earnings during Campaign: 11.126.150 Cr.
-Value of all Guaranteed Prize Cars: 8.767.900 Cr.
-Total Cost of all Cars: 21.621.120 Cr.
-Amount of Credits needed to get all of the remaining cars through grinding: N/A

-Best Credit Grind Method: N/A
-Grind Time: Depends entirely on RNG.*

-Average Price per car: 121.467 Cr.
-Most Expensive car: 2.000.000 Cr.
-Time needed to purchase each car: N/A
-Time needed to purchase the most expensive car: N/A

-Total Race Distance during Campaign: 13.198 km
-Total Races: 161
-Total Events: 253
-Total Cars: 178
-Total Tracks: 19

Gran Turismo 2:

-Total Credit Earnings during Campaign: 5.266.000 Cr.
-Value of all Guaranteed Prize Cars: 73.550 Cr.
-Total Cost of all Cars: 59.631.050 Cr.
-Amount of Credits needed to get all of the remaining cars through grinding: 54.291.500 Cr.

Gran Turismo All Stars - Red Rock Valley Speedway: Winning the event and selling the prize car: 550.000 Cr. In 6~Minutes = 5.500.000 Cr. In 1 Hour
-Grind Time: 9.9 Hours - Also depends on RNG*

-Average Price per car: 98.077 Cr
-Most Expensive car: 2.000.000 Cr.
-Time needed to purchase each car: 00:01:02 Hours
-Time needed to purchase the most expensive car: 00:21:49 Hours

-Total Race Distance during Campaign: 3.225 km*
-Total Races: 195
-Total Events: 277
-Total Cars: 608
-Total Tracks: 29

Gran Turismo 1:

-Total Credit Earnings during Campaign: 2.301.500 Cr.
-Value of all Guaranteed Prize Cars: 561.920 Cr.
-Total Cost of all Cars: 6.335.560 Cr.
-Amount of Credits needed to get all of the remaining cars through grinding: 3.472.140 Cr.

Normal Car World Speed Contest - Doing 4 Races (skip SSR11 which is the longest race) and winning the championship = 340.000 Cr. in ~25 minutes = 816.000 Cr. In 1 Hour
-Grind Time: 4.3 Hours - Also depends on RNG*

-Average Price per car: 39.597 Cr.
-Most Expensive car: 500.000 Cr.
-Time needed to purchase each car: 00:02:52 Hours
-Time needed to purchase the most expensive car: 00:36:45 Hours

-Total Race Distance during Campaign: 1.194 km
-Total Races: 59
-Total Events: 119
-Total Cars: 160
-Total Tracks: 11

Gran Turismo Games ranked from lowest to highest time to grind to collect cars:

0. Gran Turismo 3: ?*
1. Gran Turismo 1: 4.3 Hours*
2. Gran Turismo 2: 9.9 Hours*
3. Gran Turismo 5 Prime (Seasonal Grind - Only Premium Cars): 12.4 Hours
4. Gran Turismo 4: 18.4 Hours
5. Gran Turismo 6 Prime (Only Premium Cars): 31.3 Hours
6. Gran Turismo 5 Prime (Seasonal Grind - All Cars): 31.5 Hours
7. Gran Turismo 5 Prime (No Seasonal Grind - Only Premium Cars): 43.3 Hours
8. Gran Turismo 6 Prime (All Cars): 55 Hours
9. Gran Turismo 6 Current (Only Premium Cars): 68.8 Hours
10. Gran Turismo 5 Current (Only Premium Cars): 104.9 Hours
11. Gran Turismo 5 Prime (No Seasonal Grind - All Cars): 110.3 Hours
12. Gran Turismo 6 Current (All Cars): 116.2 Hours
13. Gran Turismo 7: 200.9 Hours
14. Gran Turismo 5 (Current state - All Cars): 238.9 Hours
15. Gran Turismo 7 (1.07 Update): More than 418.8 Hours

Important Notes:

-Tuning cars to get past certain events was not factored in because... it would take a criminal amount of time and effort to do so. But that still changes nothing, because it would only make GT7's grind even worse as the tuning is generally more expensive than in the other games and more events require cars being tuned as well.

-The total race count excludes every single event that is not listed as a race. For example, the driving missions in Gran Turismo 4 that involve 3 laps races to overtake the AI, did not count for this, likewise, the Gran Turismo 7 race missions (24 minutes of Le Mans and all of the "The Human Comedy" missions for example) were not included.

-I used race distance as a measure stick for the lenght of the campaign because time depends on the players skill level. For the races that don't have a set distance (laps), like the Timed Endurance Races (24hr Le Mans for example), the amount of laps used to calculate the "race distance" for that particular race, was the laps needed to beat the fastest AI. For example in Gran Turismo 5, the fastest AI in the 24 Hr Le Mans Race can do 387 laps, so 387 was used to calculate the "race distance", in this case it's 387 (laps) x the track lenght, which in this particular case was the La Sarthe 2009 (13.662 m) which gives us a total race distance of 5.287 km.
This same "race distance during campaign" does not include any of the distance done in driving missions, licenses, or any event that is not listed as an actual race. Though, I can arrange in the future to add these, IF they at least include a full lap around a track. I won't be counting any distance that is only measured across a single track section like the licenses tests and some of the missions for example.

-About 60 million credits of the total earnings in the GT7 campaign were added via updates in Gran Turismo 7 (after a huge outrage from the playerbase).
-PD slashed down the credit earnings in the very first update, to the point where the maximum credit grind method was less than 1 million per hour (they reverted on this decision as well for the same reason above). This was in Updated 1.07.
-The tendency is for the grind to get worse with GT7 given the constant price increase of the Legendary Cars and the addition of new cars that add to the cost, as the other games are finished.

-Gran Turismo 5 Seasonal events total earnings:
Which surpasses the credits needed to grind for the remaining cars, plus there's also a lot of expensive prize cars from those seasonals that also help a lot, some of which are 10-20 million credit cars. So Gran Turismo 5, across its 4 years of support, technically wouldn't need any grinding for cars and even XP. This however assumes the player would play the game during those 4 years, which is not realistic for the majority of people, so I didn't take the seasonals into account as a whole, but I did take it's best grinding method which drastically reduced the time needed for such.

-Gran Turismo 4 and 5 can have the grind eased up because of B-Spec mode.

-*Gran Turismo 3 is a bit more unique in the time and ways it takes to grind cars. There are 29 missable cars that have to be won from certain championships or endurance races. It's possible to win them as we progress through the campaign, but there are a few of them that are required to repeat an event to win them. As those events are repeated, we gain enough credits to buy the remaining cars, with plenty to spare, as we also get quite a few duplicates that can be sold for a considerable amount.
A minimum estimate for the time it will take to grind these cars will be updated in the future.

-*Gran Turismo 2, much like Gran Turismo 3, also has a few missable cars where we have to repeat certain endurances or championships to win them, so the overall time to grind is considerably more. Much like GT3, a minimum estimate time to grind those cars will be updated.
-*Gran Turismo 2 total race distance during campaign is not completely accurate because some events from the game (manufacturer events) have random generated tracks instead of specific ones to complete them. So the distance can be variable. I decided to go with the smalest track for a minimum distance required to do the campaign.

-*Gran Turismo 1, much like Gran Turismo 2 and 3, also has a few missable cars where we have to repeat certain endurances of championships to win them. The events however are much less repeatable because instead of a potential 4 cars we can win in an event like GT2 and GT3, in GT1 we only have 2 (50% chance each). A minimum estimate time to grind those cars will be updated.

To those people that think that it's tedius to grind in GT7, and have the feeling that it takes forever to grind to get anything in this game... That's because it actually is.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo Games - Car List.xlsx
    451.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Gran Turismo Games - Events.xlsx
    397.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Gran Turismo Games - Track List.xlsx
    24.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Gran Turismo Games - Time to Grind.xlsx
    13.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Pretty sure GT4 must be a lot more than that, I remember it being quite long and hard to get everything.

PS: GT6 had some bug at the start which made everything extremely easy...

Gran Turismo 1: Normal Car Cup with Viper GTS (400,000 credits per 40 minutes)
Gran Turismo 2: All-Stars Red Rock Valley race with Escudo (550,000 credits per ~6 minutes)

Pretty sure GT4 must be a lot more than that, I remember it being quite long and hard to get everything.

GT4 there was a series you could b-spec in like 15-20 minutes where you sell the car and make over 800k

I love how people do hard work calculating things and you always come back with a retort "Well I'm pretty sure it's wrong" whilst providing zero workings yourself.

GT4 is long, but that's just because there is so much stuff to do once. That isn't grinding. Grinding is repeating the same events over and over because you've finished everything once.

Last edited:
I updated the OP with more in depth on how I reached those numbers, including adding the best grinding method (with no exploits) and also added more information about the total content of each game, including all the races, events and the total distance needed to complete all of the campaign races (once).

So, if GT7 had fewer high-value cars, it would be better?

No... GT7 would need better paying events. Its best grinding event is just barely above a dead GT5 game with no online bonus... And over half as good as GT4 and GT6 while having 2 to 4x more "car value" to get.

Last edited:
1.9M per hour can be considered as low, but honestly I'm fine with it. The main (and huge) problem is the lack of events and diversity...
I mean, we should have a WTC LeMans like for each big circuit (Nurb, Interlagos, Monza, Mount Panorama...). I'm seriously tired to do the same race.
Or at the very least, give us the opportunity to grind the Human Comedy mission (8 1.2M credit missions repetable would solve some problem for a few weeks/months...)

Last edited:
1.9M per hour can be considered as low, but honestly I'm fine with it. The main (and huge) problem is the lack of events and diversity...
I mean, we should have a WTC LeMans like for each big circuit (Nurb, Interlagos, Monza, Mount Panorama...). I'm seriously tired to do the same race.
Or at the very least, give us the opportunity to grind the Human Comedy mission (8 1.5M credit missions repetable would solve some problem for a few weeks/months...)

Yes, that's also a big problem, not having enough races for some variety.

BTW, the missions pay 1.2 million each for gold.

thank god for the engine/roulette glitch the other month.

although I assume the tomohwawk script thing still works? (haven't heard it mentioned at all for months now, so maybe its no longer an option...).

Really, the OP has documented what they have found in quite a bit of detail...
Okay I didn't really do farming in GT4
If you didnt do B-Spec (like me) it was not easy nor fast
...oh I see, you've just ignored what they posted to attempt a retort using anecdotal evidence that utterly ignores the very point they were making.

...oh I see, you've just ignored what they posted to attempt a retort using anecdotal evidence that utterly ignores the very point they were making.

Truth be told, I did edit the OP a few moments ago, but he really should've taken the hint with all the numbers there in the first place. lol

This really highlights the lack of balance in GT7, and why people are miffed with the length of time it takes along with the amount of grinding, to buy the more expensive cars. I just don't find the time worth it anymore, I haven't booted GT7 up since the last update when I spent about 30 minutes completing the new races. I don't even think I'll bother doing that this time around unless the races seem particularly interesting.

GT7 really is a big unbalanced mess of a game.

Unfortunately I've already wasted so much time grinding Tokyo, Le Mans and Sardegna now that even if they add more races with similar payouts (which the game aboslutely needed months ago), I'm not sure it would rekindle my interest at this point. Here's hoping to an update in the future than can do that.
Gran Turismo 2: All-Stars Red Rock Valley race with Escudo (550,000 credits per ~6 minutes)
GT1 had the lowest Cr per hour payouts of any GT game, however it is also relative to the costs of the cars in GT1. The most expensive cars were 500,000Cr and there were only 6 of those, the next most expensive car I believe was around 100k and was a Honda NSX.

Last edited:

I remember for sure that the best in GT2 was RRV where you win a Speed 12 and sell it for 500k. However, the car I used there, and IMO was the fastest, was the GT-One, even better than the Escudo I think. Just over 5 minutes.

I don't remember the best grinding events in GT1 or GT3 though. So I appreciate you posting this. I don't remember GT3 being that grindy either other than the roulette cars (same as GT2), which thinking about it, is going to make things harder to calculate... But hey, at least GT2 and GT3 allow you to win the roulette cars more than once. In GT7 you win it once and that's that lol.

Last edited:
@Grimm6Jack
An interesting post and I started to write a reply earlier. Had to pop out, so I just posted a question.

The cost/value of the cars plays an important factor in your calculation. If a few of the most expensive cars were removed or significantly reduced in price, then your results would change drastically. But the quality of the game would not feel very much different.

I do not have the time or motivation but I wonder about the time it would take to complete the events in each version of Gran Turismo. There is a formula here, where a calculation of the time taken to complete the content and then compared to something like the average cost per car. Basically, a way to say which version of GT has the most interesting, and varied events. And how much of the content can be acquired.

However, one person's perception of game depth will vary from another. GT7 feels like a much smaller game to me than GT Sport, simply because I spent so much time online, and making liveries in GT Sport. Whereas the few times I tried to play GT7 online, I had connection issues or didn't enjoy the race. Not made so many liveries, but I've finally worked out how to transfer liveries from one account (that I haven't used much) to the one I now do. (I moved countries).

GT7 feels small and incomplete and the drip feed of new content hasn't so far changed my perception. There are two many parts of the game that create negative feelings, rather than the fun and entertainment that a game should provide.

@Grimm6Jack
An interesting post and I started to write a reply earlier. Had to pop out, so I just posted a question.

The cost/value of the cars plays an important factor in your calculation. If a few of the most expensive cars were removed or significantly reduced in price, then your results would change drastically. But the quality of the game would not feel very much different.
Not really, compare with GT4 for example, the most expensive cars you could buy in GT4 were less than 1/4 what they are in GT7 and at the same time you could earn Cr 2.3 times as fast as you can in GT7. So you effectively would have to drop the price of the most of the most expensive cars to 1.9m Cr to make the current earnings comparable to GT4 or increase the maximum earnings per hour as well as reduce the maximum cost per car to 4.5m Cr.

@Grimm6Jack
I do not have the time or motivation but I wonder about the time it would take to complete the events in each version of Gran Turismo. There is a formula here, where a calculation of the time taken to complete the content and then compared to something like the average cost per car. Basically, a way to say which version of GT has the most interesting, and varied events. And how much of the content can be acquired.
The obvious answer here would be GT4, it has the most events and races of all the games in the Gran Turismo series excluding modded games.

@Grimm6Jack
However, one person's perception of game depth will vary from another. GT7 feels like a much smaller game to me than GT Sport, simply because I spent so much time online, and making liveries in GT Sport. Whereas the few times I tried to play GT7 online, I had connection issues or didn't enjoy the race. Not made so many liveries, but I've finally worked out how to transfer liveries from one account (that I haven't used much) to the one I now do. (I moved countries).
Indeed, we're seeing a very clear gulf in perception with GT7 with some people calling it the worst game in the series and some calling it the best. For me it's far from the worst, but it's a definite contender for the most dissapointing.

@Grimm6Jack
many parts of the game that create negative feelings, rather than the fun and entertainment that a game should provide.
I agree with this, the game felt incomplete at launch and still does, I get the feeling content was deliberately held back to allow for this drip feeding of new events. But they should have released a fully fledged single player career and then simply added to that.

Last edited:
-Gran Turismo 4 and 5 can have the grind eased up because of B-Spec mode.
One thing to note, GT5 also has the opposite problem where you have to grind to unlock all the campaign because of the level gating system. Getting to Level 40 without seasonal events is going to be super grindy. Even if it's 10k xp per race in the American Championship I'm not sure 1600 races is enough to get you to Lv.40 because the last few levels are multiple million xp each.

I'm pretty sure GT5 is the odd duck out where you'd afford all the cars way before you unlocked all the content if you were grinding. Not that that's better or anything, it's just a different sort of dumb.
It would if you were interested in actually driving those cars.
I’ll take the grinding over an 18-yr old game and/or games that are two console generations old.
I'll take none of the above, thanks.

Honestly, if it was revealed that EA had secretly taken over PD to develop GT7 I would not be remotely surprised. It really is that badly designed.
They could add a buttload more races, tons more credits - for winning said races (which are also repeatable) - and have a deliriously happy fan base as a result. And yet, they can't be bothered.

Last edited:
I would rather play this one than any of those, but it is sad how easy it would be for PD to add a zero here and there to the pay outs and add some more events to make this game great yet they don’t.
I agree.How hard would it be to up the payouts for all the races but some of the 10,12 lap races increase the payout to the same as the 3 high earners?

It doesn't seem a particularly objective comparison if a large proportion of the cars in GT5 & 6 have been removed before comparing.
Agreed. It's only 243 premiums out of 1074 total in GT5's case. That's a lot of extra grinding!

Back