A British Touring Car Championship Game is Coming in 2021, Succeeds Original TOCA

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by jake2013guy, May 13, 2020.

1. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

You’d probably like the Virtua Racing remaster on Switch.

2. T0MMY3688

T0MMY3688

If Codemasters is going to call it BTCC The Game, it probably counts as new IP. I'm not too sure does bringing back the TOCA name matters much, I don't think the average joe will recognise it these days.

RacingGrandpa likes this.
  3. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

I guess it depends on the meaning of new. It would certainly be new to the current lineup, even if they called it TOCA. But yeah, BTCC 2021 would be a much fresher sound as a new IP.

Or its leaning towards being Milestone. Disnt they do the Superstars V8 game? Italian focussed V8 touring car series. Theyre certainly not a stranger to national racing series. Wikipedia even lists Codemasters as one of the publishers for this game?

fikridroid and RacingGrandpa like this.
  4. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

I played the original game on SEGA Mega Drive. That was one of my first racing games. I got this game for passing elementry school, quite the story, eh? I think the remastered version looks nice.

Kevstah2004 likes this.
  5. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

That list is insanely packed. My original sentiment still remains - if Milestone is making this I'm not going to expect good quality. I'd say you need at least 2 years these days to make a decent game from scratch. Granted most of the bike games are yearly copy-paste so the workload is less, but to also work on another new game alongside them... I don't think Milestone has the capacity for that.

We'll see what happens :tup:

fikridroid likes this.
  6. ed24

ed24

Someone asked Alan Gow about having a new BTCC game on the V8 Sleuth podcast - he said that they were in the final stages of negotiations for a new game that would be released in 18-24 months but didn't provide any other info. I think it was recorded at the start of May.

T0MMY3688 likes this.
  7. er185es

er185es

On Milestone's new IP, it's a licensed game that was signed before Covid-19.
    https://www.eurogamer.it/articles/2...ixio-sviluppo-videogiochi-covid-19-intervista

MagpieRacer and MrCrynox like this.
  8. LowTechRider

LowTechRider

IIRC, SimBin UK was also developing GTR3, no?

MagpieRacer and RacingGrandpa like this.
  9. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Yeah, if and when it ever comes.

You raise a good point though, I had forgotten about Simbin. UK based, passionate about racing, and Dan Cammish was at their studios late last year. Interesting.