A day with PolyPhony Digital at Deep Forest Raceway.

• Thread starter Darin
  • 22 comments

Darin

(Banned)
I was cruising in my Mazda RX-7 typeRZ, and I drove past the entrance to Deep Forest. Seeing the sign "POLYPLONY DIGITAL CUP need 1 more entry" I decided to run. I called my crew up and told them to run by Deep Forest Raceway. It was about 7:00PM at the track and it was getting dark. It was dusk when the race started. The crew came in 20 minutes before qualifing. Until a drunk idiot is walking on the stands and we see him roll down for a good laugh. I got my entry paper as soon as a couple seconds after my crew arrived. It contained the following:

• Toyota Supra RZ
  • Lotus Elise 190
  • Subaru Impreza 22B STi
  • Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
  • Nissan Z Concept
  • Mazda RX-7 TypeRZ

Seeing a Impreza 22B entered worried me that I didn't have a chance. But when qualifing started that all changed.

w00t1.bmp

That night we stayed in a nice hotel. It was directly 8 miles off the track, but hell it was nice. So the next day, about 6:30PM we hit the track. Did a few practice runs, and got some pretty good times. Since I had pole I thought I was fast. Well, at the start of the race, oh it wasn't like that. The Corvette GS had us all up. He accelerated so fast, it left us all behind... Heres a image of the turn 3, the one going into the first tunnel.

w00t3.bmp

It was all fine and dandy after lap 7. The Z, Supra, and 22B, stuffed themselves in the pits with out most burned tyres. The Corvette just kept pitted. It was nerve wrecking.

Lap 5, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, and 19 he pitted... All I saw was "Corvette Grand Sport Pitted in..." it was insane.. He lost the race on perpose.

I pitted on lap 15 just cause I felt like it. I coulda stayed out like the Elise did, but I was 18 seconds ahead, so hell I had time. The Race was successful first time. I got myself another 50 grand, And i'm happy.

Here are the race results:

w00t33.bmp

I also have a video of me driving threw a sector during qualifing. But sadly, I don't know anywhere to host it.

But I hope you enjoyed my write-up.

*Sorry for the poor image quality.

Darin
Lap 5, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, and 19 he pitted... All I saw was "Corvette Grand Sport Pitted in..." it was insane.. He lost the race on perpose.

No!! It was a set-up!! Me and my crew drove our S2000s to where the Vette GS was locked up and then changed the tires. :mischievous:

This write could be better... I still think the "British Tea" tops this one. I didn't put too much information in it.

That was cool. And the detail was perfectly fine. A good showing Darin! AP1, you know better than that.

Quote:No!! It was a set-up!! Me and my crew drove our S2000s to where the Vette GS was locked up and then changed the tires. :mischievous:

good writeup, small question though, what kinda camera did you use to take the screenshots? they look better than any I have ever tried to take of the game haha.

Also, if you're looking for a webhost to host the vid, go to web1000 and sign up, you get 50 MB of space and I'm pretty sure you get A LOT of bandwidth

Excellent.

I think you're the first to incorporate images into the write-ups. Nice move. Something I've got to give a try of in an upcoming write-up.

Write-ups are starting to take on a bit more of a story atomosphere, and it's great to have images to accompany it.

AO

psonefreak
good writeup, small question though, what kinda camera did you use to take the screenshots? they look better than any I have ever tried to take of the game haha.

Also, if you're looking for a webhost to host the vid, go to web1000 and sign up, you get 50 MB of space and I'm pretty sure you get A LOT of bandwidth

The camera is a CANON POWERSHOT A60, but I did do alot of resizing so the images weren't too big.

So goto www.web1000.com and sign up? Thats it? Awesomeness.

well they should've emailed you with a password and such, and you'll have to FTP the vid to your site then you can paste the link here. WS_FTP is a good program, I can't remember if its free or not.

psonefreak
well they should've emailed you with a password and such, and you'll have to FTP the vid to your site then you can paste the link here. WS_FTP is a good program, I can't remember if its free or not.

Yeah, never got the E-mail. After I registered they gave me my password, but when I log in it says my username is invalid.

well you have to put your whole address as it.. like if you chose darin it should be darin.web1000.com as your login name. whaever domain you signed up for is your login, then the password is your password.

TS020
WTF????Is that in Trial Mountain with your lights on???I've never saw a dark trial mountain.
Errm, read the thread title. Hint: It's in a Forest, a really Deep one.

icemanshooter23
That second pic looks real nice man!
Yeah, it never stays that tight though. Damn that Z!

Back