A deal with Toyota...

• Thread starter Mach 10
  • 0 comments
I was putting away all of the papers in the office for tomorrow when I got a call from Toyota. Apparently, they wanted me to participate this little Vitz championship for them. It sounded like fun, so I hurriedly finished the paperwork and jumped into my pink, sigh, yes pink, Vitz RS.
Everyone lined up at the Roman Track (Rome Circuit). The whole field, except me, were driving Vitz Euro's; it looked to be an easy race. That was a bad assumption, those little Euro's gave the old RS a run for the money.:scared:
First time around, I weaved through three Euro's on the second corner, feeling the turbo kit kicking in.:sly:Then, at the next corner, one overtook me again.
The first lap ended as a low 1'45, with me in third place and one more lap to go.👍 I like those odds.
Things were looking good as I came into corner one. I picked off the second place Vitz, feeling the turbo boost as I blew by. Now there was one more scrubbing bubble left to overtake.:cool:
I steadied myself for the last corner, with a lot of adrenaline pumping. This was a hell of a lot better than a day at the office!
Anyway, back to the last corner... steady, brake, accelerate, YES! Barely squeezed by. Last lap ended with a high 1'44.
Overal, this was an exciting first race of a championship. I am excited to go on to the next, this little Vitz race has went from what I thought woud be a dud old boring race to an excited battle of the tiny cars!
More to come...:cheers:

Back