A gallery by Menown, Jaguar S-Type Update

• Thread starter Menown
  • 26 comments
Canada
London, Ontario
Freakyweakywoo
After looking at some of the work produced by you guys, I thought I would give this ago. All feedback is welcome/encouraged as long as I can learn something from it. All the images are raw and unedited; I'm going to read through the Photoshop tutorials after I get some feedback, no point editing terrible pictures. This first batch of images are of a '99 Peugeot 206, around the various tracks of the French and euro championships.

IMAGES IN POST #3 AND ONWARDS

Welcome to GTP, Menown! 👍

Most of them are quite good, actually.
I'm especially liking the shots A, F and G which would look awesome with a 2minute editing.
You've got potential, since you get good original angles, and have a variety of styles in that batch.

Now, I don't know if you have photoshop or any other editing sofware, or even how good you are with it, but if you're starting to edit your images and don't have experience doing it, I'd suggest a few things.
First, remember when taking the photo, to leave a part of the image without anything you want to remain, since that way it's easier to crop out the watermark (the GranTurismo4 thing), unless you prefer to erase it using the clone stamp tool - more work to you. :)
Then, the basic adjustments is brightness/contrast. Be careful not to overdo it, or it will look bad. Just experiment with it (and with anything else you want to, obviously), read the tutorials posted on this forum - they're extremely helpful - and show us what you can do!

Just another thing, try to keep the amount of shots you post on every update to a minimum level, since many shots posted at once desencourage people to view them all, and especially, you won't get many comments or advices, as people will be put off.

Edit: I forgot something else; resize the pics a bit, since it's hard to see them while they're that big, and some of the members have 800x600res monitors. :)

Thanks Beerzgood, point(s) taken, I've edited them with what little skill I have. I might have gone over the top with the colour saturation, but my eyes just love blues and the starker it is the more I like it. And instead of posting them all I'll just put two up for now and remove all the old ones from the first post. I wasnt sure what size I should resize them too, let me know if they are still too big or are now too small.

Click for Full size and thanks to speedster502 for telling me the 600 x 480 smple trick.

I've got some amazing Zonda pictures that I'm editing, but they will have to wait.

These are quite nice. Concerning the size of the thumb's people around here tend to put the preview as 640 X 480 and then link it to the full size images if you want to know how to do that then just PM me I will be happy to help you. Check out my gallery if you have time.

Hello Menown, enjoy your stay at GTP! :cheers:

To begin, since you're a new member, I'd like you to know that it's very important to have read and understood the Acceptable Use Policy, all the important forum rules are posted in there 👍

Here's the link to it: www.gtplanet.net/aup

Now than, your first pair of pictures look really good, I'm sure you'll make a lot of progress 👍 The only thing I can recommend would be that it's better to post your best pictures in the first post to give your visitors an impression of what they might expect to see in your gallery 👍 To do that, simple press the "Edit" button underneath your post and put the images in there 👍

Good luck! :cheers:

Yeah, nice start to your gallery! The 206 looks nice in these photo's and matches the scenery. Also that is my favorite 206 S16 color out there. 👍

Thanks for the feedback. I've got a load of Zonda shots that I'll have to sort though to find the cream of them, that car is so easy to photograph though, it just looks awesome in every picture.

I'm really please with the way the colour of the pug on this picture, and I spent ages playing with the setting to get just the right amount of blur on the 'F' sign in the foreground.

I love how pug looks in this shot, I initally had some slight motion blur on the 206 but after I upped the shutter speed and saw all the nice reflections I changed my mind.

Hope you like them, if anyone else has some 206 shots in thier gallery let me know I'd like to see how people with more skill than me went about framing it.

haha! :) good shots 👍 👍
even if i played gt4 for a long time, i still could not get shots as good as this

Nice pics, you have there.

I myself have took some (about 200), but that was way before I join here, and since I came from other forum, I have then hosted in other place, and didn't start a gallery here, since I would just have to unload then again here or just post a link in the gallery to the other I already have (well maybe I end up by doing it anyway), but still my pics aren't all that great (not exactly bad, but since I also never used any editing program, and don't really want to use any in my pics... and also my skills with the photo mode aren't that great...)

At the time the 206 was pretty much the only car I had, I only recently started playing the game again as I've moved from England to Canada and have had to rebuy all my fun electronic 'toys'.

I really liked this first shot, but after playing with photoshop it really came to life. I didnt think moving a few slider bars in photoshop could improve a shot so much, now I love it.

The second shot (top right) my gf dosent like it at all, but there is something about it I like, but I cant put my finger on it.

I like the lines of the Zonda in this one, its such an easy car to photograph as it looks great from about any angle.

Above right, the background grass looks so good. My only gripe is the the sign next to the Zonda looks out of place, any advice about what to do with it. I'm new to photoshop so some pointer would be helpful. I was thinking of maybe bluring the edges of it, or trying to remove it completly.

Click the previews for full size versions, and all feedback is welcome and thakns for taking the time to looks around.

[empty space];2658008
other than the rims, what he said :)

What could I have done to improve the rims? I'm totally new at photoshop so any pointers would be great. Thanks for the comments guys.

The first Zonda shot is very nice but as some of you may or may not know I ain't that keen on phototravel but you have done a good job with it. But my favourite has to be the bottom left Zonda shot I just like the colours it has a nice "vibe" to it.
Concerning the rims I haven't a clue what they are on about :lol: Check out my gallery if you have time.

Ya, both left shots are really great.

And about the rims, I think they mean "get some new rims" or something like that, I think that's the problem.

What could I have done to improve the rims? I'm totally new at photoshop so any pointers would be great. Thanks for the comments guys.

Yup, it means change them (that's subjective, of course - everyone has personal tastes), and not actually improve them as in photoshop them to look better.

Good shots, though. I especially like the 1st and the 3rd shots. 👍

4 more Zonda shots, I had so much fun with this car. I was going for a kind of bedroom wall poster look in the first 3 shots and tried to capture some excitement and movement in the final shot.

Click for fullsize versions

I'll do a drift update for the zonda next, I dont think I'll get round many corners but I should get some great opposite lock shots with losts of tire smoke.

Don't stick too much woth the same car or people might lose interest on comming here. 👍

On this last update, last shot would be really good if the car was more focused, it looks decent in the preview, but when enlarged there's just too much blur on the car.
The other 3 shots are actually pretty good! They really have the wall poster thing going on, especially #3, which is my favorite. It has a lovely angle, great capture of the car's lines overall, and a calming mood to it, all you want in a wall poster.
Well done, dude! 👍

How can you ever get bored of looking at that car...... Ok I guess not everyone loves it as much as I do, so point taken. I guess I'll do some other cars and throw the odd zonda picture in just to keep myself happy ;)

Doesn't mean not to post any more Zonda shots ( I personally love the car, and you do good pics of it).

Hey, it's YOUR gallery, you post shots of the cars YOU like. 👍

Wow,you improved a lot since i last commented on your photos.The 1st Zonda shot looks like hell!(i mean it) Its mind blowing :eek: :drool: keep it up.Who knows,you could even challenge the best of them in this forum...

The shots of the Zonda were great. Heres hoping you continue doing this in 5. I dont do it, but may learn. Happy new year.

Back