A Million K . . it was just one of those things that simply had to be done!

• Thread starter Boogieman
  • 62 comments
millionk8008hw.jpg

I admit it . . . it was a stoopid idea . . . . why did I do it anyway? . . because I can! :D

with a average speed of 235 km/h on the Test Course it takes a bit over 4'255 hours to do a million km . . . that's almost 180 Days of 24hours full time high speed driving . .

thanks to Bjørn, my B-spec Driver, who did most of the work :D . ..

close . .

closer . . .

tadaaa!!!!

Facts:
- there is NO bonus car for reaching 1 Million K . . . (hmm . . . how about a million miles??? :scared: )
- the Volvo has still after every oil change exactly the same amount of power as one with 0km on the clock . . . exactly 271 ponys . .
- the resale value dropped from 3'382cr which a new one is worth . . to 397cr ( but stopped dropping at about 200tk)
- GT4 has only an 6 digit in car odometer . . . which doesn't turn over . . . it stops at 999'999km
- the PS2 has no problem running nonstop over months
-

0km -> [URL=http://img366.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img13738td.jpg][/URL]<-1'000'000km
didn't saw it for myself . . but after reading Ride The Lightning . . . I realized how dull it got . . . :indiff: . . poor thing . .

ok . . . Bjørn did the biggest part of the driving in "3x speed" . . . but still . . over 1'418 hours . . or almost 60 Days!

Emohawk
That's amazing. Were you in the trunk the whole time?

but seriously, did it do anything for your bspec stats?

yup . . in the trunk the whole time :D

for my B-spec stats? . . . hmm don't think so . . and it's strange my B-spec Milage is only 441'358km :grumpy: . . . don't know why . . .

Your next challenge: A BILLION K! Do you think a PS2 will run continuously for 500 years? Only one way to find out!

jamaican
whats "3x speed" :dunce: you mean you didn't do it normally?
running it in B-spec mode, speeded up to 3x normal speed (on the telementry screen pressing L1+R), i think that's right anyways.

Well done for completing such an impressive feat. shame there weren't any further rewards, guess it was just one of those things that simply had to be done! 👍

Unbelievable!!... :eek: Brilliant, though... 👍 :bowdown: Congratulations on achieving a unique feat, and in a Volvo Estate as well :lol:... Bjørn must be made of steel :scared: Cool pictures of the mileage as well... I'm amazed that you were able to let it run for so long without interruption... that also means you must have gone some 6 months without being able to play the rest of the game... still, great work... Bjørn deserves a well-earned rest...

Amazing... it's the biggest and least rewarding achievement in GT4, ever!!!

This ranks up there with completing the Nurburgring in the Patent Wagon... Kudos! 👍

I'm liking the choice of car, given that there are clubs for million-km Volvo's out there. They just keep on going.

Awesome way to use a PS2 for 2 months... 👍

Touring Mars
Unbelievable!!... :eek: Brilliant, though... 👍 :bowdown: Congratulations on achieving a unique feat, and in a Volvo Estate as well :lol:... Bj&#248;rn must be made of steel :scared: Cool pictures of the mileage as well... I'm amazed that you were able to let it run for so long without interruption... that also means you must have gone some 6 months without being able to play the rest of the game... still, great work... Bj&#248;rn deserves a well-earned rest...

nah . . we didn't do it in one run (Bj&#248;rn needs a break from time to time . . . to eat a Sm&#246;rrebr&#246;d . . .) so I just did let him push the Brick around the Test Course when I wasn't playing . . .

and Bj&#248;rn is right now trying to achive our next goal - a million miles . . .!!

That's about to the moon and back, twice. i vaguely recall a GuinessBookofRecords stat of some LandRover doing two million miles in real life, prob an old record though. Had to be the two four oh

i told "boogieman" that i'm goin to do it with my '85 rally raid pajero... just to give me that cross country feeling... like when they race across the desert for days... but only thing it'll be on the test course

DeLoreanBrown
That's about to the moon and back, twice. i vaguely recall a GuinessBookofRecords stat of some LandRover doing two million miles in real life, prob an old record though. Had to be the two four oh
There you go! get the stormer concept and do it!

jamaican
i told "boogieman" that i'm goin to do it with my '85 rally raid pajero... just to give me that cross country feeling... like when they race across the desert for days... but only thing it'll be on the test course

How about driving for a week on the Grand Canyon course. :sly:

Ebiggs
jamaican
How about driving for a week on the Grand Canyon course. :sly:
for some strange reason i can't rally as good as how i used to in GT3, i suck at GT4's special conditions races... i could hardly even beat the grand canyon on normal :scared: i think i'll stick to tarmac and just pretend one end of the test course is the sahara desert, and someplace in the congo basin is the other end... cross country :D brb in about october

Boogieman
. .. . . . . . . . .
- the PS2 has no problem running nonstop over months
. .. . . . .

not so sure about that anymore . . . . . . :scared: for the first time in months . . I switched my PS2 off . ... . . now my game data is corrupted . ..:grumpy: :ouch: .. man . . that sucks . .. :mad: :irked:

Boogieman
not so sure about that anymore . . . . . . :scared: for the first time in months . . I switched my PS2 off . ... . . now my game data is corrupted . ..:grumpy: :ouch: .. man . . that sucks . .. :mad: :irked:
ALWAYS KEEP A BACK-UP OF YOU SAVED GAME FILES!
ALWAYS

btw 1,000,000 miles is about(test course+6.43 miles) 155,000+ laps around the test course
-155,000 X 6.43+ roughly 1,000,000 miles
so....yeah im going to do it but not all at once.
in the range rover concept

Back