A mysterious red Galant

• Thread starter takumi64
  • 5 comments
I'm here in Manila right now.
My friends and I saw this cool-looking red Mitsubishi Galant with a cool spoiler, bumpers and side skirts. The hood was black. But the weird thing about it? It was an AUTO!

Hmmm.. I know that all US GVR4's are 5-speeds... Maybe it is a car that resembles a Galant cuz they body kitted it all up. :lol:

That is not surprising as most TT supras imported in CA were auto. Anyways, I believe that the galant comes in some atuo only trim...

All 93 models were FF

1993 • Galant S Sedan 4D (auto or maual)
1993 • Galant ES Sedan 4D (auto only)
1993 • Galant LS Sport Sedan 4D (auto only)

In 93 the galant lost its sportiness as the VR4 was not even offered... so an auto ff is prolly what you are looking at if you are correct about the year...

91-92 it wsa though and i dont know how different they look... But as they changed the lineup it would only make sense that the car changed appearances as well... It would be helpful if there was a pic...

Originally posted by takumi64
I'm here in Manila right now.
My friends and I saw this cool-looking red Mitsubishi Galant with a cool spoiler, bumpers and side skirts. The hood was black. But the weird thing about it? It was an AUTO!

I'm from Manila and I can confirm that:

Back in 1992 there are 2 trim levels of the Galant (with the VR-4 look), one is the Super Saloon which is powered by a 2.0L engine that has 140 hp (est) it comes with two trannies M/T and A/T. And the the GTi, it has a natural aspirated 4G63 engine w/ AWD and M/T which its soft compared to the monster Galant VR-4 (N/A in Philippines, but very few have been imported).

In 1996 the new bodystyle came up (the curvey look), again, the Super Saloon is still the bottom-end model with a revised engine. But the top of the line model has been changed, its called Galant VR (not VR-4 guys), it has a low output 2.0L V6 engine (rated @ 150hp, soft compared to the US model), FWD this time and can be equipped with either M/T and A/T tranny.

And the last model (before I landed in the US) was the 1999 version (with the wedge look), same engines but different bodystyles, and the VR model doesn't have a M/T any more and few luxury touches.

Just comfirm to me which bodystyle of the Philippine version of the Galant. Yo, check the 1999 Civic SiR a four-door Si in the US.

Back