GT Sport Update 1.22 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 3,154 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for this track to be a stupid Alsace layout :banghead::banghead::banghead:

A lot of people are suggesting this update is going to be big because it is presented differently than others. I personally think it is just them trying to cool down the crying from no June update.

Last edited:
I’d be blown away if they dropped Sierra, though I agree with @Famine that it’s a bit of an odd fit given the Esports focus of GTS.

The game may have had an esports focus at launch, but between the predominantly road-car (and GT6-revisits) post-launch car additions and the steady expansion of GT League, I'm not sure that's really the case now.

Besides, this is a game with an N24 layout nearly as long as Sierra already — and a very esport-unfriendly Tourist layout of the 'Ring as well! :P

Given the participation numbers of Sport Mode versus potential entire user base, I don't think a more esport-focused track would be necessary. Hell, if PD revisited Sierra's Timed Rally from GT6 I feel like that'd make more of a splash!

..I'm not sold on the idea of that being Grand Valley Speedway.

Most obviously, the bridge seems.. off in just about every way.

First of all, there's the design. They kept that same, iconic (yes, Ubisoft, that bridge *is* properly iconic) blue bridge right up until the track disappeared from GT, and it was a big part of the track's identity - it's probably the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Grand Valley Speedway. Not sure why they'd want or need to change it.

Secondly, I can't help but feel that it seems a bit too long. I realise defining what's "a bit too long" is difficult when you're normally passing the bridge at racing speed, but it doesn't quite feel right.

Thirdly, where is topography? Where's the prominent coastline and dramatic hills on basically the entire "southern" section of the track? Where's the piece of land the rest of the track goes on? Granted, they did talk about cutting down some trees and planting some more authentic ones for Deep Forest, but I'd say *this* would be a retcon the likes of which have not been seen since High Speed Ring got its update for GT4, and all that had in common with it's predecessor was the rough shape.

The recently-thrown-around idea of the track not being in the shot also doesn't make sense. Let's pretend this *is* a Grand Valley teaser. Remember how I talked about how the blue bridge became iconic? Surely showing that would build immensely more hype and garner more attention for it.

It is a rather short clip, and not a whole lot is given away (thanks, I suspect, also to Twitter compression), but, as of writing this, I'm getting 0 Grand Valley vibes.

..I'm not sold on the idea of that being Grand Valley Speedway.

Most obviously, the bridge seems.. off in just about every way.

First of all, there's the design. They kept that same, iconic (yes, Ubisoft, that bridge *is* properly iconic) blue bridge right up until the track disappeared from GT, and it was a big part of the track's identity - it's probably the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Grand Valley Speedway. Not sure why they'd want or need to change it.

Secondly, I can't help but feel that it seems a bit too long. I realise defining what's "a bit too long" is difficult when you're normally passing the bridge at racing speed, but it doesn't quite feel right.

Thirdly, where is topography? Where's the prominent coastline and dramatic hills on basically the entire "southern" section of the track? Granted, they did talk about cutting down some trees and planting some more authentic ones for Deep Forest, but I'd say *this* would be a retcon the likes of which have not been seen since High Speed Ring got its update for GT4, and all that had in common with it's predecessor was the rough shape.

The recently-thrown-around idea of the track not being in the shot also doesn't make sense. Let's pretend this *is* a Grand Valley teaser. Remember how I talked about how the blue bridge became iconic? Why wouldn't they show that then? Now that'd make the internet implode.

It is a rather short clip, and not a whole lot is given away (thanks, I suspect, also to Twitter compression), but, as of writing this, I'm getting 0 Grand Valley vibes.
It could be just a new scapes location trailer still to come

Guys, it says nowhere it is a new circuit. It could be a new location for pictures. Think about it... :scared:

Okay, the second part of my question though. Could it be the other side?

I don't think so,the surroundings of Route X are all water,there is no way it connects to all that piece of land in the teaser

Last edited:
It could be just a new scapes location trailer still to come

While that is a theory, that just begs another question: why would they show a Scape off like this? Or, to put it more bluntly, if they're showing off the "meat" of the update (and frankly there's no reason to suggest they aren't), is that what this has to offer?

I'm not buying it. I *do* believe it's something bigger, but, given what little evidence we have, I feel fairly confident in saying that it *isn't* Grand Valley or indeed any other classic.

Side note:

Surely showing that would build immensely more hype and garner more attention for it.

..well.. this has successfully brought out the speculators, I guess. It's something, right?

View attachment 749492 Can it be an imaginary circuit inspired by an existing place?

True that is possible as lago maggiore is a real lake in italy

Intercity Istanbul Park is less than an hour away.

If you look to the right you can see a factory with about 4 smoke stacks with smoke coming out of them.
Screenshot_20180706-180231.jpg

Can we check and see if there's a factory in that part of Turkey?

Ps If it's not Turkey, my guess is another section of Maggiore.

I think we can agree that the tease has 3 outcomes.
Most to least likely order
1. De La Sierra
2. Grand Valley
3. New Track
I'm fine with any of these three. And whatever new cars they bring.

True that is possible as lago maggiore is a real lake in italy
And the lake also runs through Switzerland. And Dragon Trail is set in Croatia.

I love the ambiguity of this teaser!
You free your mind in your androgyny.

There's a Mountain in SSRX as well.
images

If people are feeling tracks are having make overs, it's still possible. What about that tunnel in one of the teaser trailers? I'm just thinking it's possible. Wherewas SSRX based?

Given the participation numbers of Sport Mode versus potential entire user base, I don't think a more esport-focused track would be necessary.
I don't think the data set collected to back up that oft-quoted "XYZ number of players have never even entered sport mode" is s Simple Random Sample.

Furthermore, the data set does not account for users with multiple accounts for various purposes, artificially inflating the narrative that many haven't gone into Sport Mode once.

The huge mountain makes me think it's Dragon Trail. So combo track? But I lack imagination.

Just another thought on Sierra. GT6 featured the Abarth 500, VW Scirocco, Ferrari 288 GTO and the NISMO GT-R as time attack vehicles for the Sierra Time rally event. Besides the Nissan, the other 3 are premiums still yet to be added. Possible new additions?

Or maybe the WRX TT will take up time attack duties this time? Seems logical.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a build up to a new car/video of said car, and not a track teaser at all.

[speculation]The next video will zoom in on the road, and start to show a car crossing the bridge, but not giveaway the car just yet. That'll be for another short video.[/speculation]

I doubt they would tease a scape location like that.

Hmm.. actually, I wouldn't put it past them. They put way too much emphasis on the photo mode since they added it to GT. They had that big fancy event on that bridge in Europe or something. Can't remember where or what it was. It was a scape location in the game.

I don't think the data set collected to back up that oft-quoted "XYZ number of players have never even entered sport mode" is s Simple Random Sample.

From my understanding, those stats are pulled from the player database on the official GT site, no?

Furthermore, the data set does not account for users with multiple accounts for various purposes, artificially inflating the narrative that many haven't gone into Sport Mode once.

If you want to approach it from that angle, then one must also consider people creating multiple accounts for Sport Mode specifically — a choice users have stated they've made here on the forums on numerous occasions. It works both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back