GT Sport Update 1.22 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 3,154 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.. actually, I wouldn't put it past them. They put way too much emphasis on the photo mode since they added it to GT. They had that big fancy event on that bridge in Europe or something. Can't remember where or what it was. It was a scape location in the game.

It's unlikely to be a Scape (the camera is moving in the teaser, not simply zooming in), and it seems way, way too big to be a "dynamic Scape" (the modelled scenes you see the cars driving through on the main screen). To model all of that for what amounts to little more than a screensaver seems unlikely.

If you're thinking of Ronda, that wasn't a Scape — GT6 didn't have them.

This is a odd way to announce a new update,i wonder if it's a one time thing or everytime a new track comes PD will release a teaser showing some landscape

It isn't really any different from the dlc car teaser tweets imo, which I find fun since it keeps people guessing and we at least know what the update for the month contains. The opposite of this is they just don't announce anything, and people will either be surprised there is a new track on the day of the update, or disappointed there isn't one. We have a massive thread full of whining just because there was no June update dlc tease, PD's supposed "lack of communication" when they had nothing to announce, and some people just keeping their hopes up for some odd reason.

I don't know if you guys noticed but there's a car on the bridge moving.

Dhc-M-GUcAAyEqz.jpg
Yes, I see that, but it's a bridge...
And a car on a bridge did not catch me

It's unlikely to be a Scape (the camera is moving in the teaser, not simply zooming in), and it seems way, way too big to be a "dynamic Scape" (the modelled scenes you see the cars driving through on the main screen). To model all of that for what amounts to little more than a screensaver seems unlikely.

If you're thinking of Ronda, that wasn't a Scape — GT6 didn't have them.

Scapes, photo mode.. whatev. Real photos you stick cars in to take pics. ;)

But yea, that is the event I'm thinking of:

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-launch-event/

Hi!

Nice to see the image I took is here (the single seater at speed on the bridge)

Been on Twitter and said what I think it could be which is :

Super formula SF19 / or SF14
IndyCar Honda 2018 Road Course Car
Formula Gran Turismo type car

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 589F8141-D30D-4E68-A72F-7F586A1E4CFD.jpeg
    589F8141-D30D-4E68-A72F-7F586A1E4CFD.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 46F2814D-1CD3-4004-84A0-0CC659C41EFE.jpeg
    46F2814D-1CD3-4004-84A0-0CC659C41EFE.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 7ABFCBE1-F2BE-4378-B1C6-759CE7D5E058.jpeg
    7ABFCBE1-F2BE-4378-B1C6-759CE7D5E058.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 14F09F7F-5AE7-4EBB-A758-498DEA9C730C.jpeg
    14F09F7F-5AE7-4EBB-A758-498DEA9C730C.jpeg
    3 KB · Views: 195
Scapes, photo mode.. whatev. Real photos you stick cars in to take pics. ;)

That's my point; they're very different. The real-world photo aspect is new to Sport; previously, PD modelled all the photo mode locations.

That's why you no longer can move the camera freely around a space (and why many of the 1000+ Scape locations are the same places, from slightly different angles). As someone that enjoys Photo Mode I find that a drawback, but from a more pragmatic angle, I imagine this new approach is probably more time-efficient.

That's my point; they're very different. The real-world photo aspect is new to Sport; previously, PD modelled all the photo mode locations.

That's why you no longer can move the camera freely around a space (and why many of the 1000+ Scape locations are the same places, from slightly different angles). As someone that enjoys Photo Mode I find that a drawback, but from a more pragmatic angle, I imagine this new approach is probably more time-efficient.

Well then, if all this is indeed to tease a scape related addition, I'll make sure to come and complain to you first :lol::cheers:

I just want sebring. I have wanted to see sebring in a gran turismo game since gt3. Why do the refuse to add it? Ive even been saying it on this site since i 1st signed up back in 2010. Forza has had it since forza 2. Even the crew had it available to race on. Come on PD, lets see it happen soon!

Great, looks like a new track. Wouldn't be surprised if we got a gaggle of new machines as well. Maybe they'll also add the Simpsons cars to Gr. 2 while they're at it.:lol:

MMX
I wouldn't be surprised if this is a build up to a new car/video of said car, and not a track teaser at all.

[speculation]The next video will zoom in on the road, and start to show a car crossing the bridge, but not giveaway the car just yet. That'll be for another short video.[/speculation]

Something of VGT?
Hmm.. actually, I wouldn't put it past them. They put way too much emphasis on the photo mode since they added it to GT. They had that big fancy event on that bridge in Europe or something. Can't remember where or what it was. It was a scape location in the game.

Malaga, Ronda. Spain

Guess their twitter post achieved whatever they set out to achieve. Might just be one update: "update's" if it were more updates. :sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back