A new update is coming 2018/09/26

997.2 GT3, another 911 that is not in anything. I think PD made some good choices, very unique vehicles as far as porsche is concerned.

At least both cars are new to the franchise except for some versions of Gran Turismo 3 having the 996 GT3. But I would prefered something different and not all GT3s. A 928, original boxter, 930, 968 or even 997 GT2 instead.

For that matter if PD is thinking to include cars that are not in any other racing game now only (which I doubt) I'm hoping to see something like: A Diablo SE30, 80s Testarrosa, a 348 tb, EB110 not SS, Venturis, original RT/10 etc.

They have they're own agenda on what or when cars would be released based on 3 or 4 factors as I read somewhere here before GT6 was launched:
Cars historically important to the automotive imdustry, cars classic to the series, cars that Kazunory himself want im the game or awarded by some entities. To this now we may sum cars that the communitiy want because that E30 M3 and the 90s Supra were really a surprise to me.

As many people have said many, many times, DTM is not even close in performance terms to Super GT. Its not even something BoP could solve as it would be an insult to Super GT and an unrealistic representation of DTM. Maybe in a few years after they start sharing engines and chassis it might happen, but until then i just wish people would research before commenting!
We know, but we don't actually care

MMX
Now I want PD to add that little blue truck. :lol:
Yes, the T360 has always been on my 'needs to be included in GT' list. It's Honda's first 4 wheeled vehicle, and it's little engine screams at 9,000RPM. A perfect companion for the Midget.
Also, the Honda Ridgeline looks giant next to the T360.
hondaT500F.jpg-courtesy-japanesenostalgiccar.com_.jpg

Yep this has been the majority opinion since the Super GT update came out.

We know that the DTM machines have like 50% less power than the Japanese.

Just BOP them all until they're competitive with each other.

While they're at it, bring in the Aust. V8 supercars... bring in the Falcon vs. Commodore vs. Altima vs. C63 vs. DTM vs. Super GT.

While I'm a big fan of realism I'd rather stuff be 'fun and interesting' in a big "what if" way.

This is a game full of VGT rocket cars so to rail on about 'accuracy' seems moot at this point, as it was in GT6.

Yep this has been the majority opinion since the Super GT update came out.

We know that the DTM machines have like 50% less power than the Japanese.

Just BOP them all until they're competitive with each other.

While they're at it, bring in the Aust. V8 supercars... bring in the Falcon vs. Commodore vs. Altima vs. C63 vs. DTM vs. Super GT.

While I'm a big fan of realism I'd rather stuff be 'fun and interesting' in a big "what if" way.

This is a game full of VGT rocket cars so to rail on about 'accuracy' seems moot at this point, as it was in GT6.
Oh so these are the guys responsible for pressuring PD into including Group C into Gr. 1!

Stop it.

Don't they do that in Nurburgring 24h , where each class starts separately from the others ?

They have 3 starting groups, but they are strictly ordered by qualifying times and therefore mixed classes.

The main reason for the 3 groups is probably that more than 50 or so cars do not fit between last chicane and the finish line. If you let them go in one group some would still be half way down Döttinger Höhe when the race is started, but they would have no way of knowing, because they can’t see the lights.

The same people who want VGTs in Group 1, said no one ever.

A=B doesnt mean B=C.

People want accurate groups is that more to ask. Heck I would welcome GR1 VGT and GR1 LMP1 along with GR. C.

More classes the better racing we will get. People want to recreate Group C with only Group C cars plus Group C cars cant compete with todays machinery. When it comes to GR1 its the 2016 LMp1s I go to for a race. Group C cars have their potential sapped in a class where they dont belong.

So, in the game's anniversary next moutn, do you believe in the holy trinity?

What kind of holy trinity is it? If it is about 918 and P1 I still doubt it. Maybe legendary GT track is possible. Or perhaps new Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 race cars would be sensible since GTS heavily centered on these categories. But, who knows...

At least both cars are new to the franchise except for some versions of Gran Turismo 3 having the 996 GT3. But I would prefered something different and not all GT3s. A 928, original boxter, 930, 968 or even 997 GT2 instead.

For that matter if PD is thinking to include cars that are not in any other racing game now only (which I doubt) I'm hoping to see something like: A Diablo SE30, 80s Testarrosa, a 348 tb, EB110 not SS, Venturis, original RT/10 etc.

They have they're own agenda on what or when cars would be released based on 3 or 4 factors as I read somewhere here before GT6 was launched:
Cars historically important to the automotive imdustry, cars classic to the series, cars that Kazunory himself want im the game or awarded by some entities. To this now we may sum cars that the communitiy want because that E30 M3 and the 90s Supra were really a surprise to me.
The 996 is one of my favorite Porsches so I'm pleasantly surprised, same with the 997 GT3. Hopefully down the line they include the Carrera GT because that's a car I've been interested in driving in these games for a long time but I personally dig these Porsches.

So, in the game's anniversary next moutn, do you believe in the holy trinity?
I hope that we will finally see rainy conditions. When it was announced I didn't expect it to be in the game so late. It isn't a dynamic system but behind the scenes it might be problematic due to the backed GI solutions for each track. I'm eager to see if rain will be available for every track and time of day or just few tracks and at one time of day?
Another problem might be the base PS4. GT:S doesn't run at locked 60fps on base machines and even on Pro it has occassional framedrops if you are playing in 4K.

Back