A Nice game ^^

Wow i playing GT2 with my PSP its so nice ^^ actually i think GT2 sound of engine and turbo is lot better than GT3 and 4 it can hear the blow-off valve sound, but drifting is hard controlling with my PSP >.<, Any1 have drift setup to share?

Actually, blow off and turbo is way too loud in GT2...wait tilll you get this game on a real TV and you'll see what I'm talking about. Sometimes, it overrides the actual engine noise. In a long race (like at Laguna Enduro) sometimes the race sounds glitch out and all that's left is the turbo hiss. Annoying.

But on a PSP, I'm sure it fits right in (all that hissing) since the sound from such a small speaker is probly a bit tinny anyways. I don't own a PSP so sorry can't help.

Last edited:
Actually, blow off and turbo is way too loud in GT2...wait tilll you get this game on a real TV and you'll see what i'm talking about. Sometimes, it overrides the actual engine noise. In a long race (like at Laguna Enduro) sometimes the race sounds glitch out and all that's left is the turbo hiss. Annoying.

But on a PSP, i'm sure it fits right in (all that hissing) since the sound from such a small speaker is probly a bit tinny anyways. I don't own a PSP so sorry can't help.

I LOVE GT2 for these reasons. Who can resist the sound of a loud turbo. Why isn't it in GT3 and 4?!?!?! Without that turbo sound, I wouldn't be playing GT2 as much as I do now... :)

I LOVE GT2 for these reasons. Who can resist the sound of a loud turbo. Why isn't it in GT3 and 4?!?!?! Without that turbo sound, I wouldn't be playing GT2 as much as I do now... :)

It's too loud and therefore not realistic. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :ouch:

Yes its bit too loud but it seem to be better than GT3 and GT4 for people like me ^^ if only GT3 and GT4 would be abit more louder of engine and blow-off valve sound thats would be great

I agree with parnelli. especially when i rally at pikes peak with my high powered turbo cars ( 22b, evo, audi ) all you hear is SSSSS, SSSSSS, SSSSSS, SSSSS and it gets really annoying after a while.

especially when it drowns out the engine noise. ill just be going along brrrrrrrrrrr then SSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

you guys like my sound effects, lol :D

It's too loud and therefore not realistic. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :ouch:

Yes its bit too loud but it seem to be better than GT3 and GT4 for people like me ^^ if only GT3 and GT4 would be abit more louder of engine and blow-off valve sound thats would be great

I agree with parnelli. especially when i rally at pikes peak with my high powered turbo cars ( 22b, evo, audi ) all you hear is SSSSS, SSSSSS, SSSSSS, SSSSS and it gets really annoying after a while.

especially when it drowns out the engine noise. ill just be going along brrrrrrrrrrr then SSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

you guys like my sound effects, lol :D

Turbo is supposed to be so frikkin loud. :cool: Just listen to turbo cars in real life. (Like SRT-4, Lancer Evo, etc.) The turbo BOV sound is almost non existant in GT4 and exist in GT3 a little more. (Especially the Alto Works Limited in GT3. :dopey: ) I listen to LLOOUUDD turbo IRL basically everyday, and the sound is great. :)

I've never rode in a modified car before so all I can go by is what I've heard on ESPN speed channel....and in cars that are turbocharged (when the camera is viewing from the inside of the car) the engine still dominates despite the lack of soundproofing.

Now, there is this guy who works at the Safeway near my work. He drives by everyday in his STi, which apparently has a blow-off valve and some other mods, but the sound of the engine as he drives by is still what you hear most

BDADADADADDADDADA *phewssss* BDADADDADADADDDA *phewssss*

(that's supposed to be his engine revving up and the wastegate!) :dopey:

Last edited:
There is definitelty a different note to turbo equiped cars. I especially remember when going to IMSA events in the 80's when the 930-935 Porsches showed up. A lot more "Whir" and less "Blat".
When waiting in the woods for rally cars to show up, sometimes you hear the pops of the anti-lag system before you hear the motor. When they get close and have to slow down for a tight corner you catch a few good chirps of the turbo too. Those subes do have a very distinctive engine note all their own. there's one in my neighborhood too and I can tell it's him without looking.
The Audi Quattro 5 cylinders had a very distinctive sound too. Kind of gutteral like a V8, only smoother.

wow, how does this homebrew work? i would love gt2 on MY psp, And i love the BOV sound, its soo cool, VrooooOOOOOOOOOM-u*PSEEESH*U-uoooooooOOOOOOM

There is definitelty a different note to turbo equiped cars. I especially remember when going to IMSA events in the 80's when the 930-935 Porsches showed up. A lot more "Whir" and less "Blat".
When waiting in the woods for rally cars to show up, sometimes you hear the pops of the anti-lag system before you hear the motor. When they get close and have to slow down for a tight corner you catch a few good chirps of the turbo too. Those subes do have a very distinctive engine note all their own.

Yeah, there's 4 or 5 cars that drive by my work and I'm able to pick them out by their sound. There's a Mustang (early 90's surely with a 5.0) and a couple Hondas I know. :)

damn you went to IMSA events in the 80's? Lucky. Only thing I remember is watching qualifying at the Detroit Grand Prix when I was maybe 13.

Last edited:
Back