A.R.S. Indy Lights Season 4 | Dylan wins the MX-5 Cup and Aceboy wins the Indy Lights SeriesFinished 

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 119 comments

aceboy127

International Racing Series Owner
Premium
United States
Columbus, Ohio
aceboy127
racingaceboy127
ars-logo2-jpg.517014

Banner.PNG

Car Regulations
Specs.PNG

• Any Color Car (Mid-season color change requires league steward notification)
Series Rules
  • It is not a requirement for drivers to participate in both series. The Roadster Cup is a support series for the Indy Lights Series. You can run just the Indy lights Series, just the Roadster Series, or both.
  • Two tires must remain inside the solid white lines at all times. This does not include the curbs.
  • Bump drafting is permitted on all tracks within reasonable circumstances.
  • Driving backwards on the track at any time will result in being asked to leave or a possible series suspension.
  • Contact/rubbing is normal and expected. Please refer to The Golden Rule. Excessive contact will be penalized.
  • Accidents happen, that is why we have cautions.
  • Intentional or payback actions will be penalized.
  • Penalties for rough driving may include: Point reduction, time penalty, suspension from one or more races.
  • Lapped cars cannot interfere or compete with lead lap cars. It is the lapped drivers’ responsibility to be aware traffic coming through.
  • Just try to keep it clean and have fun.
  • The ARS Stewards reserve the right to enforce these and add to the rules if need be during the season.
Schedule.PNG

Race Format (Indy Lights Series)
  • Saturday nights
  • Practice: 9:00pm EST to 9:15pm EST
  • Race: 9:15pm EST
  • Pre-Race Announcements: Race format/procedure. Caution format/procedure. Pitting Rules. Other important announcements.
  • Line Up: Go to the pits and make sure your time is cleared, because it can mess up the order. Go to the track when called. (In order of qualification)
  • All races will be held in the ARS Club Lobby, unless otherwise specified.
  • All oval races will have a pace lap.
  • All road course races will have a standing start.
Race Format (Roadster Cup)
  • Saturday nights
  • Practice: 8:00pm EST to 8:15pm EST
  • Race: 8:15pm EST
  • Pre-Race Announcements: Race format/procedure. Caution format/procedure. Pitting Rules. Other important announcements.
  • Line Up: Go to the pits and make sure your time is cleared, because it can mess up the order. Go to the track when called. (In order of qualification)
  • All races will be held in the ARS Club Lobby, unless otherwise specified.
  • All oval races will have a pace lap.
  • All road course races will have a standing start.
Qualifier Settings
  • Qualifying will be held in the ARS club in the community events from Wednesday to Saturday before the race. (Closes 2 hours before the race)
  • We will only take the first 2 attempts.
  • All qualifying sessions will start from pit road.
  • Qualifier Format: Race (Alone)
  • Time Limit:
    • Ovals: 6 Min.
    • Road Courses: 10 Min.
  • If you don't qualify, then you will start behind all qualified cars in series points order.
  • Once the qualifier closes no more times will be accepted, so be sure to get a time in beforehand.
  • Due to one point being awarded for pole position and to keep our records in order, if a driver sets a qualifying time and fails to participate in the corresponding event, then that drivers time will be excluded from the event and all subsequent drivers will be moved up.
Course Settings
  • Weather: 0%
  • Time: 13:00
  • Time Progression: 1
  • Weather Changeability: 0
  • Surface Water at Race Start: 0
Lounge Settings/Event Settings
  • Start Type
    • Ovals: Double-file Rolling Start
    • Road Courses: Grid Start with False Start Check
  • Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: None
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Very Fast
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Minimum No. of Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tire Type Change: Off
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to one timed lap to allow all drivers to complete their current lap.
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Heavy
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Microphone: On *As a rule and out of general respect for your fellow drivers, please mute your microphone if you are being distracted by your Wife/Girlfriend/Mother/Buddies*
Regulation Settings
  • Tire Restrictions: Racing Hard only
  • Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted (Prohibited for Roadster Cup)
  • ABS: Available
  • Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Active Steering: Prohibited
  • ASM: Prohibited
  • Driving Line: Available
  • Traction Control: Prohibited
  • Nitrous: Prohibited
Cautions

Road races: 4 or more cars must make contact in a crash resulting from contact; or adverse racing (weather) conditions in general, with or without an accident.

Oval races: 2 or more cars must make contact in a crash resulting from contact; or adverse racing (weather) conditions in general, with or without an accident.

If all cars are still facing the correct direction and moving forward, this does not necessitate calling a caution. This would be considered incidental contact or a racing incident. But if it seems warranted based on the amount of contact that took place, call a caution. Calling a caution is the responsibility of the drivers involved. All cautions will be reviewed by the stewards. Calling an unwarranted or incorrect caution could result in either a penalty or a post-race disqualification.

To call a caution, you must type the letter "C" into the chat box, then you may announce "Caution" over the mic.

Once the caution is thrown the overall race leader will gently slow down and all cars will group up behind. Any cars behind the incident may pass through. Cars rejoining the track must do so cautiously and blend back in with the field appropriately. After grouping up, all cars trapped between their class leader and the overall race leader (between them in the queue) are to take a wave-by at a specified time (called by actual ARS officials in chat and mic) and catch the back of the line without passing amongst themselves. Drivers that were "punted" on a road course will receive their position back under caution. After this is completed, the pits can be opened for everyone and the race can be restarted after any additional non-pit wave-bys are completed, with the classes separated at the restart by speed.
  • Please signify whether you are pitting or not by moving to the white line on the inside of the racing surface. No last-minute fake outs. If you enter pit lane on the backstretch under caution, you are committed to making a pit stop.
  • Pitting is not required.
  • All cars pit on the same lap, including lapped cars.
  • Entering and exiting pit lane on ovals is done on the backstretch.
Upon exiting the pits, drivers will line up single file and prepare for the restart. The leader will initiate the restart in the restart zone. Do Not jump the start. Please respect the position in front of you. You cannot pass before you get to the start finish line. There will be no more cautions with 5 laps to go.
  • Caution speed: 50 Mph @ Road courses/Motegi Super Speedway
  • Caution speed: 60 Mph @ Indy Super Speedway
Caution Pit Stop Limits
  • Under the caution flag, you are only allowed 4 pit stops.
  • Under the green flag, you can make as many stops as you want.
Points System

20 points to Win Race
17 for 2nd, 15 for 3rd, 13 for 4th, etc.
1 Bonus point: Pole Position
1 Bonus point: Fastest Lap
We will be dropping your worst finish or a DNS.

In case of championship tie after the season finale: 1 Bonus point for most wins in the season. If there is still a tie for the lead there will be a 5-lap shoot-out at a track the series runs at during the season (will take a vote among not eligible competitors) winner will receive 1 bonus point.

Teams
  • You do not have to have a teammate to participate in this series.
  • Just tell me a team name and the drivers on the team.
  • No more than 3 drivers per team.
  • Team Points are the total of the top 2 cars added together.
  • Team Cars must run the same color. (Indy Lights Only)
  • You will only receive team points after signing up as a team.
Lucky Dog

The first car one lap down will receive the Lucky Dog pass. If a caution is called, the first car one lap down may pass the lead lap cars, get their lap back and catch up with the rear of the field. The Lucky Dog may pit with the lead lap cars but must restart at the back, behind the lapped cars no matter where they come out of the pits.

End of the Season Awards
  • Front Runner Award (Most wins)
  • Rookie of the Season (Goes to the highest finishing rookie in the season driver points)
  • Pole Award (Most pole positions)
  • Team Championship (The team that scores the most points in the season)
  • Driver Points Championship (The driver that scores the most points in the season)
Registration
GTPlanet Name:
PSN:
Car Color:
Car Number: (MX-5 Cup Only)
Team: (if applicable)

Late sign up Policy
Signups will close after the 3rd points race. After signups are closed you may still join the series, but you must either be referred by a current series member or participate in a test night for that series.
Registration.PNG

Registration.PNG

A.R.S. Rookie Classification
Drivers signed up with yellow names are A.R.S. Rookies
You are a Rookie until you make 3 starts in a season or until you make 4 total ARS starts.

Don't forget to go by the A.R.S. group page

Last edited:
Grand Valley 150 Qualifying Results.PNG

Grand Valley 150 Race Results.PNG
Freedom 300K Qualifying Results.PNG

Freedom 300K Race Results.PNG
Grand Prix of Route 5 Qualifying Results.PNG

Grand Prix of Route 5 Race Results.PNG
Driver Standings.PNG

Team Standings.PNG

Last edited:
Grand Valley 60 Qualifying Results.PNG
Grand Valley 60 Race Results.PNG
Indy 75 Qualifying Results.PNG
Indy 75 Race Results.PNG
Sony 60 Qualifying Results.PNG
Sony 60 Race Results.PNG
Driver Standings.PNG
Team Standings.PNG

Last edited:
GTPlanet ID: @Dylan
PSN: dylanlikes88
Color for Roadster: Sassy Grass Green
Color for RBJr: TBD
Number for Roadster: #72
Team: DW SimMotorsports

It's gonna be tricky getting practice in now that I'm back in school. But I will try my hardest to attend every race! Last chance to get an A.R.S Championship on Gran Turismo 6. I'm going for it!

GTPlanet Name: Michelin
PSN: GTP_Michelin9960
Car Color: White (both entries)
Car Number: #30
Team: Michelin Racing (open for teammates).

No Laguna Seca? Booooooooo :lol:

Everyone is going to watch Xfinity or are y'all open for some testing?

Although I'm doubting if I can make all races, count me in.

@CrazyJohn
CrazyJohnIsHere
Red (both)
Virtual Endurance Racing Team

Edit: Races start at 1 AM for me so I'll take part in all races.

GTPlanet Name: Michelin
PSN: GTP_Michelin9960
Car Color: White (both entries)
Car Number: #21
Team: Michelin Racing (open for teammates).

No Laguna Seca? Booooooooo :lol:

Actually, change my number to #21.

Will get signups updated this evening. Anyone up for a Roadster test at Indy tonight or tomorrow?

But I will try my hardest to attend every race!
So the one friend I have IRL is wanting to get together with me in the beginning of October. I've been busy preparing for school the last few months so I haven't gotten to see him in a while. Which means I'm either going to miss SSR5 or Motegi. Hoping it's the former since it's my worst track on the schedule. Just thought I'd give you a heads up @aceboy127.

Just a quick note that @quentin1974/nolucktoday will be joining TPM for the MX-5 Cup.

Also, is anyone else having issues creating rooms to run the qualifier?

Quick question aceboy , is there any chance for changing the motegi speedway to another track that isnt an oval track ?
Nope. The Indy Lights series has always run at Indy speedway and Motegi speedway and that will not change for the final season.

Back