A.R.S. Indy Lights Season 4 | Dylan wins the MX-5 Cup and Aceboy wins the Indy Lights SeriesFinished 

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 119 comments
Well I have some good news everyone I have found out what has been causing all the issues and headaches with me not being able to host anything. The bad news is there is absolutely nothing I can do to overcome this issue. I will still be running the series, but would anyone care to take over hosting duties or we can just do it like we did last week for the remainder of the season.

Well I have some good news everyone I have found out what has been causing all the issues and headaches with me not being able to host anything. The bad news is there is absolutely nothing I can do to overcome this issue. I will still be running the series, but would anyone care to take over hosting duties or we can just do it like we did last week for the remainder of the season.

deleted

Last edited:
DW SimMotorsports Announcment

Dylan will be running the color red in the Indy Lights Series for the remainder of the season.
Sassy Grass Green will still be used in the MX-5 Cup.

While you may have beat me to the pole Dylan, do you remember what happened at the last Indy Lights race at Indianapolis? ;)

upload_2017-9-23_18-34-19.png

Running a little late. I'll should be on by 8:15.

Last edited:
Indy 75 Qualifying Results.PNG
Freedom 300K Qualifying Results.PNG

Theres the qualifying results, see everyone soon. Could someone open a room?

I heard a lot of people on the mic talking about how I was driving tonight. I am going to try to explain why I did what I did during the Indy Lights race, and why I was driving so unusual.

To start off, the race was progressing as normal until I hit the wall sometime during the opening 10-15 laps. This caused me to lose the draft. After I lost the draft, I realized my only shot at winning, barring a caution, would be to turn this into a fuel mileage race. Before the race, I observed that a quarter tank would last 6 laps, which meant a full tank would last 24 laps. Using a 24 lap fuel tank, you would need to pit with 3 laps to go to make it to the end. If you figure in the pace lap, you would need to save about 2.5 laps to make it on only two stops.

So i decided to save gas. I thought by taking only two stops, this would allow me to pass others who pit for a third stop close to the end. Unless a caution came out, i figured this would be my only chance at not finishing last. And if a caution came out, I would simply get the lucky dog on and be back on the lead lap.

When I came out of my first pit stop, I came out near @nascarfan1400. I attempted to move to the outside lane and slow down to let him pass while he was trying to draft me. In doing so, I impeded his race, even thought I had no intention to. I was just trying to continue my fuel saving.

At lap 40, I calculated that I had saved enough fuel to finish the race without any more coasting. During the second exchange of pit stops, I was able to pass @nascarfan1400 during the exchange before I made my second stop. A few laps after my stop, I passed nascarfan on track and he started drafting behind me. I realized that he was probably close on fuel, and that he could use my draft to save fuel. So I decided to try and break the draft. I thought if I broke the draft, he could not save fuel, and might have to pit a third time, where I could pass him for 4th. I realize that weaving like that was wrong, potentially dangerous, and unacceptable.

I apologize to @nascarfan1400, for impeding his race tonight, on multiple occasions. I also apologize to any other driver who I may have impeded tonight, in either the MX-5, or Indy Lights race. I try my best to race others fair, like how I would want to be raced, and I don't think I lived up to those standards tonight.

Sorry for the long post. I don't know if anyone is actually upset at me, but I just felt like I should put this out there.

I heard a lot of people on the mic talking about how I was driving tonight. I am going to try to explain why I did what I did during the Indy Lights race, and why I was driving so unusual.

To start off, the race was progressing as normal until I hit the wall sometime during the opening 10-15 laps. This caused me to lose the draft. After I lost the draft, I realized my only shot at winning, barring a caution, would be to turn this into a fuel mileage race. Before the race, I observed that a quarter tank would last 6 laps, which meant a full tank would last 24 laps. Using a 24 lap fuel tank, you would need to pit with 3 laps to go to make it to the end. If you figure in the pace lap, you would need to save about 2.5 laps to make it on only two stops.

So i decided to save gas. I thought by taking only two stops, this would allow me to pass others who pit for a third stop close to the end. Unless a caution came out, i figured this would be my only chance at not finishing last. And if a caution came out, I would simply get the lucky dog on and be back on the lead lap.

When I came out of my first pit stop, I came out near @nascarfan1400. I attempted to move to the outside lane and slow down to let him pass while he was trying to draft me. In doing so, I impeded his race, even thought I had no intention to. I was just trying to continue my fuel saving.

At lap 40, I calculated that I had saved enough fuel to finish the race without any more coasting. During the second exchange of pit stops, I was able to pass @nascarfan1400 during the exchange before I made my second stop. A few laps after my stop, I passed nascarfan on track and he started drafting behind me. I realized that he was probably close on fuel, and that he could use my draft to save fuel. So I decided to try and break the draft. I thought if I broke the draft, he could not save fuel, and might have to pit a third time, where I could pass him for 4th. I realize that weaving like that was wrong, potentially dangerous, and unacceptable.

I apologize to @nascarfan1400, for impeding his race tonight, on multiple occasions. I also apologize to any other driver who I may have impeded tonight, in either the MX-5, or Indy Lights race. I try my best to race others fair, like how I would want to be raced, and I don't think I lived up to those standards tonight.

Sorry for the long post. I don't know if anyone is actually upset at me, but I just felt like I should put this out there.
That clears up a lot. I wasn't mad either, i was just confused lol, I understand what you were doing now and all's good. :)

To be honest I feel like Montoya in his last years in NASCAR here. Great at road courses, average at best in ovals. :lol:
Too bad we aren't running Martinsville. :)

DW SimMotorsports Announcement

@Dylan will not be able to participate at Twin Ring Motegi in 2 weeks due to a prior commitment. @Dylan will be participating at Special Stage Route 5 and Autumn Ring.

Back