A.R.S. Super GT Season 1 | Bambi and Trick win at Motegi | Bambi and Trick are the ChampionsFinished 

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 226 comments
@aceboy127

Speaking of bop, the current gt300 qualifying results have me a bit baffled. I am not a top guy so the fact that im first at all yet alone by so much seems like an issue. I have a very, very basic tune on. Diff, shocks and toe. Stock trans, stock aero, stock springs and arb's. If we need to adjust the bop package of the lexus let me know. I'll take any input from the other gt300 drivers too. I would consider dylan to be a faster driver than me so i think when the bop is just right i should be chasing him.

Last edited:
Im confused by the GT300 results too. I ran a 1:44.7xx and that is almost everything I had. There is probably another second and a half out there.

I see you're in the brz. If it helps i used a slightly modified bowtie tune on it which was good for 1:43.5 in the brz

Maybe the is350 needs a mix of ballast and restrictor to get it up to the 44's

The GT-R is a peculiar car to drive. But looking at the numbers, there's no way there's a second difference between the two cars.

Just my 2 cents. Of course I'm in the HSV, I did test the GTR and HSV both this morning.

I'd say both GTR and HSV Orginal specs by @aceboy127 are just fine for Fuji. As in any given second around Fuji you can make a mistake that costs you a lot.

The HSV is faster for me by only .2xx on average than the GTR. That's not fast lap. Both cars were in 34s for me. Not a second difference. There's laps where GTR is faster and laps where HSV is faster. And keep in mind Draft in race. It's huge on especially on Fuji.I'll run with what I'm given :)

Again just my opinion but I'm not the one to decide the specs :cheers:

Either way I'll see you guys tonight! Looking forward to the race! :cheers:

@Ph1sher so you want the original specs back? I'd vouch for that, I proposed the nerf to appease the others so we could have more than just one car.

Of course it's up to White Knight Racing if they'd be comfortable with that, with your new data.

I would like to try and enter for the gt300 joining up with Whitey if he's still good with that.
GTPlanet Name: lllTrick
PSN: lllTrick
Car: Lexis is350
Car Color: Matt /red rims
Car Number: 14
Team: what's our team called Whitey ?

I'm trying to find the time in the next couple hours to run qualy. I guess to do that I just need an invite to the room.

Note: I will do my absolute best to make it tonight but as some already know I'm preparing for a vacation and doing a lot of running around to get ready.

Ok I will sort all of this stuff out after the race. A bit overwhelmed today, but no problems. Should be good to go tonight. Here are the official results from qualifying. See you all in about 40 minutes.
2017 Fuji GT Qualifying.PNG

So I found the IS350 to be slightly faster compared to the Subaru, and although it's late, I propose the following changes to help make these two cars closer.

IS350: 526PP/360HP/1164KG

-5hp
+14kg

To make the PP limit the ballast will have to be shifted slightly to the front (-25), this will even apex speeds and prevent the practice of shifting the weight to the pack to improve lap time. Also, I found the brakes to be better at this setting.

Up to you guys if you want to run it.

It was saying incompatible with host. I just reset my router so give me a sec.
Edit: still won't let me join. Could you reset/create a new room? You don't have to if you don't want to but I really would like to race.

Obviously we have a few things to work on from a administrative/steward point of view. Communication being at the top of the list. Whatever went wrong last night will not happen again. Our caution system actually works just fine for any type of racing but it requires each driver to be aware responsible for themselves in almost every situation. Know the rules. If you don't know the rules, print them out, grab a highlighter and highlight what needs attention from yourself. If we all watch out for each other everything will be just fine. Meaning, when the caution comes out pay attention to your position and remain calm. We have a full lap, potentially two laps at caution speed to work everything out. We clearly should have taken another lap last night. Try and keep the mic lines open so the stewards can make sure everything is where it should be. You will find after a few races or caution periods, our rules become second nature very quickly.

Obviously we have a few things to work on from a administrative/steward point of view. Communication being at the top of the list. Whatever went wrong last night will not happen again. Our caution system actually works just fine for any type of racing but it requires each driver to be aware responsible for themselves in almost every situation. Know the rules. If you don't know the rules, print them out, grab a highlighter and highlight what needs attention from yourself. If we all watch out for each other everything will be just fine. Meaning, when the caution comes out pay attention to your position and remain calm. We have a full lap, potentially two laps at caution speed to work everything out. We clearly should have taken another lap last night. Try and keep the mic lines open so the stewards can make sure everything is where it should be. You will find after a few races or caution periods, our rules become second nature very quickly.

what is the reason that we are using a caution for races. As opposed to the IR system if someone crashes or is taken out during the race? I'm not familiar with using the caution so I don't want to pass judgement entirely atm. I would however, like to give my initial impression.
I found the caution to be extremely detrimental to the intensity and flow of the race. It completely unraveled any attempt at strategies set forth by drivers. It also made the end of the race uber underwhelming. At this point it has left a bad taste in my mouth with respect to wanting to use it. Add the fact that the majority of us didn't even get to finish the race and it really made no sense to me. I've been trying to work through why it would be needed and I simply can't come up with anything concrete enough to justify/excuse my initial impression. Perhaps some more insight into why its needed would be helpful. Also, is there the possibility of seeing what everyone wants to do as opposed to a unilateral decision. Just an idea.

Also, I would really like to see about having the race finish for everyone racing. Having the time run out feels really unsatisfying, like I wasn't able to complete the race or simply messed up after 2hrs race time. It sounds like in real multi class racing, thats how its done. Somehow though, I feel like something is lost in translation. I think everyone being able to finish the race would really go along way in making the race complete and getting a sense of finality. IMO sometimes setting something up to be too authentic can actually have the opposite effect when done through a video game.

I liked the idea of the multi class racing. I'm just worried about aspects of it that will undermine the experience. Looking forward to hearing what comes of the initial event and if some tweaks can be made that will satisfy all involved.

While I understand you may feel a little disappointed that you didn't get to "finish" the race @lllTrick the only way to make that happen in-game is to have the races be timed. In the real world, Super GT has always been a lap-based event so I feel that it would ruin the immersion to a degree, and possibly manifest a situation where a caution/safety car inadvertently ends the race because it takes longer than anticipated, that's why @Eva's Super GT went back to laps from timed in S3 last year.

My recommendation is to implement a regulation where once the "overall" leader has taken the checkered flag and the countdown timer begins, once you cross the finish line, if laps down, your race is considered finished and you are to hit the "pause" button and maintain position where you finished. This won't give you times in GT6's system but it is possible to derive your overall race time looking at the race replay. The GT6 system is merely for aesthetics in my opinion and in close finishes it can even be inaccurate.

But I'll leave matters like this for the series organizers to discuss. It is only my opinion.

While I understand you may feel a little disappointed that you didn't get to "finish" the race @lllTrick the only way to make that happen in-game is to have the races be timed. In the real world, Super GT has always been a lap-based event so I feel that it would ruin the immersion to a degree, and possibly manifest a situation where a caution/safety car inadvertently ends the race because it takes longer than anticipated, that's why @Eva's Super GT went back to laps from timed in S3 last year.

My recommendation is to implement a regulation where once the "overall" leader has taken the checkered flag and the countdown timer begins, once you cross the finish line, if laps down, your race is considered finished and you are to hit the "pause" button and maintain position where you finished. This won't give you times in GT6's system but it is possible to derive your overall race time looking at the race replay. The GT6 system is merely for aesthetics in my opinion and in close finishes it can even be inaccurate.

But I'll leave matters like this for the series organizers to discuss. It is only my opinion.

I think the caution rule is the reason nothing is working. The immersion effect like you mentioned is a great example of why we should consider removing the caution. I hear what your saying I'm just not sure it's worth all the issues that come up when it doesn't work out.

Just for the sake of my curiosity, how many of you that are unfamiliar with our caution procedure actually read this in the OP.
Cautions
Cautions in this league are defined as 2 or more cars making contact resulting in a crash/accident. If both cars are still facing the correct direction and moving forward, this does not necessitate calling a caution. This would be considered incidental contact or a racing incident. But if it seems warranted based on the amount of contact that took place, call a caution. Calling a caution is the responsibility of the drivers involved. All cautions will be reviewed by the stewards. Calling an unwarranted or incorrect caution could result in a post-race disqualification.

To call a caution, you must type the letter "C" into the chat box, then you may announce "Caution" over the mic.

When a caution is called, the lead lap cars will gently slow down to the posted caution speed. As soon as the field regroups single file and the lapped cars are accounted for, the pits will open. Any cars behind the incident may pass through. Cars rejoining the track must do so cautiously and blend back in with the field appropriately. Drivers that were "punted" on a road course will receive their position back under caution. Sometimes we may say to go slower to allow the field to get regrouped, so we can go green that time around.
  • Please signify whether you are pitting or not by moving to the white line on the inside of the racing surface. No last-minute fake outs. If you enter pit lane on the backstretch under caution, you are committed to making a pit stop.
  • Pitting is not required.
  • All cars pit on the same lap, including lapped cars.
  • Entering and exiting pit lane on ovals is done on the backstretch.
Upon exiting the pits, drivers will line up single file and prepare for the restart. The leader will initiate the restart at the Start/Finish line. Do Not jump the start. Please respect the position in front of you. You can’t pass before you get to the start finish line. There will be no more cautions with 3 laps to go.
  • Caution speed: 55 Mph

Just for the sake of my curiosity, how many of you that are unfamiliar with our caution procedure actually read this in the OP.
I read this of course but this only deals with one class of cars. There needs to be amendments to clear up how the two classes are supposed to be sorting themselves amongst each other, along with other things.

Dude. I'm gonna say this one time then we're gonna all move on. This is our league. We've been racing together for 6 years. We've been running cautions for like 4 years. Years. Several series/championships, too many to count. We have made this work over and over with minimal issues. We have a little work to do but we will make it work. If you don't like it, bye. Seriously. I don't comprehend where anyone gets off coming in here and telling us how to run our league. I'm not looking for a super wordy response either. If you're not happy, leave.

That caution that we had was extremely ill timed. But that actually doesn't matter. See, because in real life racing they have cautions all the time. In every series any of us have ever watched, there are cautions. For safety reason of course. In video games we don't have to worry about safety. But we like to make our series as real as the game we're playing will let us. If you know anything about GT6, you know that it is somewhat limited for options in this department. Options like multi class racing, rolling starts, cautions, etc. So we implement all of those things as well as we can or as well as the game will let us. Simulators like Iracing have cautions periods. The reason why is because the race isn't about you. Your race. It's about all of the competitors in the event as a whole, including you of course. Its about having fun. "extremely detrimental to the intensity and flow of the race" to who's race? Yours? See, I'm worried about the drivers involved in the accident. Making sure everyone is facing the correct direction and moving forward. I really don't understand why I'm having to explain any of this. Didn't get to finish? That's how multi class racing works, on GT6, generally speaking. That's how it works in real life as well. Maybe you've never watched LeMans or any race on tv for that matter.

I watched the replay. Twice. The action after the restart was great there were some really nice battles out there. I know we had a room full of smart fellas out there last night but we all make mistakes. Spin out in front of the leaders because you just barely clipped the grass? Cause a pile up due to pure confusion while being lapped? Dive too deep and jack somebody in the door? These are called accidents. We call a caution, regroup the field and get after it again. Yes, it messes up strategies. That is exactly how it works in real life as well. Come prepared, deal with it or leave.

Dude. I'm gonna say this one time then we're gonna all move on. This is our league. We've been racing together for 6 years. We've been running cautions for like 4 years. Years. Several series/championships, too many to count. We have made this work over and over with minimal issues. We have a little work to do but we will make it work. If you don't like it, bye. Seriously. I don't comprehend where anyone gets off coming in here and telling us how to run our league. I'm not looking for a super wordy response either. If you're not happy, leave.

That caution that we had was extremely ill timed. But that actually doesn't matter. See, because in real life racing they have cautions all the time. In every series any of us have ever watched, there are cautions. For safety reason of course. In video games we don't have to worry about safety. But we like to make our series as real as the game we're playing will let us. If you know anything about GT6, you know that it is somewhat limited for options in this department. Options like multi class racing, rolling starts, cautions, etc. So we implement all of those things as well as we can or as well as the game will let us. Simulators like Iracing have cautions periods. The reason why is because the race isn't about you. Your race. It's about all of the competitors in the event as a whole, including you of course. Its about having fun. "extremely detrimental to the intensity and flow of the race" to who's race? Yours? See, I'm worried about the drivers involved in the accident. Making sure everyone is facing the correct direction and moving forward. I really don't understand why I'm having to explain any of this. Didn't get to finish? That's how multi class racing works, on GT6, generally speaking. That's how it works in real life as well. Maybe you've never watched LeMans or any race on tv for that matter.

I watched the replay. Twice. The action after the restart was great there were some really nice battles out there. I know we had a room full of smart fellas out there last night but we all make mistakes. Spin out in front of the leaders because you just barely clipped the grass? Cause a pile up due to pure confusion while being lapped? Dive too deep and jack somebody in the door? These are called accidents. We call a caution, regroup the field and get after it again. Yes, it messes up strategies. That is exactly how it works in real life as well. Come prepared, deal with it or leave.
Who was that directed to?

If we are going to go with a take it or leave it approach, that attitude doesnt work for me and i think team rival will leave it respectfully. If we can talk about whats going on and how to make things better for everyone then we can work out the kinks and improve the racing. I feel it is necessary to allow feedback from people who dedicate time to your series.

We arent trying to come in here and dictate how things have been or are being run. It is clear that ARS has had a long and succesful run. I think we all agree though that the race had some kinks and i think productive critique of that is entirely fair.

I do want to emphasize that i invited trick to be my teammate the day before the race and he had zero prep time before the race especially given he was also packing for a 2 week vacation so forgive the foginess of the rules. I read them a few times and wasnt entirely comfortable with the process going in as it is not common in gt6.

No one came into you league telling you what to do. I was giving you my POV. Because (and your right here), I'm not "happy". Great decorum btw. Is this why there are only 4 GT500 participants and a small handful of gt300 racers? Because you treat people like your better then they are? I'm sorry who are you again?

How you respond to people (That make your league possible) about issues with regards to protocols that clearly don't work. Is just as important as establishing the rules themselves. Without us "dudes". You don't have a league.

Its about having fun. "extremely detrimental to the intensity and flow of the race" to who's race? Yours?/QUOTE]

um, it's called racing for a reason. Creating rules to simulate something from real life that doesn't apply here is nonsensical. There's a reason its being met with so much resistance. It doesn't work!

I don't think anyone "enjoyed" your caution rule. In fact the response I witnessed was quite the opposite it made no sense to anyone. And it certainly isn't "fun". fun is planning strategizing practicing and then racing hard to try and win. Fun is the battles that come from the idea that your trying to best other racers. sometimes it works out and sometimes you get hit or wipe out and its all over. Online that's how it goes.

clearly there is need to revise the racing issues. I Don't think you telling people to shut up or leave is the right direction to take considering how many people are currently in this championship atm who are not impressed.

Back