A-spec Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 406 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

A-spec #36 Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge @ Nürburgring Nordschleife.jpg
A-spec #36 Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge @ Nürburgring Nordschleife - ER Cars List.jpg

A-spec [#36] Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge @ Nürburgring Nordschleife.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Whahoo 1st post! Thank you again @nowcontrol for putting up these as soon as they come out. I honestly don't know what the community would do without you (yes, someone would take your place as you did) but you do an excellent job. So thanks again.

Another race at the "Ring? Come on PD, give it a rest for Pete's sake. Only 1 lap and you'll be almost a minute behind, give us a break. Too bad it would accept the NSX from the last TT, I might could win with it with all the laps I ran trying for Silver. I'm waiting for tunes before I try this one. I may even wait until it's almost over.

Last edited:
Ok finished 3rd twice lol. I need to hit this one when I am not sleepy. Hard to pass with these wide cars. I used the Arta NSX then the GTR base model btw.

Tough one here, have to be at top of your game. NSX Base not enough, may have to revert to the primo GT500, the HSV-010.

For whatever reason, the Weider, Raybrig, Keihin, and Base Model versions of the HSV-010 are cleared for entry, but not the 15th Anniversary HSV-010, which is the only one I own. :grumpy: I've less than 400k credits, so it's not like I can buy another GT500 car (at all) right now.

Guess I'll be giving my Takata Dome NSX '03 a try with this one.

Won it using the HSV-010 GT Base Model 12 for 6:33.334. Tried it again with a longer final gear (didn't help) however still won and I see it paid out again. I'm on Log in 3 position so only made $700,000. Mind you before I did the race I bought some expensive cars to lower my credits from $49m.
Wish this had been a Time Trial instead.

Shame we can't 'lend' cars like we could in GT5.

Ha ha, 6:33 sounded pretty good after 7:05 in the NSX in the 550PP Time Trial.

Oh, tried to use the prize car in the race Honda, NSX GT500 Stealth Model, but it's ineligible.

I don't understand the timing here. My best time was 6:29.1 with 2nd place 11.24 sec's behind, yet the time shown at the top of the leader board was 6:57 something.
This time I did 6:30.2 with 2nd place 10.236 sec's behind and it showed up as 6:58.513.
Don't know how that works. Keep getting the $700,000 though so that would help a few people.

6:25.9 which showed on results as 6:54.213, 2nd place + 7.299 sec's.

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice that the little garage logo on the bottom of the event lights up when you have a car that complies with that event?

Eks
Hasn't that been there for a while now?

Not sure myself, I just noticed when as I decided to get a oil change first after I selected a car and backed out.

No luck so far. I ended up placing 3rd on my first try with the Takata Dome NSX '03. It managed to climb up to ~185mph on the final straightaway, which I'm sure is faster than what most - if not all - of the competition was managing. Even though it didn't take the win, I was impressed with its performance.

I then tried three times with my newly-bought Lexus SC430 Base Model, and placed 2nd each time. I was not expecting even that, as it was generally slower than my NSX. I guess it's time to give it a rest for tonight, it's 4am. :lol: I'll try again tomorrow with the HSV-010 (one that I had to buy, since whoever manages the Seasonals wants to exclude the 15th Anniversary version :grumpy:).

Before I go, I managed to snap what I thought was a pretty cool photo:

34sma1y.jpg

Takata vs. Takata. 👍

So the 15th anniversary HSV is not allowed? The only other car I have is a 570pp Supra. Looks like I have to buy and learn a new car.

Had a quick go in a Supra I had. Totally guessed at the tune, but the car drove alright I suppose. Hurt my feelings that the Stealth that I won isn't usable in this race. I need a different car I think, maybe the Calsonic R34.

The AI is really inconsistent in their speed. On my first attempt I did a 6:39 lap, and came in third, 10 seconds behind the winner. On my third attempt (yeahyeah, offs and such...) I did a 6:38 lap and won by 4 seconds.

Back