about the xbox

• Thread starter LEBSTA
  • 13 comments
I don't know about anyone ealse but personaly I don't like the xbox, its too big,its ugly, u can't ues the DVD without the remote, they have got pretty gay games. thats why no one buys them. I preffer 2 stick with my PS2. (so I can play :gt:

35.jpg

Actually Xbox is the best damn console on the market. I believe strongly that anyone who claims any system is better and has better specs, are just complete ignorant fools. :rolleyes:

Ya know, it's funny... I haven't even turned my PS2 on in the last few weeks. All I've been playing is Xbox. Actually, the only game I'll turn my PS2 on for anymore is GT3 and maybe a little GTA3 from time to time.

Personally, I don't really care how physically large the system is. It's never been an issue. It fits nicely in my entertainment stand.

It's ugly? <shrug> Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder. :) Once it's sitting in the entertainment center, only the front shows and <GASP> it is just black on the front.

Who cares if you can't play DVD's without the remote. With the PS2, unless you buy the actual Sony remote, you are missing out on a ton of functionality - Like, you can't see the time remaining. So, if you want to stop a DVD take it out and watch it later, you have to flip to what you figure is the right "chapter" then fast forward 'till you get to the right section.

Gay games? :lol: That's the most laughable one yet. Anyone who thinks that a) hasn't played the Xbox, or b) hasn't played any of the A games. Fire up Halo and just stare at the grass for 10 mins. It's absolutely fantastic. Fire up Rallisport Challenge on one TV and WRC in another. No comparison.

<shrug> Both systems have their merits, except the Xbox has the merits of being a better system, while the PS2 has the benefit of having more game support, for a much weaker system.

Originally posted by W_conneely
i still reckon GT3 has the best gaphics i have ever seen.. even on the XBOX
Oh, there've very little doubt that on a whole, GT3 is one of the best looking games out there. It is not until you start really looking that you can see the flaws. Check out the wheel well when you get a minute - it's just a whole lotta straight lines all jammed together to make a sort of circle. The PS2 doesn't have the (pardon me if I've got the wrong terminology) anti-aliasing that the Xbox has, so it can't flatten out all the jaggies.

Well, that being said - the Xbox has hardware anti-aliasing (again, if I understand/remember correctly) and the PS2 has to do it all software based...

But, fire up Halo and stare at the grass (I still get mesmerized by that all the time) or fire up DOA3 (the snowy level) or fire up Rallisport Challenge - all 3 ('specially the latter 2) would give GT3 a run for it's money.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I love both systems... PS2 has the greatest number of games (by a long shot) but Xbox has the "capabilities" to produce higher quality games. Granted, the capabilities don't necessarily mean a whole lot - look at the 3DO, the Jaguar, etc... etc... but only time will tell. As long as both systems but out high quality games, we (the gamers) win.

Originally posted by ethanol

Hey, don't get me wrong. I love both systems... PS2 has the greatest number of games (by a long shot) but Xbox has the "capabilities" to produce higher quality games. Granted, the capabilities don't necessarily mean a whole lot - look at the 3DO, the Jaguar, etc... etc... but only time will tell. As long as both systems but out high quality games, we (the gamers) win.

You are my new best friend ethanol. You and Tom McDonnell are the only people at GTPlanet who feel the same way about the Xbox. You mentioned above that PS2 has the most games. It has also had a year head start on the PS2 ethanol. Its not fair to say that. :(
:)

Originally posted by ViperConcept
Actually Xbox is the best damn console on the market. I believe strongly that anyone who claims any system is better and has better specs, are just complete ignorant fools. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

You are my new best friend ethanol.
:lol: Good, can you lend me $20? :D
You mentioned above that PS2 has the most games. It has also had a year head start on the PS2 ethanol. Its not fair to say that. :(
:)

Well, while I'd like to agree that it's "not fair", it's a fact. Fairness doesn't really factor into the equation. Sony has done a hell of a job swaying publishers to publish for them, and they've done this both with PS2 and PS1. Think back years ago to when the Sega Saturn came out.... It was Sega's (either the #2 or perhaps #1 video game company around because of Genesis days) big powerhouse system and it had terrible 3rd party support. Most of the first party games were great (since they were almost straight arcade ports).

So, Sony has some magical way of convincing publishers to bring their games to a system that is (by all reports) the most challenging to code... and for that, I've got to give them all the credit in the world.

:D

Unfortunately Microsoft are losing money hand over fist on it at the moment - and Sony and Nintendo aren't on theirs.

i love sony and their games especialy GT3,GTA3,MGS2 etc and i never thought i would like the Xbox, but since i got the Xbox i hardly picked the PS2 up except for a bit of gt3...you have to have both systems in my opinion. like someone has already said competition can only be a good thing for us consumers..

just wish the controllers were of similar sizes, the ps2 pad feels so wrong after a few hours of Halo...

Originally posted by HUDSONJONES
i love sony and their games especialy GT3,GTA3,MGS2 etc and i never thought i would like the Xbox, but since i got the Xbox i hardly picked the PS2 up except for a bit of gt3...you have to have both systems in my opinion. like someone has already said competition can only be a good thing for us consumers..

just wish the controllers were of similar sizes, the ps2 pad feels so wrong after a few hours of Halo...

Try the S. I personally don't like it. Prolly cause I have huge-gantic hands.

Pics:
1.jpg

3.jpg

Back