Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,805 comments
Thank you for this post! How in earth have I missed this, just changed my races, guy knows my name... Mega

Something to ponder. Installing it now...
Forum http://thecrewchief.org/

Voice Recognition via Microsoft Speech recognition, allows you to communicate back to the Crew Chief asking questions about your laps, car, position and many other race details. Some examples:
"how's my [fuel / tyre wear / body work / aero / engine / transmission / suspension / pace ]"
"how are my [tyre temps / tyre temperatures / brakes / brake temps / brake temperatures / engine temps / engine temperatures]" (gives a good / bad type response)
"What are my [brake temps / tyre temps]" (gives the actual temps) "what's my [gap in front / gap ahead / gap behind / last lap / last lap time / lap time / position / fuel level / best lap / best lap time]"
"what's the fastest lap" (reports the fastest lap in the session for the player's car class)
"keep quiet / I know what I'm doing / leave me alone" (switches off messages)
"keep me informed / keep me posted / keep me updated" (switches messages back on)

Thanks for this.
What would be involved in copying the GT-type 'pop' backfire from that R8 wide body Spyder on to other cars? I think a had a go at this once but it didn't end well.

I don't have GTS, but if you can provide a gif or Youtube video with a timestamp of the backfire you want, I'll give it a go at recreating it.

preview.jpg

URD Bayro EGT Beta leaked. Cant share it because it is against the rules but search other forums for links.

I don't have GTS, but if you can provide a gif or Youtube video with a timestamp of the backfire you want, I'll give it a go at recreating it.
Thanks - the one I want is already on that R8 Spyder Wide Body that I linked to (from Assettoland). I'm just interested how to transfer it to other cars, what data to copy etc.

Thanks - the one I want is already on that R8 Spyder Wide Body that I linked to (from Assettoland). I'm just interested how to transfer it to other cars, what data to copy etc.

Ah, 30 second job then.

Before copying flames.ini from the Audi, call the file you're about to replace flames_old.ini.

Copy both flames.ini and flames_preset.ini in the Audi's data folder. After pasting those, go back to the Audi's main car folder and copy it's texture folder, then paste that. Then copy the [POSITION] section from inside flames_old.ini to your new copy-pasted flames.ini.

Have a look in CM showroom, go to the car params tab, tick the "Align using data" and "flames" checkboxes and see if the red arrows are coming out of the exhaust. Play around with the [POSITION] values if it needs some re-aligning.

If people want to make more tweaks to backfire, you can change the size, shape and direction of it in flames.ini. Seemingly you can make as many as you like. Other adjustments to when backfire is triggered are rather oddly... in the sounds.ini file.
In sounds.ini, you can control how much throttle/off throttle is required for a bang and also in which RPM range it happens.

Last edited:
Ah, 5 second job then.

Copy both flames.ini and flames_preset.ini in the data folder. After pasting those, go back to the Audi's main car folder and copy it's texture folder, then paste that. Done.

If people want to make more tweaks to backfire, you can change the size, shape and direction of it in flames.ini. Seemingly you can make as many as you like. Other adjustments to when backfire is triggered are rather oddly... in the sounds.ini file.
In sounds.ini, you can control how much throttle/off throttle is required for a bang and also in which RPM range it happens.
Great - thanks!
So when copying what you say the new flames will be in the correct position on the new car (assuming the new car already had flames mapped)?

Great - thanks!
So when copying what you say the new flames will be in the correct position on the new car (assuming the new car already had flames mapped)?

Oh shoot! I'm tired and forgot an obvious detail, post re-amended.

Before coping flames.ini, call the file you're about to replace flames_old.ini. Now do all your copying over. Then copy the [POSITION] section from inside flames_old.ini to your new copy-pasted flames.ini.

Have a look in CM showroom, go to the car params tab, tick the "Align using data" and "flames" checkboxes and see if the red arrows are coming out of the exhaust. Play around with the [POSITION] values if it needs some re-aligning.

after i raced on Stowe circuit driving Formula Silverstone and 370Z i have fallin in love with it. Track is great. seems easy but very technical and great for learning racing driving.
Finally i could make first version of the track, and it's a bit raw, but fine for driving already. The only other sims which has Stowe are Gran Turismo of corse and race room experience.

g-zLVT0E8Pw.jpg
g5Fo98JEhns.jpg
ons_bDzmses.jpg
Bf2XQjog9Rs.jpg
yaKa3fdFVKY.jpg
WOIKvlBuoc8.jpg

Oh shoot! I'm tired and forgot an obvious detail, post re-amended.

Before coping flames.ini, call the file you're about to replace flames_old.ini. Now do all your copying over. Then copy the [POSITION] section from inside flames_old.ini to your new copy-pasted flames.ini.

My man!
Worked a treat. VERY happy! :cheers:
Of course, I had to delete the RHS flames from the twin-exhaust R8 when dropping them into the little single-exhaust TR3, but I managed to work that bit out for myself, lol. You'll make a modder of me yet... ;)
The slow-burn flamethrower exhausts have always been a pet peeve of mine in Asseto Corsa. I know some GT cars have this type in real life but it seems to be used by default on wholly inappropriate cars, and it just looks daft. This Gran Turismo-style 'quick flash' backfire looks SO much better for the vast majority of cars, I reckon. I'll be updating a LOT of my favourite cars now that I know how simple it is.

Thanks again! :gtpflag:

Edit: here are the relevant files if anyone wants to update Velo's Triumph TR3s with new Gran Turismo-style 'pop' backfire effects. Works on all three different cars.
https://we.tl/t-LOJnW4Gpqf

Let me know what you think.

The original cars are here:
https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/standard-triumph.html

002.jpg

Now to try and fix that damn janky shifting animation....

Last edited:
I modified a car data and now the wheels turn in the opposite direction when I turn the
steering wheel.
Anyone knows what value I have to change?

I modified a car data and now the wheels turn in the opposite direction when I turn the
steering wheel.
Anyone knows what value I have to change?

open the car ini and put a negative (or remove the negative... make it opposite of what is now) sign in front of the "linear steer rod ratio" the number looks something like 0.000325

than you should tune that value in relation of your steering lock and steer ratio

open the car ini and put a negative (or remove the negative... make it opposite of what is now) sign in front of the "linear steer rod ratio" the number looks something like 0.000325

than you should tune that value in relation of your steering lock and steer ratio

Learning more every day... Thank you man!
Another question if you dont mind, is there an easy way to increase the power of the engine, let say from 260 to 290 whp?

does anybody here have the 997 turbo? assetto corsa facebook is down i cant seem to find it other than vk and assetto db which are both broken.

View attachment 845838
URD Bayro EGT Beta leaked. Cant share it because it is against the rules but search other forums for links.
Ahhh, come on...rules...
I used to download tons of paymods here a year ago.
What happened?
And moreover: why showing us these if it is unavailable?
Other forums...I've been searching for it for almost an hour but cannot find anywhere...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back