Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,789 comments
Last edited:
Indy Toronto by DAB
https://we.tl/t-9pTJI9NkpR

upload_2019-11-18_13-6-55.png

Last edited:
@Masscot Sorry to be a pain but I searched discord for the Okutama lights config but can't see it anywhere - do you have a link by chance. Proper good job on making all the billboards, balloons and choppers. I'm kinda getting addicted to having all these balloons floating round my tracks :lol:

@Masscot Sorry to be a pain but I searched discord for the Okutama lights config but can't see it anywhere - do you have a link by chance. Proper good job on making all the billboards, balloons and choppers. I'm kinda getting addicted to having all these balloons floating round my tracks :lol:

https://mega.nz/#F!eKRCUKTS!DA4ww-PvvaBBdJ-GhV038w

Put both files in .../...extension > config > tracks

Indy Toronto by DAB

Thanks, better than the version I had.
Could be improved a bit though (replay cams e.g.).
It's also missing A LOT of trees that are supposed to be there IRL.

It is basically the same as the version converted by Gilles75, but with several things (trees e.g.) removed.
Gilles' is very heavy on the system though (46 vs 137 fps avg...)

Last edited:
@Fanapryde @Masscot Trying to get my head round all this so one more question if that's ok - What is the Extension/config/tracks/loaded folder used for? I read that it can be removed (altho mine is full of ini and kn5 files)

@Fanapryde @Masscot Trying to get my head round all this so one more question if that's ok - What is the Extension/config/tracks/loaded folder used for? I read that it can be removed (altho mine is full of ini and kn5 files)
Files that are in the 'loaded' folder get automatic updates (if that is enabled in CM).
If you put the files in tracks (not loaded) they have priority and will not get updated.
If a track has not been tinkered with, it might be good to use the loaded folder, but for others (changes that are not made public - yet) it is better to have them in the other one, thus preventing them to get overwritten unintentionally.
There's no reason to remove the loaded folder.
Priority order = files in main track folder, second in extension/track and third extension/tracks/loaded.

Files that are in the 'loaded' folder get automatic updates (if that is enabled in CM).
If you put the files in tracks (not loaded) they have priority and will not get updated.
If a track has not been tinkered with, it might be good to use the loaded folder, but for others (changes that are not made public - yet) it is better to have them in the other one, thus preventing them to get overwritten unintentionally.
There's no reason to remove the loaded folder.
Priority order = files in main track folder, second in extension/track and third extension/tracks/loaded.

Thank you. I might well have asked this the other day, although that might have been a question about the cars extension folder, but I tend to forget things way too easily these days, and then I forget to search to see if I've already asked lol. I think it's gone in the old brain now though ;)

Can I edit the position of wheelless cockpit camera? In this screenshot it's good but for some mods it's too high and blocking view. AC's camera editor doesn't work on this angle (or I couldn't do it).
upload_2019-11-19_0-55-40.png

Also off-topic: Does does anybody know what's the high pitched electronic sound GTE cars make? They make the sound when slowing down and downshifting.
Edit: You can hear the sound in AC here (ACFAN sound mod). Sound's is there in IRL too.

Last edited:
are there any project Gotham street styled fantasy tracks for ac?

I can think of these tracks ported to AC:
  • Barcelona City (from GRID)
  • London City (from NSF Shift 2)
  • Milan Castello Circuit (from GRID)
  • Prague (from Forza 4)
  • San Francisco long + short (from GRID)
  • Seattle Circuit (from Gran Turismo 4)
  • Shanghai City (from NFS Shift 2)
  • Tokyo Harbour/Bay long + short (from NFS Shift)
  • Tokyo Route 246 (from Gran Turismo 5)
I am not sure if LuccaRing is a fantasy track.

I can think of these tracks ported to AC:
  • Barcelona City (from GRID)
  • London City (from NSF Shift 2)
  • Milan Castello Circuit (from GRID)
  • Prague (from Forza 4)
  • San Francisco long + short (from GRID)
  • Seattle Circuit (from Gran Turismo 4)
  • Shanghai City (from NFS Shift 2)
  • Tokyo Harbour/Bay long + short (from NFS Shift)
  • Tokyo Route 246 (from Gran Turismo 5)
I am not sure if LuccaRing is a fantasy track.

Several of them are fantasy (as in not used for racing IRL) but are actually real existing roads (sometimes with some 'adaptions').

As for Lucca: going by the author it is completely replicating the real streets there, including scenery, but it has never been used to race.

Excellent job with this car, Alex. Thanks for sharing it.
Any plans for a track version of the 928? There was never a factory team for the 928 but the car was raced privately, so you could let your imagination run wild with works upgrades and performance.

View attachment 865190
Hey,
Actually not. Usually AD not releasing "racing" cars, except few models from "garage66", you know, but .. if someone (with good experience relative AC race-cars modding) or group really interesting to create such modification - think, such request is allowed and only highly welcome.
As well, as known 944 Turbo S racing modifications.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back