Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,765 comments
Guys, go and get this on RD:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/audi-r8-lmp-crocodile.29766/

For the VRC Auriel: the Crocodile skin, car driven by Rinaldo Capello, Allan McNish in the Race of a Thousand years (Adelaide street circuit in 2000)

"""""The “race of a thousand years” really deserves its name: Spectacular action on the difficult street circuit in Adelaide and ultimately a dominant victory for the Audi R8 sporting a crocodile design turned the final of the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) in front of about 150.000 spectators into a real highlight of the season. After a turbulent 5:45 hours, Rinaldo Capello and Allan McNish won with a margin of 21 laps. The “sister” Audi R8 of Frank Biela and Emanuele Pirro achieved sixth place in the prototype category after a crash and the following recovery"""""

croc.jpg

--------

Did we miss this?
Autodromo Most 2.1 by TMM.
Installed as a new track so I guess I missed it if nobody else did.
https://tm-modding.eu/download/auto...2fFc_uJd3Zp2GE8OBYuPZ1EDp69WKOrusudFjyvJsIyuE

@GzeroD
If - whenever - you see the time/possibility: could you open the no chicane layout too please ?

Last edited:
Hey Fanapryde, what is this Isle of Man?! And by Rainmaker? How have I missed this one.
And remember the phrase bro.... "Have Fun!" /gomer . . . :lol::lol:
The Isle Of Man TT is a motorcycle event that takes place in this giant street circuit at well....the isle of man. its pretty infamous due to the fact that every year, at least one person dies in it

.....you see the time/possibility: could you open the no chicane layout too please ?

Looks like we'll have to petition the converter for that.
Had a go and discovered that CSP can't remove 'physical' objects.
The old fashion way worked but then I found the chicane has ski jump like bumps in it, so that would require editing the physics mesh as well.

I have these. If you need something let me know.
View attachment 867092
yes please could you share the REd supra time attack, the CLIO time attack, the Scion TC/ The EVO X/ and the RX7 TA ide really appreciate that. and leave out any that you think don't drive good. they don't have to be perfect. but if its like alarmingly bad then maybe take it out. i really appreaite you taking the time to post that list too btw

Could someone with modding experience please help me understand an issue I see with some mod cars?

Some mods have a problem where the interior shadow rendering on objects like the dashboard, the interior body panels etc looks all normal but the same rendered interior shadow on the windscreen glass surface is extremely low resolution (like 64px opposed to the set 2K shadow resolution in CM).

I even had cars where the windscreen shadow rendering was normal but the interior panel shadow render was low resolution :-(

Could you please help me understand where the cause of this lies?

@GIBBONS

isleofman.png

It's easy. The flag is already there, just needs 'activation'.

Go to path = Users > your name > AppData > Local > AcTools Content Manager > Data > Miscellaneous
There you will find Countries.json and CountryIds.json.
In the first add a line "Isle of Man"
In the second add a line "IM": "Isle of Man",

Et voilà: flag will be present.
Thanks to your help @Fanapryde it was easy to solve this problem;) :gtpflag:........Thanks !

The Isle Of Man TT is a motorcycle event that takes place in this giant street circuit at well....the isle of man. its pretty infamous due to the fact that every year, at least one person dies in it

Beings that I'm 40 something and have been in motorsports since I was 5, yeah I know of the event :D
But I meant the track, you know, for AC.
Anyways, I found it by rainmaker. A track this size IRL being 100+ mb, I'm wondering what I'm about to see in a few minutes.

Beings that I'm 40 something and have been in motorsports since I was 5, yeah I know of the event :D
Anyways, I found it by rainmaker. A track this size IRL being 100+ mb, I'm wondering what I'm about to see in a few minutes.
Speaking of tracks, how is the final spit 'n' polish on Portland going?

Speaking of tracks, how is the final spit 'n' polish on Portland going?

Blamer did an epic job on the new dynamic grass (and the killer lighting), so the only thing left is possibly new trees.
Other than that, someone that knows something of making a track groove.. or maybe an improvement. The bumps are in the right places.. its the only two things left. However, everyone I've talked about the track made improvements which I'm thankful for, but don't feel like asking for more from others, if you know what I mean ;)

This is before Blamer implemented new grass.

Looks like we'll have to petition the converter for that.
Had a go and discovered that CSP can't remove 'physical' objects.
The old fashion way worked but then I found the chicane has ski jump like bumps in it, so that would require editing the physics mesh as well.
Ah, bummer... thanks for looking into it anyway. Will now be badgering TMM... :D

Ah, bummer... thanks for looking into it anyway. Will now be badgering TMM... :D
I've snaked through the bollards a few times but couldn't detect any issues with the track surface - are the mesh bumps under the actual bollards themselves?
If I knew how to use 3DSimEd for anything other than balloon skins I'd have a go at physically removing them. Anyone here with the skills fancy a little task?

There's also this version floating about https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/snaefell-mountain-course.html but not sure it ever got updated and just having looked on youtube seems like it's badly optimised etc

yes please could you share the REd supra time attack, the CLIO time attack, the Scion TC/ The EVO X/ and the RX7 TA ide really appreciate that. and leave out any that you think don't drive good. they don't have to be perfect. but if its like alarmingly bad then maybe take it out. i really appreaite you taking the time to post that list too btw
No problem man. I honestly did only 2-3 laps with these cars and forgot about them. So I uploaded all, you'll need to test them.
https://mega.nz/#F!PgkUDIDB!e_oj72wS5b4SleyXak_eyg

hello if someone at a link or other because I'm looking for the 1994 Williams Renault FW16 from Ayrton Senna from ASR Formula thank you

Last edited:
Thank you for discovering the TMM Most track. It was one of the tracks I wish it would be get this massive overhaul they did with it right now. These guys also have a Skoda 130R sound mod available which is worth testing (next to the car of course).. A pity they did not release it on RD so we only discover these by purpose it seems.

@GIBBONS

isleofman.png

Go to path = Users > your name > AppData > Local > AcTools Content Manager > Data > Miscellaneous

Dumb request, but could you share your countries files?
Last time I tried to include Man, I corrupted the countries files and that got me kinda scared, lol.

@GIBBONS

isleofman.png

Weird, I just edited my countries and countriesIds but no flags have appeared for me. Just the country and city names. Also how do you get it so CM shows pictures of tracks instead of one long list

If I recall correctly, MrBoo, just expand the track selection window and it will automatically turn to preview pictures mode.

That isn't working for me :confused: It just makes the track pic smaller and the track selection window bigger.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back