Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,031 comments
Have updated the Shelby Mustang GT350 R. Changes below:
Changelog v.95
  • Replaced woodgrain interior textures with black because "racecar!" :)
  • Repaired license plate bug that was displaying body paint on license plate
  • Created a new Cobra license plate texture
  • Adjusted driver steering animation (thanks @Masscot)
  • Included Claude Dubois vintage LeMans livery by @Marneus_boss (thanks again)
I'm planning to make some improvements to the liveries soon after which I'll call it version 1.0 and move on to the next project.
Since I chaged the kn5 you should probably delete the old version and install as new.
Enjoy!
View attachment 890416View attachment 890417

I see the steering animation I posted has been used but I guess you didn't like the shifting animation as it's still got that weird mechanical 'DJ scratching' motion..?

Have updated the Shelby Mustang GT350 R. Changes below:
Changelog v.95
  • Replaced woodgrain interior textures with black because "racecar!" :)
  • Repaired license plate bug that was displaying body paint on license plate
  • Created a new Cobra license plate texture
  • Adjusted driver steering animation (thanks @Masscot)
  • Included Claude Dubois vintage LeMans livery by @Marneus_boss (thanks again)
I'm planning to make some improvements to the liveries soon after which I'll call it version 1.0 and move on to the next project.
Since I chaged the kn5 you should probably delete the old version and install as new.
Enjoy!
View attachment 890416View attachment 890417

Thank you for sharing the car. In Content Manager, I see that the tyres do not match the data. Is this intentional?

about the hands on the wheel, sorry! no 3D modelling knowledge here!

It can be done in CM.

Dare to share how to move the driver with CM?

In custom Showroom, in the tab where you can check the lights, the tab before multi cars, you select driver and animation, then you press “t” on your keyboard, a box with multi directional arrows and circle will appear. Move the driver using the box, when the driver is where you want it, click save. Voilà!

It took me a minute to raise and move the driver slightly forward so the hands are placed better on the wheel in the 2002 turbo.

Thanks Great! I want to have those fireworks too when race finish.
How did you get it work?
Is it to update the CSP to 1.42 version?
Thanks
Yeah, I updated the CSP to 1.42 and found the option under Particles FX section.

If you still don't see it there, then go to Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extension/config/particles_fx.ini, find [FIREWORKS] and delete the "hidden" part.

I am not sure if this is the correct way, it worked for me, but maybe someone with more knowledge on the subject should confirm this first before you try it.

tried the Cheeta, it is a keeper for me, yes it is rough, but the real version must have been as well, that said a little TLC would be welcome, but the driving is a lot of fun and it is a unique car, so I got to have it in my garage.
a little info on a project based on the Cheeta, that one to would also be great to have in my (ac) garage.

Last edited:
So this is kinda like a Gr.3 Concept thing like GT Sport? If so, a name has been made!

Introducing the new Chevrolet Callaway Corvette C7 Gr.3 Concept ‘20
The car is real and exists, it's c7 gt3 from callaway. But the model (kunos c7) is not going to be exactly the same, cause it would need some additional bodywork etc.

Question:
I want to start racing online with AC.
Does changing track names and tags in the json files result in online mismatches?
the same with changing car names and tags in the car json files.
Thanks

Question:
I want to start racing online with AC.
Does changing track names and tags in the json files result in online mismatches?
the same with changing car names and tags in the car json files.
Thanks
As far as I know, yes. All data on the online sever needs to match. That's why you see online groups offering "packs" of content or specific downloads used for their clubs or leagues.

I see the steering animation I posted has been used but I guess you didn't like the shifting animation as it's still got that weird mechanical 'DJ scratching' motion..?
I tried your suggestion but didn't like that his hand was so far above the shift knob. I think that animation is more accurate for sequential shift cars. I believe the existing animation is intended to simulate the double clutching action that was necessary on vintage transmissions with weak synchromesh.
I meant to add your suggested animation in an optional directory with the package but forgot.:embarrassed:

Thank you for sharing the car. In Content Manager, I see that the tyres do not match the data. Is this intentional?
The donor mod mine is based on came with obsolete V4 tire model tires. I replaced them with up to date V10 tires. If you match the tire dimensions on the actual race car versus mine you'll see they're a close match. There's probably some data tweaking I can do to take away the 'F' you see in CM but it's not a high priority for me since it won't affect how the car drives at all.

If people were to work only on already existing things, there would never be prototypes, tuned cars, or even custom paint jobs.
Yes, but there are so many real cars which have never been modded.
And oh My Gosh, if only I could do that!
Like Jaguar F GT4, Panoz GT4, SIN GT4 and so many others...

tried the Cheeta, it is a keeper for me, yes it is rough, but the real version must have been as well, that said a little TLC would be welcome, but the driving is a lot of fun and it is a unique car, so I got to have it in my garage.
a little info on a project based on the Cheeta, that one to would also be great to have in my (ac) garage.

Thanks for sharing. Nice history lesson about 'the other US race car of that era'.

0.1.43 just released:
upload_2020-2-13_17-22-29.png

shadows in interior fixed! No more pool of shadows!
Thanks Ilja

EDIT: and 0.1.44 too:
upload_2020-2-14_9-11-5.png

Last edited:
I wonder if AI logic can be adjusted so they all don't jerk their wheels to one side as soon as they launch at the start. It's one of those things that always looks daft and is a constant irritation.
Agree. What they should have tried to implement was row 1 starts, row 2 starts .5 seconds after row 1, row 3 starts .5 seconds after row 2 and so forth.
What it seems like is that they all start at the same time and if there's a car in front of an AI that close, they swerve to avoid the car by nature. If you notice, faster cars off of a stand still do this less.
It would be great to implement this. If you're last position, you just have to wait for the cars in front to move first, only makes sense not to launch into a car that's still sitting there.

Maybe a stretch to be not be Off Topic, but my AC HUD will not align on center with the cockpit in any cars using an Oculus CV1 in VR mode. Any chance this problem is a setting in CM causing this? I've tried a few settings changes, i.e., "Ctrl+spacebar", cycling thru "F1" key, but can't seem to resolve. Your thoughts? Cheers!

ac-oculus-cv-1-off-center-001.jpg

ac-oculus-cv-1-off-center-002.jpg

About the physics topic: ...

Where is this topic?

About AC physic :

Almost all AC cars have :

- no drag on the front and on the rear, only at the center, the steeper the turn the worse the behavior
- no drag at all on the sides, also the steeper the turn the worse the behavior
- no more downforce on the exterior side when car lean in a turn
- too much polar inertia, with real polar inertia cars understeer because of this over simplified aero
For example : 458 gt2 polar inaertia is : 1.75 , 1.05 , 3.81 real inertia is : 1.65 , 0.9 , 3.8 (given by mclarenf1papa from IER Simulation)

LF/RF splitter and LF/RF Duct should be Fin because they have very different values depending of yaw angle, not easy to evaluate.

The rear drag is important, it helps to stabilized; windshield drag and downforce also, but less (it depends on the car).

Downforce under the car is also important on GT.

In any case this aero is more precise than common one's.

As of now the splitters are only simulating down force and drag components with some slight yaw and the ducts are only simulating drag at the moment, but yeah I can see where some yaw might come into play on the ducts. Not sure about the front splitters being fins though, perhaps if they were in a similar configuration like a HPD ARK 03a Honda or something.
Have been experimenting with under body and diffuser lifts and ground effect but it is still in the testing stage and hope to work it in soon. Have been also experimenting with other components using fins as well, spoiled air and so on.

I past many time to test more the time to create, that why when a guy like Zozo appropriate my work to his friends RallyWorld I am disgusted.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back