Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,780 comments
If you add wings to all opponents there is enougth difference, I have do many test on I5 4x4ghz maybe with better CPU it's different, I have removed colliders on all opponents and use only opponents with 3 or 4 wings (no RSS cars for exemple) i have done improved opponents for GT2 of 2010, I share that soon.

Question:
I want to start racing online with AC.
Does changing track names and tags in the json files result in online mismatches?
the same with changing car names and tags in the car json files.
Thanks

Only surfaces.ini is checked for tracks. Other .inis in the server's track folder are checked by either AC or pTracker, can't remember, but this is far more trouble than it is worth. i.e. a good server will have nothing but 'track_folder/data/surfaces.ini'

For cars only data.acd is checked, infact a server can be run with just the cars folder name and nothing else. (of course you are free to cheat in that case)

I wonder if AI logic can be adjusted so they all don't jerk their wheels to one side as soon as they launch at the start. It's one of those things that always looks daft and is a constant irritation.

This may or may not help. From ks_monza_66/full/data/starting_bounds.ini
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[BOUND_0]
MIN=0
MAX=0.1

[BOUND_1]
MIN=0.9
MAX=1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm not sure, I haven't noticed any performance decline while testing and I am not so sure aero data plays a big role at all in terms of AI performance... in terms of all data being calculated for AI as equally as it is for the player/driver.
For GT3 the grids are less crowded than for endurance and the GT2 that I drive have many more wings that common GT3 so it's different.

[BOUND_0]
MIN=0
MAX=0.1

[BOUND_1]
MIN=0.9
MAX=1
Christ on a bicycle - that DOES help. A lot. :cheers:
I just copied the starting_bounds.ini from ks_monza_66 like you suggested, dropped it into the Bahrain endurance layout data folder (testing some awesome new AI lines there - watch this space) and starts from the AI are noticeably 'straighter'.
Now why the hell wouldn't KS have put this in all their tracks, and encouraged it for mods?

Wonder if there's a way to tighten it up even more? There's still a small element of lane-changing, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was.
Thanks very much @GzeroD - how long have you held this magic trick?

Only surfaces.ini is checked for tracks. Other .inis in the server's track folder are checked by either AC or pTracker, can't remember, but this is far more trouble than it is worth. i.e. a good server will have nothing but 'track_folder/data/surfaces.ini'
For cars only data.acd is checked, infact a server can be run with just the cars folder name and nothing else. (of course you are free to cheat in that case)
--
I did some testing tonight:
Indeed, you can do with the ui_car.json and the ui_track.json files what you like. The same goes for the outline and preview pictures.
This is handy as I like to rename tracks in CM to have a more consistent naming.
Also, one is free to use his own tags to group the cars as they wish, without having online mismatches.
In fact: the ui folders are neglected by online servers. Nice :)

I just copied the starting_bounds.ini from ks_monza_66 like you suggested, dropped it into the Bahrain endurance layout data folder (testing some awesome new AI lines there - watch this space) and starts from the AI are noticeably 'straighter'.
Now why the hell wouldn't KS have put this in all their tracks, and encouraged it for mods?

Wonder if there's a way to tighten it up even more? There's still a small element of lane-changing, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was.
Further to this, I was just testing a graphics config for Autopolis and noticed that the AI cars pull away perfectly straight at the start on this track, with no swerving at all. This track doesn't have a starting_bounds.ini so I'm guessing it might be due to the AI lines?

Edit: the 'starting bounds' trick doesn't seem to work at Spa - all it does is slow some of the cars down at the start.
They *seem* to want to get on the ideal racing line immediately, so at Spa the cars on the RHS of the grid veer left immediately at the start but the cars on the LHS of the grid pull away in a straight line.
@GzeroD, what exactly does the 'starting bounds' config actually control?

Last edited:
[BOUND_0]
MIN=0
MAX=0.1

[BOUND_1]
MIN=0.9
MAX=1
Again, a super amount of thanks to you. I scoured the interwebs but couldn't find a single thing on this. Do you know how this works or more importantly I guess, what the values are doing/changing? I'd like to know when implementing it if different track parameters require different inputs.
:cheers:

Yep works on silverstone too!
Crazy.

I agree, but the sheer variety of current and historical cars is overwhelming, even looking at race cars only.
Contrasting with the lack of people with skills and spare time to invest into modding, there's no reason to judge a modder motivation or inclination.

Yes, but there are so many real cars which have never been modded.
And oh My Gosh, if only I could do that!
Like Jaguar F GT4, Panoz GT4, SIN GT4 and so many others...

Starting Bounds. I'm not sure what it means/does, it seems to denote two 100mm zones to the left and right but from what and for how long I can't be sure. And it is a bit hit and miss, sometimes it works and others not , and then there are tracks where it isn't needed at all!
I suspect there is more going on.
But I haven't looked or don't know where to look to get the whole picture.

Agree. What they should have tried to implement was row 1 starts, row 2 starts .5 seconds after row 1, row 3 starts .5 seconds after row 2 and so forth.
What it seems like is that they all start at the same time and if there's a car in front of an AI that close, they swerve to avoid the car by nature. If you notice, faster cars off of a stand still do this less.
It would be great to implement this. If you're last position, you just have to wait for the cars in front to move first, only makes sense not to launch into a car that's still sitting there.

I'm not in a position to test this right now but I'm sure I remember the front row cars jerk to the side at the start also? I always just assumed it was to do with the fact that the pitboxes are off the AI racing line so they immediately attempt to get back to it.

Edit: disregard, should have read the rest of the thread before replying :)

Has anyone else had a problem with this mod?
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/porsche-911-993-turbo.175832/

I've tried driving this 993 Turbo several times, but it keeps causing my game to crash. I first thought it was my computer, but every other car I have driven worked just fine. Even mods created by the same person were working. It's only this mod that causes the problem and I can't figure out why.

I need your help: In Imola (KS) I have sparkling trees and bleachers! They light up alternately bright red at quick intervals! Driving impossible!
(sol 1.4.2 / CSP 0.1.43 / Track-config and VAO current)
Should I deactivate anything? Or dismantle?

Has anyone else had a problem with this mod?
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/porsche-911-993-turbo.175832/

I've tried driving this 993 Turbo several times, but it keeps causing my game to crash. I first thought it was my computer, but every other car I have driven worked just fine. Even mods created by the same person were working. It's only this mod that causes the problem and I can't figure out why.
nope, drive it at least 40 miles each week. try reinstalling it?

I need your help: In Imola (KS) I have sparkling trees and bleachers! They light up alternately bright red at quick intervals! Driving impossible!
(sol 1.4.2 / CSP 0.1.43 / Track-config and VAO current)
Should I deactivate anything? Or dismantle?

It is because you have the same file conflicting.
If there is a config in the /extension/config/tracks/ folder, then this config has a higher priority than the autoloaded configs. So it is recommended to have NO files in /extension/config/tracks/ folder, just in the /extension/config/tracks/loaded/ folder.

Have updated the Shelby Mustang GT350 R. Changes below:
Changelog v.95
  • Replaced woodgrain interior textures with black because "racecar!" :)
  • Repaired license plate bug that was displaying body paint on license plate
  • Created a new Cobra license plate texture
  • Adjusted driver steering animation (thanks @Masscot)
  • Included Claude Dubois vintage LeMans livery by @Marneus_boss (thanks again)
I'm planning to make some improvements to the liveries soon after which I'll call it version 1.0 and move on to the next project.
Since I chaged the kn5 you should probably delete the old version and install as new.
Enjoy!
View attachment 890416View attachment 890417

Your made Mustang is perfect. Big thanks. I like it so much.

What version of Chaika are you using ?
The DL shows chayka. Is that the Gilles conversion ?
I have pfc_chayka installed.

Would you mind sharing your version?
I have two, chayka and something else but no pfc for sure, they aren't great.

I need help with a track. Can someone help me.
The main issue is that there is a a purple band all around the sky, ( it is purple in VR and Black on monitor)
If you need me to send you the track folder, I will.
The second issue is that the track is over-exposed.
The track is ICar, folder name: topspeed

ICar, International Center of Advanced Racing is a multi-track facility located on the former runways at Montréal–Mirabel International Airport, in Mirabel, Quebec, Canada north of Montreal, partly owned by Jacques Villeneuve.

6BAA0CEA482DC2AC197FFDE1C2C0F457F3BDA3C4

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back