PC AC PC Mod Discussion - Do not ask for paid mods. Do not post paid mods.

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Thom Lee, Apr 28, 2014.

1. GTX4202R

GTX4202R

Fanapryde and 577076090 like this.
  2. Sylana82

Sylana82

Quite like that.

This.

Thanks for the link, I've been there already. :)
    Also from the same site, I found a brochure as .pdf about the car and its technical data. The interesting part about it is that they use the same engine from the previous model, the C6 Z06 GT3, which is a bit tuned. So I rewrote few parts of the data and extended its RPM limit from roughly 6000 to 8000 rpm. It also got a completely rewritten power.lut.

Wouldn't that make more CPU load and stress? (if there's like 5 NSXs or 20)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  3. manu12

manu12

I past many time to test more the time to create, that why when a guy like Zozo appropriate my work to his friends RallyWorld I am disgusted.

4. Apexxer

Apexxer

Delete

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  5. manu12

manu12

If you add wings to all opponents there is enougth difference, I have do many test on I5 4x4ghz maybe with better CPU it's different, I have removed colliders on all opponents and use only opponents with 3 or 4 wings (no RSS cars for exemple) i have done improved opponents for GT2 of 2010, I share that soon.

6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

7. GzeroD

GzeroD

Only surfaces.ini is checked for tracks. Other .inis in the server's track folder are checked by either AC or pTracker, can't remember, but this is far more trouble than it is worth. i.e. a good server will have nothing but 'track_folder/data/surfaces.ini'

For cars only data.acd is checked, infact a server can be run with just the cars folder name and nothing else. (of course you are free to cheat in that case)

This may or may not help. From ks_monza_66/full/data/starting_bounds.ini
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [BOUND_0]
    MIN=0
    MAX=0.1

[BOUND_1]
    MIN=0.9
    MAX=1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

portakal, Sylana82, slider666 and 9 others like this.
  8. manu12

manu12

For GT3 the grids are less crowded than for endurance and the GT2 that I drive have many more wings that common GT3 so it's different.

9. Masscot

Masscot

Christ on a bicycle - that DOES help. A lot. :cheers:
    I just copied the starting_bounds.ini from ks_monza_66 like you suggested, dropped it into the Bahrain endurance layout data folder (testing some awesome new AI lines there - watch this space) and starts from the AI are noticeably 'straighter'.
    Now why the hell wouldn't KS have put this in all their tracks, and encouraged it for mods?

Wonder if there's a way to tighten it up even more? There's still a small element of lane-changing, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was.
    Thanks very much @GzeroD - how long have you held this magic trick?

10. Zwiss

Zwiss

I did some testing tonight:
    Indeed, you can do with the ui_car.json and the ui_track.json files what you like. The same goes for the outline and preview pictures.
    This is handy as I like to rename tracks in CM to have a more consistent naming.
    Also, one is free to use his own tags to group the cars as they wish, without having online mismatches.
    In fact: the ui folders are neglected by online servers. Nice :)

11. Masscot

Masscot

Further to this, I was just testing a graphics config for Autopolis and noticed that the AI cars pull away perfectly straight at the start on this track, with no swerving at all. This track doesn't have a starting_bounds.ini so I'm guessing it might be due to the AI lines?

Edit: the 'starting bounds' trick doesn't seem to work at Spa - all it does is slow some of the cars down at the start.
    They *seem* to want to get on the ideal racing line immediately, so at Spa the cars on the RHS of the grid veer left immediately at the start but the cars on the LHS of the grid pull away in a straight line.
    @GzeroD, what exactly does the 'starting bounds' config actually control?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Real Toonces likes this.
  12. Beezer215

Beezer215

Again, a super amount of thanks to you. I scoured the interwebs but couldn't find a single thing on this. Do you know how this works or more importantly I guess, what the values are doing/changing? I'd like to know when implementing it if different track parameters require different inputs.
    :cheers:

portakal likes this.
  13. safi hellie

safi hellie

Yep works on silverstone too!
    Crazy.

Masscot likes this.
  14. UolterUait

UolterUait

Anyone knew about this?

Spyrious likes this.
  15. _arg0naut_

_arg0naut_

I agree, but the sheer variety of current and historical cars is overwhelming, even looking at race cars only.
    Contrasting with the lack of people with skills and spare time to invest into modding, there's no reason to judge a modder motivation or inclination.

16. GzeroD

GzeroD

Starting Bounds. I'm not sure what it means/does, it seems to denote two 100mm zones to the left and right but from what and for how long I can't be sure. And it is a bit hit and miss, sometimes it works and others not , and then there are tracks where it isn't needed at all!
    I suspect there is more going on.
    But I haven't looked or don't know where to look to get the whole picture.

Foxeway, portakal, Sylana82 and 4 others like this.
  17. Ajinho

Ajinho

I'm not in a position to test this right now but I'm sure I remember the front row cars jerk to the side at the start also? I always just assumed it was to do with the fact that the pitboxes are off the AI racing line so they immediately attempt to get back to it.

Edit: disregard, should have read the rest of the thread before replying :)

Masscot and Beezer215 like this.
  18. Brilli Peri

Brilli Peri

Don't know exactly what the problem is sorry but what resolution have you got it set at in CM/AC settings? Do you have the same problem if you boot if you boot using steam instead of CM?

19. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

Has anyone else had a problem with this mod?
    https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/porsche-911-993-turbo.175832/

I've tried driving this 993 Turbo several times, but it keeps causing my game to crash. I first thought it was my computer, but every other car I have driven worked just fine. Even mods created by the same person were working. It's only this mod that causes the problem and I can't figure out why.

20. xedos6

xedos6

I need your help: In Imola (KS) I have sparkling trees and bleachers! They light up alternately bright red at quick intervals! Driving impossible!
    (sol 1.4.2 / CSP 0.1.43 / Track-config and VAO current)
    Should I deactivate anything? Or dismantle?

21. Steveo324xx

Steveo324xx

nope, drive it at least 40 miles each week. try reinstalling it?

22. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

It is because you have the same file conflicting.
    If there is a config in the /extension/config/tracks/ folder, then this config has a higher priority than the autoloaded configs. So it is recommended to have NO files in /extension/config/tracks/ folder, just in the /extension/config/tracks/loaded/ folder.

Real Toonces likes this.
  23. xedos6

xedos6

Ah, ok! I'll change that tonight! Thanks a lot!

24. Sylana82

Sylana82

I could be completely wrong, but don't they do it, because there's the hairpin corner right after the start/finish?

But to be honest, this is also news to me as well! Interesting.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

So uhm..., anybody here a sound modder? Got a slight little problem with my mod here... :scared::D
    Recently I increased the RPM limit from 6500 to 8000 as this is the limit of the Callaway. The problem is that the engine sound stops after 6500-7000rpm and then it's silent. I've tried both sounds by Kunos and ACFAN (he allowed me to use his). Of course I can take other sounds, but it wouldn't sound like a Corvette anymore. Is there a way to extend the sound to 8000rpm?

EDIT: Hmm.. interesting, the sound of the standard C7 goes up to 8000rpm, although its limit is 6600rpm. I don't know if I should use it.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  25. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

I did, it still happens.

Apexxer likes this.
  26. 577076090

Your made Mustang is perfect. Big thanks. I like it so much.

Real Toonces likes this.
  27. POV

POV

Would you mind sharing your version?
    I have two, chayka and something else but no pfc for sure, they aren't great.

28. Masscot

Masscot

Glendale coming soon... :)
    Looks to be a very good conversion.

jk0011, Tim_Haynes88, snomtn and 16 others like this.
  29. MrB00

MrB00

Apexxer likes this.
  30. Real Toonces

Real Toonces

Looks fun, like a cross between Laguna and Blisterberg.