PC AC PC Mod Discussion - Do not ask for paid mods. Do not post paid mods.

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Thom Lee, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Elio92

Elio92

I love that car since his first beta release but that sound, It’s an asthmatic V8 stock block..!
    The first version was weird and yes, don’t expect too much with the 0.2. ^^
    I switch the sound via CM with the Fort GT40, It’s here better and that car is a real jewel by conception and a really great pleasure to drive.

Eric Rowland and MrB00 like this.
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

POV and 577076090 like this.
  3. MrB00

MrB00

I'll be doing the same with the sound :cheers:

I just knocked this simple Gulf livery up for it and will probably do some more skins when I get time. If anyone wants it let me know and I'll put a link up.

[​IMG]

4. 577076090

5. megolito

megolito

hey guys ive been out of the loop this week. but i wanted to say we have still been making alot of progress on the Eagle MkIII and i think we are going to be doing the final test car with the team this weekend and possible release this thing sunday. just saything this so you know it wasn't a dropped project. we have still been working hard on the thing and its going to be a finished, not just a pipe dream. its taking so long because we want it released at a true 1.0 where you can just download it and call it a day. you wont have to keep a close eye on it for weeks watching for updates and fixes and whatnot. instead it will just be you, the Eagle and a constant mental battle wondering if the car is too fast but let me show you this my Friends.

1993 old grandpa eagle mkIII Daytona time= 1:33.875

2019 Mazda RT24-P prototype space ship Daytona time= 1:33.398
    upload_2020-2-14_17-48-0.png yea.....one of those is only 5 tenths faster than the eagle. that took me awhile to accept while working on this. It smokes other classics near its time period. and in real life they had to change rules directly due to the Eagle because it had nothing to race against. every single race it entered it won unless it had a mechanical failure or a penalty/disqualification. so don't think of it as a regular car, think of it like that old F1 fan Car that retired over being too fast. it was winning by minutes so other teams complained and they withdrew the car. the eagle is pretty much the same story but instead the rules kicked it out instead of crybaby teams.

6. Elio92

Elio92

About the Ford GT40 sound, don’t forget It’s made has a "closed" cockpit sound but, anyway It fits better here, waiting for a good stock block V8 sound. ;)

About the skins, do what you want as you want ! :cool:

MrB00 likes this.
  7. MrB00

MrB00

The GT40 has a decent sound for sure and will have to do for now :)

8. a3rdperson

a3rdperson

afaik, you also have a gt40 sound mod on RD...

MrB00 likes this.
  9. MrB00

MrB00

Real Toonces likes this.
  10. a3rdperson

a3rdperson

yup, I've paste it on pessio's pantera

MrB00 likes this.
  11. OooAhh Cantona

OooAhh Cantona

What is happening here? :confused: Mind reader challenge?

bilao, 577076090, Masscot and 2 others like this.
  12. Real Toonces

Real Toonces

What causes this, somebody, please?

what_causes_this.jpg

13. Newee

Newee

Brake FX on custom shaders patch (I'm 99% sure)

14. MrB00

MrB00

Update your CSP or disable Brake Disc Fx

Ninja'd by the post above :D

Newee and Real Toonces like this.
  15. Real Toonces

Real Toonces

MrB00 likes this.
  16. Real Toonces

Real Toonces

Kind of like a DIY Formula 5000. A delight to drive. You can fling it around, dirt-tracking Jack Brabham-style. I would beg Pessio to offer more gear choices (intermediate & final-drive). Cars of that era had crates full of extra Hewland and zed-eff cogs. I, too, thought it deserved better sfx. I installed the Mustang GT4 sound files and the result is totally plausible. The author might want to check the fuel consumption; it seems way too frugal.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020 at 1:56 AM
    Elio92 and MrB00 like this.
  17. MrB00

MrB00

Honestly I don't mind if it's not authentic to the particular engine...as long as it's loud and sounds like a v8 ;)
    Actually I might chuck the Shelby 350R sound in as that sounds awesome too

18. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

I just tried that and reinstalled the 993 Turbo. It still happens. Another thing to note is that I get a "game crashed" message about overclocking or overheating my gpu? Could it just be my graphics card can't run it?

If that's the case, why is that? Because I've been able to run car mods from the same creator with no issue, but this one car refuses to be driven.

Honestly, this error is driving me crazy. This is what my screen always looks like whenever I try to drive the 993 Turbo before crashing:
    AC - Porsche 993 Turbo.png

and this is me driving a normal 993 mod created by the same guy:
    AC - Porsche 993 Carrera.png

I also just found out that I can still race against the 993 Turbo with no problems:
    AC - NSX and 993 Turbo.png

Blamer likes this.
  19. MrB00

MrB00

20. MrB00

MrB00

I sometimes get that message if I try and run a field of 20 or so cars that are heavy on the graphics or don't have lods or a track that isn't optimised very well. But i'm honestly not sure what is causing that one car to crash your game. Try disabling Extra fx in CSP.

21. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

I tried that and even lowered my graphics settings, no dice. :/
    Maybe I should ask the mod creator if he knows what can cause this.

---
    Also, now since I downloaded those tournament packs; I gained yet another Lamborghini Diablo. Which brings my total to 6.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020 at 2:29 AM
  22. Does the LCC Rocket exist as a mod for AC? ...anyone planning to create/release one?

norms and Nexus like this.
  23. Real Toonces

Real Toonces

But I did just update CSP; that must've caused it. But yes, MrB00, deactivating Brake FX fixed it.

Are you kidding me? Even the throttle plates rotate!

To celebrate, here's a setup for Road America (change .txt to .ini). Comments welcome.

Attached Files:

24. Real Toonces

Real Toonces

Or this one (note numerous adjustable suspension pickups):

Milliken cambering vehicle.jpg

25. OooAhh Cantona

OooAhh Cantona

User posted a photo with no comment. Are we supposed to read his mind?

Geroda has not released that mod car. So I guess we’ll just admire the photo. :odd:

Cote Dazur likes this.
  26. noroardanto

noroardanto

Is there any chance that I can send donation to GeroDa74, be a gold member without Facebook? I know I can send the donation through Paypal, but communication is still through FB and I'd like to be a non FB'ers as long as I can :D

27. iks

iks

What's happening with the Portland track? Last I heard it was in limbo.

Hopefully it can see the light of day. :cheers:

28. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Honestly Geroda having a premium tier for his mods is concerning. I hope that he doesn't take on too many projects at once and end up not finishing any of them (ala Simtraxx). Fingers crossed everything will turn out ok because he's one of the few FB modders where every single one of his cars handle beautifully.

29. Electroforce

Electroforce

nm

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020 at 7:13 AM
  30. Blamer

Blamer

The "game crashed" message happens to me too, even when it doesn't crash. The problem is I'm suffering a lot of crashes (and I mean 90% of the times I play) and BSODs.
    I also had to reinstall AC and CM/CSP but it kept happening. Even some apps aren't working anymore.

I spent some time with Ilja trying to understand what's causing it but we couldn't find the cause yet. Could be something related to the way threads are managed. I'll let you know should we (he actually, I can just narrow the causes down) find a fix.