Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
hey guys ive been out of the loop this week. but i wanted to say we have still been making alot of progress on the Eagle MkIII and i think we are going to be doing the final test car with the team this weekend and possible release this thing sunday. just saything this so you know it wasn't a dropped project. we have still been working hard on the thing and its going to be a finished, not just a pipe dream. its taking so long because we want it released at a true 1.0 where you can just download it and call it a day. you wont have to keep a close eye on it for weeks watching for updates and fixes and whatnot. instead it will just be you, the Eagle and a constant mental battle wondering if the car is too fast but let me show you this my Friends.

1993 old grandpa eagle mkIII Daytona time= 1:33.875

2019 Mazda RT24-P prototype space ship Daytona time= 1:33.398
upload_2020-2-14_17-48-0.png yea.....one of those is only 5 tenths faster than the eagle. that took me awhile to accept while working on this. It smokes other classics near its time period. and in real life they had to change rules directly due to the Eagle because it had nothing to race against. every single race it entered it won unless it had a mechanical failure or a penalty/disqualification. so don't think of it as a regular car, think of it like that old F1 fan Car that retired over being too fast. it was winning by minutes so other teams complained and they withdrew the car. the eagle is pretty much the same story but instead the rules kicked it out instead of crybaby teams.

I'll be doing the same with the sound :cheers:

I just knocked this simple Gulf livery up for it and will probably do some more skins when I get time. If anyone wants it let me know and I'll put a link up.

6ATl90X.jpg
About the Ford GT40 sound, don’t forget It’s made has a "closed" cockpit sound but, anyway It fits better here, waiting for a good stock block V8 sound. ;)

About the skins, do what you want as you want ! :cool:

About the Ford GT40 sound, don’t forget It’s made has a "closed" cockpit sound but, anyway It fits better here, waiting for a good stock block V8 sound. ;)

About the skins, do what you want as you want ! :cool:

The GT40 has a decent sound for sure and will have to do for now :)

The Porknose just got an update over on RD

• New Sound ( don't expect to much )
  • Some graphic tweaks and adds.
  • Added windscreen shader, for rain effect
  • Instruments lights
  • Suspensions and setup tweaks

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pessio-garage-rd1-porknose.30886/

1-jpg.348769

Think i'll try and make some skins for this :D

Kind of like a DIY Formula 5000. A delight to drive. You can fling it around, dirt-tracking Jack Brabham-style. I would beg Pessio to offer more gear choices (intermediate & final-drive). Cars of that era had crates full of extra Hewland and zed-eff cogs. I, too, thought it deserved better sfx. I installed the Mustang GT4 sound files and the result is totally plausible. The author might want to check the fuel consumption; it seems way too frugal.

Last edited:
I just tried that Porsche and it didn't crash so I'm not sure. Is there a little warning triangle for that car. Maybe install those 2 packs and try again. Might be something in there that helps (I'm not sure just throwing out ideas for ya to try)
I just tried that and reinstalled the 993 Turbo. It still happens. Another thing to note is that I get a "game crashed" message about overclocking or overheating my gpu? Could it just be my graphics card can't run it?

If that's the case, why is that? Because I've been able to run car mods from the same creator with no issue, but this one car refuses to be driven.

Honestly, this error is driving me crazy. This is what my screen always looks like whenever I try to drive the 993 Turbo before crashing:
AC - Porsche 993 Turbo.png

and this is me driving a normal 993 mod created by the same guy:
AC - Porsche 993 Carrera.png

I also just found out that I can still race against the 993 Turbo with no problems:
AC - NSX and 993 Turbo.png

I just tried that and reinstalled the 993 Turbo. It still happens. Another thing to note is that I get a "game crashed" message about overclocking or overheating my gpu? Could it just be my graphics card can't run it?

If that's the case, why is that? Because I've been able to run car mods from the same creator with no issue, but this one car refuses to be driven.

Honestly, this error is driving me crazy. This is what my screen always looks like whenever I try to drive the 993 Turbo before crashing:
View attachment 890891

View attachment 890890

I also just found out that I can still race against the 993 Turbo with no problems:
View attachment 890892
I sometimes get that message if I try and run a field of 20 or so cars that are heavy on the graphics or don't have lods or a track that isn't optimised very well. But i'm honestly not sure what is causing that one car to crash your game. Try disabling Extra fx in CSP.

I sometimes get that message if I try and run a field of 20 or so cars that are heavy on the graphics or don't have lods or a track that isn't optimised very well. But i'm honestly not sure what is causing that one car to crash your game. Try disabling Extra fx in CSP.
I tried that and even lowered my graphics settings, no dice. :/
Maybe I should ask the mod creator if he knows what can cause this.

---
Also, now since I downloaded those tournament packs; I gained yet another Lamborghini Diablo. Which brings my total to 6.

Last edited:
Update your CSP or disable Brake Disc Fx

Ninja'd by the post above :D

But I did just update CSP; that must've caused it. But yes, MrB00, deactivating Brake FX fixed it.

Kind of like a DIY Formula 5000. A delight to drive. You can fling it around, dirt-tracking Jack Brabham-style. I would beg Pessio to offer more gear choices (intermediate & final-drive). Cars of that era had crates full of extra Hewland and zed-eff cogs. I, too, thought it deserved better sfx. I installed the Mustang GT4 sound files and the result is totally plausible. The author might want to check the fuel consumption; it seems way too frugal.

Are you kidding me? Even the throttle plates rotate!

To celebrate, here's a setup for Road America (change .txt to .ini). Comments welcome.

Attachments

• Elkhart_02-14-2020.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 14

View attachment 890891

View attachment 890890

View attachment 890892

The "game crashed" message happens to me too, even when it doesn't crash. The problem is I'm suffering a lot of crashes (and I mean 90% of the times I play) and BSODs.
I also had to reinstall AC and CM/CSP but it kept happening. Even some apps aren't working anymore.

I spent some time with Ilja trying to understand what's causing it but we couldn't find the cause yet. Could be something related to the way threads are managed. I'll let you know should we (he actually, I can just narrow the causes down) find a fix.

The "game crashed" message happens to me too, even when it doesn't crash. The problem is I'm suffering a lot of crashes (and I mean 90% of the times I play) and BSODs.
I also had to reinstall AC and CM/CSP but it kept happening. Even some apps aren't working anymore.

I spent some time with Ilja trying to understand what's causing it but we couldn't find the cause yet. Could be something related to the way threads are managed. I'll let you know should we (he actually, I can just narrow the causes down) find a fix.
the only problem ive come across is the pp filter app not showing up in game from i think csp 1.38-1.44

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back