Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,826 comments
What apps do you have installed? I'm sure you've already tried but if you haven't disabling all apps and then re-enabling them one by one is always worth a try.

Yes, of course I tried disabling 'em all (not that I use many apps).
Analizing the CM dumps, crashes always happen in different positions, it appears to be related to threads management (not related to apps at all)

Yes, of course I tried disabling 'em all (not that I use many apps).
Analizing the CM dumps, crashes always happen in different positions, it appears to be related to threads management (not related to apps at all)

Sorry if I'm suggesting things you've already tried..I'm just gonna assume you've tried everything already and nothing has helped so far ;)

i'm curious which specific track this is referring to? (I only ask because I picked up the simtraxx PIR last August and never could find any other one)

Someone here is or was working on it. Forgot their name though. But it looked good.

The Porknose just got an update over on RD

• New Sound ( don't expect to much )
  • Some graphic tweaks and adds.
  • Added windscreen shader, for rain effect
  • Instruments lights
  • Suspensions and setup tweaks

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pessio-garage-rd1-porknose.30886/

1-jpg.348769

Think i'll try and make some skins for this :D
Updated to version 1.0 !
  • LodB created, not the best one, but it looks good.
  • Some changes to CoG and weight distribution
  • Some changes and fixes to suspensions geometry and tyres
  • New rotors texture and UVs
  • Glowing exhaust (with CSP)
  • New bare metal skin
  • Added Body.psd for skinning
Link on RD: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...-porknose.30886/updates#resource-update-54723

;)

Was driving around Bahrain 2020 gazing at all the balloons (thanks Mascot!) while my ghost car disappeared in the distance and was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to call up other ghost laps? Like say ur driving the RSS 2021 F1 car and U want to hotlap with the ghost lap U did with the ACFL 2021 F1 car. Is that even possible? Maybe some kind of modification can be done with CM or CSP to make it work? Any thoughts?

Attachments

• acs 2020-02-15 18-34-32.jpg
    acs 2020-02-15 18-34-32.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 41
Is it normal that my driver's suit turns completely white during night races?

Attachments

• Suit2.png
    Suit2.png
    204.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Suit.png
    Suit.png
    168.8 KB · Views: 36
Do you think it is possible to give this track a high-res textures or is it pointless?

Yeah that would be possible and should improve the look a bit. Wouldn't be ideal with such a large area it covers though as it is always going to look flat and fairly bland.

Is it normal that my driver's suit turns completely white during night races?
Is it normal to use a Lotus 98T, a 1986 Formula 1 car at night ?
I must say no... as driving a F1 V6 Turbo Hybrid on the ancient Spa or the Nurburgring (all versions).

Sorry if I seem sarcastic but here, It has no sense but... It stills your pleasure so ! ;)

Has anyone ever ended up with random skins all over the place? In different cars skins folders?

Maybe after a run of the CM compression tool? Easy fix?

Those who play on a monitor, do all of you have visible white pixels (white edges) on all 4 corners? Is this assetto, CM...is it supposed to be like that?
I can't remember how it was before all CM/csp stuff, just recently noticed that.

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm suggesting things you've already tried..I'm just gonna assume you've tried everything already and nothing has helped so far ;)

sorry if I sounded unpolite, I really didn't want to.
Of course you couldn't know what I tried and how 'skilled' could I be.

Sadly I tried everything and even ended up asking for Ilja's help (that was really the last thing I wanted to do because I don't want to bother him).

what I did today that seems to point what the cause could be is disabling SMT (simultaneous multi threading) on my AMD Ryzen 3600. it seems to work, and this confirms that the problem is in how the game (CSP?) handles the threads.

I hope this could be fixed because I need to re-enable SMT and I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem

edit: SMT not SMP

Last edited:
sorry if I sounded unpolite, I really didn't want to.
Of course you couldn't know what I tried and how 'skilled' could I be.

Sadly I tried everything and even ended up asking for Ilja's help (that was really the last thing I wanted to do because I don't want to bother him).

what I did today that seems to point what the cause could be is disabling SMP (simultaneous multi threading) on my AMD Ryzen 3600. it seems to work, and this confirms that the problem is in how the games (CSP?) handles the threads.

I hope this could be fixed because I need to re-enable SMP and I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem

No honestly it's fine..I understand how frustrating it can get when people suggest things you have already tried and it seems nothing helps or fixes your problems. I've been there myself plenty of times..which is why I always try and help others if I can. And in the same way, I'm sorry If my post came across as rude in any way.

As i'm still on the last generation of AMD cpu (I really should upgrade soon lol) I haven't got much knowledge of SMP but will look into it as I could do with updating my knowledge of these things.

EDIT: oh, SMP is just like Intel's HyperThreading lol..... :D

Last edited:
This is a completely useless post but I just bought five products from Race Sim Studio's online store during the current sale and it pains me to no end that they don't have a cart feature.

AAAHHHHHGHGHGHHG...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back