Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,789 comments
Can user confirm that road is very white in this track in many parts, is this design of track or bug, can new road surface be updated to make track more darker?
It seems to be by track design a brighter tarmac, but for me it´s not very or to bright.
Maybe "add extra reflections to road" from CSP?
If it´s relly to bright for you, try this in config ini:
Code:
[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_15]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = tarmac darker
MATERIALS = ROADML_WET
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.125
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.125

Edit: Just put this at the end of the config.

It gives me this:
upload_2020-2-17_15-21-11.png

It seems to be by track design a brighter tarmac, but for me it´s not very or to bright.
Maybe "add extra reflections to road" from CSP?
If it´s relly to bright for you, try this in config ini:
Code:
[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_15]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = tarmac darker
MATERIALS = ROADML_WET
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.125
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.125

Edit: Just put this at the end of the config.

It gives me this:
View attachment 891672

I will try this now, thank you for this information, i will test now and reply.

I add this to my extension/config/tracks/loaded oulton_park.ini at the bottom but it make no difference? i must place in wrong area? I will keep trying as your image looks very much better than my road surface :)

Last edited:
uploaded bahrain_2020

It took time to add various changes.
and optimized while maintaining the appearance as possible.
Maybe I think can drive at night, I'm not very sure.
It's difficult with many lights.
View attachment 888476 View attachment 888477 View attachment 888478 View attachment 888479

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ehyd9j6fyonosl8/bahrain_2020.7z/file

If you turn off some lights, number of lights will be about the same as 2018.
-> Swap and rename _etc/ext_config.2018 to extension/ext_config.ini
(turn off rock, podium light, ground light, water light and top light 2)
no animation file -> _etc/screen_static.kn5
@jk0011

When i use PB app i get this display, how to get display to look like your screen shots?

Corvette C8 by Nicolas Devoto updated by Alex for Assettoland.

This is a much-improved, physics-wise, version of the Corvette C8.

However, the non-adjustable gear ratios are WAAAAAY off. I barely get to 6th on a long straightaway.

Any easy way to adjust this?

Max Speeds...
1st, 32 MPH
2nd, 68 MPH
3rd, 88 MPH
4th, 122 MPH
5th, 166 MPH
6th, 212 MPH
7th, 270 MPH
8th, 327 MPH

Screenshot_chevrolet_c8_stingray_outroof_nola_motorsports_park_17-2-120-9-31-44.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for ignoring me. Maybe you do not understand me, because I am not a native speaker of English? Okay, sorry, you have your own problems!

Thanks for ignoring me. Maybe you do not understand me, because I am not a native speaker of English? Okay, sorry, you have your own problems!

Can someone help me?
Installed the AC 2020 graphic mode, then deleted and restored the files previously saved. Now the problem is - the message does not appear at the top of the screen ABS, TCS, exposure, etc. Switching works, but the message does not show, I don’t see how much that I switched.

Content Manager > Settings > Assetto Corsa > View & UI
upload_2020-2-17_16-46-47.png

I think many (if not most) of us are not English mother tongue.
No need to ask for help that way, nobody was ignoring you

Content Manager > Settings > Assetto Corsa > View & UI
View attachment 891686

I think many (if not most) of us are not English mother tongue.
No need to ask for help that way, nobody was ignoring you
Thank you for answering, but if everything was so simple, I would figure it out myself. I have it turned on. Sorry, but this is not my first request for help, which went unanswered. That's why I wrote it.

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.17 - 17.53.36.94.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.17 - 17.53.36.94.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 25
Thank you for answering, but if everything was so simple, I would figure it out myself. I have it turned on. Sorry, but this is not my first request for help, which went unanswered. That's why I wrote it.

can you point us to what you used (the ac2020 graphic mode) so that we can see what it changed?

[QUOTE = "Blamer, post: 13017455, member: 306879"] можете ли вы указать нам, что вы использовали (графический режим ac2020), чтобы мы могли видеть, что это изменило? [/ QUOTE]
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac-2020.30924/
Before installation, I saved all the files that changed. After the deletion, I restored the saved ones, but got this problem.

Nobody is ignoring you, but sometimes some probs are special, anyone seems to have ideas how to solve.
Quick question: have you tried to untick all these messages, started a track and reticked afterwards?
And sure full screen resolution is correct?

But you get now what I meaned, it´s wild guessing as nobody seemed to had this before. :(

@Kran Have a look in here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg and find the messages.ini. Open that and check to see if you have a 1 or 0 next to ABS, TC, Turbo etc

Also if your question gets ignored it's usually because people have no idea how to help so rather than fill up the forum with threads that just say they can't help they will ignore you. It's nothing personal and nothing against the fact that English is not your native tongue.

[QUOTE = "Blamer, post: 13017455, member: 306879"] можете ли вы указать нам, что вы использовали (графический режим ac2020), чтобы мы могли видеть, что это изменило? [/ QUOTE]
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac-2020.30924/
Before installation, I saved all the files that changed. After the deletion, I restored the saved ones, but got this problem.

I took a look at the files. Weird that you still got the problem after restoring ALL the original files.
Did you perform an integrity check under Steam? (Yes, it's not a great option because it also restores skins and audio but...)

One thing I noticed is this (ac\assettocorsa\system\cfg\graphics.ini)
Code:
MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=3
MIP_LOD_BIAS=0
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_0=0.0000000001
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_1=0.0000000001
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_2=0.0000000001
ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_DX10=1
SKYBOX_REFLECTION_GAIN=1.5

DX10?!? Really?
Check if you still got it activated (CM\settings\ac\video):
upload_2020-2-17_17-46-7.png

Anyway, I'd ask the author for help in the RD support page.

Corvette C8 by Nicolas Devoto updated by Alex for Assettoland.

This is a much-improved, physics-wise, version of the Corvette C8.

However, the non-adjustable gear ratios are WAAAAAY off. I barely get to 6th on a long straightaway.

I have copied and pasted Nicolas's original gear ratios in drivetrain.ini. Much better ratios, and I can now reach 8th on a really long straight.

I think the lower gears could be tweaked some--not sure as I'm taking some corners in 4th, but it is an 8-speed transmission.

To get to this file, and update the mod, you have to get Content Manager into Developer Mode (click on version number several times on about screen) to unpack the Data.ACD file.

[GEARS]
COUNT=8 ; forward gears number
GEAR_R=-3.818 ; rear gear ratio
; forward gears ratios. must be equal to number of gears defined on count
GEAR_1=3.977
GEAR_2=2.857
GEAR_3=2.257
GEAR_4=1.730
GEAR_5=1.225
GEAR_6=1.000
GEAR_7=0.820
GEAR_8=0.620

FINAL=3.925 ; final gear ratio

I took a look at the files. Weird that you still got the problem after restoring ALL the original files.
Did you perform an integrity check under Steam? (Yes, it's not a great option because it also restores skins and audio but...)

One thing I noticed is this (ac\assettocorsa\system\cfg\graphics.ini)
Code:
MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=3
MIP_LOD_BIAS=0
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_0=0.0000000001
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_1=0.0000000001
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_2=0.0000000001
ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_DX10=1
SKYBOX_REFLECTION_GAIN=1.5

DX10?!? Really?
Check if you still got it activated (CM\settings\ac\video):
View attachment 891692

Anyway, I'd ask the author for help in the RD support page.
Thank you all for your help! The problem was found in the new CSP menu (for me).

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.17 - 19.00.47.70_LI.jpg
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.17 - 19.00.47.70_LI.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 41
Honda CIVIC TYPE R EK9 (1997)
Version 3.0 - 2020.02.17

Thanks to Velin Gunev for the original mod and RealAKP for skins with baked AO maps!

86699871_503800656992814_5766142213633343488_o.jpg

CHANGELOG
- new suspension setup
- adjusted brake config
- more precise power/torque figure
- changed street tyres names
- increased ffb multiplier
- tweaked shaders
- updated previews
- regenerated LOD files
- fixed lights
- tweaked flames position
- updated previews

DOWNLOAD HERE

Honda CIVIC TYPE R EK9 (1997)
Version 3.0 - 2020.02.17

Thanks to Velin Gunev for the original mod and RealAKP for skins with baked AO maps!

86699871_503800656992814_5766142213633343488_o.jpg

CHANGELOG
- new suspension setup
- adjusted brake config
- more precise power/torque figure
- changed street tyres names
- increased ffb multiplier
- tweaked shaders
- updated previews
- regenerated LOD files
- fixed lights
- tweaked flames position
- updated previews

DOWNLOAD HERE
That guy Velin - gotta be bulgarian!

NSX GT3 Update

Thanks for everyone's feedback on the car! A lot of work is still ongoing for the car and we hope to soon release an update for it, addressing aspects of feedback and in game handling characteristics! Yay yay, need the correct tire textures... :lol: :cheers:

full

Please release it with that matte skin. And no sponsors on it if possible...I think it looks really good..and I'm not usually a fan of Matte paint

Take a short weekend holiday and a poster unknown to me who joined the forum 3 days earlier with 3 previous posts just decides to...
So I guess based on many past postings I've read this is something I should look forward to now. Folks just randomly changing and uploading your mod without bothering to look for, communicate or ask the original uploader who worked on it for many hours. Oh joy...

I have 1589 cars and 192 tracks and I still want more. I should really stop. Which I will do for a bit.

I hope you're using the compression feature under content-tools in Content Manager to compress your mods. It reduces their size by a third--it really does work, and the files will actually load faster on newer CPUs (smaller file transfers from hard drive, CPU un-compresses it for rendering engine).

Do that, if you haven't already, and you'll have more room for more mods!

I hope you're using the compression feature under content-tools in Content Manager to compress your mods. It reduces their size by a third--it really does work, and the files will actually load faster on newer CPUs (smaller file transfers from hard drive, CPU un-compresses it for rendering engine).

Do that, if you haven't already, and you'll have more room for more mods!

I usually generate skins with uncompressed files and then launch the tool

Take a short weekend holiday and a poster unknown to me who joined the forum 3 days earlier with 3 previous posts just decides to...
So I guess based on many past postings I've read this is something I should look forward to now. Folks just randomly changing and uploading your mod without bothering to look for, communicate or ask the original uploader who worked on it for many hours. Oh joy...

It does seem that people for the most part do acknowledge when a modder specifically asks for their mod not to be shared or modified. Doing so may reduce the chances of it happening moving forward.

Even worse, some of the supposed 'improvements' are significantly less than that, so you can't go by file dates alone; you have to try out each new tweak to determine if that makes things better...or not. Tedious.

Without wanting to rattle your cage too much...who is forcing you to download, anything?
It's on you at the end of the day.... no one else is to blame.

You know its on VK and assettoland and few facebook pages also right?
And the model isn't yours is it IIRC?

sorry for double post.

go to steam and verify the game files, maybe this mod removed or changed some important stuff.

p.s.
RACEDEPARTMENT is basically unusable at this point. a complete mess what they did.
If current RD was a corner

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back