Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,781 comments
Just open the skin folder and edit the png / dds file with Photoshop (make a backup if it doesnae work !), save it over the existing file and voilà.

Yes I know that, I have some skills in photoshop but I want to know why Paint Shop dont always work and if it can be solved just for the convenience of painting a car in a solid color in 3 seconds.

EDIT: NVM I refreshed my page and saw you'd all posted about this ACF and DC++ ting lol.

Is it worth going through all the hoops to do this now or just wait till someone shares anything here :lol:
If you can’t be bothered then just wait, there was quite a bit of content to look through though so could be worth it if you fancy a browse :D

Yes I know that, I have some skills in photoshop but I want to know why Paint Shop dont always work and if it can be solved just for the convenience of painting a car in a solid color in 3 seconds.
Have you got skin editing mode enabled in CM showroom?
If you have and it's still not working then try the following.
Open the kn5 in 3dsimed...find the name of the car paint material and then change the shader to ksPerPixelMultiMap_damage_dirt.
Then when you go to custom showroom....click on paint shop and car paint and change the body colour with the controls there.

If you can’t be bothered then just wait, there was quite a bit of content to look through though so could be worth it if you fancy a browse :D
Well i downloaded it and had a read through but I'm off out now so I'll have a proper look when I'm home later. Then it's time to compress my 700gb worth of AC content ;)

I edited the ext_config with the text you wrote but when i open the car in the custom showroom it still has two numberplates.
Now the car also crashes when I try to start a race with it :/

Could someone send me the updated car (it the author allows it)?
I don't know what car file you have, but mine works ok. The config only works when you start a race, not in showroom.

Here's the config that I pasted in a skin folder and the plates disappeared.
https://sharemods.com/itmqk4ee8ye1/ext_config.ini.html

..ofcourse you also have different skin configs because of endu, lumi and imsa lights.

go to steam and verify the game files, maybe this mod removed or changed some important stuff.

Thank you all so much! I think that checking Steam files is the last thing I will do. For all the years spent in the game, a lot of mods were installed and I do not want to lose them.

Screenshot_mclaren_720s_spider_cadwell_park_15-2-120-1-7-45.jpg

Mclaren 720S Spider v1.0 has been released

Support flip the dashboard
Support roof switch animation
Screenshot_mclaren_720s_spider_tsukuba_circuit_8-2-120-21-38-59.jpg

Support low beam and high beam
And so on~

Welcome to Toprace Discord Server:https://discord.gg/ztX2AFK
Let's look forward to 720 GT3

I'm trying to use the polyline function in 3dsimed.

I create a line, save in csv format... And then? Can i import this as object?

AC with Sol, CSP, reshade, Crew Chief and car mods is truly something astonishing. Just to wait only until Bentley Continental GT3 of the second generation and McLaren 720S GT3 will be released and I won't even need to buy ACC. Sorry for the average driving. It was for the testing purpose and it was the first time I've been on the Endurance variation of the Bahrain 2020 track.

AC with Sol, CSP, reshade, Crew Chief and car mods is truly something astonishing. Just to wait only until Bentley Continental GT3 of the second generation and McLaren 720S GT3 will be released and I won't even need to buy ACC. Sorry for the average driving. It was for the testing purpose and it was the first time I've been on the Endurance variation of the Bahrain 2020 track.

Are you perhaps using some elements from AC+2020 graphic mod pack I also installed?

I bought ACC, still I only play AC.
+1 for a decent Bentley

Left you a subscription. You may use also the VisorX app to have a proper helmet view.

I've updated to a newer shader patch in CM. Also updated SOL. Now I have this light in the Monaco tunnel which was way better (realistic) before... Looks like it messed up contrast too. Anyone know why this is? Did not altered settings in Sol config.
Screenshot_f1_1992_mclaren_monaco_2017_18-2-120-21-42-8.jpg

before

Screenshot_f1_1993_williams_monaco_2017_15-2-120-16-55-12.jpg

Last edited:
Left you a subscription. You may use also the VisorX app to have a proper helmet view.

Will check it out tomorrow. Is it the visor x force or something different? Do you happen to have a source of this app you nentioned? Thanks for the tip and a sub :)

Yes VisorXForce. I´ve had the download link from the official AC forum years ago.

Tip: disable the movement in the app. I does not look good with NeckFX enabled.

dms
I've updated to a newer shader patch in CM. Also updated SOL. Now I have this light in the Monaco tunnel which was way better (realistic) before... Looks like it messed up contrast too. Anyone know why this is? Did not altered settings in Sol config.View attachment 892232

before

View attachment 892238

I'd dare to say you had no lights before.
And now you got maybe too much.

just modify the tunnel lights in the config file (find the section, if there's a description, and lower the last number in the COLOR or VALUE_0 parameter)

f. i. monaco_2017.ini
Code:
[LIGHT_SERIES_0]
 ; tunnel
MATERIALS = mon_tunnel_position_a_01, mon_tunnel_position_a_03, mon_tunnel_position_a_?4;, mon_tunnel_position_a_0?, mon_tunnel_position_a_0?, mon_tunnel_position_a_0?, mon_tunnel_position_a_0?
OFFSET = 0,-1,0
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD = 6
COLOR = 1, 0.5, 0.1, 100
SPOT = 80
RANGE = 22
DIRECTION_OFFSET = 0,-0.65,0
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET = 0.5
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION = 1
SPECULAR_MULT = 2
FADE_AT = 150
FADE_SMOOTH = 50
SPOT_SHARPNESS = 0
DIRECTION = NORMAL
CONDITION = ALL_DAYS

change
COLOR = 1, 0.5, 0.1, 100
to something like
COLOR = 1, 0.5, 0.1, 50

Last edited:
@jk0011 I try disable CSP and not fixing the probelm with the app, his display is still like image i posted and not like image you posted with nice timings etc? I install the app correctly, i enable in AC side bar and tick box in CM etc. But still it show like this. I do get neat sound effect when i set fast sector though, but no useful display.

problem is

When displaying the PersonalBest app, "Time attack setter" displayed by itself.
is this OK? I'm not good at English...

By the way If disable CSP, app and reinstall, I think result will not change
because old app settings don't disappear from ini file(acos.ini, python.ini).
I remember had hard time at another app.
It happens very rarely when adding app.
(At that time, I deleted not exist app "ACNOTIFY" from python.ini and fixed it.)
corrections can't found on the app side for now.
I think CSP is no problem too.

sorry I can't found clear answer.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back