Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,795 comments
This was (or now, is) a fabulous track. Challenging (you have to be micrometrically precise) and dangerous...and nothing like the current 'bowdlerized' Mexico City, which irl more resembles a neighborhood karting track. The original layout deliberately set out to replicate some of the most famous features of real-life tracks (Mexico's last turn is a dead-nuts copy of Riverside's infamous Turn 9, and those deadly sunken tire markers were at one time in place around Riverside). I spent a couple of hours there yesterday trying to get in touch with my muscle memory of that impossible, decreasing-radius Turn 1. A must-have, IYAM.

The 1970 race was nearly a catastrophe of danger for the drivers. 200,000 rabid Mexicans attended and became human guardrails as they ventured as close to the track as possible eventually climbing over the Armco and taking spectator positions right at the track's edge.

“Every Mexican wanted to get a better view than his neighbour and that meant watching from the roadside”
“Thousands disregarded the restrictions of the spectator areas as they smashed down fences and crowded onto the safety banks. Some of the braver ones even took up positions sitting on the Armco barrier.”

Local hero Pedro Rodríguez plus Jackie Stewart and others toured the circuit imploring the crowd to move back, but with limited effect. Indeed impatient spectators had also thrown bottles onto the circuit, meaning glass had to be swept away too.

It might strike that the obvious thing to do in this situation was pack up and go home, but a large-scale riot among the restless massed ranks was feared if the race was called off. So, reluctantly and belatedly, all got on with it.

“So close were the spectators to the track that a spin could have wiped out 20 or more while an accident similar to the fiery incident between [Jackie] Oliver and [Jacky] Ickx at Jarama [at the Spanish Grand Prix] earlier this year could have meant the death of 200 people.

“The repercussions of an accident of that nature could be the total ban of motor racing in several countries.”

It was avoided thanks to F1 drivers’ professionalism as, amazingly, the race was completed in full. Yet it owed also to luck, as Jackie Stewart could recount in particular.

“I hit a dog that had inexplicably strayed onto the track,” he recalled in his autobiography; “it had looked the size of an elephant from where I was sitting. I must have been travelling at 160mph.

And that was just the beginning. “The car veered violently to the left,” JYS continued, “towards a bank where spectators were sitting cross-legged a few metres from the tarmac. I only just managed to regain control and prevent my car from ploughing into that area.

stewart_ickx_1970_mexico_gp.jpg

Awesome, thanks a lot, I always wanted this road legal version of the new A110 since I also got the GT4 version long ago.
And I wonder where did you ever convert it from, surely not GT SPORT but more probably CSR 2 instead, but hey, I could be wrong. lol
Unfortunately it is :boggled:. The polygonal circles become evident in the interior.

View attachment 893671 View attachment 893672
Hi all! My first ever release, 2017 Alpine A110 Premiere Edition.
Pardon me for the bugs.
Feel free to edit and improve the mod wherever you deem fit.

Unfortunately your mod have the same folder name of another Alpine I have. Can't install it without losing the former one. Is it difficult to change the folder name of a car? I suppose other changes must be done inside the folder.

Unfortunately your mod have the same folder name of another Alpine I have. Can't install it without losing the former one. Is it difficult to change the folder name of a car? I suppose other changes must be done inside the folder.

I can do it for you if no one else has time. Gimme 5 minutes or so

Awesome, thanks a lot, I always wanted this road legal version of the new A110 since I also got the GT4 version long ago.
And I wonder where did you ever convert it from, surely not GT SPORT but more probably CSR 2 instead, but hey, I could be wrong. lol

FH4

View attachment 893671 View attachment 893672
Hi all! My first ever release, 2017 Alpine A110 Premiere Edition.
Pardon me for the bugs.
Feel free to edit and improve the mod wherever you deem fit.

Please find attached to this post 2 files, a real mirror ini to get the mirrors right and an animation folder to get the shifting animation right, also you will need to change invert animation shifting from 1 to 0 in 3d driver .ini.

That will fix that, but there is more to get that car right, at least it looks OK. This model deserve better, if any of our resident mod reworker feels like it.

Attachments

• animations.zip
    83.1 KB · Views: 32
  • alpine_a110.zip
    277 bytes · Views: 30
@VaiHalen

Sorry it took me so long - busy doing more skins for the Starion lol. Try this anyway and let me know if it works for you.

https://mega.nz/#!WbgymY6a!VCtMReeWdpBnzfm7bUvZZt5HNOksEt0VEl-awRUqnqY

It's cool. I've sorted it :D

Hold on a second...I'll add the fixes @Cote Dazur just did as well..and upload a new link

Thank you very much!! :):)

It works perfect!!

But how did you do it? When I unpack the data.acd, car.ini and others files are encripted. Your files are not... How is that possible???

Thank you very much!! :):)

It works perfect!!

But how did you do it? When I unpack the data.acd, car.ini and others files are encripted. Your files are not... How is that possible???

I unpacked the data using CM before renaming anything otherwise it just messes the data up. Took me a few goes to work that out though lol.

New files with the changes @Cote Dazur made included. https://mega.nz/#!6bokWArb!4-I0ga8WFgVDJDYRj-Kcl2VGRb5RWDBodQsBmbLWKWQ

Can you let me know if it's ok please?

Please find attached to this post 2 files, a real mirror ini to get the mirrors right and an animation folder to get the shifting animation right, also you will need to change invert animation shifting from 1 to 0 in 3d driver .ini.

That will fix that, but there is more to get that car right, at least it looks OK. This model deserve better, if any of our resident mod reworker feels like it.

I copied your mirrors.ini and changed the driver3d.ini and added your animations into the renamed Alpine I just did - thanks for doing that.

This is pretty minor but does anyone know how to change the colour of new windows created within Content Manager? For example, you open up the car list or track list and the background is a medium grey. I'd like to make it black if possible.

This is pretty minor but does anyone know how to change the colour of new windows created within Content Manager? For example, you open up the car list or track list and the background is a medium grey. I'd like to make it black if possible.

Settings, Content Manager, Appearance, Theme

From FB: Thuakien Lu II

Thanks to ??? was helped me to updating (changed texture) my SP1
Here is my updated
Added LEDs car (because RTM didn’t make this)
Added steering wheel from 180 to 360
Download: https://mega.nz/#!gMkR2b7C!pgZzhs47ueLecHQwJpt9_dcrmvIpVg6ymrcwoaxeMek

87718676_185242566145036_4736154179255402496_n.jpg

Great updates! However, I'm seeing faceting on the matte parts of the steering wheel, as if there isn't any smoothing applied to those surfaces. I know it's kinda sweating the details, but in VR, everything else looks great... except that.

For mods that have the road reflection in the windshield of the car and on the instruments... is this something the creator of the mod needs to address? Or is there a way, using extension files, to correct this? Thanks.

Try reducing fresnel max level in CM

..and a question: In 3dsimed I swaped the brake calipers, scaled/positioned them properly, aligned them in data/susp graphics and everything looks ok in showroom, but when I launch a game rear calipers are the same size as front. :odd:

Alpha Giulietta Spider suspension adjustment.
This is just the suspension, no other fixes in objects reflecting or tunes for TC Legends.
Unpack data and rename data.acd to data_orig.acd or whatever your liking is to retain original files. Unpack my rar and drag both files into data folder. Overwrite the two files.
The car still retains that vintage loose steering but I got rid of some of that sway that caused for too much over-correction needed through the steering. Let me know if I over did it or if the car still has that fun vibe.

Brilliant! Followed the bouncing ball (aka CM VIP Members Edition) and everything worked like a charm! Thank you so much!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back