Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,719 comments
I say play it how you want :)
Who cares if someone else doesn't get it - I just say if it makes you happy then keep it that way and never mind if others think you are doing it the wrong. It's your game after all!!
I want to try that helmet visor mod out as it does look quite good even if it's not realistic.

note to anyone who disagrees...we are playing a sim on fake hardware that isn't real so does it matter how we play it.

Sorry for having an opinion...
Mascot just said he hates drifting tracks and karting tracks, i didn't spit my dummy out as he he is welcome to his opinion........jeez.

I simply asked if they use a controller....

Who cares if someone else doesn't get it - I just say if it makes you happy then keep it that way and never mind if others think you are doing it the wrong. It's your game after all!!
I want to try that helmet visor mod out as it does look quite good even if it's not realistic.

note to anyone who disagrees...we are playing a sim on fake hardware that isn't real so does it matter how we play it.
Mascot just said he hates drifting tracks and karting tracks, i didn't spit my dummy out as he he is welcome to his opinion........jeez.

I can recognize some credit in your comments but hey...it´s just another perspective :) It seems that you are a sim perfectionist lol. I bet you must have a kick ass rig or setup. Not me, sadly. And no, I´m not using any controllers. I´m using my old faithful G27...Is it ok by you? :lol:

Do the guys who use this drive with controllers?
I don't get why you'd want to have your actual sim wheel and your real arms, then fake arms on a fake wheel and then your real head and eyes with a fake 'helmet' thing on screen?
How does that even work?
I'd rather wear a real helmet.....(i don't, before you ask...)
It's good for VR with a wheel of course.

there seems to be a problem with the arcade by levels chaser cam where the camera keeps shaking up and down rapidly . any1 know a fix? i think levels was trying to emulate the shakiness of the forza 7 chase cam but its way too erratic
In CM goto Settings>View & UI>Camera: Highspeed shaking
Turn that off if it's on & below that option should be G-Forces. Try selecting locked & with a low lateral or maybe unlocked but with low values in each

And sorry for my rant - it was sorta aimed at you but also at the general sim racing population that always have an opinion on how we should be playing this game and what hardware we should be using and if you play it this way it is wrong and if you play it that way it is also wrong, and if you have a controller you are wrong and you should have a wheel otherwise you're not a true sim racer etc etc.......hence why I aimed it at you.

Also Masscot said he hates drifting and karting. He didn't question why people enjoy it or slag anyone off for liking either of those things. There's a difference...if you had said "I don't like this visor thing as it looks unrealistic" i would have just walked on by without commenting..

Anyways I need to have more tea and biscuits and chill tf out ;)

Editing this to say Sorry everyone....Going through a stressy time right now and should learn to keep my mouth shut when I see something I don't like or disagree with.

And sorry for my rant - it was sorta aimed at you but also at the general sim racing population that always have an opinion on how we should be playing this game and what hardware we should be using and if you play it this way it is wrong and if you play it that way it is also wrong, and if you have a controller you are wrong and you should have a wheel otherwise you're not a true sim racer etc etc.......hence why I aimed it at you.

Also Masscot said he hates drifting and karting. He didn't question why people enjoy it or slag anyone off for liking either of those things. There's a difference...if you had said "I don't like this visor thing as it looks unrealistic" i would have just walked on by without commenting..

Anyways I need to have more tea and biscuits and chill tf out ;)

Editing this to say Sorry everyone....Going through a stressy time right now and should learn to keep my mouth shut when I see something I don't like or disagree with.

Us potato PC + controller users need to stay united. We enjoy the game, err, sorry - SIM... regardless of our hardware :P

Us potato PC + controller users need to stay united. We enjoy the game, err, sorry - SIM... regardless of our hardware :P

Reading this makes me want to get my phone camera and post my 360 controller + Dell all-in-one setup to r/simracing and see how many downvotes I can get.

(I have a dusty old G25 in the corner but it doesn’t fit on my desk.)

@MrB00 fair enough about getting frustrated. I’ve just about been worn sick of elitism in the sim racing community after years of playing on the PS4 version of Assetto Corsa and coming over to the PC version on my inferior hardware, having people treat you like your opinion doesn’t matter because you don’t have the same top of the line hardware they do.

Just tried out that Jalpa posted earlier. Never knew of that model before, but I instantly got vibes of the 288 GTO. Too bad the performance differs so much or they'd be great to cruise together

__custom_showroom_1582762651.png

Reading this makes me want to get my phone camera and post my 360 controller + Dell all-in-one setup to r/simracing and see how many downvotes I can get.

You'd be downvoted to hell and back if you posted that there lol

In CM goto Settings>View & UI>Camera: Highspeed shaking
Turn that off if it's on & below that option should be G-Forces. Try selecting locked & with a low lateral or maybe unlocked but with low values in each
none of those suggestions worked but thanks for helping. anyone know where the csp chaser camera files are?

@MrB00 fair enough about getting frustrated. I’ve just about been worn sick of elitism in the sim racing community after years of playing on the PS4 version of Assetto Corsa and coming over to the PC version on my inferior hardware, having people treat you like your opinion doesn’t matter because you don’t have the same top of the line hardware they do.
If I were in your shoes I would move heaven and earth to find space for that G25. Or make a custom support rig for your desk. It´s undeniably worth it to enjoy AC comparing to controllers. It´s not elitism, I swear lol. It´s a fact...

If I were in your shoes I would move heaven and earth to find space for that G25. Or make a custom support rig for your desk. It´s undeniably worth it to enjoy AC comparing to controllers. It´s not elitism, I swear lol. It´s a fact...

I'm quite sure @MrWaflz55 would use his wheel if he could but he has to "make do" with his controller.
I also manage to enjoy AC with my controller (even if that seems impossible for some people to understand) and as much as I know I'd also enjoy it with a wheel, it just isn't possible for me to have one right now. I honestly think people should forget this whole debate on how you can't possibly "enjoy" AC with a controller..elitism or not.

Hello gents and ladies (there must be a few here right?),

I've pretty much already given up hope but I thought i would post this question anyhow. About 2 months ago my rig had a hard crash (full lockup on screen, audio, etc) while having an AC session. After I rebooted, things were definitely off. Every time i would start a race via CM the race was cancelled. It took me quite a long time to get things back to "normal". TBH I don't recall exactly what I did, but it involved re-installing AC via Steam, verifying files, and a bunch of other hoops i jumped through. Everything is now fine, however, I no longer can see the Sol app, or my A3PP filter app. Actually I no longer have a drop-down menu for any of my additional apps beyond the standard AC ones (they are all switched on in the menus). I don't really care about the other apps but i would love to get the Sol app working again. It's not a hassle but i miss being able to tune the weather/time/graphic settings without going through the main menus. I have tried deleting my AC folder in documents several times to no avail, I have played with all the python options i read about also with no luck, and ive basically given up.... That said, does anyone have any ideas as to what I may try to get it back working again.

its not a huge deal and AC is running like a champ now, but.... it would be nice...

Thanks in advance.

Just to add my Canadian 2 cents, on how people are enjoying their favorite sim(s). We almost all started playing with a controller or a keyboard looking at a TV set or a normal monitor. Some have spent time and money on a lot of hardware, some have not. Often, those who are now playing with a wheel, a better wheel, a sophisticated rig, tactile, motion, curved screen, triple screen or VR, enjoy their toy tremendously. They mostly want to share the joy. Sometime this enthusiasm is not well received. Their a lot of reason why people play the way they do. Their are also different reason why someone ask someone else how he is enjoying his SIM. Like for example if one his curious on how a particular mod car behave, if the comment comes from some one driving with a controller, the absence of FFB feeling can make the perception very different, as for a wheel user bad FFB will be very detrimental. For those who have acquire trough time some hardware to enhance our sim experience it is sometimes difficult to remember that we also enjoyed our SIM with less sophisticated tools as we have a hard time contemplating going back to less, but we did enjoy it enough to try to make it better.
So let’s just share the passion, help each other, refrain from judging and enjoy what we do the way we are doing it.

It just sounds like if your not actually driving a real formula car than why put any effort into it. Just asking, since you feel the way above, is that why you drive with a controller?

Your right though :D it doesn't matter how its played but you can enjoy it a hell of a lot more with at least wheel.
Personally, using a controller for a true sim would be no point in even trying to get the most out of it.
Get rid of your controller heh, Assetto isn't Daytona USA by Sega
Hell get a cheap wheel! Or, as you say, "Its your game after all!!!" :gtpflag:
j0jg.jpg

Last edited:
Luddenham Raceway is Sydney’s newest motorsport precinct.

In close proximity to the Western Sydney International Airport, opening in 2026, Luddenham Raceway was officially opened by Mr Alan Jones, Radio 2GB and Sky News Broadcaster on Thursday 1stNovember 2018.

https://luddenhamraceway.com/about-us/#grand-opening
I didn't even know the name of the track until some of the turns seemed familiar to a video I watched. Time to update Yaris 'Hilton' and release? (I need to remodel the XXR527 wheels and the bolt on fenders. Interior is more or less re-textured).

Last edited:
Hello gents and ladies (there must be a few here right?),

I've pretty much already given up hope but I thought i would post this question anyhow. ......

Thanks in advance.

Sucks getting a massive hard crash like that. For the nuts and bolts of CM and apps etc I'f head over to the Shader discord (CM section there).
imo, it wouldn't hurt to do a clean wipe of SOL and reinstalling fresh.
Same goes with the shader patch, where the updated pop out UI is from, beings that you're only seeing vanilla.

Head over.

It just sounds like if your not actually driving a real formula car than why put any effort into it. Just asking, since you feel the way above, is that why you drive with a controller?

Your right though :D it doesn't matter how its played but you can enjoy it a hell of a lot more with at least wheel.
Personally, using a controller for a true sim would be no point in even trying to get the most out of it.
Get rid of your controller heh, Assetto isn't Daytona USA by Sega
Hell get a cheap wheel! Or, as you say, "Its your game after all!!!" :gtpflag:
j0jg.jpg

Everyone plays as they want, according to their desires, their budget, etc. without criticizing their neighbor. Above all, be correct on the circuit or on the forum. (sorry for my english)

(Chacun joue comme il veut, suivant ses envies, son budget, etc sans critiquer son voisin. Qu'il soit correct sur le circuit surtout ou sur le forum).

Hi all, since we are a group about mods and I always wander if/how I can modify the mod cars. To customise it so that it look cooler or the way I envision it.
I just found a video that teaches how to change the wheels for a mod car. It seems very interested and I want to share this to anyone who have the same interest.
I know absolutely nothing about modding or 3D modelling. But I am willing to learn as simracing has become one of my favorite hobbies.
Hopefully I will gain more knowledge and be able to share my experience back to the community.
Will keep you guys update on my learning progress or ask lots of silly questions hahaha.

Ok, my journey starts here.... here we go...

Just to add my Canadian 2 cents, on how people are enjoying their favorite sim(s). We almost all started playing with a controller or a keyboard looking at a TV set or a normal monitor. Some have spent time and money on a lot of hardware, some have not. Often, those who are now playing with a wheel, a better wheel, a sophisticated rig, tactile, motion, curved screen, triple screen or VR, enjoy their toy tremendously. They mostly want to share the joy. Sometime this enthusiasm is not well received. Their a lot of reason why people play the way they do. Their are also different reason why someone ask someone else how he is enjoying his SIM. Like for example if one his curious on how a particular mod car behave, if the comment comes from some one driving with a controller, the absence of FFB feeling can make the perception very different, as for a wheel user bad FFB will be very detrimental. For those who have acquire trough time some hardware to enhance our sim experience it is sometimes difficult to remember that we also enjoyed our SIM with less sophisticated tools as we have a hard time contemplating going back to less, but we did enjoy it enough to try to make it better.
So let’s just share the passion, help each other, refrain from judging and enjoy what we do the way we are doing it.

I've been having fun with my controller + potato + pancake set up.... ... .. I don't have much more to add to that... .. but it's the truth!

Ok, my journey starts here.... here we go...

Strange tutorial as that is not a rim swap but a wheel swap(and disks), and is is not pedantic to say they are two very different things.
Also why did he go into Max at all? everything he did can be done in 3DSimED. 3DSimED has had an update since that video and that texture exporting he did is automatic now.
No need to align the wheels, the game aligns them on the fly and you can use CM to position and save them.

Now if you do want to just swap rims then going via Max or Blender is the best way as you can scale them to fit the tyres.

I can recognize some credit in your comments but hey...it´s just another perspective :) It seems that you are a sim perfectionist lol. I bet you must have a kick ass rig or setup. Not me, sadly. And no, I´m not using any controllers. I´m using my old faithful G27...Is it ok by you? :lol:

Why so defensive about a controller?
I use one in wreckfest, motoGP, spintires...... no biggy.

I simply don't understand why or how a fake helmet effect works with a steering wheel set up.
I play MotoGP games with a controller and the helmet effect works really well in that.....
That was all.......

Having read some other replys after i posted this...Look i never at any point slagged off controller users.... I use one like i say for certain types of games....

I am amazed at the fidelity of controllers and i am on the side of the argument that says driving a car with a controller in real life would be easy.

I fly drones too, with a controller.....
I love controllers, but for sim racing i am now so used to wheel.

My link with a controller was simply the motogp / ride games with fake helmet effect and it works well....that was my only experience with it...

download (1).jpg

Last edited:
Strange tutorial as that is not a rim swap but a wheel swap(and disks), and is is not pedantic to say they are two very different things.
Also why did he go into Max at all? everything he did can be done in 3DSimED. 3DSimED has had an update since that video and that texture exporting he did is automatic now.
No need to align the wheels, the game aligns them on the fly and you can use CM to position and save them.

Now if you do want to just swap rims then going via Max or Blender is the best way as you can scale them to fit the tyres.
Make us a tutorial please.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back