Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,815 comments
Hey all, does anybody have a link to this z32 mod? I can’t seem to find it anywhere.
B992B460-E129-4EF2-BB05-6DF75F75A17F.jpeg

Glensheil by Grant Hendry updated:

https://mega.nz/#!FHQhSYyC!Ko2qhsVYLfCFG5DDasuLVb-CChVZzWpII5q1fAudru0
Version 0.1.5
Up to 530 miles of free roam driving including off road.
2 gravel hillclimbs
2 AI lines suitable for Trackday mode
4 Race tracks
1 mixed surface track
2 grass tracks
Multiple touge style mountain roads
Track map works
Known stuff, some buildngs are floating and some trees and rocks are on the road. I removed most of them but still some remain. None of them have collision physics yet but will once the road is clearThe vertex normals for the trees need adjusted. Water needs fixed and most impostantly i know i need signs, signs and more signs. Now the track is more or less finalised in layout i can start making buildings and signs and other Scottish stuff
Check my previous post on how to set up your ini to get the best smoothness from the track
Thanks
Me
A fully paid up member the Finnish United Creative Kollective

I feel almost like playing TDU when using this track... love it!

CSP updated:
v0.1.50
• Refracting headlights:
• Raytracing fixed;
• Issue with surfaces with alpha blending inside fixed;
• Multisampling option is faster, using only two rays per pixel, and works without MSAA;
• Dynamic lights now work properly, both for inside and outside;
• Reflections FX: performance of physically-based sampling improved;
• Always glowing exhausts fixed;
• Missing driver for distant cars fixed.

CSP updated:
v0.1.50
• Refracting headlights:
• Raytracing fixed;
• Issue with surfaces with alpha blending inside fixed;
• Multisampling option is faster, using only two rays per pixel, and works without MSAA;
• Dynamic lights now work properly, both for inside and outside;
• Reflections FX: performance of physically-based sampling improved;
• Always glowing exhausts fixed;
• Missing driver for distant cars fixed.
Yes the orange exhaust glow has also been fixed. 👍

@gladbecker82 I have a few question for you.
I real like your Oreca 07 mod and I found that its grip is worse than the original one, I did a 3:26:9 in sx lemans using soft compand but it fill quite slipery and I found it hard to control the car using medium compand, do you think it's better to use the original tyre or it's the same feeling as the real one?
Then I tried to use the engine of your mod to the dallara p217 and ligier jsp217 from rollovers. With this engine change, I can easily get a 3:28 low in sx lemans while 100% AI did a 3:31 btw, the 100% AI did a 3:30 in your Oreca 07. Should I call it a day and stop tuning the two mods?
Moreover, the fuel consumption of those two cars are 5.20L per lap with a 63L fuel tank, which means that they can run approximately 12 laps, do you think I should modify the fuel consumption rate or the fuel tank?
P.S Due to my research, the real scale of the tyre of the LMP2 class is 30/68/R18 and 31/71/R18

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I'm trying to do some small mods to this guy(to make it look like my real one) through CM Showroom (new paint etc) But something seems strange with the car. Nothing i do in CM changes anything. No paint. Can't turn on lights, can't turn the wheelangle for previews, nothing.

Would love a great CRX for AC :)

upload_2020-3-26_12-27-42.png

Didn't solve it but put me into the correct section so thanks. In the end I had to increase shadows sharpening from 20% to 65%, this has solved the problem for me.
Nice, good to know. It was imo @Fanapryde who something similiar with stripes in front of the car on the road and iirc this unticked solved it. But CSP is changing a lot of things with updates. Things are fixed and get messed up again. I thing we must be patient. Where there is planing, there are also shavings ... (hope this makes sence in english, lol).

@Beezer215 Oh, new Avatar? The old one took me a while to recognise it, but I´ll liked it a lot. :)
Yapp, I like Beez too, lol. Iirc it was one of my first light configs and I had a big helping hand from @leBluem (if you read this, I'm still grateful for everything I learned from you :bowdown:)
Here some screenies from the working project:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-872#post-13035447
and here the config itself:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-874#post-13036029

And jepp,
SHAPE_SIZE = 0.1, 1.0 <------ is this it?
That´s right, like min, max size. :)
You can also take a look on the new ks_nordschleife.ini where imo @leBluem put a lot of helpful hints in the grass_fx settings part. Thx also for it. 👍

Still not looked for the new grass config of Beez, but it´s in the pipe. :)
I´ll soon release some other things too, just fiddling with some minor things. ;)

For those who are interested: this was my idea and Ilja implemented it. I simply have too many fancy splashscreens to choose from. 💡
Does this nice feature still work with the new 1.50 version? Yesterday it worked now it doesn't. Option is active in 'loading screen'. Also directed to the appropriate folder.

Edit: still works!

Last edited:
Didn't solve it but put me into the correct section so thanks. In the end I had to increase shadows sharpening from 20% to 65%, this has solved the problem for me.

It did solve the lines I had in front of the car, but some skins gave me the same issues like on the pic you posted.
Your tip about the shadow sharpening helped 👍

Nice, good to know. It was imo @Fanapryde who something similiar with stripes in front of the car on the road and iirc this unticked solved it.

Yep, that fixed it :cheers:

Another thing that bothers me is the mirror/monitor in some cars that has some kind of mesh over the screen so it looks pretty bad. Not all cars are affected though so I'm wondering if there is a setting somewhere to get a 'clean' monitor ?

This the gue_aston_martin_vantage_gt3 (Guerilla Mods, SSR, delpinsky v1.3 e.g.)

monitor.png

@delpinsky maybe ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Does anyone here knows how ro convert .pvr textures in .png?
I tried using PVRTexTool CLI but I don't know how to use it, if I open the .exe it just loads some lines of code and the shuts
it's probably a command line tool
launch it from a command window with something like /? or -? that usually tells you how to use it

I tried using PVRTexTool CLI but I don't know how to use it, if I open the .exe it just loads some lines of code and the shuts

Have you tried IRFANVIEW. I know I've used it in the past to convert images. I think you need to install the plugins for it though

Lol, sorry for that, but CLI means command line, so something to use in command line (shell, terminal...)
I never heard of that tool but a quick look on their site gives me this
PVRTexToolCLI –i skybox1.bmp,skybox2.bmp,skybox3.bmp,skybox4.bmp,skybox5.bmp,skybox6.bmp –cube -m –f pvrtc1_4 –o skybox.dds
as command line example.
And looking here you get the options how to use it:
https://docs.imgtec.com/PVRTexTool_Manual/topics/PVRTexTool CLI/command_line_options.html

Combining "Input file" with "Output file" options should help. Or you have to look for a Gui for that tool or a command line that exactly fits your needs.
You could also try asking in "their" forum https://forums.imgtec.com/ , for sure you find more useful infos there as there should more people potentially use that tool. :)

With permission of @Jimlloyd (thx for this nice track and many other ones too, you brought us :bowdown:) here a fix for the dis- and reappearing groove line on the track and as bonus a grass config for some more eye candy. :)
https://sharemods.com/b8zk1jw08scj/Snetterton_v1.1_groove_fix_and_new_grass.7z.html

@Longmont asked for which version this fix is, thx for feedback. 👍
Snetterton 2017 from the ACTrackRebootProject of Jim Lloyd.

Actually you can find the whole track for download on Shaun Clarke´s site under tracks:
https://shaunclarke35.wixsite.com/website/copy-of-car-downloads

Any other feedback for improvements or if I messed something up, is appreciated. :)

I hope you enjoy it.
Old original files are still there as collision_orig.kn5 and collision2_orig.kn5 backup. Delete them if useless. (Maybe you want to compare both versions, or just for a nostalgic touch use the original ones. ;) )
ui.jsons files are changed for new version number (backup your old ones if needed, wanted)
new grass config goes to ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\snetterton.ini
Installation with drag´n´drop to CM or even just copy´n´paste url to CM should work, but as I install all manually it´s untested. ;)

Edit: sorry, I just posted the wrong link. Now corrected. :)
Thx @norms for your notice and for testing.
@Fanapryde and @VheEth for testing too. All a big 👍 :cheers: :D
upload_2020-3-26_14-30-58.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back