Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,792 comments
W.I.P. Peugeot 308 RCZ GT4. Added some new brake calipers. Lowered the car a little. The picture is fooling you. The front and rear wheels are all the same size. It's the FOV from the camera that makes the illusion :) Do you guys thing the car should be lower? I have started working on the suspensions. Enough work for today. Stay safe people!

LU1NetO.jpg

The car(s) as used in the Supercar Challenge:

peugeot1.png
peugeot.png

Maybe helpful ?

@slider666's version of Auto Union Ring's graphics are too white for me. I'm sure it wasn't before. I reinstalled Windows and may have lost some config files. Any ideas about this are welcome.

Then you propably missed messages about making someones day with Z32 link and what tony said. Not my fault i can make quality mods unlike you :lol:

Then you propably missed messages about making someones day with Z32 link and what tony said. Not my fault i can make quality mods unlike you :lol:
The guy that begged for the Z32 joined today and that was his first post. People who join just to beg for mods get largely ignored by the rest of the community here.
Maybe take it up directly with that guy rather than dragging the whole board into some petty squabble?

For those familiar with 3dsimed....if I lets say make a mirror of an object and then export those two objects as a whole, the material textures also get mirrored. Is there a setting to avoid that?

Save as a separate object and change the material name for one, you can then scale that material by -1 to get the texture to face the right way. And or edit the texture to reverse text and such.

Last edited:
I just dont like when someone who spreads/reuploads any mod he can to make money or even edit before share cuz its model from different game etc etc. Its long topic i have no time for. I appreciate good opinions but meanwhile many people say we can eat **** cuz we block our mods to everyone with encryption. They should look what happened to street heroes paid S13 which was scratch if im correct. It got edited to **** with other stolen models without any asking or something. Seeing someone blocked on every group and asking for every good mod link just makes me laugh. Nothing more. I have no time for starting dramas and ****talk, but when telling me i can crawl back to discord is just stupid. Is there anything else i can say without insults or vulgar language before i "crawl back" to my job? :)

It did solve the lines I had in front of the car, but some skins gave me the same issues like on the pic you posted.
Your tip about the shadow sharpening helped 👍

Yep, that fixed it :cheers:

Another thing that bothers me is the mirror/monitor in some cars that has some kind of mesh over the screen so it looks pretty bad. Not all cars are affected though so I'm wondering if there is a setting somewhere to get a 'clean' monitor ?

This the gue_aston_martin_vantage_gt3 (Guerilla Mods, SSR, delpinsky v1.3 e.g.)

View attachment 902985
@delpinsky maybe ? :rolleyes:
Based on year/type of car I think. Older cars get a clear view, whilst newer cars simulate a rear facing camera with that pixel effect, hence monitor.

I just dont like when someone who spreads/reuploads any mod he can to make money or even edit before share cuz its model from different game etc etc. Its long topic i have no time for. I appreciate good opinions but meanwhile many people say we can eat **** cuz we block our mods to everyone with encryption. They should look what happened to street heroes paid S13 which was scratch if im correct. It got edited to **** with other stolen models without any asking or something. Seeing someone blocked on every group and asking for every good mod link just makes me laugh. Nothing more. I have no time for starting dramas and ****talk, but when telling me i can crawl back to discord is just stupid. Is there anything else i can say without insults or vulgar language before i "crawl back" to my job? :)

And as we said...take it up with the person you have an issue with in private instead of making a drama out of it in public. If yo uhave a problem with one or 2 people then we all don't need to see your crap. And as Masscott has already pointed out...your mods were respected here before anyways.

Always liked your MR2 by the way

O... kay, but don't take the attitude and opinions of one or two individuals here as being some sort of 'GT Planet hive mind', which seems to be what a few people on Discord like spreading around. We're here to have fun with our hobby, sometimes in a naive way, but a lot of members here are trying to learn and improve all the time. Crikey, we all need to try and have fun and do something to take our minds off our fears for the safety and well-being of our families and loved ones right now. People are dying, so let's try to keep some perspective. Modding pretend cars and manufacturing drama around them isn't really all that important right now.

Based on year/type of car I think. Older cars get a clear view, whilst newer cars simulate a rear facing camera with that pixel effect, hence monitor.
As you say, older cars mostly show a clear picture. Some of the newer have a discrete pixelated look, but in some others that effect is overdone and dusturbing.
So there is no (easy) way to correct that...pity.
Thanks for the info anyway ;)

As you say, older cars mostly show a clear picture. Some of the newer have a discrete pixelated look, but in some others that effect is overdone and dusturbing.
Maybe raise it on the Discord and Ilja might add a toggle for it, or maybe let you tweak the severity of the effect.

OTTH that may be the underlying resolution of the mirror texture.
Try this, use CM Showroom to export the mirror texture to a skin folder, then edit replace that texture with a high resolution one and see if things change.
Don't forget to test with the skin you chose and if this works then propagate that texture to all the skin folders of that car.

Could also be the angle the mirror is mounted at??

Just guessing and thinking out loud.

You gave a link to a POS garbage ricer, congrats. I wouldn't pat yourself on the back there bub. I dont see the community ever talking about how great your mods are, do you have a fever?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back